Q&A with Josh Lanyon discussion

General News

Comments (showing 7,601-7,650 of 23,739) (23739 new)    post a comment »

Jordan Lombard (JSLombard) | 5112 comments Antonella wrote: "I suppose that my signature under this petition by change.org goes under ''General News''. The fact that I invite you to sign goes under ''Advertising''? ;-)

Facebook/ Mark Zuckerberg: Should offe..."

YES!!! THANK YOU! I just signed it. Not on FB myself, but personally, that's an important thing they should have done AGES ago! Thanks much for the link.

Jordan Lombard (JSLombard) | 5112 comments When I was in HS, I had to take a language. I just couldn't grasp Spanish and didn't think I'd be able to grasp either Latin or French, the other spoken language choices. Thankfully, my school also offered American Sign Language. That was a very small class, and it was a lot of fun. I wasn't especially fluent, but I did learn it. Though I had to go outside the school to take my third year of it. I was the first person at my HS to graduate with ASL as a language.

Although the funny thing about Spanish was that because my teacher was so good at what he did, he rarely flunked students. I simply sat in on the last third of the first year class, and retook it a second year. But, because he rarely flunked students, he didn't have to make up new tests every year. Which meant I had all the answers the second year. I ended up passing with a 98. My councelor thought I was ready to move on to the second year of spanish. I just laughed. That was sooo not happening.

Thank God for ASL!

message 7603: by Josh (new)

Josh (JoshLanyon) | 13178 comments Vivian wrote: "Josh, you are winning!
I wish they would make a movie out of the AE series and that they'd cast Tom Hiddleston as Adrien. I am not sure who'd be a good Jake..."

I love Tom Hiddleston. If they do ever do a Professionals movie, I want them to cast Hiddleston as Doyle.

message 7604: by Josh (new)

Josh (JoshLanyon) | 13178 comments mc wrote: "Anne wrote: "And here we have a suggestion for the best way to deal with negative reviews: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-18..."

That's really good, Anne."

Yes, but this presupposes that anyone ignorant and unsophisticated enough not to like OUR work would ever have anything useful or well-written to share. And this simply could never be in a sane universe. Therefore we would be demonstrating our own bad taste in offering false compliments!!!

:-D

message 7605: by Josh (new)

Josh (JoshLanyon) | 13178 comments mc wrote: "Antonella wrote: "Josh posted this. Go and vote!

Fatal Shadows: The Movie

Okay. No. Not yet anyway. But how about Fatal Shadows the winner of the poll for a movie?

Vote here - http://elisa-rolle..."

And, by the way, thank you all for those kind votes!

I think I will put an Adrien movie on my wishlist for the future. Why not, you know? 5 books, 5 made-for-TV movies. I can see that!

message 7606: by Josh (new)

Josh (JoshLanyon) | 13178 comments mc wrote: "Anne wrote: "I just need to say, this is the most awesome group in GR. I love you guys. ((((((((Group Hug))))))))) ."

I just mentioned to Kari that I kind of think of "Josh's place" like a interna..."

It just bothers me that I haven't been able to get our liquor license yet.

message 7607: by Josh (new)

Josh (JoshLanyon) | 13178 comments Antonella wrote: "I suppose that my signature under this petition by change.org goes under ''General News''. The fact that I invite you to sign goes under ''Advertising''? ;-)

Signed.

Hambel | 1052 comments Antonella wrote: "I suppose that my signature under this petition by change.org goes under ''General News''. The fact that I invite you to sign goes under ''Advertising''? ;-)

Thanks, Antonella. I've signed it and shared it on my fb.

message 7609: by Becky (new)

Becky (Fibrobabe) | 1247 comments When I was in high school my dad worked for a Swiss company, so I took German, hoping that I'd get a chance to visit. (Dad traveled to the home office pretty frequently.) When I was in college I took Italian for about 5 minutes, hoping that I would get the chance to travel there. No dice. At this point, I've pinned all my international travel hopes on Canada or the UK.

message 7610: by Anne (new)

Anne | 3408 comments Antonella wrote: "I suppose that my signature under this petition by change.org goes under ''General News''. The fact that I invite you to sign goes under ''Advertising''? ;-)

Just signed it.

message 7611: by Anne (new)

Anne Tenino (annetenino) | 3259 comments Josh wrote: "mc wrote: "Anne wrote: "And here we have a suggestion for the best way to deal with negative reviews: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-18..."

That's really good, Anne."

Yes, but this presupp..."

Hmmmm, a conundrum.

Hambel | 1052 comments Josh wrote: "It just bothers me that I haven't been able to get our liquor license yet. "

I've got connections. For the UK contingent anyway ;-)

Johanna | 6991 comments Josh wrote: "mc wrote: "Anne wrote: "I just need to say, this is the most awesome group in GR. I love you guys. ((((((((Group Hug))))))))) ."

I just mentioned to Kari that I kind of think of "Josh's place" lik..."

Agreed. :) It's comfortable and very homelike in here. Wouldn't mind the liquor license thing though... ;)

message 7614: by Anne (new)

Anne Tenino (annetenino) | 3259 comments The liquor license would be nice, wouldn't it? :-D

message 7615: by L.C. (new)

L.C. (LC_Chase) | 388 comments Anne wrote: "The liquor license would be nice, wouldn't it? :-D"

As long as Josh's Lounge serves root beer I'm happy. ;-)

message 7616: by Anne (new)

Anne Tenino (annetenino) | 3259 comments snerk Josh's Lounge.

Jordan Lombard (JSLombard) | 5112 comments Actually, I prefer Coca Cola bottled in Mexico. It comes in a green glass bottle and is made with real sugar! That's my writer's juice. It's where I get my writing power from. ;-)

message 7618: by Syfy (new)

Syfy (sylvan65) | 124 comments Uhgg, I'm doing it again! Anne called it "lurking", I say "creeper" because it sounds icky and makes me think twice when I do it... oh, anyway, I
I've been reading the posts and enjoying the conversations, would love to try Coca Cola bottled in Mexico but "all in" for the liquor license!

message 7619: by Becky (new)

Becky (Fibrobabe) | 1247 comments If you don't have any little Mexican groceries in your area, check around during Passover. I hear that Coke bottles the cane sugar version then for folks who are keeping Kosher. You'll want to check the label carefully, because they don't change everything, just a small production run.

message 7620: by Syfy (new)

Syfy (sylvan65) | 124 comments Long as it mixes well with the rum!

message 7621: by Anne (new)

Anne Tenino (annetenino) | 3259 comments Syfy wrote: "Uhgg, I'm doing it again! Anne called it "lurking", I say "creeper" because it sounds icky and makes me think twice when I do it... oh, anyway, I
I've been reading the posts and enjoying the conve..."

Creeper definitely sounds ickier. :-)

message 7622: by Anne (new)

Anne Tenino (annetenino) | 3259 comments Becky wrote: "If you don't have any little Mexican groceries in your area, check around during Passover. I hear that Coke bottles the cane sugar version then for folks who are keeping Kosher. You'll want to ch..."

I'll have to try that—for some reason going to a tienda never crossed my mind. We have a restaurant near us that sells Coke in bottles from Mexico.

Jordan Lombard (JSLombard) | 5112 comments Becky wrote: "If you don't have any little Mexican groceries in your area, check around during Passover. I hear that Coke bottles the cane sugar version then for folks who are keeping Kosher. You'll want to ch..."

I've been getting in in the World Food isle in my local grocery store. Though when I went in for some yesterday it looked suspiciously ANCIENT. Covered in dust, faded and scratched label. So I skipped it and went for regular American coke. not as good, but enough to keep me awake for awhile. There's just something about cane sugar in a glass bottle that I love. oh well.

I've also seen Mexican Sprite and Pepsi too.

Jordan Lombard (JSLombard) | 5112 comments Anne wrote: "Becky wrote: "If you don't have any little Mexican groceries in your area, check around during Passover. I hear that Coke bottles the cane sugar version then for folks who are keeping Kosher. You..."

That's cool that you have a restaurant selling it. For some odd reason, I prefer both the Mexican bottled coke and fountain coke on ice much better than anything in a plastic bottle or aluminum can. They both taste so much better.

Jordan Lombard (JSLombard) | 5112 comments Syfy wrote: "Long as it mixes well with the rum!"

not a drinker here, but I'm sure it would mix well with the rum. ;-)

But... but... WHY is the rum gone?

lol, can't help myself. I hear mention of rum and I immediately think Pirates of the Carribean... makes me want to watch that now... *sigh*

Jordan Lombard (JSLombard) | 5112 comments Speaking of Mexican Coca-Cola... Just read on Yahoo! That it's a cult beverage. Kinda funny since we were just talking about it here.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/16-bran... Here's page two of that article which mentions it for those who might care.

Vivian (viv001) | 614 comments I am happy today!

Anderson Cooper came out of the closet! :)

http://andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.c...

Pender | 674 comments Vivian wrote: "I am happy today!

http://andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.c..."

That was a beautifully written letter.

Antonella | 3962 comments Thank you for posting this, dear Vivian!

And yes, the letter is beautiful.

message 7630: by L.C. (new)

L.C. (LC_Chase) | 388 comments Antonella wrote: "Thank you for posting this, dear Vivian!

And yes, the letter is beautiful."

I agree!

Hambel | 1052 comments L.C. wrote: "Antonella wrote: "Thank you for posting this, dear Vivian!

And yes, the letter is beautiful."

I agree!"

Me, too :)

message 7632: by Josh (new)

Josh (JoshLanyon) | 13178 comments L.C. wrote: "Anne wrote: "The liquor license would be nice, wouldn't it? :-D"

As long as Josh's Lounge serves root beer I'm happy. ;-)"

Ah! This requires purchase of a lounge suit!

message 7633: by Josh (new)

Josh (JoshLanyon) | 13178 comments Jordan wrote: "Actually, I prefer Coca Cola bottled in Mexico. It comes in a green glass bottle and is made with real sugar! That's my writer's juice. It's where I get my writing power from. ;-)"

Oh yes!

message 7634: by Josh (new)

Josh (JoshLanyon) | 13178 comments Syfy wrote: "Long as it mixes well with the rum!"

:-D

message 7635: by Josh (new)

Josh (JoshLanyon) | 13178 comments Vivian wrote: "I am happy today!

The entertaining part is that anyone thought he was IN the closet. :-D

Susinok | 3061 comments The entertaining part is that anyone thought he was IN the closet. :-D

Seriously! I didn't think my gaydar was broken...

message 7637: by Becky (new)

Becky (Fibrobabe) | 1247 comments Hi, Josh! How are your wrists doing? Feeling any better?

message 7638: by Vivian (last edited Jul 03, 2012 10:26AM) (new)

Vivian (viv001) | 614 comments Josh wrote: "Vivian wrote: "I am happy today!

The entertaining part is tha..."

Meanie. I know he wasn't but that he sort of came out to the public and said, "Hey, count me in" speaks volumes of how things are evolving in this country.

His was the draftiest closet I knew of. LOL! We all "knew" it was just one of those sotto voce things.

Pender | 674 comments Josh wrote: "L.C. wrote: "Anne wrote: "The liquor license would be nice, wouldn't it? :-D"

As long as Josh's Lounge serves root beer I'm happy. ;-)"

Ah! This requires purchase of a lounge suit!"

And cheesy lounge music. :)

message 7640: by Kari (new)

Kari Gregg (KariGregg) | 1764 comments Josh wrote: "Ah! This requires purchase of a lounge suit!"

Anybody remember Leisure Suit Larry? God, that was a wicked fun game back in the day. :-D

Blaine (BlaineDArden) | 1555 comments Kari wrote: "Josh wrote: "Ah! This requires purchase of a lounge suit!"

Anybody remember Leisure Suit Larry? God, that was a wicked fun game back in the day. :-D"

Oh, yes :) I remember that one. Definitely fun!

Johanna | 6991 comments Pender wrote: "And cheesy lounge music. :)"

I'll bring my Mike Flowers Pops album. :) It doesn't get cheesier than that. ;)

message 7643: by Dev (new)

Dev Bentham | 988 comments Hey All, I have a new profile picture -it's my grandmother's coffee pot - what do you think?

message 7644: by mc (new)

mc | 1411 comments Dev wrote: "Hey All, I have a new profile picture -it's my grandmother's coffee pot - what do you think?"

I LOVE it, Dev.

message 7645: by Becky (new)

Becky (Fibrobabe) | 1247 comments Dev wrote: "Hey All, I have a new profile picture -it's my grandmother's coffee pot - what do you think?"

That's a wild coffee pot. Your grandmother must have been quite a character!

message 7646: by mc (new)

mc | 1411 comments Actually, I think Josh should wear this:

http://www.betabrand.com/blackhorse-r...

Class-ay!

Blaine (BlaineDArden) | 1555 comments Dev wrote: "Hey All, I have a new profile picture -it's my grandmother's coffee pot - what do you think?"

Love it :D

Josephine Myles (josephine_myles) | 26 comments That's one crazy coffee pot, Dev!

Oh, and Pender, my husband has a truly dreadful collection of hammond organ elevator music. It actually does get cheesier than Mike Flowers Pops, unfortunately. I make him listen to it using headphones!

message 7649: by Dev (new)

Dev Bentham | 988 comments Becky wrote: "Dev wrote: "Hey All, I have a new profile picture -it's my grandmother's coffee pot - what do you think?"

That's a wild coffee pot. Your grandmother must have been quite a character!"

She was! She drank exactly 2 Manhattans every evening and smoked a pack of cigarettes and by the time I knew her she wore her wig and lipstick crooked. I ADORED her.

message 7650: by K.Z. (new)

K.Z. Snow (KZSnow) | 1646 comments Dev wrote: "She drank exactly 2 Manhattans every evening and smoked a pack of cigarettes and by the time I knew her she wore her wig and lipstick crooked. I ADORED her."

That is SO my kind of old lady! :-D