The Bronze Horseman discussion

The Bronze Horseman (IMDb) 2012!

Comments (showing 501-550 of 749) (749 new)    post a comment »

message 501: by Tennille (new)

Tennille | 53 comments needs to be strappy though ;)

message 502: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (cathycakes) I still think Henry Cavill can be Alexander. They just need a bit of make up and he'll be fine. And for alot of the book he has beard/stuble so you wouldn't really be able to tell. I've always seen Alexander as looking older and more mature anyway.

message 503: by Leea (new)

Leea | 317 comments I always pictured Alexander with a hard edged look, his life has not been easy and for me he does wear that on his face. Henry Cavill is who i've always pictured at Shura. Not that there isn't another actor out there that can fill the roll.

message 504: by Tennille (new)

Tennille | 53 comments I have never been sure of Henry cavil although I did like him in the immortals

message 505: by Britnie (new)

Britnie | 10 comments Yeah it does need to be strappy, and she needs red sandals ;)

Henry is who I pictured while reading too. But whoever it is if/when the movie does get made I just hope they don't get some teenage pretty boy. I want someone who actually looks like a MAN, please lol.

message 506: by Tennille (new)

Tennille | 53 comments agreed lol

message 507: by Kelly (last edited Mar 02, 2012 07:48AM) (new)

Kelly  | 636 comments Britnie wrote: "Yeah it does need to be strappy, and she needs red sandals ;)

Henry is who I pictured while reading too. But whoever it is if/when the movie does get made I just hope they don't get some teenage..."

yes!!! A former colleague and I use to always play a little game boy/man boy/man!! It makes such a difference... Like Andy Garcia MAN!! That was favorite! This was 10 years ago mind you!

SHURA MAN!!!! AMAZING MAN!!!!

message 508: by Jeree (new)

Jeree | 2 comments I think AnnSophia Robb would be a great Tatiana!!

message 509: by Leea (new)

Leea | 317 comments [image error]

Yeah, she's beautiful.

message 510: by [deleted user] (new)

Yay! We've found Tatiana!

message 511: by Chrissy12 (new)

Chrissy12 (chrissy_12) | 86 comments Yay!! Happy to hear that you ladies approve!!
Maybe by the time the movie or tv series begins she will be a refined actress perfect for the role of Tatiana :)

message 512: by Kelly (last edited Mar 03, 2012 04:48PM) (new)

Kelly  | 636 comments We should all send a letter with a copy of TBH! Maybe she knows someone!!! Possibly get a movie or series made!

message 513: by KareB (new)

KareB (Kare2you) | 10 comments I agree that AnnaSophia is perfect for Tatiana..but I also ran across Gemma Ward on Pinterest. I think she'd be a good runner-up if AnnaSophia couldn't do it. AND just for the record, I'm still voting for Ian Somerhalder for Alexander ;) LOL.

message 514: by Tennille (new)

Tennille | 53 comments She is from the bridge to terrabitah or however you spell it lol

message 515: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (Sweetredhead) | 18 comments Anna Sophia Robb was also the girl in Soul Surfer and she did an excellent job playing that role. She is going to be playing Carrie in the prequell of Sex in the City. So, I don't know if she will have time for a TBH series but we can hope. She just turned 18 this past Dec. I think she would be perfect for Tatiana!

message 516: by Chrissy12 (new)

Chrissy12 (chrissy_12) | 86 comments Ryan Guzman is 25 and has only done the Step up 4 movie and I think he is a model... but he has some 'Alexander' there especially the light eyes ;-)
What do you ladies think?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

message 517: by Leea (new)

Leea | 317 comments Those eyes and that jaw line... he would work.

message 518: by Sue (new)

Sue Erickson | 110 comments He is handsome. He sure would fit the bill!!

message 519: by Britnie (new)

Britnie | 10 comments Yum! I love this tread...lol

message 520: by [deleted user] (new)

I prefer more edge. Maybe if he was scowling... =P

message 521: by Milena (new)

Milena (love_tea78) | 135 comments Rena, I agree :)

message 522: by Sue (new)

Sue Erickson | 110 comments I like the idea he is pretty much an unknown actor. I'd like him to be just Alexander, and not to see him in past roles also.

message 523: by Megan (new)

Megan | 409 comments He fits the bill - he looks like a baby to me, but I am in my mid 30s so whoever does play Alexander SHOULD look like a baby to me. Sadly Ben Affleck is waaaay too old to play Alexander (he's the actor I imagined when I first read TBH)... I'm not sold on his mouth though, I can't see a cigarette dangling from those lips. But everything else seems to work. Is he tall??

message 524: by [deleted user] (new)

I always picture Channing Tatum as Alexander.

message 525: by Leea (new)

Leea | 317 comments I think he's very attractive but not the acting chops needed for the roll.

message 526: by [deleted user] (new)

I totally understand what you're saying Sue! I hate it when you can't enjoy a show because you just associate the actor with another character. For instance, "Oh, George of the Jungle is descending into a volcano". (Journey to the Centre of the Earth)

message 527: by Sue (new)

Sue Erickson | 110 comments Funny you should use that as an example Rena. First time I saw Brendon Fraser in a movie it was called "School Ties". I love that movie. Then when I saw him doing comedy I just hated it. Unknown would be better.

message 528: by [deleted user] (new)

Haha, that's weird.

message 529: by Chrissy12 (new)

Chrissy12 (chrissy_12) | 86 comments I completely understand even though it will be pretty hard to find someone who is unknown AND who has the acting skills for the position. We may need to choose one or the other...
But we can still hope and dream that our Alexander and Tatiana are out there somewhere just waiting to be found and blow our minds with their incredible performance :-) Maybe Paullina has already found them!!

message 530: by [deleted user] (new)

I hardly watch any film (I stick to books mainly!) so finding an unknown actor is pretty easy for me.

message 531: by Chrissy12 (new)

Chrissy12 (chrissy_12) | 86 comments I agree Rena! sometimes our imagination works best when reading a good book like The BronzeHorseman, which is why a part find doesn't want the movie just in case it spoils the whole effect of this true love story.
So I have my fingers crossed they can find the perfect candidates for the whole cast as we imagine them!!

message 532: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm actually not expecting much of the movie, to be honest. I've never had an agreeable book-turned-movie success. I'd be a little scared to go see it, just in case I have the images forever burned onto my mind, and thereby lessening my crazy love for the book.

message 533: by Victoria (new)

Victoria | 1 comments The movie isn't correct her and the actor Andy something disagreed on scripts. She's looking for someone else

message 534: by Chrissy12 (new)

Chrissy12 (chrissy_12) | 86 comments Rena, the only movies that I can say turned out better than the books would be "The Notebook" & "A Walk to Remember" which is why I want to see "The Lucky One" and see if that one beats the book too.
But considering those books are so much more simpler than The Bronze Horseman I highly doubt the same thing will happen. So then Rena are you against a BBC series too?

message 535: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh, I'm not against anything really. I'm just a little wary. And now that you mention BBC, I remember that they often do quite well with book-to-movie adaptions. For instance, I absolutely LOVE their Sherlock.

message 536: by Chrissy12 (new)

Chrissy12 (chrissy_12) | 86 comments Sorry I didn't mean for it to come out harsh, if it did I apologise Rena. I was just curious on your opinion of a movie or BBC series. As I am still personally unsure. All I know is that I want to see a real-life capture of The Bronze Horseman, even if it is just a poster, I just want to visually see what Paullina has created for us. Then of course see if it is the same as my own imagination ;)
I haven't watched the Sherlock series, but I have heard some good reviews of it.
Well I reckon if it does come down to a tv series it needs to be somewhere along the lines of a 10-part mini-series like 'The Pacific' with of course the romance included.
Can anyone think of a compilation of shows that could describe or create the same emotions as The Bronze Horseman?

message 537: by [deleted user] (new)

Even if it's just a poster! Hahaha, I like that. I know what you mean! And no, I'm not offended at all, Chrissy.

I don't think there's anything that ever was, is, or will match up to the emotional intensity of TBH. But then, I'm a die hard fan. =D

message 538: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (Sweetredhead) | 18 comments I think of the great mini series Band of Brothers. I can still watch that whole series and get a lump in my throat each time. It pulls you in so well. Also, if you have ever seen the Masterpiece Classic Bleak House that was done a few years ago on PBS you can see how well a book can be translated and well acted in a series. I continue to stand by my thought that there is no way to do TBH as a movie without making you hate the characters. Alexander would be a womanizer, Tatiana would be a shallow girl and her sister would be hateable. You can't develop their characters and show all the action in 2 hours.

message 539: by Megan (new)

Megan | 409 comments I agree that a series is the way to go. I don't think TBH has got the depth of fanbase that series such as Outlander has to guarantee a box office success, and I agree that you couldn't do it justice in a couple of hours.

Since Paullina Simons' announcement of the prequel, I would actually like to see this introduced into the movie (whether it's threaded through TBH series through extended flashbacks - ie running parallel so one week TBH, one week Children of Liberty?! or whether it's the first series - I can't answer that until I've read it), but it would be a shame for it to be omitted if it's in the calibre of the rest of the series.

message 540: by Annie (new)

Annie | 15 comments Although i think Cavill would make an excellent Alexander i'm still not sure about Tatianna. . .The books describe her as a beautiful, aetherial creature. . A blonde pettite girl. . Sweet, innocent. . living in her own world. . . trying to be positive beside the fact that there's war and death all around her. . bright, smiling. . romantic. .. loving Shura with all her heart. . pure and kind.. although it is very easy to find a beautiful actress to play the role. . i personally find it really hard to think of someone that could portray Tatianna perfectly . . like she is a dream . . like she is too perfect to come to life!! does that sound too crazy ??

message 541: by [deleted user] (new)

I know what you mean! But I really like Sophia Anna Robb! She looks a bit young for the mature scenes that are bound to happen. But I like to imagine her in my mind.

message 542: by Chrissy12 (last edited Jun 03, 2012 03:33AM) (new)

Chrissy12 (chrissy_12) | 86 comments Imogen Poots turns 23 today. I am pretty sure she has been mentioned before for Tatiana. But just to recap, what do you think?

message 543: by Alycia (new)

Alycia | 549 comments Mod
She's a great Tatiana!

message 544: by Kelly (new)

Kelly  | 636 comments Yes!!!!

message 545: by Leea (new)

Leea | 317 comments I agree, YES!

message 546: by Chrissy12 (new)

Chrissy12 (chrissy_12) | 86 comments I'm happy to hear that you ladies agree. The only change I believe could be made is maybe for her to have lighter hair and eyebrows and green contacts.
Here are some more pics for you all to see :)

message 547: by Chrissy12 (new)

Chrissy12 (chrissy_12) | 86 comments Also I am absolutely hooked on the show 'Revenge' and the actress who I suggested for Dasha a while back is a regular cast member... Margarita Levieva. And as an extra bonus, she was born in Leningrad :)
So as another recap, do you reckon she can pull off Dasha?

message 548: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 1 comments I think Henry cavill is the best suggestion so far. I also
Like imogen poots, she looks European I also really like Rachel Hurd wood...I just see Tatiana when I look at her.

message 549: by KareB (new)

KareB (Kare2you) | 10 comments I'm going to be a broken record. My Alexander pick is still Ian Somerhalder and Tatiana is AnnaSophia Robb... Henry Cavill would definitely be an acceptable back up though :) Ian just has that bad boy edge that I love.

message 550: by [deleted user] (new)

Yay for Anna Sophia Robb!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

One for the Money (other topics)
Fifty Shades Darker (other topics)
Fifty Shades of Grey (other topics)
Fifty Shades Freed (other topics)
Outlander (other topics)
More...