River Marked (Mercy Thompson, #6) River Marked discussion

River Marked

Comments (showing 1-7 of 7) (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sami (last edited Jul 08, 2010 12:41AM) (new)

Sami I luv these series. But one Thing i hope she puts in this book is another walker. It would be cool if mercy met another walker like her. If u know if she gonna do this. Write Me Back!

Pauline Have you finished reading River Marked? Studied the native Americans she meets on her honeymoon with Adam?

Fangs for the Fantasy I was extremely disappointed with this book. Up until now, Mercy really has been Native American in name only but this really just felt like an info dump to make the character more believable. Mercy isn't the first protagonist to be cut off from her culture - Anita Blake anyone?

If that were not enough Adam was absolutely obnoxious. If this is what passes for love, I'll skip it thanks. He is obsessive and controlling. I get that he is an alpha werewolf but Mercy constantly spending her time trying not to upset him is annoying and reads more like an abused spouse than a couple in love. The man didn't even want to let her go to Walmart by herself.

So as not to take up anymore of this thread, here is a review of what I thought of the book.

Pauline Hey Fangs, I can see where you are coming from in your response to Adam's and Mercy's behavior in River Marked. My take is that all through the books Briggs kept mentioning that Mercy shied away from him because of the Alpha possessiveness and pretty much illustrated other wolves showing the same pack-like behavior, which is primitive. So, I'm not personally led to thinking this is a relationship for everyone. However, seeing your point of view, I wondered if you've read the Faith Hunter seraph series? There, you will find the kind of independence I think you admire in a lead character and how she handles relationships. The lead character is both very independent and powerful in her own right yet still leaves room to open up to interdependence. Happy reading to you!

Fangs for the Fantasy Pauline wrote: "Hey Fangs, I can see where you are coming from in your response to Adam's and Mercy's behavior in River Marked. My take is that all through the books Briggs kept mentioning that Mercy shied away f..."

I suppose my issue with this book is that Mercy went from someone who put a trailer in his view because it irritated him when Adam got on her nerves to someone cowering and changing her behaviour to please him. When I think about the high rates of violence women fact in relationships, this behaviour too closely mirrors an abused spouse for me.

No I have not read the series but I am always on the hunt for a good book. I will be sure to check this out. Thanks so much.

Beatrix Very touching for me was a letter I wrote Adam Mercy. It turned out to be much like him. Adam's behavior is quite unusual, not typical of a man in love. Rather, a body guard appears next to Mercy. In any case, it was interesting that you learned about Mercy's father, and a bit confused.

Pauline Mercy's father's tale is touched on in the books leading up to this one, but was never carried further than he'd died before she was born. Some people have difficulty with the attention given to her ancestry in this book, feeling that it wandered away from the main story line.

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

River Marked (other topics)