European Royalty discussion

History Group Reads > July 1 - Aug 31: Sarum

Comments (showing 1-7 of 7) (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sara W (new)

Sara W (SaraWEsq) | 2151 comments Hey everyone! Our July 1 to August 31 History Group Read will be:

Sarum: The Novel of England

Sarum  The Novel of England by Edward Rutherfurd

by Edward Rutherfurd

Edward Rutherfurd

Yes, you read that correctly - the end date is the end of August. We are going to try out starting the history read every other month instead of every month, so I figured we could expand the time of the discussion as opposed to just having an empty slot every other month. This should allow more people to participate in the read since they can jump in at any time over a two month period. The European Royalty read will remain the same (every month).

We will start the discussion on JULY 1ST. Feel free to read the book whenever it's convenient for you, but keep the discussion date in mind - we won't start early!

We'll do the discussion threads broken up by chapters like all the other times, but I figure this thread can be used by those frustrated with amazon's delivery slowness (or your library's slowness) or for any other reason. Just don't discuss the book in any detail here! (General "I'm a couple chapters in and I like it" comments are fine, but we'll start the real discussion threads on JULY 1ST.) For those of you just joining us, you can look through the previous threads in this Monthly Group Read section to see how we did it before because the process will be the same (there's also a thread just like this thread for the other books we've read together).

message 2: by Tina (new)

Tina | 62 comments I read this years and years ago. . . I'll pop into your discussion and see what I can add. Looking forward to hearing what you all think of it (I really liked it!)

message 3: by Robin (new)

Robin | 298 comments I really loved this book and I've read it a few times since I originally bought it a couple of years ago.

message 4: by Sera (new)

Sera | 246 comments I read this book about 10 years ago or so. I loved it as well. Rutherford is brilliant IMHO so I hope that you all enjoy this one as well. It's a long one so hang in there, because it's worth it.

message 5: by Emily (new)

Emily (Ohmagichour) | 181 comments I think you'll need two months to read this anyway - it's so huge! I just started it awhile ago and I really love it so far.

message 6: by Susan (new)

Susan | 7 comments Hi - just joined and it's so good to find like-minded people! I first read Sarum years ago and am currently on my 3rd or 4th copy. Very readable and interesting. I've also read London, The Forest and Russia - all fascinating and full of history. Looking forward to hearing what others think.

message 7: by Sara W (new)

Sara W (SaraWEsq) | 2151 comments Susan wrote: "Hi - just joined and it's so good to find like-minded people! I first read Sarum years ago and am currently on my 3rd or 4th copy. Very readable and interesting. I've also read London, The Fores..."

Welcome to the group Susan!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Sarum: The Novel of England (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Edward Rutherfurd (other topics)