The Bronze Horseman discussion

The Bronze Horseman (IMDb) 2012!

Comments (showing 351-400 of 749) (749 new)    post a comment »

message 351: by Megan (new)

Megan | 409 comments He is hot, but he's got to lose that hideous shaved eyebrow thing he's got going on! I can't take him seriously with that... LOL

message 352: by Sue (new)

Sue Erickson | 110 comments Megan that is a scar in his eyebrow. He had an accident but I can't remember what happened but not something he can control.

message 353: by Sue (new)

Sue Erickson | 110 comments Megan I looked up about his scar. He was attacked and hit in the face with a beer glass. 140 stitches and reconstructive surgery.

message 354: by Megan (new)

Megan | 409 comments Oh - oops! ;) I thought he had separation anxiety with the early 90s!

message 355: by Toni (new)

Toni | 293 comments LOL Megan, that cracked me up! Sue you DO have a thing for Khal Drogo--you have a lot of details on him! He was really good in Game of Thrones. When I read the book I was wondering who in the world could play Drogo. Though I didn't think most of the casting was true to the script (though the script was very close to the book which I loved--very rare in Hollywood )-though I do admit they grew on me and I came to accept them (except Caitlin who was way too hard and bedraggled looking I thought-she wasn't so in the book)Jason Momoa was absolutely perfect as Khal Drogo. It's as if it were written for him. And he did a fab job of it. The scene where he lived his half life - very good performance. All that said....he's no Alexander (in my very humble opinion)- I still am true to Henry 'I'll be too old for this role soon' Cavill! I am going to go against my own inclination and haul myself to Superman (and haul fast being I plan to be first in line even if I have to fight my way there--just joking, but I will be there probably in the first week!)I am so fond of Mr. Cavill I swear I'd see him in a puppet show if he showed up!!

message 356: by Maria (new)

Maria | 2 comments Hey, guys! New in GR.
I love the Bronze Horseman and i can't wait for the movie!
I'm a supporter of Henry Cavill, as Alexander though with the pace this movie production is going i fear too he'll be too old soon to land this role.
Though as i was reading page after page i was daydreaming this man as Alexander-http://www.tumblr.com/photo/1280/8014...- unfortunately he's a model!
My ideal Tatiana would be Gemma Ward without the 10 feet height, so i'll go with Teresa Palmer as the next best thing!

Natalie★for the love of TBH!★ | 41 comments does anybody have ANY news about the movie?

message 358: by Megan (new)

Megan | 409 comments The last I heard it was dumped. I haven't heard otherwise, although I'd love to ;)

message 359: by Maria (new)

Maria | 2 comments Nah, i check PS's pages weekly but so far...nothing. Except that the movie will be made (when and if) with her script but i'm sure you know that already. :)

message 360: by Leea (new)

Leea | 317 comments I don't think it's going to happen... sucks!

message 361: by Viola (new)

Viola | 58 comments Megan wrote: "Ohhhhh - those creme brulee eyes! http://www.imdb.com/media/rm148514534..."

Wow! His eyes ARE perfect here!

message 362: by Megan (new)

Megan | 409 comments Viola - he IS perfect (well he's always been my #1 Alexander) but he's even older than Henry Cavill :(

message 363: by Viola (new)

Viola | 58 comments Megan wrote: "Viola - he IS perfect (well he's always been my #1 Alexander) but he's even older than Henry Cavill :("

Yes, I could really see him as Alexander, especially if he looked a bit scruffy from his tough work as a soldier. :)

Do you watch the show Revenge? The other day, I was thinking that this guy reminds me a bit of an Alexander, except I like him better when he doesn't smile. He is very good-looking when he smiles, but he loses the Alexander look for me there. He has a nice, tall, lean body though that reminds me of Alexander, and I like some of his expressions. He's also really young, I believe, which does work for Alexander's character in The Bronze Horseman.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm141365888...

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm165528832...

message 364: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Guthrie | 4 comments i think matt bomer should be alexander.

http://www.tumblr.com/photo/1280/1245...

message 365: by Leea (last edited Nov 14, 2011 09:40AM) (new)

Leea | 317 comments He's so hot! I just don't know if he's got the height? How tall is Mattie boy? I just always envisioned Henry Cavill, but if they ever make a movie he will be to old by then.

[image error]

message 366: by Kelly (new)

Kelly  | 636 comments Rachel wrote: "i think matt bomer should be alexander.

http://www.tumblr.com/photo/1280/1245..."

love his eyes! Are the creme brule?? I'll have to check again...

message 367: by Kelly (new)

Kelly  | 636 comments No blue but he could wear contacts!

message 368: by Sue (new)

Sue Erickson | 110 comments He is a cutie Rachael!

message 369: by Tina (new)

Tina | 231 comments He could be Alexander...those eyes are perfect...height wise a little short...he is 5'11...Alexander is over 6'...

message 370: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (bkwrm11) | 13 comments We may have a chance for Henry Cavill ladies! Superman goes out 2013 not 2012. Maybe if someone gets the movie rights of TBH right now he could still starr in the movie? Hopefully?

message 371: by Maria (new)

Maria | 1 comments Hey,

I didn't read all the comments now but I have got a little question. (my english is not very good so sorry if there are any mistakes)

I read that The Bronze Horseman is not going to made into a movie in 2012. I was very sad about that and so i started thinking: There are three books about Shura and Tatia not?
1 - The Bronze Horseman,
2 - Tatiana and Alexander
3 - and the third book. I don't know how it's called in english.

I think WHEN the movie comes out 2012 or whenever there will be the story of all three books in ONE movie. I can not imagine how long should that movie be to explain all the story of that three books.

I notices that in movies like Memoirs of a Geisha or Harry Potter, the story is quite shorter than in the book, not that emotional and a bit confusing because they cut out important things. So i'm a bit suspicious if the movie will be as wonderful as the three books. Or will they make all three books in three movies?

message 372: by Megan (new)

Megan | 409 comments Well I assumed that the movie would be based on the first book and if it was a success, they'd pick up the others (like they did with Twilight) but now it's been dropped, I don't think it will happen... I think the genre is probably not what the industry is looking for at the moment. War stories have been done to death and it seems fantasy/paranormal stories seem to be the rage at the moment. Which is why I can't understand why they're dragging their heels it Outlander, The Bronze Horseman doesn't have the following of Outlander and Outlander seems more in tune with what Hollywood is looking for at the moment. It's got me stumped, especially when they decide to make "What to expect when you're expecting" into a bloody movie?!

message 373: by Toni (new)

Toni | 293 comments I know Megan HOW can they make that into a movie? did they have to buy the rights of the book to make a movie about having a baby? WTEWYE is a informational book. there's not even a hint of a story. Soo weird.

I tell you in this movie environment I'd be afraid they'd make TBH into a 3D movie!

message 374: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine (enchantingdragon) | 8 comments Oooh Matt Boomer he is the first person that has come close to the Shura in my mind! I love White Collar and cant wait for it come back in January so maybe its on my mind and thats why it works.

message 375: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (Sweetredhead) | 18 comments I just got done watching Loves Enduring Promise & Loves Long Journey (made for tv movies you can find on youtube) and the actor Logan Bartholomew would make a good Alexander. He is a fairly young actor but he would need contact since his eyes are blue.

message 376: by Megan (new)

Megan | 409 comments I've suggested this before and didn't get much support, but as time goes on, Zac Efron is looking less boy-like and more like a man and TBH STILL hasn't been made into a movie... What do people think about Zac Efron?? I know he's young, but hey, so was Alexander at the beginning of TBH. I still can't believe that after what, 12 years since publication, this still hasn't been made into a movie - when I first read it, my perfect Alexander was Ben Affleck, well the sun set on that casting long ago, and sadly Henry Cavill is getting too old now too. Soon Zac Efron will be too old :(

message 377: by Mallory (new)

Mallory (malloryo85) | 2 comments I think Henry Cavill would be PERFECT for Alexander! He makes me swoon, haha! As for Tatiana, that's a tough one. I honestly don't know if I will think anyone is good enough to play her. She should probably be an unknown.

message 378: by Leea (new)

Leea | 317 comments Here are a few ideas for Tatiana:

My friend in another group posted, Saoirse Ronan

Henry Cavill will always be my Alexander, although when/if they finally make this movie HC might be too old to play him. So sad!

[image error]

[image error]

[image error]

message 379: by Sue (new)

Sue Erickson | 110 comments I hate Henry with that beard. I'm watching the Tudors and where we are at in the story he has that and it's so scruffy! So much better without.

message 380: by Leea (new)

Leea | 317 comments I love him with the beard, haha! (view spoiler)

Normally I'm not a fan of facial hair but he looks hot in anything.

message 381: by Megan (new)

Megan | 409 comments Oh I love facial hair - Alexander went through scruffy phases, especially when he was on the front line, and in The Bridge to Holy Cross. I do think Henry Cavill is one of those men who look better clean cut, but I still wouldn't kick him out of bed if he farted ;)

message 382: by Sue (new)

Sue Erickson | 110 comments Funny what you can get away with if your cute!!!

message 383: by Kelly (new)

Kelly  | 636 comments I love the scruff too and imagine he had it often in T&A with long bouts of no shaving!

message 384: by Kris (new)

Kris | 1 comments I vote for Melanie Laurent as Tatia.

message 385: by [deleted user] (new)

Sue wrote: "Funny what you can get away with if your cute!!!"

Haha, too true!

message 386: by Annie (new)

Annie | 15 comments Sorry guys but if Zac Efron plays Alexander I don't think i'll even see the movie . . For Alexander I would prefer Henry Cavill or Robert Pattinson . . And for Tatiana I would say . .. maybe Felicity Jones??

message 387: by Annie (new)

Annie | 15 comments They should definitely make 3 movies!!!!

message 388: by Kelly (new)

Kelly  | 636 comments Annie wrote: "Sorry guys but if Zac Efron plays Alexander I don't think i'll even see the movie . . For Alexander I would prefer Henry Cavill or Robert Pattinson . . And for Tatiana I would say . .. maybe Felici..."

I LOVE Felicity Jones but not sure if I see her as at Tatia maybe a Claire??? The hair gets me. Just not a Tatiana

Felicity Jones Pictures, Images and Photos

message 389: by Kelly (new)

Kelly  | 636 comments Her face is brilliant, can't picture her with the right hair color. If it was curly I can see her as Claire (outlander)

message 390: by Annie (new)

Annie | 15 comments Hmm . . what about Karynn Moore then??

message 391: by Annie (new)

Annie | 15 comments As an appearance i would say Kristen Stewart but i don't think she could capture Tatia's character . . .

message 392: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (Sweetredhead) | 18 comments Annie wrote: "Sorry guys but if Zac Efron plays Alexander I don't think i'll even see the movie . . For Alexander I would prefer Henry Cavill or Robert Pattinson . . And for Tatiana I would say . .. maybe Felici..." no way to Robert Pattinson! I'm sorry to those that like him but he not only doesn't do it for me he makes me not like the movies he is in such as Water for Elephants. He seems so wimpy and just unkempt. Totally opposite of Alexander. I do like Felicity though

message 393: by Megan (new)

Megan | 409 comments I have really gone off Robert Pattinson - I don't find him at all attractive. Actually, I lie - he has (or shall I say HAD) great hair, it is his redeeming feature, and now he's gone and shaved it off! It just highlights how unattractive his face actually is!!! I can't believe he pipped Henry Cavill to the post not only as Edward Cullen but as Cedric Diggory. There is absolutely no comparison in looks, Henry Cavill is HANDSOME, with or without hair, whereas Robert Pattinson is very very average and Alexander could never be described as average, and Henry Cavill is cut, whereas Robert Pattinson's body looks under-nourished and pasty white. Yuck! Not to mention, that I think Robert Pattinson's acting in Twilight in particular was atrocious. That scene in the car after he stalked Bella?! Oh it's laughable!

message 394: by Annie (new)

Annie | 15 comments Megan wrote: "I have really gone off Robert Pattinson - I don't find him at all attractive. Actually, I lie - he has (or shall I say HAD) great hair, it is his redeeming feature, and now he's gone and shaved it ..." Well I personally think that he can bring emotions. . like he did in Breaking Dawn for example. . but I like Hanry Cavill too anyway so I'd love to see him as Alexander! Just . . we're not only want someone that's beautiful ..we need someone that can bring Alexander to life and do it right! so we need a good actor . . And Efron . ? yeah that's all he can do . . play the handsome and popular guy at school!

message 395: by Milena (new)

Milena (love_tea78) | 136 comments I like Robert Pattinson, but I don't see him as Alexander because in my mind he will be always associated with Edward. Same thing about Kristen Stewart, she cannot be Tatiana, because she is Bella, not to mention she doesn't look anything like Tatiana.
Henry Cavill would be great Alexander, he is gorgeous, manly and smoldering!

message 396: by [deleted user] (new)

Seeing Felicity Jones in that picture, makes me think she would make a good Tatiana. I think it must be the big eyes and simplicity.

Definitely no to Pattinson. I think it's hilarious that in my other favourite book (Fifty Shades of Grey) with a similar hero to Alexander, (that may be turning into a movie) they want to use Cavill for the hero. Obviously not enough hot, intimidating actors to go around. Tehehe

message 397: by Sue (new)

Sue Erickson | 110 comments Love Fifty! New book comes out tomorrow I believe.

message 398: by Annie (new)

Annie | 15 comments Yeah !! Fifty Shades is considered to become a movie!! how awesome is that!!!??! And yes there's a third book and i already bought it!!! :P As for Shura . .well yeah! I believe that only Cavill would be the best for this role!!! But i think it will be really hard for them to find a Tatia!

message 399: by Megan (new)

Megan | 409 comments Oooh, oooh, oooh, what is this? A book being made into a movie where the character is similar to Alexander?! Right, I'm onto it! hehe

message 400: by Leea (new)

Leea | 317 comments Uhhh, Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1) by E.L. James and Fifty Shades Darker (Fifty Shades, #2) by E.L. James they are more Erotic Romance. Not much like Alexander and Tatiana IMO!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

One for the Money (other topics)
Fifty Shades Darker (other topics)
Fifty Shades of Grey (other topics)
Fifty Shades Freed (other topics)
Outlander (other topics)
More...