Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

General Discussion > Beautiful covers

Comments (showing 1-50 of 103) (103 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Tytti (new)

Tytti | 45 comments Okay, there's been a lot of talking about cheesy (and very embarrassing) book covers. Yes, I'm talking about the Fabio ones and the ones where the couple in the cover should really find a room... Or just the really bad ones...Yes, like these:
Captive Rose by Miriam Minger
or
The Man Who Loved Jane Austen by Sally Smith O' Rourke
or
Night After Night (Brotherhood of the Blood, #5) by Kathryn Smith

So, what I'm wondering is that have you find a book that you loved but also had a beautiful cover?
I have,loved the book and LOVED the cover.
Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, #4) by Richelle Mead

ps.if you know also very bad covers.... put it here!

message 2: by Mette (new)

Mette | 41 comments I like these covers, but I haven't got around to reading the books yet.

Voices of Dragons by Carrie Vaughn
The Forest of Hands and Teeth (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #1) by Carrie Ryan

I agree with you Tytti on the Blood Promise cover I like the cover and loved the book.

message 3: by Nat (new)

Nat | 4 comments I loved this cover!! and i thought the book was really good too - beautiful cover and beautiful book

Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate

...and the cover for the second one looks even better.
Torment (Fallen, #2) by Lauren Kate

message 4: by Nita (new)

Nita (gillnit) | 697 comments Two covers I love:

Ghostland (Ghostland World, #1) by Jory Strong Indigo Springs by A.M. Dellamonica

message 5: by Dija (new)

Dija I love love love this book cover: Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher It's exactly like how I imagine Hannah would be like.

This cover had me in a fangirl spasm for at least an hour straight when I first saw it: Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, #5) by Richelle Mead

Love the simplicity of this cover: Just Like That by Marsha Qualey

Beautiful, stunning covers: The Luxe (Luxe, #1) by Anna Godbersen Rumors (Luxe, #2) by Anna Godbersen Envy (Luxe, #3) by Anna Godbersen

And this is one of my all-time favorites: Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler

And some others: If I Stay by Gayle Forman Something, Maybe by Elizabeth Scott

message 6: by Celine (new)

Celine | 82 comments I totally agree with you Nat,
another cover I really like is

A Great and Terrible Beauty (Gemma Doyle, #1) by Libba Bray

message 7: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 16, 2010 10:24AM) (new)

I really like the Jory Strong books and covers. The Ghostland series. Ghostland (Ghostland World, #1) by Jory Strong Spider-Touched (Ghostland World, #2) by Jory Strong Healer's Choice (Ghostland World, #3) by Jory Strong

The Readings of a Busy Mom Riaz (smoocy) | 16 comments Crescendo (Hush, Hush, #2) by Becca Fitzpatrick i love this cover right now but there are loads i heart

message 9: by Katherine (new)

Katherine  | 27 comments Nat wrote: "I loved this cover!! and i thought the book was really good too - beautiful cover and beautiful book

...and the cover for the second one looks even better.
[bookco..."

I agree with you on these books! So beautiful!

message 10: by The Readings of a Busy Mom (last edited Jun 17, 2010 03:47AM) (new)

The Readings of a Busy Mom Riaz (smoocy) | 16 comments i also really love The Host by Stephenie Meyerits so catchy

Come visit my Bloggy

message 11: by Celine (new)

Celine | 82 comments Ayesha wrote: "i also really love The Host by Stephenie Meyerits so catchy
"

Maybe the shiny eye thing has something to do with that.

I also like the simplicity of The Cry of the Newborn (The Ascendants of Estorea, #1) by James Barclay

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I love the cover of Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer

message 13: by Alondra (new)

Alondra (goodreadscombookgirl_lover) | 2 comments I love all the house of night covers but this one is my favorite...plus they include a poster at the back of the cover which is awesome!!! Tempted (House of Night, #6) by P.C. Cast

*Mrs. Brightside* I liked the Thirteen Reasons Why cover and Thirst No.1 and No.2 cover..check it out!

message 15: by Brindle (last edited Jun 25, 2010 08:35PM) (new)

Brindle Chase (brindle_chase) | 10 comments Karen Chance's "Curse The Dawn" is my favorite.

I also like J.A. Saare's Dead, Undead or Somewhere Inbetween

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (DarkHeart) | 737 comments Several of my favorites have already been posted, but a couple others that I adore are:

Bone Crossed (Mercedes Thompson, #4) by Patricia Briggs Silver Borne (Mercedes Thompson, #5) by Patricia Briggs

message 17: by Mhollie (new)

Mhollie | 174 comments I haven't seen these posted here yet. But I really liked these covers...
Lover Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #8) by J.R. Ward
Dark Needs at Night's Edge (Immortals After Dark, #5) by Kresley Cole
Sea Lord (Children of the Sea, #3) by Virginia Kantra
Azazel by Dawn McClure
King of Storms by Amanda Scott
Lord of the Fading Lands (Tairen Soul, #1) by C.L. Wilson Lady of Light and Shadows (Tairen Soul, Book #2) by C.L. Wilson

message 19: by Mariya (last edited Jun 28, 2010 09:27PM) (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) | 157 comments have lots of favorite covers!

Nightshade (Nightshade, #1) by Andrea Cremer
One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2) by Jeaniene Frost
Destined for an Early Grave (Night Huntress, #4) by Jeaniene Frost
Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, #5) by Richelle Mead
Passion Unleashed (Demonica, #3) by Larissa Ione
Sin Undone (Demonica, #5) by Larissa Ione
Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick

message 21: by Regina (new)

Regina (ReginaR) Shadowfever (Fever, #5) by Karen Marie Moning I think Shadowfever is beautiful.

I strongly dislike covers that show either naked/half naked men (but for some reason BDB books don't bother me, hmmm.....) or show a couple in an embrace.

message 22: by Laura Lulu (new)

Laura Lulu (LauraLulu) Regina wrote: "I strongly dislike covers that show either naked/half naked men (but for some reason BDB books don't bother me, hmmm.....) or show a couple in an embrace. "

Same here Regina. And I especially hate picking them up at the library. Yes, I may enjoy reading a bit of sexy times, but does everyone and their brother need to know that?

message 23: by Regina (new)

Regina (ReginaR) Exactly! That is why I love to read those books on my Kindle, but it can get expensive ......

message 24: by BaileyBones (new)

BaileyBones | 25 comments Okay im kinda new to this so would somebody tell me how to get a picture on here?

message 25: by Regina (last edited Jun 29, 2010 03:32PM) (new)

Regina (ReginaR) When you click reply, above the box you are typing text is a link "add book/author" click on that and search for a book -- then choose "cover" instead of "link".

message 26: by BaileyBones (new)

BaileyBones | 25 comments Regina wrote: "Exactly! That is why I love to read those books on my Kindle, but it can get expensive ......"

Same here, thank goodness for my Kindle when i read BDB. My mom would have been furious if she had seen the covers, and my friends would probably give me crap about it.

message 28: by Rochelle (new)

Rochelle (toastqueen) | 27 comments I actually bought Addicted by Charlotte Featherstone because of the beautiful cover!

message 29: by M. (new)

M. Clifford (MCliffordAuthor) Fallen Grace by Mary Hooper, The Dark Goddess (Billi SanGreal, #2) by Sarwat Chadda, The Muse of Edouard Manet (The Time Chronicles of Emily Porterfield, #1) by M. Clifford

Love all these covers. Feel the need to say that the 3rd cover is to one of my books. Not saying any of you need to read it, etc. -- Just really love the cover. My wife designed it and I love it! :)

message 30: by Celine (new)

Celine | 82 comments Rochelle wrote: "I actually bought Addicted by Charlotte Featherstone because of the beautiful cover!"

That cover really is stunningly beautiful. Thinking about buying it for the cover too now lol

message 31: by Rochelle (new)

Rochelle (toastqueen) | 27 comments Celine wrote: "Rochelle wrote: "I actually bought Addicted by Charlotte Featherstone because of the beautiful cover!"

That cover really is stunningly beautiful. Thinking about buying it for the cover too now lol"

Book is pretty smokin', too! :)

message 32: by Ann aka Iftcan (last edited Jun 30, 2010 06:19PM) (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (Iftcan) | 2491 comments Mod
Ok, I bought this book for the cover art AND the name. Its kind of cheesy looking, but I mean, come on--who could resist it? Bimbos of the Death Sun.

I bought this book The Wages of Sin because I loved the garden pictured on the cover. This is the "true" first edition of this book. However, having been a faithful fan and waited more years than I want to even THINK about now, I then bought the new one when it finally came out [[bookcover:Bimbos of the Death Sun|1187197] The Wages of Sin (Cin Craven, #1) by Jenna Maclaine Wages of Sin (Cin Craven, #1) by Jenna Maclaine

message 33: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Hum, wonder why the first book didn't show the cover?

The weird thing is--despite the title, Bimbos is a mystery.

message 34: by Vickie (new)

Vickie Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick
i LOVE hush, hush's cover
it's the reason i was drawn to it!
as well as Fallen!

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

I really like Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate, Nightshade (Nightshade, #1) by Andrea Cremer, Paranormalcy by Kiersten White, Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick, The Naming The First Book of Pellinor by Alison Croggon, Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, #4) by Richelle Mead

message 36: by Nat (new)

Nat | 4 comments Lazuline wrote: "This cover had me in a fangirl spasm for at least an hour straight ..."

I agree I love the spirit bound cover Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, #5) by Richelle Mead

message 37: by Carri (new)

Carri (CarriFedor) I totally read Lauren Kate's "Fallen" because of the beautiful cover!

message 38: by Karin Elisabeth (last edited Jul 06, 2010 01:02PM) (new)

Karin Elisabeth (goodreadscomKarinElisabeth) | 34 comments Mollie wrote: "I haven't seen these posted here yet. But I really liked these covers...
Lover Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #8) by J.R. Ward
Dark Needs at Night's Edge (Immortals After Dark, #5) by Kresley Cole
Sea Lord (Children of the Sea, #3) by Virginia Kantra
[bookcover:A..."

I agree with you on the covers of "Lord of the Fading Lands" and "Lady..". The German cover was unbelievably cheesy and the title misleading. I also don't like the cover for the last book
The Crown of Crystal Flame.

message 39: by Tammy (last edited Jul 06, 2010 03:03PM) (new)

Tammy | 56 comments I think this is a nice cover Blood Song (Bloodsinger, #1) by Cat Adamsand this one Sleepless by Cyn Balogand this Fairy Tale by Cyn Balog

message 40: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 69 comments The only reason why I picked up Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate was because of the cover!

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Tammy wrote: "I think this is a nice coverBlood Song (Bloodsinger, #1) by Cat Adamsand this oneSleepless by Cyn Balogand thisFairy Tale by Cyn Balog"

Ohh i really like the Blood song cover ;P

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) | 411 comments I really love these covers:

Mine Till Midnight (The Hathaways, #1) by Lisa Kleypas Seduce Me at Sunrise (The Hathaways, #2) by Lisa Kleypas The Owl Killers by Karen Maitland Kiss of a Demon King (Immortals After Dark, #7) by Kresley Cole

message 43: by Gemma (new)

Gemma (BookMoodReviews) | 510 comments I really like this book cover

The Confessions of Catherine de Medici by C.W. Gortner

Black Magic Sanction (Rachel Morgan/The Hollows, #8) by Kim Harrison

Obsidian Butterfly (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #9) by Laurell K. Hamilton

Chelsea [Vampire Book Club] (VampireBookClub) | 85 comments You've already tapped some of my favorites, like Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, #4) by Richelle Mead

A couple upcoming books with stellar covers:

Firelight (Draki, #1) by Sophie Jordan

Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (DarkHeart) | 737 comments Whatever you think of the books, it's hard to deny the covers are striking:

Twilight (Twilight, #1) by Stephenie Meyer New Moon (Twilight, #2) by Stephenie Meyer Eclipse (Twilight, #3) by Stephenie Meyer Breaking Dawn (Twilight, #4) by Stephenie Meyer

Samantha (Book Lover's Cozy Cafe) (SparklyBluEyes) | 1710 comments DarkHeart "Vehngeance" wrote: "Whatever you think of the books, it's hard to deny the covers are striking:

Twilight (Twilight, #1) by Stephenie MeyerNew Moon (Twilight, #2) by Stephenie MeyerEclipse (Twilight, #3) by Stephenie MeyerBreaking Dawn (Twilight, #4) by Stephenie Meyer"

I do love these covers so simplistic and stunning at the same time. and I do love the books too lol.

Chelsea [Vampire Book Club] (VampireBookClub) | 85 comments DarkHeart "Vehngeance" wrote: "Whatever you think of the books, it's hard to deny the covers are striking:

Twilight (Twilight, #1) by Stephenie MeyerNew Moon (Twilight, #2) by Stephenie MeyerEclipse (Twilight, #3) by Stephenie MeyerBreaking Dawn (Twilight, #4) by Stephenie Meyer"

Agreed. I think what makes them so stunning is that the designers went for something simple, clean.

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) | 411 comments Eclipses cover is my favourite out of all of them.

Another cover I like:

Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen

message 49: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Airs Above the Ground by Mary Stewart This was the first Mary Stewart book I ever read. And I read it because of that cover. At the time I was going through my "horse mad" phase that many girls go through. :o) I ssooo wanted to be a rider for the Spanish Riding School (that's one of their Lippizaners on the cover) and, well, since this book had THAT cover. . .

message 50: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer M (HappyTwilighter) You all have posted some of my favorite covers already... here are a few more I haven't seen on the lists yet.. (some are on my TBR list, some aren't, but I work at BAM, so I see a LOT of book covers, lol)

Eyes Like Stars (Théâtre Illuminata, #1) by Lisa Mantchev

My Way to Hell by Dakota Cassidy

The Girl Who Chased the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen

Little Red and the Wolf by Alison Paige

Heart Of Fire by Kristen Painter

The Postmistress by Sarah Blake

« previous 1 3

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Man Who Loved Jane Austen (other topics)
Captive Rose (other topics)
Night After Night (other topics)
Blood Promise (other topics)
The Forest of Hands and Teeth (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Jory Strong (other topics)
Mary Stewart (other topics)
Bettie Sharpe (other topics)
Maria V. Snyder (other topics)
Colleen Gleason (other topics)
More...