Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

General Discussion > Beautiful covers

Comments (showing 1-50 of 104) (104 new)    post a comment »

Tytti | 45 comments Okay, there's been a lot of talking about cheesy (and very embarrassing) book covers. Yes, I'm talking about the Fabio ones and the ones where the couple in the cover should really find a room... Or just the really bad ones...Yes, like these:
Captive Rose
or
The Man Who Loved Jane Austen
or
Night After Night (Brotherhood of the Blood, #5)

So, what I'm wondering is that have you find a book that you loved but also had a beautiful cover?
I have,loved the book and LOVED the cover.
Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, #4)

ps.if you know also very bad covers.... put it here!

Mette | 40 comments I like these covers, but I haven't got around to reading the books yet.

Voices of Dragons
The Forest of Hands and Teeth (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #1)

I agree with you Tytti on the Blood Promise cover I like the cover and loved the book.

Nat | 4 comments I loved this cover!! and i thought the book was really good too - beautiful cover and beautiful book

Fallen (Fallen, #1)

...and the cover for the second one looks even better.
Torment (Fallen, #2)

Nita (gillnit) | 697 comments Two covers I love:

Ghostland (Ghostland World, #1) Indigo Springs

Dija I love love love this book cover: Thirteen Reasons Why It's exactly like how I imagine Hannah would be like.

This cover had me in a fangirl spasm for at least an hour straight when I first saw it: Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, #5)

Love the simplicity of this cover: Just Like That

Beautiful, stunning covers: The Luxe (Luxe, #1) Rumors (Luxe, #2) Envy (Luxe, #3)

And this is one of my all-time favorites: Twenty Boy Summer

And some others: If I Stay Something, Maybe

Celine | 80 comments I totally agree with you Nat,
another cover I really like is

A Great and Terrible Beauty (Gemma Doyle, #1)

message 7: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 16, 2010 10:24AM) (new)

I really like the Jory Strong books and covers. The Ghostland series. Ghostland (Ghostland World, #1) Spider-Touched (Ghostland World, #2) Healer's Choice (Ghostland World, #3)

The Readings of a Busy Mom Riaz (smoocy) | 16 comments Crescendo (Hush, Hush, #2) i love this cover right now but there are loads i heart

Katherine  | 27 comments Nat wrote: "I loved this cover!! and i thought the book was really good too - beautiful cover and beautiful book

Fallen (Fallen, #1)

...and the cover for the second one looks even better.
[bookco..."

I agree with you on these books! So beautiful!

message 10: by The Readings of a Busy Mom (last edited Jun 17, 2010 03:47AM) (new)

The Readings of a Busy Mom Riaz (smoocy) | 16 comments i also really love The Hostits so catchy

Come visit my Bloggy

Celine | 80 comments Ayesha wrote: "i also really love The Hostits so catchy
"

Maybe the shiny eye thing has something to do with that.

I also like the simplicity of The Cry of the Newborn (The Ascendants of Estorea, #1)

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I love the cover of Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer

Alondra (goodreadscombookgirl_lover) | 2 comments I love all the house of night covers but this one is my favorite...plus they include a poster at the back of the cover which is awesome!!! Tempted (House of Night, #6)

*Mrs. Brightside* I liked the Thirteen Reasons Why cover and Thirst No.1 and No.2 cover..check it out!

message 15: by Brindle (last edited Jun 25, 2010 08:35PM) (new)

Brindle Chase (brindle_chase) | 10 comments Karen Chance's "Curse The Dawn" is my favorite.

I also like J.A. Saare's Dead, Undead or Somewhere Inbetween

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (DarkHeart) | 737 comments Several of my favorites have already been posted, but a couple others that I adore are:

Bone Crossed (Mercedes Thompson, #4) Silver Borne (Mercedes Thompson, #5)

Mhollie | 173 comments I haven't seen these posted here yet. But I really liked these covers...
Lover Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #8)
Dark Needs at Night's Edge (Immortals After Dark, #5)
Sea Lord (Children of the Sea, #3)
Azazel
King of Storms
Lord of the Fading Lands (Tairen Soul, #1) Lady of Light and Shadows (Tairen Soul, Book #2)

message 19: by Mariya (last edited Jun 28, 2010 09:27PM) (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) | 156 comments have lots of favorite covers!

Nightshade (Nightshade, #1)
One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
Destined for an Early Grave (Night Huntress, #4)
Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, #5)
Passion Unleashed (Demonica, #3)
Sin Undone (Demonica, #5)
Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1)
Fallen (Fallen, #1)

Regina (ReginaR) Shadowfever (Fever, #5) I think Shadowfever is beautiful.

I strongly dislike covers that show either naked/half naked men (but for some reason BDB books don't bother me, hmmm.....) or show a couple in an embrace.

Laura Lulu (LauraLulu) Regina wrote: "I strongly dislike covers that show either naked/half naked men (but for some reason BDB books don't bother me, hmmm.....) or show a couple in an embrace. "

Same here Regina. And I especially hate picking them up at the library. Yes, I may enjoy reading a bit of sexy times, but does everyone and their brother need to know that?

Regina (ReginaR) Exactly! That is why I love to read those books on my Kindle, but it can get expensive ......

BaileyBones | 25 comments Okay im kinda new to this so would somebody tell me how to get a picture on here?

message 25: by Regina (last edited Jun 29, 2010 03:32PM) (new)

Regina (ReginaR) When you click reply, above the box you are typing text is a link "add book/author" click on that and search for a book -- then choose "cover" instead of "link".

BaileyBones | 25 comments Regina wrote: "Exactly! That is why I love to read those books on my Kindle, but it can get expensive ......"

Same here, thank goodness for my Kindle when i read BDB. My mom would have been furious if she had seen the covers, and my friends would probably give me crap about it.

Rochelle (toastqueen) | 27 comments I actually bought Addicted because of the beautiful cover!

message 29: by M. (new)

M. Clifford (MCliffordAuthor) | 2 comments Fallen Grace, The Dark Goddess (Billi SanGreal, #2), The Muse of Edouard Manet (The Time Chronicles of Emily Porterfield, #1)

Love all these covers. Feel the need to say that the 3rd cover is to one of my books. Not saying any of you need to read it, etc. -- Just really love the cover. My wife designed it and I love it! :)

Celine | 80 comments Rochelle wrote: "I actually bought Addicted because of the beautiful cover!"

That cover really is stunningly beautiful. Thinking about buying it for the cover too now lol

Rochelle (toastqueen) | 27 comments Celine wrote: "Rochelle wrote: "I actually bought Addicted because of the beautiful cover!"

That cover really is stunningly beautiful. Thinking about buying it for the cover too now lol"

Book is pretty smokin', too! :)

message 32: by Ann aka Iftcan (last edited Jun 30, 2010 06:19PM) (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (Iftcan) | 2357 comments Mod
Ok, I bought this book for the cover art AND the name. Its kind of cheesy looking, but I mean, come on--who could resist it? Bimbos of the Death Sun.

I bought this book The Wages of Sin because I loved the garden pictured on the cover. This is the "true" first edition of this book. However, having been a faithful fan and waited more years than I want to even THINK about now, I then bought the new one when it finally came out [[bookcover:Bimbos of the Death Sun|1187197] The Wages of Sin (Cin Craven, #1) Wages of Sin (Cin Craven, #1)

Hum, wonder why the first book didn't show the cover?

The weird thing is--despite the title, Bimbos is a mystery.

Vickie Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1)
i LOVE hush, hush's cover
it's the reason i was drawn to it!
as well as Fallen!
Fallen (Fallen, #1)

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

I really like Fallen (Fallen, #1), Nightshade (Nightshade, #1), Paranormalcy, Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1), The Naming  The First Book of Pellinor, Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, #4)

Nat | 4 comments Lazuline wrote: "This cover had me in a fangirl spasm for at least an hour straight ..."

I agree I love the spirit bound cover Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, #5)

Carri (CarriFedor) I totally read Lauren Kate's "Fallen" because of the beautiful cover!

message 38: by Karin Elisabeth (last edited Jul 06, 2010 01:02PM) (new)

Karin Elisabeth (goodreadscomKarinElisabeth) | 34 comments Mollie wrote: "I haven't seen these posted here yet. But I really liked these covers...
Lover Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #8)
Dark Needs at Night's Edge (Immortals After Dark, #5)
Sea Lord (Children of the Sea, #3)
[bookcover:A..."

I agree with you on the covers of "Lord of the Fading Lands" and "Lady..". The German cover was unbelievably cheesy and the title misleading. I also don't like the cover for the last book
The Crown of Crystal Flame.

message 39: by Tammy (last edited Jul 06, 2010 03:03PM) (new)

Tammy | 56 comments I think this is a nice cover Blood Song (Bloodsinger, #1)and this one Sleeplessand this Fairy Tale

Andrea | 69 comments The only reason why I picked up Fallen (Fallen, #1) was because of the cover!

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Tammy wrote: "I think this is a nice coverBlood Song (Bloodsinger, #1)and this oneSleeplessand thisFairy Tale"

Ohh i really like the Blood song cover ;P

Gemma (BookMoodReviews) | 510 comments I really like this book cover

The Confessions of Catherine de Medici

Black Magic Sanction (Rachel Morgan/The Hollows, #8)

Obsidian Butterfly (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #9)

Chelsea [Vampire Book Club] (VampireBookClub) | 85 comments You've already tapped some of my favorites, like Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, #4)

A couple upcoming books with stellar covers:

Firelight (Draki, #1)

Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1)

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (DarkHeart) | 737 comments Whatever you think of the books, it's hard to deny the covers are striking:

Twilight (Twilight, #1) New Moon (Twilight, #2) Eclipse (Twilight, #3) Breaking Dawn (Twilight, #4)

Samantha (Book Lover's Cozy Cafe) (SparklyBluEyes) | 1694 comments DarkHeart "Vehngeance" wrote: "Whatever you think of the books, it's hard to deny the covers are striking:

Twilight (Twilight, #1)New Moon (Twilight, #2)Eclipse (Twilight, #3)Breaking Dawn (Twilight, #4)"

I do love these covers so simplistic and stunning at the same time. and I do love the books too lol.

Chelsea [Vampire Book Club] (VampireBookClub) | 85 comments DarkHeart "Vehngeance" wrote: "Whatever you think of the books, it's hard to deny the covers are striking:

Twilight (Twilight, #1)New Moon (Twilight, #2)Eclipse (Twilight, #3)Breaking Dawn (Twilight, #4)"

Agreed. I think what makes them so stunning is that the designers went for something simple, clean.

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) | 411 comments Eclipses cover is my favourite out of all of them.

Another cover I like:

Garden Spells

Airs Above the Ground This was the first Mary Stewart book I ever read. And I read it because of that cover. At the time I was going through my "horse mad" phase that many girls go through. :o) I ssooo wanted to be a rider for the Spanish Riding School (that's one of their Lippizaners on the cover) and, well, since this book had THAT cover. . .

Jennifer M (HappyTwilighter) You all have posted some of my favorite covers already... here are a few more I haven't seen on the lists yet.. (some are on my TBR list, some aren't, but I work at BAM, so I see a LOT of book covers, lol)

Eyes Like Stars (Théâtre Illuminata, #1)

My Way to Hell

The Girl Who Chased the Moon

Little Red and the Wolf

Heart Of Fire

The Postmistress

« previous 1 3