The Bronze Horseman discussion

The Bronze Horseman (IMDb) 2012!

Comments (showing 451-500 of 748) (748 new)    post a comment »

message 451: by Megan (new)

Megan | 410 comments Have there been any positive developments about TBH being made? The last I heard was that it had been canned by Andy Tennant and Paullina Simons was going to tweak it in the hope that someone else might pick it up?! Sadly, I think by the time it "hopefully" gets picked up (if it ever does), the pre-production, filming etc, Henry Cavill will probably be way too old to play him.

message 452: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (Sweetredhead) | 21 comments I completely agree with Henry Cavill. He is the perfect Alexander. I wish they would hurry up and make the movie before he gets to old to play him! He is coming out with a movie this spring costaring with Bruce Willis. When I saw the preview he took my breath away at how much he looks the part of Shura.

message 453: by Viola (new)

Viola | 58 comments Sue wrote: "Viola when I read the description I was "iffy", but I love Fifty!"

I have finished the 1st two Fifty books and am almost finished with the 3rd! I love them! Christian is HOT!!! :)

message 454: by Viola (new)

Viola | 58 comments Leea wrote: "He's not my Christian

Jessie Pavelka:

*I just always pictured him strong, muscled with a sharper boned face.

OR

Oh! I could see Wentworth Miller as Christian! I LOVED Prison Break, and he has those eyes, plus that voice...there were times where he was so quiet and just mumbled something, and I was very swoony. :)

The only thing about Wentworth Miller is that he needs to bulk up a bit. The body on the first guy (I liked him too) with Wentworth's face and eyes would be nice!

Wentworth Miller:

Sue, copy and past this, then remove the ! in the beginning...."

message 455: by Viola (new)

Viola | 58 comments I've looked again. I'm starting to like this Jessie Pavelka as a possible Christian. He has nice eyes.

message 456: by Laura (new)

Laura | 48 comments Did anyone see this that Paullina posted this morning on FB??

"Good morning, fans! I may have some exciting news regarding a Bronze Horseman movie option soon...keep fingers crossed."

message 457: by Annie (new)

Annie | 15 comments Girls! What do you think of Paul Walker as Alexander. . .? I really like him! he is really beautiful and something in his eyes reminds me of Alexander. . .Although they're blue but we always have eye-contacts! :P By the way I wanted to ask you. . The Summer Garden is the rest of the story . .? or something between? cause I just finished Tatiana and Alexander and the epilogue covers so many years of their lives. . .Until they're at their thirties. . . So I'm a little confused!

message 458: by Leea (new)

Leea | 317 comments ***Fingers Crossed***

Thanks for the update Laura :)

message 459: by Kelly (new)

Kelly  | 636 comments Annie wrote: "Girls! What do you think of Paul Walker as Alexander. . .? I really like him! he is really beautiful and something in his eyes reminds me of Alexander. . .Although they're blue but we always have ..."

yes, TSG is the last book!

message 460: by Kelly (new)

Kelly  | 636 comments Laura wrote: "Did anyone see this that Paullina posted this morning on FB??

"Good morning, fans! I may have some exciting news regarding a Bronze Horseman movie option soon...keep fingers crossed.""

YES Laura How exciting! I would love for it to be a series on Showtime or HBO.

message 461: by Laura (new)

Laura | 48 comments I'm so excited! I squealed when I read that! She also posted a question asking if fans would prefer for it to be a series as you mentioned Kelly or movies. I have mixed feelings. Would love to see it on the big screen but I think we would get more out of it as a series. They would have to cut so much out to fit it into the time constraints for a movie.

And as to Paul Walker Annie...sigh...he is my ultimate pretty boy, I could drool for hours over him. He might not have the acting chops to pull off Alexander though :(

message 462: by Annie (new)

Annie | 15 comments Laura wrote: "I'm so excited! I squealed when I read that! She also posted a question asking if fans would prefer for it to be a series as you mentioned Kelly or movies. I have mixed feelings. Would love to se..."

Yeah! You may be right. . :-/

message 463: by Annie (new)

Annie | 15 comments Kelly wrote: "Annie wrote: "Girls! What do you think of Paul Walker as Alexander. . .? I really like him! he is really beautiful and something in his eyes reminds me of Alexander. . .Although they're blue but w..."

Thanks. . .:-)

message 464: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (Sweetredhead) | 21 comments Yes, and she followed up with asking if we would prefer to see it as a series like Game of Thrones or a movie. I would LOVE to see it as a series since I think there isn't a way to evolve that story in a 2 hr window

message 465: by Chrissy12 (new)

Chrissy12 (chrissy_12) | 86 comments I got so excited when I read the message yesterday on facebook!! I would love the franchise that a movie could do for The Bronze Horseman, but I think I would still prefer 5 hours of film through a TV series than a 2 hour movie.
Although I wonder then if Paullina will have to re-write her screenplay than she did for the movie?
Otherwise she could just use the book and do it word by word like we all hope!! :D

message 466: by [deleted user] (new)

Word by word, now wouldn't that be nice? Ahh, the movie...so exciting!

message 467: by Tennille (new)

Tennille | 56 comments i would love a tv series as then hopefully anyway stuff that we love wont get left out!!!

message 468: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (Sweetredhead) | 21 comments What do you all think of Steven R. McQueen for Alexander? http://www.listal.com/viewimage/2558802
I think Henry Cavill is my favorite but he is getting older and Alexander needs to look like a young 20s guy. So just looking for back ups.

message 469: by Leea (new)

Leea | 317 comments I think he's make a wonderful Alexander. Cavill is not in his 20's anymore and by the time they make this film. I often forget how young Alexander and Tatiana are :)

message 470: by Tennille (new)

Tennille | 56 comments No not Jeremy from The Vampire diaries he is def not my Alexander lol

message 471: by Milena (new)

Milena (love_tea78) | 149 comments Jeremy is not my Alexander either, he doesn't have the sex appeal that Shura should have. If we are talking about actors from VD, Ian Somerhalder has the most sex appeal, broodiness and bad boy charm.

message 472: by Tennille (new)

Tennille | 56 comments i agree with Milena....Jeremy has no sex appeal for me either!!!

message 473: by Megan (new)

Megan | 410 comments Maybe I'm old but he's too much of a baby face. I think a more mature actor could pull off Alexander's character because he's such a MAN, whereas the actress who plays Tatiana needs to be more representative of her characters age because of her innocence. What about the girl who's playing the lead in the Hunger Games? I know she's a natural blonde and she's young, and obviously a good actress to be up for an oscar so early in her career??

message 474: by Viola (new)

Viola | 58 comments Kelly wrote: "Laura wrote: "Did anyone see this that Paullina posted this morning on FB??

"Good morning, fans! I may have some exciting news regarding a Bronze Horseman movie option soon...keep fingers crossed...."

I LOVE this idea! It would be great to really stretch out the film adaptation so we get the entire story, plus Showtime and HBO both have great track records with their movies and tv shows. This is exciting!

message 475: by Viola (new)

Viola | 58 comments Laura wrote: "I'm so excited! I squealed when I read that! She also posted a question asking if fans would prefer for it to be a series as you mentioned Kelly or movies. I have mixed feelings. Would love to se..."

I love Paul Walker and think he is soooo cute. Love his smile, eyes, body... :)

That said, I don't think he would work for Alexander for me because he doesn't have the hair, creme brulee eyes, etc.

message 476: by Megan (new)

Megan | 410 comments Paul Walker is not my first choice as Alexander - yeah the colouring is way off, and he's also quite a lot older than Alexander needs to be. He is delicious though, maybe as Joe from the Tea Rose if that were ever made into a movie?!

message 477: by Tennille (new)

Tennille | 56 comments he isnt stocky enough to be Joe from The Tea Rose ;P

message 478: by Viola (new)

Viola | 58 comments Megan wrote: "Paul Walker is not my first choice as Alexander - yeah the colouring is way off, and he's also quite a lot older than Alexander needs to be. He is delicious though, maybe as Joe from the Tea Rose i..."

Oh my gosh! Joe...LOVE him! I had never thought of him as Joe, but it could work. Again, there is an age problem, but I don't know that I care!

message 479: by Megan (new)

Megan | 410 comments For me, Alex Pettifer is my number one preference for Joe - and Sam Worthington for Sid. Aaaah, Sid!

message 480: by Kelly (new)

Kelly  | 636 comments Sarah wrote: "What do you all think of Steven R. McQueen for Alexander? http://www.listal.com/viewimage/2558802
I think Henry Cavill is my favorite but he is getting older and Alexander needs to look like a you..."

He looks the age of Alexander, I know dear Henry will be to old.... but he would work wonderfully in TSG :)

message 481: by Viola (new)

Viola | 58 comments Megan wrote: "For me, Alex Pettifer is my number one preference for Joe - and Sam Worthington for Sid. Aaaah, Sid!"

Ha! I LOVE Alex Pettyfer and picture him as any character who is blonde.

message 482: by Milena (new)

Milena (love_tea78) | 149 comments My first choice for Alexander is Henry Cavill, but if we can't have him, what about Joshua Bowman from Revenge? He is gorgeous, dark and tall. I really like him
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2811944/

message 483: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (cathycakes) Milena wrote: "My first choice for Alexander is Henry Cavill, but if we can't have him, what about Joshua Bowman from Revenge? He is gorgeous, dark and tall. I really like him
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2811944/"

I like him and that show aswell but his face isn't chiseled enough for me, he has too much baby fat

message 484: by Megan (new)

Megan | 410 comments Hmm, he's not good looking enough for me and looks little. He could make a good Pasha though maybe?!

message 485: by Tennille (new)

Tennille | 56 comments yes not a fan either

message 486: by KareB (new)

KareB (Kare2you) | 10 comments Remember that he has to look amazing with no hair too. I think Ian Somerhalder is gorgeous...he'd be my choice if he looks the part with a shaved head too. Plus he'd have to tone up and he is shorter than Alex is...hmmm....

message 487: by Milena (new)

Milena (love_tea78) | 149 comments Karen, I love Ian Somerhalder too

message 488: by KareB (new)

KareB (Kare2you) | 10 comments Milena wrote: "Karen, I love Ian Somerhalder too"

I don't even watch the show he's on, but I stop just to glance now and then :)

message 489: by Sue (new)

Sue Erickson | 110 comments I'll have to check out this Ian. I don't know who he is or what show he's from.

message 490: by Tennille (new)

Tennille | 56 comments he is from vampire Diaries...Damon and he was also on Lost!!! He is pretty hot....i wanted Alexander Skaarsgard or Josh Duhamel....both tall and hot!!! but age may be a factor although...make up and stuff is pretty amazing just look at how young they made Brad Pitt look in The curious case of bejamin button and he was in his mid forties and looked really early 20's!!

message 491: by KareB (new)

KareB (Kare2you) | 10 comments Josh...hmmm, maybe. But I'm sticking with Ian :) He has that dangerous bad boy look, but easy to fall ga-ga over.

message 492: by Tennille (new)

Tennille | 56 comments yeah he is pretty hot ;)

message 493: by Britnie (last edited Feb 29, 2012 05:03AM) (new)

Britnie | 10 comments I'm still a huge Henry Cavill fan, the man is heart stoppingly gorgeous. I can't picture Steven R. McQueen as Shura but he is mighty good looking none the less.

I saw a blogger recommend Armie Hammer (funny name lol) I've never seen him act in anything but I think he's attractive...and freakin tall! 6'5 or something like that (yum) his hair needs to be darker though. And he needs to work on his broodiness, he sure does smile a lot haha.

[image error]

message 494: by Chrissy12 (new)

Chrissy12 (chrissy_12) | 86 comments I just read that AnnaSophia Robb has been chosen to play a young Carrie Bradshaw from Sex and the City. I kind of thought she wouldn't be mature enough to play some of Tatiana's scenes, but maybe there is a chance.
What do you ladies think?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

message 495: by Chrissy12 (last edited Feb 29, 2012 12:57AM) (new)

Chrissy12 (chrissy_12) | 86 comments Britnie I LOVE the 2nd photo of Armie, he definitely has an Alexander intense look going on!! ;)

message 496: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh wow, I never even thought of Anna Sophia Robb! But she does have this real sparkle and childish delight to her, doesn't she? You might be onto something Chrissy!

message 497: by Kelly (new)

Kelly  | 636 comments i like Anna!!!

message 498: by Britnie (last edited Feb 29, 2012 06:57AM) (new)

Britnie | 10 comments I do too. I like her a lot better than Amanda Seyfried and Teresa Palmer, who seem to be popular blogger choices but I don't think look right at all.

And look at the dress!!!! :D

http://www.justjaredjr.com/photo-gall...

message 499: by Tennille (new)

Tennille | 56 comments and she has the round moon face!!! I am pretty sure Paullina posted a pic on facebook re: Armie Hammer asking what we though of him for Shura!!!

message 500: by Tennille (new)

Tennille | 56 comments love the dress ;)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

One for the Money (other topics)
Fifty Shades Darker (other topics)
Fifty Shades of Grey (other topics)
Fifty Shades Freed (other topics)
Outlander (other topics)
More...