Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

Interracial Categories > Black Woman/Asian Man

Comments (showing 1-50 of 130) (130 new)    post a comment »

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 6844 comments Mod
I just finished a really good BW/AM book, so this is prominent on my mind.

I feel like this is a very fertile area for IRR. Also, statistically-speaking, BW and AM are the ones less likely to find mates. I firmly believe there should be a dating site for BW/AM.

I thought I'd start a thread to discuss this combination.

Suggested reads:

Ebony Eyes (Love Spectrum Romance) by Kei Swanson A Drummer's Beat to Mend (Love Spectrum Romance) by Kei Swanson No Ordinary Love (Love Spectrum Romance) by Angela Weaver Adrienne (Bron Universe Novel) by D. Renee Bagby J-Pop Love Song by Shiree McCarver

If you see some missing, please recommend. I cannot recommend this one:
Loving Jiro by Jordyn Tracey

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 6844 comments Mod
Famous BW/AM couples:

Arthel Neville/Taku Hirano

message 3: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads), Sees Love in All Colors (last edited Jun 02, 2010 05:47AM) (new)

Good Asian Man/Black Woman movies:

Romeo Must Die (although romance is sketchy)
Catfish and Black Bean Sauce
Ninja Assassin (not really, but could be)
Fakin Da Funk (have not watched)
BlAsian Exchanges (have not watched)
Akira's Hip Hop Shop (sounds good)

Sharon Huxford (blackpanthershay) | 970 comments Hi Danielle how are you? :)
Where did you find the books? And thanks for sharing

Hi Sharon. I'm good. How are you? I just snoop around until I find the books. There was a listmania on Amazon, plus from the Yahoo interracial group.

Sharon Huxford (blackpanthershay) | 970 comments Ah ok I was at Borders on Friday and came across an IR book(or so I thought)
But I didn't have time to investigate plus I had 3 books already
Will checkl back next time we are there

It's hard to find them at the store. I mainly look on Amazon.com.

message 8: by Arch , Mod (new)

Arch  | 5630 comments Mod
I'm going to have to check the books you have recommended Danielle. I have seen the second one at a library sale one day, but didn't get it. I didn't know it was an interracial book.

Oh, that's too bad. Happy book hunting. :)

message 10: by Arch , Mod (new)

Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Oh, that's too bad. Happy book hunting. :)"

I might find it one day again at the library.

My uniform story will be able a bw/am.

I can't wait to read it! I think my next story will have an BW/AM. Maybe a few of them!

message 12: by Arch , Mod (new)

Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "I can't wait to read it! I think my next story will have an BW/AM. Maybe a few of them!"

Cool that would be good.

I was thinking that Tokyo is going to be an Asian man in the stranded on desert island story.

Of course, it will be a make believe story or should I say there will be some make believe stuff in it.

Shiree McCarver | 234 comments Thank you for the mention of J-POP Love Song Lady Danielle! I also have The Flavor of Love by Shiree McCarver A Holiday to Remember by Shiree McCarver Dirty Little Secrets  Japanese Male Hosts - An Erotic Anthology  by Shiree McCarver Eternally I Do by Shiree McCarver

I'm currently working on another Visual-Kei Rock Star that will be released sometime this month. Sample Chapters of all my books are on my website www.shireemccarver.com

Shiree McCarver

Thanks, Shiree. I knew I was missing some, but I didn't have them on my asian-hero shelf.

Shiree McCarver | 234 comments You're welcome and thank you for doing this. I'm finding books I don't have.

Ree

message 16: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

CaliGirlRae (Rae_L) | 1946 comments Mod
Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Good Asian Man/Black Woman movies:

Akira's Hip Hop Shop (sounds good)"

Pick this one up if you can, Danielle. It's AWESOME. The director was gauging response from the short film to see whether or not he would go ahead with the full feature. I'm really hoping he does because it's an excellent story.

Here's a real life AM/BW story via YT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgT5SZ...

Great list! I will have to check these books out. :-)

It's a labor of love for me, Shiree! Hugs!

Here's another one that Jenn told me about:

We All Scream by Nona Wesley

Rae wrote: "Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Good Asian Man/Black Woman movies:

Akira's Hip Hop Shop (sounds good)"

Pick this one up if you can, Danielle. It's AWESOME. The director was gauging res..."

Ooh. I'm glad you liked it, Rae. I'll have to do that!

thanks for all the cool YouTube-age to watch on BW/AM. It's my obsession!

I forgot this one that my friend Rae told me about:
Gold Mountain by Sharon Cullars

Loni | 405 comments Good choices, Danielle. I own (and read) all of them.

I tend to buy most of my IR books from Amazon. I have an entire bookcase from them.

FYI to others looking for IR books but don't know where to look...It helps to check out readers (listmania) suggestions & Amazon's recommendations (customers who bought this..).

If you like e-books try ALL ROMANCE EBOOKS. They have a very large IR section ranging from novellas to novels.

Thanks, Loni.

message 23: by Arch , Mod (new)

Thanks Loni.

Shiree McCarver | 234 comments Akira's Hiphop was good I watched it online during BET's director showcase they had on. I hate that it's not a full movie, it's a short. so it's probably about 30 minutes.

Ree

Oh, that's too bad.

Beth (Spectravel) | 21 comments I just finished Gold Mountain and it was pretty good. The Alpha Promise was great!

I want to read The Alpha Promise. I heard it has a wicked cliffhanger, so I think I'll wait until the second book comes out.

I just wanted to share a thank you note that Kei Swanson posted on the Fans of Interracial Romance Yahoo group for my review of Ebony Eyes. I was very touched:

Wow! What a wonderful review for EBONY EYES. (I never liked the title Genesis gave it. To me Laine and Corie's story will always be SLEEPING AT THE MALL) Anyway, it's nice to hear that readers connect with Laine and can even see Corie's PTSD. I began writing my Japanese heroes when I failed to find such heroes that I wanted to read about. Most fiction relegates the Asian man to the role of villians or martial artists. It's nice to see others have the same needs. In all my books, my goal is to show that love is love the world around, no matter what color.

Just wanted to say a heartfelt thanks on the behalf of all my heroes--Laine, Tetsuro, Kentaro, and Lord Sanematsu.

Kei Swanson
www.keiswanson.com

message 29: by Jo (new)

Jo (ainathiel) I am really glad I joined this site. There are so many books and authors that was under my radar. I have so little time.

Beth (Spectravel) | 21 comments Has anyone watch the tv show "Flashforward?" I haven't yet but I believe there's a BW/AM couple?

Jhenn (letthemeatcxke) | 13 comments Thanks for the list, guys. I've been looking for more BW/AM romances to read. They really are few and far between when you think about the amount of BW/WM romances out there in both print and ebook format.

Spectravel wrote: "I just finished Gold Mountain and it was pretty good. The Alpha Promise was great!"

Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "I want to read The Alpha Promise. I heard it has a wicked cliffhanger, so I think I'll wait until the second book comes out."

I just read The Alpha Promise too. But, I didn't know about the cliff hanger and it just about killed me. But, even if I had known about the abrupt ending ahead of time, I still would have read it. It was good, and I'm definitely looking forward to the next book.

Loni | 405 comments Jo wrote: "I am really glad I joined this site. There are so many books and authors that was under my radar. I have so little time."

Yes. I heard that it may be canceled now. Not sure as of yet. The couple was played by Gabrielle Union & John Cho.

Loni | 405 comments Jheanelle wrote: "Thanks for the list, guys. I've been looking for more BW/AM romances to read. They really are few and far between when you think about the amount of BW/WM romances out there in both print and ebook..."

The author is on Facebook and she says that she hopes to have the 2nd book out by the end of the year. And it also looks like she's doing a 3rd sequel as well.

message 34: by Jo (new)

Jo (ainathiel) I heard that Flash Forward would go as well. Maybe they will give it another chance. It was an interesting concept. I liked it but lost interest somewhere.

message 35: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads), Sees Love in All Colors (last edited Jun 11, 2010 07:48AM) (new)

Jo, I'm glad you joined too.

Jheanelle, we need to spread the BW/AM love!

message 36: by Arch , Mod (new)

Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Jo, I'm glad you joined too.

Jheanelle, we need to spread the BW/AM love!"

I agree.

Jhenn (letthemeatcxke) | 13 comments Loni wrote: "Jheanelle wrote: "Thanks for the list, guys. I've been looking for more BW/AM romances to read. They really are few and far between when you think about the amount of BW/WM romances out there in bo..."

Thanks for telling me. I thought I was going to have to wait until some time next year to find out what happens lol.

Shiree wrote: "Akira's Hiphop was good I watched it online during BET's director showcase they had on. I hate that it's not a full movie, it's a short. so it's probably about 30 minutes.

Ree"

I loved Akira's Hip Hop Shop, but it would be so much better as a full length movie. There were a couple more BW/AM shorts that I saw online, but I'm going to have look for them. I'm not sure if they're even still available for viewing anymore, as they were submissions for some kind of movie festival.

Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Jo, I'm glad you joined too.

Jheanelle, we need to spread the BW/AM love!"

Lol. Yes, we do.

Emme | 4 comments Hi everyone! Thanks so much for starting this thread! I'm a BW in a relationship with an AM, so I'm SOOO grateful to have these reads!

Seems like a lot of you liked Gold Mountain and The Alpha Promise, so I think I'll start with those.

Do any of you also know of any good books with characters in long distance relationships? he just relocated, so we're going to be long distance for some time. the only i have been able to find are dear john and the time traveler's wife. thanks!

Hi, Emme! Thanks for joining us! I don't read many long distance romances, so I can't recommend any. How did you meet your beau, if you don't mind me asking?

Emme | 4 comments Hi Lady Danielle! We both met in college. We became fast friends in the first month and grew closer as friends over the first three years. We started dating 9 months ago at the start of our senior year. We just graduated from college and are each starting med school, him on the West Coast, me on the East Coast. The distance daunts us, but we feel quite strongly for each other so we're placing it in God's hands. We're best friends, so we're hoping that our strong friendship and faith in God (both the foundation of our relationship) will sustain our deep affection and admiration for each other. Please root for us and if you're a praying woman, keep us in your prayers!

message 41: by Jo (new)

Jo (ainathiel) Wow Emme, you are doing alot, good luck with med school. I am definitely rooting for you on everything.

Emme | 4 comments Jo wrote: "Wow Emme, you are doing alot, good luck with med school. I am definitely rooting for you on everything."

thanks Jo!! :)

I definitely will keep you in my prayers. I hope that med school goes well. Don't give up. I went through vet school and it was a rough four years, but I made it through. Thanks for sharing, Emme!

Angela Thanks for posting.

Debra Crosby | 18 comments Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "I want to read The Alpha Promise. I heard it has a wicked cliffhanger, so I think I'll wait until the second book comes out."

i read it and sorry i did because there is no second book to get the answers. still thought it was good

Beth (Spectravel) | 21 comments Even though the sequel is in the works, did you like Alpha Promise?

Beth (Spectravel) | 21 comments Any feedback on the below titles before I purchase?

Snap Shot by Jeanette Williams-Smith
A Feast of Shadows by Rae Lori
Loving Jiro by Jordyn Tracey

message 48: by Arch , Mod (new)

Spectravel wrote:"A Feast of Shadows by Rae Lori"

What? Cool.

Thumbs down on Loving Jiro from me.

message 50: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (last edited Jul 08, 2010 06:26AM) (new)

CaliGirlRae (Rae_L) | 1946 comments Mod
Hey Spectravel!

Just a heads up on A Feast of Shadows. It's a sci-fi/futuristic/cyberpunk and part of a duology. Although it features a romance between the leads, I wouldn't quite classify it as a romance novel or part of the genre, per se (maybe a SF with romantic elements).

I have Snap Shot in my immediate TBR pile but I haven't had a chance to read it just yet. :-)

« previous 1 3

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Ebony Eyes (other topics)
Adrienne (other topics)
No Ordinary Love (other topics)
A Drummer's Beat to Mend (other topics)
Loving Jiro (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Shiree McCarver (other topics)