The Bronze Horseman discussion

The Bronze Horseman (IMDb) 2012!

Comments (showing 301-350 of 749) (749 new)    post a comment »

message 301: by [deleted user] (new)

what about DANILA KOZLOVSKY as alexander???

http://kan9-204.narod.ru/photo15.jpg

message 302: by Megan (new)

Megan | 409 comments Ok well I've always considered Zachary Levi to be MY perfect Alexander (eyes, height, teeth, coloring) I just read this - http://perezhilton.com/2011-05-13-nbc... - looks like Zachary Levi won't have any Chuck commitments in 2012... How do people feel about him, especially considering Henry Cavill is signed up for Superman next year?!

message 303: by Megan (new)

Megan | 409 comments Ohhhhh - those creme brulee eyes! http://www.imdb.com/media/rm148514534...

Hildy (The Book Boss) (hildygirl) Megan wrote: "Ohhhhh - those creme brulee eyes! http://www.imdb.com/media/rm148514534..."

Well, he IS very handsome and has nice eyes. I'm not that familiar with him though. Is he a good actor. I've always had my heart set on Henry Cavill but I'm not sure it's going to work out with him being Superman now. :(

message 305: by Megan (new)

Megan | 409 comments Yeah, well with Henry Cavill scheduled to star as Superman, I'm assuming such a big budget film and the fact that he's the main character, he'll be committed for longer than we'd hope, particularly for re-shoots etc - and if that's coming out in December 2012, and TBH is pencilled in for 2012 too, well it doesn't leave much room... I love Zachary Levi, I've seen Chuck a few times and I know it's comedy but it's drama/comedy - I've always pictured him as Alexander but some don't agree, but to be honest, at this stage, I'd take anybody right now - seriously, when is this movie going to get made?!

message 306: by Kelly (new)

Kelly  | 636 comments Megan wrote: "Ohhhhh - those creme brulee eyes! http://www.imdb.com/media/rm148514534..."

He is good but looks to sweet. For me Alexander must have an edge a hardness to him. Even early in TBH he has this. His parents move to Russia he is disillusioned at his young age!

message 307: by Kelly (new)

Kelly  | 636 comments Megan wrote: "Ok well I've always considered Zachary Levi to be MY perfect Alexander (eyes, height, teeth, coloring) I just read this - http://perezhilton.com/2011-05-13-nbc... ..."

Okay the first picture I didn't think worked but with the scruff!!! YES YES YES!!!!!

message 308: by Megan (new)

Megan | 409 comments Yeah Kelly I'm a fan of the scruff too, and he does like to get rugged! To me he's got an Italian/American look about him, he's 6ft4 and has Alexanders eyes!

message 309: by Tina (new)

Tina | 231 comments Love the scruff look too. He's 6'4? Wow..now that's Alexander...but...*sigh*....still can't get Henry out of my head...Darn Superman!!!

Hildy (The Book Boss) (hildygirl) I agree Tina, Darn Superman!!! lol. If only TBH movie had been finished before Superman, all would be perfect

message 311: by Tina (new)

Tina | 231 comments Peg wrote: "I agree Tina, Darn Superman!!! lol. If only TBH movie had been finished before Superman, all would be perfect"

:)

message 312: by Megan (new)

Megan | 409 comments Whoop! Has anyone seen Paullina Simons status update about a new website with MOVIE news?! Exciting!

message 313: by Chrissy12 (new)

Chrissy12 (chrissy_12) | 86 comments I just saw it, sooo excited!!!!!!!!!!

Hildy (The Book Boss) (hildygirl) Oh yay! I just checked it out.

message 315: by Leea (new)

Leea | 317 comments I looked but found nothing. ha! Post the link please :)

message 317: by Tina (new)

Tina | 231 comments Megan wrote: "Whoop! Has anyone seen Paullina Simons status update about a new website with MOVIE news?! Exciting!"

Can't Wait!!!

message 318: by Leea (new)

Leea | 317 comments Oh I looked on her current website that's so outdated did not check facebook. Thanks Megan!

message 319: by Chrissy12 (new)

Chrissy12 (chrissy_12) | 86 comments According to Paullina, it is suppose to be up this weekend! So excited :D

message 320: by Toni (new)

Toni | 293 comments Fingers crossed the site says that they signed Henry Cavill. I wish they would have approached him with this before Superman. Superman has little chance of being amazing but TBH has all the potential in the world. His career could be amazing after a movie like TBH, but Superman is so iffy, he could be typecast for life.
Sounds like I'm applying to be his manager! LOL
I'm desperate to see TBH on film but if it's not the right Alexander it will be unwatchable for me. I hope they sign him but if not him someone who will completely embody Shura. Strong, tall, gorgeous, but with a nuanced tenderness and yes...creme brulee eyes!!!!! sigh..sigh..sigh..

message 321: by Milena (new)

Milena (love_tea78) | 135 comments Toni, on what site did you see that they signed Henry Cavill? I haven't seen it yet. That would be so great!!!

message 322: by Chrissy12 (last edited May 21, 2011 08:29AM) (new)

Chrissy12 (chrissy_12) | 86 comments The new site is up!! I am checking it out, I am soo excited!!

message 323: by Chrissy12 (new)

Chrissy12 (chrissy_12) | 86 comments After 17 years together, HarperCollins Publishers and Paullina Simons are pleased to announce that HarperCollins has bought world rights to four books from Paullina Simons directly from the author. Katie Espiner, who signed the deal which included e-book rights, said: “Ever since we first published Paullina’s debut novel, Tully, we have known what a truly outstanding author we have in Paullina. Her phenomenal success in Australia and New Zealand, where her books sell to hundreds of thousands of devoted fans, show that she is an author with massive global and digital appeal. We are thrilled to be continuing our long-standing relationship with Paullina and delighted to be able to bring her books to a new audience around the world.”
http://paullinasimons.com/2011/05/har...

message 324: by Chrissy12 (new)

Chrissy12 (chrissy_12) | 86 comments Photo's of Fifth Soviet set from Paullina, they are amazing!
http://paullinasimons.com/books/the-b...

message 325: by Chrissy12 (new)

Chrissy12 (chrissy_12) | 86 comments Paullina has also joined Goodreads with us!!!
http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/53...

message 326: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 5 comments I found some random, wikipedia powered, site that had "The Bronze Horseman" under Mr. Cavill's filmography. It's probably updated by fans but it made me happy just to read it. :)

message 327: by Megan (new)

Megan | 409 comments Chrissy - I looked at the new site and whilst the outlay is different, I couldn't find any breathtaking new announcements - certainly nothing to make me excited. I'll check out the photos from the fifth soviet appartment, but didn't she already have a heap on her other website?

message 328: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Yeah I couldn't find anything either - she said a new book was being announced but I couldn't find anything about this?? Nor about the movie... I'm excited about the e-books though!

Hildy (The Book Boss) (hildygirl) Jessica wrote: "Yeah I couldn't find anything either - she said a new book was being announced but I couldn't find anything about this?? Nor about the movie... I'm excited about the e-books though!"

One day on FB Paullina briefly mentioned that she was going to write a book about Alexander's parents. I'm not sure if that will be her next book or not. I will definitely read it.

message 330: by Toni (new)

Toni | 293 comments Milena wrote: "Toni, on what site did you see that they signed Henry Cavill? I haven't seen it yet. That would be so great!!!"

Milena-SOOO sorry, I actually wrote 'fingers crossed that the site says Henry Cavill is signed'. I should have made myself more clear. I can see it got you as excited as I would have been. Believe me if it said for certain that HC was signed I would be writing it over and over in big block letters--that would be sooo exciting!!! I do hope they sign him, that would make it perfect! He IS Alexander in my book (yours too I see :) ). Sorry though for inadvertently sending out an unclear message. Let's hope that it is a foreshadowing of the future though!!!

message 331: by Chrissy12 (new)

Chrissy12 (chrissy_12) | 86 comments Hmm maybe I didn't check out her last site thoroughly enough.
But at least Paullina is confirming that the movie is going to happen, even though their isn't a particular date, sometime in the future we will see The Bronze Horseman trailer in the previews and eventually be able to sit and enjoy it on the big screen... hopefully looking at Henry Cavill of course :P

message 332: by Kelly (new)

Kelly  | 636 comments Peg wrote: "Jessica wrote: "Yeah I couldn't find anything either - she said a new book was being announced but I couldn't find anything about this?? Nor about the movie... I'm excited about the e-books though!..."

That doesn't excited me I will read it but I think it may be tragic considering what we know of them already. His Mom story broke me with her drinking!!!

message 333: by Kelly (new)

Kelly  | 636 comments Megan wrote: "Chrissy - I looked at the new site and whilst the outlay is different, I couldn't find any breathtaking new announcements - certainly nothing to make me excited. I'll check out the photos from the ..."

Megan I agree other than the book deal nothing so new and exciting!

message 334: by Toni (new)

Toni | 293 comments Too bad, I think we were all holding our breath to hear some REAL news on the movie. I can't imagine what is holding it up? I can think of a million reasons that any producer/director would want to do this movie and zero why they wouldn't...go figure????
The day they DO announce something though I think this thread/site will crash with our collective excitement!!! (esp IF they sign HC!!!!)

message 335: by Megan (new)

Megan | 409 comments Aaah, ladies - I found THE perfect Alexander, better than Henry Cavill, better than any other suggestion (yes, even better than my beloved Zachary Levi!) BUT only if TBH were actually filmed in real time! Gregory Peck!!! I watched To Kill A Mockingbird last night. Aaaah Mr Peck! I wonder if Paullina Simons had him in her mind when she wrote TBH? He was swoon-worthy in his day I must say ;)

message 336: by Chrissy12 (new)

Chrissy12 (chrissy_12) | 86 comments The 'swoon-worthy' look back then is like impossible to find now. Why can't all men look like that now!! I definitely see where you are coming from Megan... but unfortunately there is no such thing today :(
Although Henry does show some classic handsomeness ;)

message 337: by Kelly (new)

Kelly  | 636 comments Megan wrote: "Aaah, ladies - I found THE perfect Alexander, better than Henry Cavill, better than any other suggestion (yes, even better than my beloved Zachary Levi!) BUT only if TBH were actually filmed in rea..."

Love that book, and the movie too!

message 338: by Toni (new)

Toni | 293 comments You are soo right Megan. The don't make them like that anymore! Though I have to agree with Chrissy, Henry Cavill does a fine job of keeping the present generation aloft with those classic good looks.

message 339: by Tina (new)

Tina | 231 comments Paullina Simons has just announced that TBH movie will not happen. She has a long explanation on her website. I am sorry that it isn't happening but it is definately for the right reasons!!!!

message 340: by Toni (new)

Toni | 293 comments Thanks for the input Tina. I am soo sad to hear that but if you say it is for the right reasons it gives me less stress until I can get to her sight and check it out. I am soo bummed that there is no movie. The longer it waits the older Henry C will be, and if he is not Alexander I don't know if I could watch it. I'm hopping over to her page now.....biting my nails as I type....

message 341: by Megan (new)

Megan | 409 comments I just read it :( Just proves what I always thought of Andy Tennant - go and stick to movies like "The Bounty Hunter" Pfff! Hmm, maybe those responsible for the Twilight saga might be interested when that ends... What's wrong with these movie-makers? Can't they see that building a movie based on the foundation of a much loved book is almost guaranteed success? They've already got a dedicated cult following!

message 342: by Toni (new)

Toni | 293 comments Amen to that Megan!

message 343: by Chrissy12 (last edited Jun 17, 2011 01:19AM) (new)

Chrissy12 (chrissy_12) | 86 comments OMG!!! That just made my heart drop... I can not believe Andy and Ross :(
But at least Paullina hasn't given up hope for the movie, she still has her script... So we will find the RIGHT production staff... the BETTER staff willing to portray this magnificent book into a real life picture, that we have all been dreaming about ever since we read the 1st page!

message 344: by Toni (new)

Toni | 293 comments When I heard Andy was doing it frankly I was terrified. His track record does not lend itself to the kind of movie TBH needs to be. I was afraid he'd turn it into one of his rom-coms and that would be UNTHINKABLE!! Who is this Ross that everyone is speaking of? I saw on PS site she talked about Ross's script but I don't know who that is. And why in the world would Andy by Paullina's script based on HER words and then make someone else write a script the novel writer was willing to do number one. Secondly, I can only imagine how off the screenplay must have been (Ross's) if Paullina thought it was so wrong for the movie. We have to thank our lucky stars (and PS!) that she isn't a sell out just in it for the money like a lot of other writers. She is an artist who CARES about her work and I not only commend her for it but I thank goodness for it. If it is not of the same vision of the book I Don't want to see it. Only one problem to t his whole deal....we don't want Henry C too be too old to play Alexander. That would be a travesty!!!!!! Paullina's script plus Henry Cavill==The MOST amazing movie I could imagine...

message 345: by Megan (last edited Jun 18, 2011 01:37AM) (new)

Megan | 409 comments Toni, I agree, my respect for Paullina Simons has gone up tenfold this week, even though I'm bitterly disappointed by the outcome (but on the other hand, I'm worried about Outlander given DG has thrown her hands in the air and wants nothing to do with a movie adaptation - who will be there to guarantee they don't butcher that?!) I too didn't have much faith in Andy Tennant, and sadly I think if he did direct it, it would've been a direct to DVD movie... What are people's thoughts on a mini-series? Now with news on the prequel, perhaps that might be threaded into the story? I do love how TBH starts though, and without reading the new book about Alexander's parents, I can't say whether I'd want this incorporated into a movie version or not until I've read it...

I have one teeny-tiny concern about this new novel - seeing Alexander in the perspective of a child, is he going to lose his main man appeal and become another Anthony? Flashbacks are ok, but I don't want to picture Alexander as a cub scout!!

message 346: by Toni (new)

Toni | 293 comments I agree with you Megan. Leave Alexander EXACTLY as he is...perfect! I love the first moment of Alexander being him standing across the street from Tatiana watching her eat ice cream....(sigh as I remember it all!!)

I guess if they use him sparingly as a little guy I will have more of a resigned acceptance, but any more than that and I think I'll have to read all of the posts written on it before I dive in. I also couldnt imagine Alexander as a young man, going to see his father in the prison and all the rest. If Paullina throws out her old magic it might be great. I'd hate to judge too early, but I do have my own concerns. Then again I'm honestly not too hot on this book myself. Same thought-if the posts say its great I will of course read it but I on first thought am not too excited about it. I've said it before....I'd waaayyy rather read about Brain and Ellen. (Not that Paullina has much to say about that!!!!)

As far as an Outlander movie goes I have no idea about what's up with that. Do you know who's doing it? I just can't imagine them doing a movie on it. How can they properly do the Jack Randall liason with Jamie? If it's not as graphic as the book it wont have impact. But they can't do that in the movies. I'm not talking about the physical stuff as much as the mental stuff that went along. The stuff that killed Jamie just about. I mean that is some serious mental pilfering!!!! I just can't imagine that serious subject matter getting made into a movie with the effect it needs to have. Plus I cannot imagine a Jamie. MY Jamie is sooo perfect but I've never seen a tangible Jamie or anyone close and he, like Alexander, has to be perfect. Thank goodness for Alexander we have Henry Cavill. If he's not too old by the time it is made. I pray not!!!!!!!!!!!

message 347: by Chrissy12 (new)

Chrissy12 (chrissy_12) | 86 comments I watched Tudors for the 1st time the other night and all I kept thinking of was Alexander in every scene that Henry Cavill is in, he is just perfect in my books for the role!
As you said Toni, I too hope that he won't be too old by the time the movie comes around.

message 348: by Megan (new)

Megan | 409 comments Oh I'm irate!!!!! I just read that they're making a movie adaptation of "What to expect when you're expecting" How can a *&%^&* pregnancy manual get made into a movie yet a story as magnificent as TBH not?? Hollywood's gone mad!

message 349: by Toni (new)

Toni | 293 comments Megan wrote: "Oh I'm irate!!!!! I just read that they're making a movie adaptation of "What to expect when you're expecting" How can a *&%^&* pregnancy manual get made into a movie yet a story as magnificent as ..."

that might possibly be the WEIRDEST movie idea of all time. I'm sure all of us mother's read this bible for pregnancy..does anyone have any bloody idea what the plot would even be about (pregnancy of course, but what else???? not much intrigue or love story or anything that I saw....???). You are so right Megan. Seems Hollywood will make ANYTHING into a movie and yet they leave the greatest books untouched. It's beyond insane, it's frankly bizarre. Well, I think I can safely say I'll be saving 10bucks on NOT seeing that movie, as I patiently (Impatiently!!) await Henry Cavill as Alexander Barrington on the big screen. I don't know if it will happen but it is on my wish list...at the very top!!!

message 350: by Sue (new)

Sue Erickson | 110 comments I went to see Conan today. I still think Jason Mamoa would make a great Alexander. Killer smile and has a warrior look. And arms to die for!!! Saw him for the first time in The Game of Thrones. And he's not all that well known.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

One for the Money (other topics)
Fifty Shades Darker (other topics)
Fifty Shades of Grey (other topics)
Fifty Shades Freed (other topics)
Outlander (other topics)
More...