The Painted Man (Demon Cycle, #1) The Painted Man discussion

The Painted Man

Comments (showing 1-11 of 11) (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Amber Found this on the shelf at work and wasn't expecting much but had it finished in a day. Sailed right through it; thought it was excellent!

Luis Caraballo Same here I just couldn't put it down, it was a really entertaining book. And well Arlen is just a badass.

message 3: by Adam (new) - added it

Adam I was in the same boat. I was about to board a plane and desperately needed something to read. I sped through this book, enjoying the world and "magic system" created by the author. I have since read the second book and continue to enjoy the series.

Kara Been wanting to get the second book, waited till it was in paperback, and now my to-be-read pile is too-big-to-read.

Amber Yeah, I have Desert Spear in my TBR list - and for pleasure I'm going to reread The Painted Man before getting into the sequel :-)

Matt Keevil Fantastic book, and the "Magic" aspect was like no other story I have read.

Amber I agree :-) It's awesome.

Nick Flint This book is one of my favourites yet i still maintain that the second book is even better, any who havent i reccomend to read it. The Ward/Magic feedback system is incredably unique. The only books i know of with another stand alone 'magic' system is Brandon Sanderson in his Mistborn Series.

Amber Totally!! The Mistborn series is awesome, and the magic created for both series is truly unique and inventive... Apparently Brandon's got another book coming out later this year, a companion or follow-on of sorts to Mistborn called 'The Alloy of Law'...(or something very similar).

message 10: by Nick (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nick Flint I've read about the alloy of law - it technoically follows the end of book 3 The Hero Of Ages but 200 years later as society as developed as a functioning world as we have but with the legacy of a mist born world.

Have you read the way of kings - Sanderson's new series?

Amber Nick wrote: "I've read about the alloy of law - it technoically follows the end of book 3 The Hero Of Ages but 200 years later as society as developed as a functioning world as we have but with the legacy of a ..."

Absolutely - I thought it was excellent and I'm impatiently waiting for the next one. I find it very hard to pick favourites where Sanderson's books are concerned - I love the Mistborn books, the Way of Kings, and Elantris; Warbreaker was good, but for me just not quite up there with the rest.

As far as I know, the Alloy of Law is going to be quite short at about 288 pages; do you know anything at all about the next one in the kings series?

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

The Painted Man (other topics)