Marcia Lynn McClure Fans - Clean Romance discussion

Other Clean Romances > Found any other clean romance authors you enjoy

Comments (showing 1-50 of 117) (117 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Kathy (new)

Kathy (kathyhabel) | 32 comments Mod
I'm always looking for other great books to read. Found any other authors who write good clean romance?

message 2: by Kathy (new)

I've been really spoiled by Marcia. It's hard for any other book to live up to her books. I just read City of Angels by Sheralyn Pratt and enjoyed it but it was more mystery & adventure than romance.

message 3: by Melody (last edited Jul 14, 2010 05:34PM) (new)

Melody | 6 comments I enjoy a lot of books, and can appreciate the many styles of writing, but when it comes to romance Marcia's reign supreme! :)
I read an awesome one just today, The Gladiator by Carla Capshaw. I highly recommend it. It's historical inspirational.

message 4: by Cyndi (new)

Cyndi | 3 comments You can try Deeanne Gist. I liked them, not as good as Marcia's but they have some clean romance.

message 5: by Tifferz (last edited Jul 14, 2010 03:46PM) (new)

Tifferz | 22 comments Kathy wrote: "I'm always looking for other great books to read. Found any other authors who write good clean romance?"

Donna Hatch is an excellent author she has a few books out. The Stranger She Married and The Guise of a Gentleman. Her books are clean and only have KISSING!!!

message 6: by Stacie (new)

Stacie Christensen | 4 comments Kathy..One author I HIGHLY recommend is Joyce DiPastena..she's written 2 books her 1st Loyalty's Web & the 2nd Illuminations of the Heart. I bought her 2nd book 1st & by the 5th page I was hooked!! Another GREAT author is Rachel Rager she's written 1 book By Love or by Sea...You can't go wrong with either of these authors! You should be able to pick them up at Deseret or Seagull there in St George = ) Hope this helps!

message 7: by Marcia (new)

Marcia McClure (MarciaLynnMcClure) | 16 comments I LOVE vintage Victoria Holt...as you probably already know. However, one of my favorite, favorite authors is Jill Tattersall! She's out of print, but you can get her books on e-bay and stuff for literally pennies!

message 8: by Karen (new)

Karen | 1 comments I love Elizabeth Mansfield's books. And you should also read Marnie Pehrson's romances as well. I was introduced to her books at the same time as Marcia's. :)

message 9: by Celeste (new)

Celeste Dailey | 1 comments Dorothy Keddington. Her books are really good, clean romances with a bit of suspense thrown in. Some of her books can be hard to find, but that's what e-bay and half.com are for.

message 10: by Lil' (new)

Lil' Bo (lilbopeep) | 2 comments she only has one book out right now but Prudence Bice's the Widowers Wife was amazing! she has another one coming out soon from what I understand

message 11: by Kathy (new)

I won the Gladiator through goodread's giveaways. I'll start it soon.

message 12: by Melody (new)

Melody | 6 comments Oh lucky! I have hopes of winning one of those someday, lol. Let me know what you think. I loved it!

message 13: by Susan (last edited Jul 20, 2010 08:16AM) (new)

Susan | 1 comments I, too, like Dorothy Keddington books. I've found all of mine at the Deseret Industries. I call them my favorite book store.

Marcia's books sure do get my heart racing though.

message 14: by Amy (new)

Amy | 3 comments I love Dorothy Keddington books also. A few others that I really enjoy are Jennie Hansen, Besty Brannon Green and Anita Stansfield. All of these are great Authors I think. Plus they are all different in their writing.

message 15: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (willlyssa) | 19 comments I love DeAnne Gist (the "Bride Most Begrudging" is my favorite), Dorothy Keddington (Return to Red Castle), and 2 new authors: Alicia Buck (Flecks of Gold), and Prudence Bice (The Widower's Wife). I know many of those are repeats, but I second the motion! :)

message 16: by Katie (new)

Katie | 3 comments I also love Dorothy Keddington, and of course Marcia's are my fav. But, Marion Chesney's books are really fun, short easy romances, some of them get a little more heated than just kissing, but for the most part they are really clean. Lynn Kurland also has some fun romantic books.
I wish I could buy Marcia's books in Hard Back.

message 17: by Cortney (new)

Cortney | 9 comments Tiffany wrote: "Kathy wrote: "I'm always looking for other great books to read. Found any other authors who write good clean romance?"

Donna Hatch is an excellent author she has a few books out. The Stranger S..."

I totally agree that Donna Hatch is excellent. My favorite fictional books of all time are the Twilight's and A Crimson Frost A Crimson Frost by Marcia Lynn McClure(my favorite by Marcia) but Donna Hatch has wonderful clean romances.
Queen in Exile by Donna Hatchwas wonderful
and I second the The Stranger She Married (Rogue Hearts, #1) by Donna Hatch

message 18: by Becki (new)

Becki | 8 comments I agree with all of these suggestions, especially Dorothy Keddington. Her books are great. Return to Red Castle is my absolute favorite of hers.

message 19: by Sandie (new)

Sandie Mixa (goodreadscomSandie) | 11 comments Hi everyone, I just joined. Being a long time fan of Marcia's, I want to add an author that fits right in with those mentioned above: MaryLu Tyndall. Hers are often set on ships and are adventurous too. Good romance scenes (almost as good as Marcia's) and clean.

message 20: by Kathy (new)

My library doesn't have any books by MaryLu Tyndal :(

message 21: by Kathy (new)

No wait I found her at our library - Actually they have 2 of her books. But her name is listed as:
Tyndall, M. L.

message 22: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (willlyssa) | 19 comments Never heard of Tyndall! I will check her out?

message 23: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (willlyssa) | 19 comments Hahaha. Didn't mean to ask. I will check her out at my library!

message 24: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (willlyssa) | 19 comments I can't find her either. What are some titles to her books?

message 25: by Sandie (new)

Sandie Mixa (goodreadscomSandie) | 11 comments Yes, she is listed as M.L. Tyndall sometimes. Look for The Red Siren, The Blue Enchantress, The Raven Saint and Falcon and the Sparrow. There is also a pirate series which I haven't read yet: The Reliance, The Redemption, the Restitution. These are SO GOOD.

message 26: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (willlyssa) | 19 comments I found the Pirate ones at the library. Looks like that's all they have. But I'm excited! I really like Shannon Hale books. I just finished "The Actor and The Housewife." I REALLY liked it.

message 27: by Kathy (new)

Kathy * Bookworm Nation | 13 comments I've read a few Nancy Parra books that were good. The few I've read were clean, but still packed with romance!!

message 28: by Tifferz (new)

Tifferz | 22 comments Kathy wrote: "I've read a few Nancy Parra books that were good. The few I've read were clean, but still packed with romance!!"

I have all Nancy Parra books and love them! They are all clean and you are right packed with romance!

message 29: by Lisa (new)

Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa) (letsread) | 3 comments I found the Red Siren and the Blue Enchantress at my library, I placed a hold on them. A good book if you want to check out, it's a biblical book is Gathered: A Novel of Ruth. It's written by my friend and next door neighbor, Lee Ann Setzer. It was published in 2003. Another book is Where Dreams Meet by Lynda M Nelson.

message 30: by Teresa (new)

Teresa | 6 comments I was bummed to see we didn't have any MaryLu Tyndal at our library. Maybe I'll try some of the other authors recommend.

message 31: by Tifferz (new)

Tifferz | 22 comments I would also recommend The Widower's Wife by Prudence Bice!

message 32: by Sandie (new)

Sandie Mixa (goodreadscomSandie) | 11 comments I just finished By Love or By Sea by Rachel Rager. Awesome and she could be a twin writer to Marcia.

message 33: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 7 comments Thanks, Sandie. That's so nice of you to say! :) That's one of the best compliments I could get!

message 34: by Laura (new)

Laura | 4 comments Sandie wrote: "I just finished By Love or By Sea by Rachel Rager. Awesome and she could be a twin writer to Marcia."

I agree 100%! I read her Wednesday Romance novel online today... great way to spend my afternoon! Thanks Rachel!

message 35: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 7 comments Glad you liked it, Laura! :)

message 36: by Sandie (new)

Sandie Mixa (goodreadscomSandie) | 11 comments I just finished A Wanted Man by Nancy Parra. Wow! It had loads of adventure and very sensual romance but still remained clean. Loved it. I'll be looking for more of hers!

message 37: by Tifferz (new)

Tifferz | 22 comments Sandie wrote: "I just finished A Wanted Man by Nancy Parra. Wow! It had loads of adventure and very sensual romance but still remained clean. Loved it. I'll be looking for more of hers!"

Sandie-

I loved that book too! I think you will love all her other books! I do!

message 38: by Freyja (new)

Freyja colborn | 3 comments Laura wrote: "Sandie wrote: "I just finished By Love or By Sea by Rachel Rager. Awesome and she could be a twin writer to Marcia."

I agree 100%! I read her Wednesday Romance novel online today... great way to..."

I am always on the look out for new authors and I have agree I really like this one. I also just read her Wednesday romance and can't wait for the next chapter.

message 39: by Teresa (new)

Teresa | 6 comments Laura, I'd like to read books by Rachel Rager, where did you find her books at? I checked her website
http://www.rachelrager.com/ but didn't see a way to get books. I live in TX. I wonder if that's my problem, and that's why I can't find them.
Thanks!

message 40: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 7 comments Teresa, Right now I only have one published. By Love or By Sea. I know Barnes and Noble can get it if you ask them. You can always get it at Amazon.com or Cedar Fort, Inc. too. Just ask, and most people can get it in. :)

message 41: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (MelanieAlomia) | 2 comments Amy Corwin has three books out: The Bricklayer's Helper, I Bid One American and Love, The Critic. I've bought all her books as Kindle Edition from Amazon but I believe you can get the book in hard copy as well. They are all great reads and clean!

message 42: by Teresa (new)

Teresa | 6 comments Rachel, thanks for the heads up about Amazon. I went ahead and ordered your book. I have to admit I'm a huge Marcia fan and am looking forward to your book. Today I read your short story on your website and called my friend immediately tell her about you. Your getting a larger fan base my friend!

message 43: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 7 comments Thank you, Teresa! That's so kind of you. I write because I like good clean romance. I do it for me. I'm thrilled when others get to enjoy it too! :)

message 44: by Lisa (new)

Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa) (letsread) | 3 comments I love clean romance. I like to remember the feelings of falling in love with my husband! I'm going to check out your book! I have friends asking me about good books all of the time. We'll help get the word out.

message 45: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (willlyssa) | 19 comments A series that I'm reading right now that I LOVE is by Tasha Alexander. The books are about a woman named Emily Ashton. The first one is called "And Only to Deceive." There are 4 in the series. They have a lot of suspense/mystery and clean romance! They take place in the late Victorian era. They are easy, quick reads!

message 46: by Teresa (new)

Teresa | 6 comments Alyssa, I'm next in line at the library. Looking forward to it. Thanks!

message 47: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 7 comments I've been enjoying Eva Ibbotson's books. The Countess Below Stairs and A Reluctant Heiress are lots of fun!

message 48: by Paige (new)

Paige | 3 comments Richard Paul Evans is really good also!

message 49: by Sandie (new)

Sandie Mixa (goodreadscomSandie) | 11 comments I just finished The Widower's Wife by Prudence Bice. It's her debut novel. Amazing! Couldn't put it down.

message 50: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (willlyssa) | 19 comments I just read the M.L. Tyndall Pirate books...LOVED THEM! Got me in the mood for the Marcia's "Pirate Ruse"...when will it come out?!

« previous 1 3

Marcia Lynn McClure Fans - Clean Romance

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Queen in Exile (other topics)
The Stranger She Married (other topics)
A Crimson Frost (other topics)
By Love or by Sea (other topics)
No Cure for the Broken Hearted (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Patricia Briggs (other topics)
Alex Flinn (other topics)
Rachel Harlin (other topics)
Lynn Kurland (other topics)
Lori Wick (other topics)
More...