Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Archive (general) > June - What are you currently reading?

Comments (showing 1-50 of 465) (465 new)    post a comment »

Mel W (MelW) | 981 comments June already! This year is zooming by :)

So, what are you reading? I'm just about to start Everlasting Kiss by Amanda Ashley.

Everlasting Kiss by Amanda Ashley

Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim) (Jim_formerly_Photojim) | 5294 comments Twin Temptation for the twin book is what I started this morning.

message 3: by Dee, Moderator (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 6449 comments too many choices!! lol!!

I think i'm going to start reading one of my books for the monthly list, or maybe the lora leigh book...IDK...

It's goign to be between one of these three
Soul Deep (Breeds, #5) by Lora Leigh Faith & Fidelity (Faith & Fidelity, #1) by Tere Michaels Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4) by Lisa Kleypas

message 4: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 8862 comments Started C.L. Wilson's King of Sword and Sky while making breakfast. :)

D.G. | 3759 comments I just started this morning: Dead as a Doornail (Sookie Stackhouse, #5) by Charlaine Harris...so far so good. :)

Ashley (ashleylaura87) | 444 comments I'm reading The Host by Stephenie Meyer. It's actually much better than I thought it'd be. I'm pretty engrossed actually. Her writing has vastly improved since Twilight.

Daffodil (Daffodil--RIPCranberry) | 959 comments I managed to finish Bloodring Bloodring (Thorn St. Croix, Book 1) by Faith Hunter over the weekend, so I'll be picking up Seraphs Seraphs (Thorn St. Croix, Book 2) by Faith Hunter at the library tonight and probably start it soon. Yesterday I read the first Blood Lily book, Tainted Tainted (The Blood Lily Chronicles, #1) by Julie Kenner. Even though I felt like shouting at the main character a few times, I'm interested enough to pick up the next book and see where the series is going. Due to a bout of insomnia, I finally finished Dead in the Family Dead in the Family (Sookie Stackhouse, #10) by Charlaine Harris at around 3:30 this morning. I started Magic to the Bone Magic to the Bone (Allie Beckstrom, #1) by Devon Monk on the bus to work this morning and I didn't want to put it down once I got here. Now I have a hard decision ahead: nap or read on my lunch hour?

Jacqueline (jacquelineo) | 64 comments I'm currently reading the following
Ebook Sex and the Single Vampire (Dark Ones, #2) by Katie MacAlister
Audiobook Delicious (Buchanans #1) by Susan Mallery

Michelle (meesh_ox) | 31 comments Currently reading...

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

and..

The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon

So far I'm enjoying both of them.. it's just taking me forever to get through The Fiery Cross though.

Sarah (sarahmay3) Michelle wrote: "Currently reading...

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

and..

The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon

So far I'm enjoying both of them.. ..."

I love the Outlander series, but The Fiery Cross is the slowest one, in my opinion. There's too much army / battle / strategy talk for me and not enough action.

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 946 comments I am almost done with this ebook The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series #1) by Rick Riordan

BJ Rose (BJRose) | 4163 comments Enjoying Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4) by Lisa Kleypas

message 15: by Dee, Moderator (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 6449 comments i'm enjoying Married By Morning as well! And reading Faith & Fidelity

message 16: by Julianna (last edited Jun 01, 2010 04:38PM) (new)

Julianna (AuthorJuliannaD) | 1320 comments I started The Nerd Who Loved Me by Vicki Lewis Thompson this afternoon. I hadn't been super-impressed with the first in the series, but this one seems to be off to a pretty good start.

I also started reading Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling with my daughter for summer break.:-)

message 17: by Amy ~Lover of Books~ (last edited Jun 02, 2010 05:04AM) (new)

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 946 comments Finished The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series #1) by Rick Riordan last night
Now reading Hex Hall (Hex Hall, #1) by Rachel Hawkins

D.G. | 3759 comments Ashley wrote: "I'm reading The Host by Stephenie Meyer. It's actually much better than I thought it'd be. I'm pretty engrossed actually. Her writing has vastly improved since Twilight."

Ashley - This is the only book I've read that I've wanted to re-read the minute I finished it. I LOVED it!

m.allen | 41 comments I finished Sugar Daddy this morning. When I get home from work I'm going to start Lessons From a Scarlet Lady.

Sandra | 3926 comments Finished Fired Up (Dreamlight, #1) (Arcane Society, #7) by Jayne Ann Krentz this afternoon and will be starting Divided in Death (In Death, #18) by J.D. Robb tomorrow.

Daffodil (Daffodil--RIPCranberry) | 959 comments Ashley wrote: "I'm reading The Host by Stephenie Meyer. It's actually much better than I thought it'd be. I'm pretty engrossed actually. Her writing has vastly improved since Twilight."

I loved this book too. I kept recommending it to my mom and finally bought her a copy for Christmas. My one line plot synopsis is always: Invasion of the Body Snatchers from an aliens point of view. I'm hoping SM gets around to writing a sequel sometime soon.

Gus (GusBus) | 114 comments I'm reading Waiter Rant  Thanks for the Tip-Confessions of a Cynical Waiter by Steve Dublanica, which is hilarious, especially since I was a waitress before. And Storm Born (Dark Swan, #1) by Richelle Mead too! Storm Born is really good so far, I really love Richelle Mead's writing style! Most UF is pretty dark, but Mead is so funny!

Carolyn F. | 700 comments Sarah wrote: "Starting To Kill a Mockingbird."

I love that book Sarah. One of my top 10 favorites.

Nairabell | 433 comments I'm reading Hunted By The Others (H&W Investigations, #1) by Jess Haines. So far, so good.

Ashley (ashleylaura87) | 444 comments Daffodil wrote: "Ashley wrote: "I'm reading The Host by Stephenie Meyer. It's actually much better than I thought it'd be. I'm pretty engrossed actually. Her writing has vastly improved since Twilight."

I loved..."

D.G. wrote: "Ashley wrote: "I'm reading The Host by Stephenie Meyer. It's actually much better than I thought it'd be. I'm pretty engrossed actually. Her writing has vastly improved since Twilight."

Ashley - ..."

Yes! I'm glad I'm not the only one! :)

Valorie  | 2065 comments I'm reading Changes (The Dresden Files, #12) by Jim Butcher and I'm loving it!!

Kelley (shewolf0316) As per usual, I've got quite a few going at once:
Family Secrets Prequel Book 1: The Cinderella Mission by Catherine Mann (print)
The Cinderella Mission (Family Secrets) (Silhouette Intimate Moments, #1202) by Catherine Mann

No Time for Goodbye by Linwood Barclay (audio)
No Time for Goodbye by Linwood Barclay

The Elven Lords Book 1: The Fire Lord’s Lover by Kathryne Kennedy (print ARC)
[image error]

The Dead Travel Fast by Deanna Raybourn (audio) (HQ)
The Dead Travel Fast by Deanna Raybourn

Shakespeare in Love Book 1: Much Ado About Matchmaking by Myrna Mackenzie (print) (HQ)
Much Ado About Matchmaking (Shakespeare in Love, #1) (Silhouette Romance, #1786) by Myrna Mackenzie

Agent Pendergast Book 9: Cemetery Dance by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child (audio)
Cemetery Dance (Pendergast, #9) by Douglas Preston

The Family Plan by Susan Gable (eBook)
The Family Plan (Harlequin Superromance) by Susan Gable

Faerie Tales edited by Martin H Greenberg (print)
Faerie Tales by Martin H. Greenberg

The Mermaid’s Mirror by LK Madigan (eBook)
The Mermaid's Mirror by L.K. Madigan

Daffodil (Daffodil--RIPCranberry) | 959 comments Finished Magic to the Bone Magic to the Bone (Allie Beckstrom, #1) by Devon Monk yesterday afternoon. I really loved it. Don't know why I never tried it before now. So now I have to get my hands on the next three in this series and hope they're just as good.

Since I'm trying to finish up some of the hanger ons in my currently-reading pile, I chose Nightlife Nightlife (Cal Leandros, #1) by Rob Thurman as the only book I took to the laundromat last night, giving myself no choice but to stick with it while doing laundry. I had a really hard time getting into this, but now I'm 2/3 of the way in and it's more interesting. I have scrapbook club tonight, so I doubt seriously I'll finish it today.

message 31: by D.G. (last edited Jun 03, 2010 09:03AM) (new)

D.G. | 3759 comments I'm almost done with Dead as a Doornail (Sookie Stackhouse, #5) by Charlaine Harris and I've enjoyed it a lot. This is not among my favorite series but I'm definitely looking forward to the rest of the books.

However, I think Sookie needs to give numbers to all those guys so they get in line! I wonder how she can keep them all straight...it seems that now anything with muscles and a penis is fair game for her. :p

Carolyn F. | 700 comments That sounds like Laurell Hamilton's Anita Blake!

Carolyn F. | 700 comments I finished Urban Shaman 3.5 stars and am now reading Wolf Tales I.

D.G. | 3759 comments Just finished Dead as a Doornail! Now to decide what to read next. :) I have two candidates from my challenges:The Glass Castle or Dream Man

Mel W (MelW) | 981 comments Kelley, I'm in awe that you can read that many books without getting confused :)

I'm currently reading Lora Leigh's Megan's Mark. My first by this author.

Carolyn F. | 700 comments I really like Lora Leigh Mel.

Erin (Erin-B) | 762 comments I finished Bullet (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #19) by Laurell K. Hamilton and The Twilight Before Christmas (Drake Sisters, #2) (Christmas, #2) by Christine Feehan and now I think I'll pick up Visions of Heat (Psy-Changeling, #2) by Nalini Singh. Or possibly Mind Game (GhostWalkers, #2) by Christine Feehan, I can't decide.

Nairabell | 433 comments Mind Game rules Erin :)

Ashley (ashleylaura87) | 444 comments I'm reading Grave Surprise (Harper Connelly, #2) by Charlaine Harris but will finish today; then I'll start A Secret Rage by Charlaine Harris and Darkfever (Fever, #1) by Karen Marie Moning!!

D.G. | 3759 comments I'm reading The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls.

Nita (gillnit) Now reading Stealing Kathryn (The Gatherers, #2) by Jacquelyn Frank. So far better than the first in this series.

m.allen | 41 comments I'm reading Skeletons at the Feast and listening to Outlander. I've read Outlander a couple times before but this is my first time listening to it.

message 43: by Dee, Moderator (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 6449 comments m. allen - enjoy! hopefully you have the unabridged version with Davina Porter...its awesome!

Carolyn F. | 700 comments I love the Outlander audiobook with Davina Porter too.

I finished Burning Alive and am trying to finish Wolf Tales I.

Erin (Erin-B) | 762 comments Nairabell wrote: "Mind Game rules Erin :)"

I'm glad to hear it. I really enjoyed Shadow Game last month so I'm looking forward to this one. I think I'll start it next.

Macwolf01 [Elise] (Macwolf01) | 951 comments Its seems the longer I play with you guys the less monogamous I become hehe

Reading Nauti Boy (Nauti, #1) by Lora Leigh and What Happens in London (Bevelstoke, #2) by Julia Quinn

My days off are coming soon and I'm hoping to get some of my June challenge books done

m.allen | 41 comments Delicious Dee the book slut wrote: "m. allen - enjoy! hopefully you have the unabridged version with Davina Porter...its awesome!"

That's what I have! I'm excited and actually can't wait to go to the gym tomorrow so I can start listening to it!

message 48: by D.G. (last edited Jun 04, 2010 06:31PM) (new)

D.G. | 3759 comments I've actually never 'read' Outlander...just listened to books 1-4 with Davina Porter. She's really awesome. I'll see if I can listen book #5 this year!

message 49: by Dee, Moderator (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 6449 comments have fun! i'm about 2/3 of the way through Drums of Autumn right now and have the Fiery cross waiting to go!

Valorie  | 2065 comments I'm starting Elijah (Nightwalkers, #3) by Jacquelyn Frank

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Everlasting Kiss (other topics)
Everlasting Kiss (other topics)
Twin Temptation (other topics)
Faith & Fidelity (other topics)
Soul Deep (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

NOT A BOOK (other topics)
Diana Gabaldon (other topics)