Tips for Self Promotion, Sales, and Advertising discussion

Twitter Tips > Make your book a trending topic

Comments (showing 1-6)    post a comment »
dateUp arrow    newest »

message 6: by C.S. (new)

C.S. Winchester (CSWinchester) | 39 comments I only have 65, I think.

I think it can work if you have something really catchy and meme worthy. I just cant think of anything meme worthy enough.

I have got a few followers recently by participating in the trending topics that interest me and using key words and hashtags related to my books/writing or life. Some people search for tweets on topics they like.

message 5: by Amy (new)

Amy Rohde (amyRohde) | 9 comments Hmm. Maybe it has to do with the number of followers? I have 19 followers, so I don't imagine it would do much for me. Maybe if I had 19,000, it would be different.
Of course, if I had 19,000 followers, I'd probably have a lot fewer questions about how to market my book, because I'd already have developed some successful strategies!

message 4: by C.S. (new)

C.S. Winchester (CSWinchester) | 39 comments No, it was a bust. It got a few re-tweets but nothing huge.

message 3: by Amy (new)

Amy Rohde (amyRohde) | 9 comments This is a fascinating concept-- did it work out well for you?
I'm really new to twitter, and am still trying to figure it all out.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi CS, I Tweet too! I will check this out and get back to you soon. Malika Bourne author of the Twitter blog 'Sectets of the Unwritten Book'.

message 1: by C.S. (last edited Jul 15, 2010 12:52PM) (new)

C.S. Winchester (CSWinchester) | 39 comments I had insomnia the other night and was playing about on Twitter and see a trending topic #cosimscottish (being half Scottish I was interested in this).

By reading the other replies I realised this all started from one tweet saying "RT this and i'll follow you #cosimscottish"

Seriously it became a UK trending topic from one persons tweet, and not even a famous person!

I'm trying this myself because it could be a great way to promote a book. I've set up a competition so I have 2 reasons for people to tweet (a follow and a freebie) and a link to my website that has the competition details (= possible sales!)

This is my Tweet.

So I was wondering if anyone else wanted to try this?

I'm thinking we keep this topic for people to post a link for the tweets they want re-tweeted and we'll help each other out by RTing to our followers. I suggest we keep it to one post so people will get emailed when someone posts a new tweet here.

The chances of us becoming a trending topic are slim, but anything is possible and every little helps.

If you'd like to RT my tweet above, I will be most grateful and shall return the favour when you post something here for re-tweet.

Tips for Self Promotion, Sales, and Advertising

unread topics | mark unread