Kenyons Minions discussion

Introductions & Administration > Hi my name is... **Introductions**

Comments (showing 1-50 of 1,507) (1507 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 30 31

message 1: by Tara (new)

Tara | 153 comments Just a place so we can meet everyone that is in the group and find out where we all are reading our SK books...

message 2: by Tara (new)

Tara | 153 comments I'll start:

My name is Tara and I read most of my SK in Long Island, NY or Little Rock, AR.

Lacy♪ ♫Movements of a Demigod ♪ ♫ (lb3553) | 9 comments My name is Lacy and I'm from Greenville, SC. Since I have read all my DH books at the moment, I am reading Lover Mine by JR Ward and waiting for No Mercy.

message 4: by Cindyg (new)

Cindyg (BrotherLover) | 243 comments Hi my name is Cindy and I'm from Racine, WI. I too have read all the DH books including anthologies and Infinity. Right now I'm just finishing up Jill Myles Succubus Diaries...really good reads.

message 5: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 11 comments Hi, my name is Stephanie and I'm form Tampa. I'm on book 8 (I think) and loving it. I'm a fan of just about anything PR and love JR Ward, Lara Adrian, Jeannie Frost and Kresley Cole, just to name a few.

message 6: by Jacqueline (last edited Jun 17, 2010 09:47AM) (new)

Jacqueline (blackrose1989) | 261 comments Hi all! My name is Jacqueline, and I'm a die-hard, obsessed-to-the-outer-realms-of-extreme fan of all things Sherrilyn Kenyon! I would spontaneously implode were the DH to cease and desist, the League boys are my LIFE, and who could say no to the LOA men?! I've lived half-a-million random places...(okay, so maybe not quite that extreme in number, LOL)...but my hometown and, for the moment, current residence is Manitou, Kentucky! (Fun fact: Manitou is Native American for "spirit jumper.")

As for my current SK novel- that'd be Fantasy Lover. But only because I'm finishing up the DH series for a reread of quotes for my collection, and then moving on to other SK books for the same reason. (Note: I've read any and all things SK, barring Silent Truth and Whispered Lies, but they're up for a read as soon as I finish my quote-gathering expedition!)

Essentially, reading is my life, my life is reading, and books are essentially my crack!

message 7: by Bethany (new)

Bethany Hi, my name is Beth and I live Southend and Brighton, both in England. I love Sherrilyn Kenyon and all paranormal romance books. I'm re-reading the DH series and am currently reading Seize the Night.

Mersina Stark is a Bookwhoreasaurus (SeenaStarkBookwhoreasaurus) | 8 comments Hi my name is Mersina and I am a read-a-holic

I live on the Gold Coast, Australia where the sun is always shinning and in winter it only get to 15degrees (not sure about the conversion for all the international people)

Some of you might already know me and know i read fast and get so obsessed and involved with the characters that they are real to me and not just fiction.

At times i am not normal (as my husband loves to say) i don't think about what i say and reading is my life.

I have only just read Fantasy Lover and Dragonswan and shall start Night Pleasures in about 30seconds. But if i was to go by what i felt with the first 2 books i am going to be one obsessed monkey with this series.

And just from comments about Legion boys i cant wait to get my hands on them too. Arghhhh why do we need sleep?!?!

message 9: by Tara (new)

Tara | 153 comments Yay Mersina! Welcome!

Mersina Stark is a Bookwhoreasaurus (SeenaStarkBookwhoreasaurus) | 8 comments hahahaha thank you!

message 11: by Cindyg (new)

Cindyg (BrotherLover) | 243 comments You are so going to devour these Mersina...I went throught them so damn fast. I do plan on re-reading them. A friend just started and she's hooked.
I to am obsessed when it comes to reading and the characters become real in my mind...if the books are exceptional I actually dream about the characters...I know it sounds crazy but who said I was normal. Normal is just to damn boring.

Mersina Stark is a Bookwhoreasaurus (SeenaStarkBookwhoreasaurus) | 8 comments Oh dreaming about them is normal :) I do it all the time LoL

message 13: by Cindyg (new)

Cindyg (BrotherLover) | 243 comments What wonderful dreams they are...

message 14: by Tara (new)

Tara | 153 comments I'm thinking of a re-read as well. At least of the ones after Acheron (I'm away from home and won't be back until 2 weeks before the release of No Mercy and I'm good, but there's no way, I'll be able to finish a full re-read in that time!)

Mersina Stark is a Bookwhoreasaurus (SeenaStarkBookwhoreasaurus) | 8 comments Can someone explain where Dark Hunter Christmas should be read? Is it before Kiss the Night???

message 16: by Tara (new)

Tara | 153 comments Right after Dance with the devil... it's one of those that doesn't really effect anything in the main story line...

Mersina Stark is a Bookwhoreasaurus (SeenaStarkBookwhoreasaurus) | 8 comments Thank you :)

On Talon's story. Not enough hours in the day to read!

message 18: by Cindyg (new)

Cindyg (BrotherLover) | 243 comments Talon's is a great read and then comes Zarek another winner.

message 19: by Lbarra (new)

Lbarra | 6 comments Hello. So glad i found this group, I'm a bit of a "book addict" myself. I live in San Antonio, Texas, and have totally been sucked into SK's DH series. I just finished reading the series.

Samantha (Book Lover's Cozy Cafe) (SparklyBluEyes) | 46 comments Hi i'm Samantha I live in Aurora Colorado. I am on book #9 Unleash the night. Love these books, I read a few of these books then go to other books for a bit and then come and read a couple more. It's like savoring the taste, so I don't get bored with the series.

Samantha (Book Lover's Cozy Cafe) (SparklyBluEyes) | 46 comments Mersina wrote: "Thank you :)

On Talon's story. Not enough hours in the day to read!"

I hear that one!

message 22: by Tara (new)

Tara | 153 comments Hello Lenvia & Samantha! Welcome to the group!

message 24: by Jacqueline (new)

Jacqueline (blackrose1989) | 261 comments Yikes! I haven't posted a welcome in forever! Shame on me, LOL...Anywho, welcome all new members! *Tackle hugs each and every one of you!*

message 25: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 11 comments Anyone in the Tampa area?

message 26: by ♋ Carol☯ (last edited Jul 14, 2010 04:40AM) (new)

♋  Carol☯  (Poopsie) | 18 comments Hi All, My Name is Carol & I live in Cold,Wet & Windy - Melbourne Australia. Were experiencing Winter at the moment. I'm new to the group but have been a huge fan of SK's since FL through to Infinity, not to mention The League Series plus BAD, cant wait till no mercy comes out which will be Sept 07 2010. The only book I haven't been able to get is Dragonswan, but this is soon to be released in other worlds, just have to wait a little longer. One of my work colleagues introduced me to SK back in May 2009 & I've been hooked ever since & my husband has been dreading it since, oh well... he has his Xbox I have my books. I find that when I'm in the middle of waiting for new books to be released I just start & re-read from the start. Cant get enough of SK
thanks for listening
Cheers
Carol

message 27: by Cindyg (new)

Cindyg (BrotherLover) | 243 comments Hi Carol

message 28: by Tara (new)

Tara | 153 comments Welcome Carol! I've always wanted to visit Australia!

message 29: by ♋ Carol☯ (new)

♋  Carol☯  (Poopsie) | 18 comments Cindyg wrote: "Hi Carol"
Hi Cindy,
I've sent you a friend request hope you dont mind
Cheers
Carol

message 30: by ♋ Carol☯ (new)

♋  Carol☯  (Poopsie) | 18 comments Tara wrote: "Welcome Carol! I've always wanted to visit Australia!"
Hi Tara, you would love it, its a very nice place
very friendly, what part of Australia are you more interested in, there are so many things you could do & see. It depends on what your into. Sports/nature/ theme parks. hope to talk soon have a great day
Cheers
Carol

message 31: by Cindyg (new)

Cindyg (BrotherLover) | 243 comments Carol...I received your request and look forward to sharing our reading experiences.

message 32: by Jacqueline (new)

Jacqueline (blackrose1989) | 261 comments Hi Carol! It's always good to welcome a fellow fan into our midst! I, too, have been oober obsessed with the series since 2004. Picked up Night Pleasures at the prompting of an awesome book saleslady, and never looked back! (Hehe)

Australia, huh? Neat! I myself am stuck in lil' ol' Kentucky, USA, but alas, it's home and I love it. I have to agree with Tara and say that it would be awesome to visit Australia, no doubt! ... Ooh! Even better!...Can you imagine if a DH novel were set there? Hehe. Now that would be interesting!

message 33: by The Romance Reviews (Carole) (last edited Jul 15, 2010 08:22PM) (new)

The Romance Reviews (Carole) (The_Romance_Reviews) | 9 comments Hi I'm Carole, I've just finished reading In Other Worlds, my first Sherrilyn Kenyon. I love it!!!! I'm now off to glom her other books.

Carole
The Romance Reviews

message 34: by Tara (new)

Tara | 153 comments Carol wrote: "Tara wrote: "Welcome Carol! I've always wanted to visit Australia!"
very friendly, what part of Australia are you more interested in, there are so..."

I have friends that live in Melbourne, Perth & Adelaide, so that's where I would want to go... but if I could I'd also like to cross the country and go to Sydney as well.

message 35: by ♋ Carol☯ (new)

♋  Carol☯  (Poopsie) | 18 comments Jacqueline wrote: "Hi Carol! It's always good to welcome a fellow fan into our midst! I, too, have been oober obsessed with the series since 2004. Picked up Night Pleasures at the prompting of an awesome book salesla...",

Hi Jacqueline, thanks for the warm welcome, funny you should mention it, could you imagine if SK did write about a DH in Australia. I wonder.. only problem with that is Australia is still so young & doesn't have the full history like New Orleans,as SK writes in all of her books. one day I'll get there. I've even been on the website looking for the Cafe Du Monde. thought it was made up, boy was I wrong.. I would love to try some of those famous beignets with a hit of espresso. Just like in night embrace. There is just so much to see, I'll need to drag the husband along just so he can experience it with me.
All the best & hope to chat soon
Cheers
Carol

message 36: by ♋ Carol☯ (new)

♋  Carol☯  (Poopsie) | 18 comments Tara wrote: "Carol wrote: "Tara wrote: "Welcome Carol! I've always wanted to visit Australia!"
very friendly, what part of Australia are you more interested in..."

Hi Tara,that would be a great trip, if you started in Perth & traveled the nullarbor plain through to Adelaide & then to Melbourne & travel up to Sydney, it would take you a good couple of months depending on how long you stayed at each place & what you wanted to see. you could feed the dolphins in Perth, check out some of the Aboriginal cave paintings in Adelaide & go & do heaps of shopping in Melbourne & then take in the sights of Sydney, so much to do & little time to do it in. make sure you come over during Summer, it can get a little warm, but it would be worth it for the swimming & surfing & plenty of eye candy..lol
have a great day & chat soon
Cheers
Carol

message 37: by Cindyg (new)

Cindyg (BrotherLover) | 243 comments Sounds like one hell of a dream trip...I can close my eyes and imagine I'm there.

message 38: by Jacqueline (new)

Jacqueline (blackrose1989) | 261 comments That would be interesting if Sherri created a DH story set in Australia! But, personally, I don't think the fact that the country lacks a long history would be too detrimental to the the hypothetical book. After all, Dark-Hunters are always being imported from other places and locales :).

Oh, me too! I've never had beignets before, and certainly not chicory coffee like Talon - and definitely not together, LOL. But, man, I'd love to be able to do that very thing in New Orleans's Cafe Du Monde!

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (ThePirateWench) | 6 comments Hi Im sandi from Ontario Canada..I have all the Dark Hunter books as well as all her other books under her other names.Night pleasures was my first read..and have collected her books since.I havent bought the campanion book yet..thought Id try to find a group who loves her books as well & read & share with them..so hoping to to so with everyone!

message 40: by Tara (new)

Tara | 153 comments Welcome Sandi!

message 41: by Cindyg (new)

Cindyg (BrotherLover) | 243 comments No Mercy...out in a week...can't fricken wait...
Welcome Sandi...this is the greatest place for Kenyon fans...she is awesome.

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (ThePirateWench) | 6 comments Thank you Cindyg & Tara!

message 43: by Cindyg (new)

Cindyg (BrotherLover) | 243 comments I'm just finishing up Kalayna Price's Haven series and it's been pretty good. I will buy the next one in the series...I'm dying to know what will become of Kita and Nathaniel and their so called, no quite relationship.

message 44: by Jacqueline (new)

Jacqueline (blackrose1989) | 261 comments Hey Cindyg, hon...Just wanted to let you know that, frustratingly enough, No Mercy won't be released until September 7th :(, rather than August 3rd.

I'm not sure if the delay was a result of Sherri or SMP, but either way, it'll no doubt be worth the wait, I think! :)

message 45: by Cindyg (new)

Cindyg (BrotherLover) | 243 comments Thanks Jacqueline...I sadly realized that when I was updating my info on fictfact.com the other day. Damn, I was sooo excited. Oh well, the way the days fly September will be here before we know it.

message 46: by Jacqueline (new)

Jacqueline (blackrose1989) | 261 comments No problem, Cindyg! I know how you feel, though, because for months I've been doing an "OMG-I-Can't-Wait!" count down for No Mercy. Thank GOD it's only been pushed back one month, as apposed to longer! :)

message 47: by Cindyg (new)

Cindyg (BrotherLover) | 243 comments So true...they say good things come to those who wait...so I expect one hell of a read.

message 48: by Jacqueline (new)

Jacqueline (blackrose1989) | 261 comments Hehe, no doubt! I've been waiting forever for Dev's story - can't wait to see him paired with a woman who's definitely his equal in all things!

Hurry up, September 7th! :)

message 49: by Cindyg (new)

Cindyg (BrotherLover) | 243 comments He deserves a great mate.

message 50: by Angela (new)

Angela | 7 comments Hi, I'm Angie from Floyds Knobs,IN.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 30 31

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Acheron (other topics)
Dream Chaser (other topics)
Knight of Darkness (other topics)
A Dark Champion (other topics)
Taming the Scotsman (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Kinley MacGregor (other topics)
Gena Showalter (other topics)