The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
SUMMER CHALLENGE 2010 > Summer Challenge 2010 Completed Tasks (do NOT delete any posts in this thread)

Comments (showing 601-650 of 3,072) (3072 new)    post a comment »

Diane | 611 comments Nicole NC wrote: "Ashley wrote: "For Task 15.3 I read The Lace Reader by Brunonia Barry. I don't read book blogs on-line, but I do listen to "Books on the Nightstand" and they discussed this book on ..."

lol, it does!

Diane | 611 comments 20.10 - Group Reads - The ABC Murders by Agatha Christie. I posted a comment on the thread.

Books Read: 3
Tasks Completed: 3
Tasks in Progress: 3
Total Points: 50
Goodreads Authors: 0
Big Books: (500)x (750) (1000)

[image error]

Cindy AL (cangelmd) | 638 comments Got several more done. I'm repeating my last posting because Cynthia hasn't gotten to it yet. When she catches up, I'll delete the repeats.

15.3 Book from a blog, link and review: The War Against Miss Winter, blog link http://bfgb.wordpress.com/2010/05/11/...
by Kathryn Miller Haines, 317pp read 6/12/2010.
Rosie is a great detective character, and the writing is evocative of the WWII setting. I'm going to read more of these. Not an innovative mystery, but an interesting character and setting.

20.7 Read a book form villain's POV: Grendel by John Gardner, 174pp read 6/13/2010.

Grendel was a tremendous waste of not much time. I didn't "get" it and I didn't like it much either.

25.6 Summer song, connection to book and connection for you to summer: Song: La Vie en rose, Almost French by Sarah Turnbull, 304pp read 6/12/2010.
La vie en rose, sung by Edith Piaf, is my taste of summer song. For years, my husband has played this recording as we are sitting by pool, at the beach, over dinner with wine and candles at the beach house. I know this song, the kids think beach and pool when they hear this song, and our friends associate it with us. Don't recognize it? You will if you listen to it on YOUtube, etc. It is totally French. The connection with the book is that the song is about how the singer's love makes her see the world through rose colored glasses, makes life perfect and the nights endless. Almost French is a memoir of an Australian journalist who falls head over heels for a tall Frenchman who makes her see the world through rose colored glasses - so much so that she moves permanently to Paris, even speaking no French. An outcome Edith would have approved of.

25.7 Non-fic about subject you are passionate about, and fic with passion in title: Used and Rare Travels in the Book World and The Bone Collector by Lawrence and Nancy Goldstone and Jeffery Deaver, 741 pp, read 6/1/2010 and 6/7/2010.

I had a hard time with this one, what is passion anyway? Finally I asked my DD, and she said that is easy you are a collector, you are passionate about collect things and being a collector. She's right, I collect trophies really, not things that are tangible, but achievements. I'm the person who has to find every chest in a video game, who really wants to finish the reading challenge. Yes, I'm probably not normal, but I swear I'm not dangerous. So I read a book about collecting, a type of collecting that would be very seductive for me, because I do have a passion for books, too, and a book with collector in the title.

This is going to be the serial killer/forensic science challenge for me! This is the first of about 4 serial killer books I have coming.

20.5 About libraries or librarians or with word "library or librarian" in title: Alexandria by Lindsay Davis, 338pp, read 6/10/2010.

This is a Marcus Didius Falco mystery about the murder of the Librarian at the Great Library of Alexandria, and the machinations to replace him. Not the best Falco I've read.
Carolyn Haines is a Goodreads author.

Books read: 21/71
Tasks completed: 11/56
Pages read: 6184

[image error]

Petra Cindy wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "20.3 - Victorian Novel - Tess of the d'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy. I did not enjoy this book (2*)."

I remember reading that book in High School. We had to "contr..."

I enjoy reading Hardy. However, I didn't enjoy Tess. Much too slow and quite a let down. Now.....The Mayor of Casterbridge and Jude the Obscure were much, much better. Don't give up on Hardy just because Tess let you down. :)

message 605: by Cindie (last edited Jun 15, 2010 04:19AM) (new)

Cindie Harp | 845 comments 20.10 I read The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins and made a comment in the discussion. WOw!

Task Points: 20
Total Points: 90
Tasks Completed: 6
Books Read: 11
Pages Read: 3413
Books by Goodreads authors: 2
Big Books: 1(500+), 0(750+), 0(1000+)

Angela | 370 comments 5.2 - Blockbuster Books
There are many highly anticipated films that will be hitting the theaters this summer (i.e. Eclipse, Toy Story 3, The A-Team, Eat Pray Love and many others)...For this task read a book that relates to the film you are most looking forward to seeing this summer (EXAMPLE: For Eat Pray Love you could read the book that is the basis for the film Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman's Search for Everything Across Italy, India and Indonesia or another travel memoir such as Undress Me in the Temple of Heaven.) (You do not actually have to see the film to get credit for this task.)
The Carrie Diaries by Candace Bushnell-6/11

Sex in the City

New Total: 5 points

message 607: by Jen B (last edited Jun 14, 2010 06:45PM) (new)

Jen B (jennybee618) 15.3 Books and Blogs

Heart of the Matter by Emily Giffin

This one was featured on my favorite book blog, ChickLitIsNotDead.com.

My Review:
I absolutely love Emily Giffin's books, and this one is her best yet. It's a testament to good, real writing that she creates characters who are flawed, and aren't always likeable. My allegiances changed so many times during this one that I'd been on everyone's side by the end, somehow even rooting for a man to cheat on his wife -- a woman whose life so closely parallels my own that it's almost eerie. Ultimately, I'm satisfied with the book's outcome, and still contemplating what I would do if I were faced with Tessa's situation.

The only negative mark I'd give this one is Giffin's gimmick of bringing back characters from another of her novels (Something Borrowed). I generally dislike when authors do this in books that aren't meant to be part of a series -- if it's meant to be a stand-alone book, I'd rather just leave the characters when their story ends - it's almost startling to read about them in another context. Giffin actually gives them a pretty significant role in this book. Eventually I didn't mind their presence in the story as much as I initially thought I would, but I'd still rather she have not included them in this one.

Total Books Read: 7
Total Points: 70

[image error]

Karen | 39 comments 25.9 Swimsuit Edition C. Tankini (Read 850 pages of book(s) published in last 5 years Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer (611 pages)

25.10 Name Game A. Dead in the Family by Charlaine Harris
B.

Total Points: 0
Tasks Completed: 0
Tasks in Progress: 2
Books Read: 2
Pages Read: 940

Deana Pittman Task 10.7--I think we can handle the truth

I read The Murder of King Tut by James Patterson.

10 points

Total points: 45

message 610: by Pauline (last edited Jun 14, 2010 07:03PM) (new)

Pauline | 12 comments 25.6 - Ashley FL'S Task - "Summer Lovin"
I hope I did this one right. A song that reminds me of summer is Michael Jackson’s “Will You Be There” because I remember one summer I was watching Free Willy with a friend and at the beginning of the video was MJ’s video “Will You Be There”. This song just so happened to have changed my life as well. I was suicidal for a number of years and after hearing this song, I became a Michael Jackson fan as I realized that life doesn’t have to be so bad. Even if he did create a lot of the issues within himself, he was still living life. I was suicidal because of how I was treated by my peers (suicidal from ages of about 9-13 years old).

With all of that being said-my connection is by reading the autobiography book (AGAIN) Moonwalk by Michael  Jackson by Michael Jackson

10.4 - Roll The Dice...
My number was 284. I read Summer at Tiffany by Marjorie Hart by Marjorie Hart. The total number of pages for the book was 290.

Total Points: 45 (including these two)
Total Tasks: 3
Total Books: 3
Total Pages: 925

Angela | 370 comments 15.3 - Books And Blogs
For this task read a book that has been featured on your favorite book/reading related blog. When you post this task include a link to the blog and a review of the book.
Nanny Returns by Emma McLaughlin and Nicole Kraus-6/7

ChickLitIsNotDead.com.

My Review:
I loved the first book, but I cannot say the same about this one. It takes place years later after she is married and started her own business. She comes into contact again with Grayson (the child she used to be a nanny too) and he has a slew of issues. Basically, she takes him under her wing along with his younger brother. The book is based on her working for a private school who has no morals and her trying to take care of Grayson and his brother, since his parents have checked out. Just did not care for it and felt like it lacked a plot and just did not keep me entertained. Disappointed!

New Total: 20 points

Cindy LooHoo | 59 comments Just one more quick post tonight. Just finished 5.2 Blockbuster Books: Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer. I started it the first time when it first came out in hardback. But since I had just ripped through the first 2 books in the series, I was afraid that I would go nuts waitin for the next one. I actually put it on the shelf and took a whole lot of flack from friends and co-workers for not reading it... till now.
Total points: 80 (previous) + 5 = 85 currently

Tryphena | 19 comments Finished 5-9: Get Caught Reading-
The Quest Begins Seekers #1 by Erin Hunter
read at the pool while kids swam.

Pages: 293

Finished 25-6: Summer Lovin'-
Meatloaf: To Hell and Back an autobiography by D.Daulton/Meatloaf
I really loved this album. My favorite was "Paradise by the Dashboard Lights" I was in my teens and this was considered "devil music" by my grandmother. My mom and us 4 kids piled in the car, drove through all the back roads of Maine. She was usually drinking a beer, smoking, and singing at the top of her lungs. We usually sang too. What a noise!! One of the few good memories I have of my family.

Pages:285

Total 50/950
Total pages: 785

Sorry cynthia, I forgot the authors. So I finally added them. Thanks

message 614: by Erin (new)

Erin Carney | 157 comments Finished:

10.2 - The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest - Steig Larsson

*Big Book - 576 pages

Total Points = 10

Tryphena | 19 comments Also I read The Secret of Annex 3 by Colin Dexter for 10.1.

For 10.4, I read The Blue Cotton Gown by Patricia Harman. My number was 292 and the book had 289 pages.

Total 70/950
Total pages: 1292

message 616: by Lisa (last edited Jun 20, 2010 06:10PM) (new)

Lisa (lbhick) | 540 comments I'm finally getting around to my first post for this challenge. I've completed the following tasks:

5.6 Spy/Espionage
The 39 Steps by John Buchan - READ 6.6.10
My Rating: ★★★

5.9 Get Caught Reading
Blacklands by Belinda Bauer (224 pp) - READ 6.7.10
My Rating: ★★★★
I read this on my morning coffee outings at Panera and in the doctor's waiting room. A fantastic thriller, which sent shivers down my spine.

10.6 Discrimination
Maus I: A Survivor's Tale: My Father Bleeds History by Art Spiegelman - READ 6.14.10
My Rating: ★★★★★

10.9 You Cannot Open A Book Without Learning Something
Making Toast: A Family Story by Roger Rosenblatt - READ 6.11.10
Excellent memoir on how a family comes together to handle grief.

25.8 Fairy Tales (400 pp)
Impossible by Nancy Werlin GOODREADS AUTHOR (384 pp) - READ 6.10.10
I loved this modern day fairy tale, where a long line of women were cursed. I can't get the song, Scarborough Fair, out of my head since reading this.
Tooth Fairy in Trouble by Julia Jarman (48 pp) - READ 6.7.10

Total Tasks: 5/56
Total Points: 55/950
Total Books Read: 6/76
*Books Read I Own: 3

Nicole Dreibelbeis (NicoleDreibelbeis) | 134 comments 15.10 Family

Sisters Redby Jackson PearceGoodreads Author

I love my family for many reasons, but one reason in particular is because we are all crazy and we laugh nonstop when we are together. We are so close, and we have the best time teasing each other and joking around. My Dad and I have the same dry sense of humor, and my Mom and little brother are more goofy but when we all get going its hilarious! We probably look like a bunch of weirdos but we have fun!

Books read: 9
Pages read: 2528
Tasks completed: 8

Krista Finished 15.10 - “Other Things May Change Us, But We Start And End With Family.” I read A Death in the Family, by James Agee. This book won the Pulitzer in 1958. Overall, I didn't love this book. The entire book is about the death of one man and how it impacts his family. I thought it read more like a play than a novel.

While the family in this book didn't remind me much of my own, it did remind me of the importance of families supporting each other at the worst times. One of the things I love about my family is that we are always there for each other. You can always find someone to help you weather any crisis. This book made did make me appreciate how especially grateful I am for my sisters, cousins, and aunts.

Total points: 40

message 619: by Kate (new)

Kate Prentice I read the Group reads task. I read The ABC Murders, which I really enjoyed.

Total points = 25

Kate.x.

Allie (TubeofAIM) | 37 comments 30.4 - Cheryl TX's Task - The Science Of Crime
Postmortem by Patricia Cornwell
Secrets of Eden: A Novel by Chris Bohjalian

Points for this task: 30
Total Points: 75

Sandie (chocdrop) | 214 comments 30.4 The Bone Collector by Jeffery Deaver
Grave Secrets by Kathy Reichs

message 622: by Liz (last edited Jun 14, 2010 11:32PM) (new)

Liz 15.2 - Stars & Stripes Forever
A. Alabama Moon by Watt Key (3*) (goodreads author)
B. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare (4*) (goodreads author) - set in New York

Tasks: 8
Books: 9
Goodreads authors: 4
Pages: 3,632
TOTAL POINTS: 140

[image error]

Potjy | 50 comments 10.10 - Great Minds Think Alike
For this task we will find out if this saying is true when in comes to reading preferences. Go to the individual page for the last book you gave a 5 star rating to (i.e. if the last book you rated 5 stars was The Help by Kathryn Stockett you would go to this page The Help). Scroll down to the section for other reviews and click on the link for 5 stars...then click on the link to organize the list by date. Once you do that you will need to click on page 6,7, or 8 (if the book you use does not have that many pages of 5 stars use page 1-3) and select a person. Visit that persons profile and select another book (one that you haven't read before) that they gave 5 stars to and that will be the book you need to read for this challenge task.

My latest 5-star book (then) was The Lightning Thief, so I certainly found many people gave the second book 5 stars too.

The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan

25.9 - Donna Jo's Task - It's Time For The Swim Suit Edition.
Pick one of the following swim suit styles to fit your reading type.

C. Tankini - Read 850 pages of book(s) published in last 5 years.

The Titan's Curse (2007) 327 pages
The Battle of the Labyrinth (2008) 375 pages
The Last Olympian (2009) 388 pages

= 1,090 pages

Books: 7
Tasks: 5/56
Pages: 2,265

Princess Zimbellina (princesszimbellina) | 109 comments 5.9 - Get Caught Reading
I read Blood Orange Brewing at various bus stops, on buses, in a waiting room and in parks.

15.4 - Learn Your Numbers
My number is 3
So for A I read Poirot's Early Cases: 18 Hercule Poirot Mysteries by Agatha Christie who's also a 3
AND
the characteristics for 3 were expression, verbalization, socialization, the arts, the joy of living so for B I read Speak. The main character in this book learns about all of these characteristics over the book - she starts off not able to verbalise or express herself and she cuts herself off from people but by the end of the book she expresses herself and becomes closer with people. She's also an artist.

20.9 - Luck Of The Draw - Terri's Task - The Spirit of Independence
For A I read Wintergirls (YA Honor Awards 2010)
AND
B I watched Heathers.

20.10 - Group Reads
I read The ABC Murders and posted in the discussion post.

25.5 - Helen's Task - Share the Summer Love
My first favourite genre is crime so I read Lost Souls. Unfortunately this wasn't a fantastic example of the genre. The story wasn't fantastic and the main character wasn't realistic.

I love this genre because I'm really interested in criminology and forensic psychology and will probably go on to study in one of those areas. I like reading fiction crime because everything (usually) works out in the end - the good guys win and the bad guy dies or goes to jail. It works out nicely with all the loose ends tied up.

AND

my second favourite genre is young adult sci fi so I read The Knife of Never Letting Go which was awesome. Seriously, I loved this book, couldn't put it down and can't wait to get my hands on the rest of the series. It was about a planet where the women have all died and all the men can hear each other's thoughts (and the animals as well). It might sound strange but it works really well in the book.

I love young adult sci fi because it's usually less complex than adult sci fi. It gives my brain a bit of a break and I don't have to think about it too much. I also think there's a lot of great stories being written in this genre at the moment.

Total Points: 175

Beth F. (quietknitter) | 430 comments 5.2 - Can You Keep a Secret?

The cover of this book is pink and girly (and so is the content) so the summer movie I'm tying this to is Sex and the City 2, which always makes me think pink, girly thoughts.

Kim D (kdimattia) | 188 comments 15.2 - Stars and Stripes Forever -

I read Love...Like Snow In Florida On A Hot Summer Day by Tracy L. Darity. I won this book here on Goodreads and I found it to be pretty horrible. 1*

Tracy L. Darity is a Goodreads Author.

and

I read Hot Six by Janet Evanovich. 4* This book takes place in New Jersey. I love these books so much. It makes me long for home!

Total Points: 45
Tasks Complete: 3
Books Read: 8
Pages Read: 2,796
Tasks in Process: 15.6, 20.9, 30.2, 30.3

message 627: by Trisha (last edited Jul 03, 2010 07:28PM) (new)

Trisha (mom2twinsplus1) | 46 comments My update:

Total points: 15

Completed tasks:

5.9 - The Middle Place by Kelly Corrigan
10.10 - The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Pages read: 646

Lindsey (Babies, Books, and Beyond) (MamaMunky) | 172 comments I finished a bunch of tasks in the last week.

30.2 (children) - I've been reading Peter Pan to my belly and I've added it to the baby's bookcase plus I finally finished The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time whose main character Christopher is a child.

25.2C (WHO?) - I listened to the audiobook of Doctor Who: Feast Of The Drowned and read Vivaldi's Virgins

25.7 (Passion) - One of my passions is physics, astrophysics to be specific. I wish I had the money and smarts to become a professional astrophysicist but until then I will be an amateur astrophysicist. Anywho, I read 2 books by Neil deGrasse Tyson: Origins: Fourteen Billion Years of Cosmic Evolution AND The Sky Is Not the Limit: Adventures of an Urban Astrophysicist which has the word "astrophysicist" in it.

Old Total: 35
New total: 115

message 629: by ColleenPA (last edited Jun 15, 2010 07:50AM) (new)

ColleenPA | 84 comments 20.3 - "School May Be Out"

I read Elizabeth Gaskell's Wives and Daughters, and thoroughly enjoyed it! Since the book was 679 pages, I am also claiming my first Big Book Ticket! My complete review is at http://colreads.blogspot.com/2010/06/...

Tasks completed: 7
Books read: 9
Pages read: 2480
Points earned: 110
Big Book Tickets: 1

message 630: by Sheila (last edited Jun 15, 2010 08:09AM) (new)

Sheila (SheilaJ) | 1634 comments 25 Point Tasks

25.7 - Wendy's Task - I'm Passionate About...
I'm an avid quilter so this task was an easy one. One of the things that I have done is help document antique quilts. It is so sad to come across a quilt from pioneer days that has no documentation. Wouldn't it be wonderful to be able to trace the origins of these old masterpieces.

The American Quilt: A History of Cloth and Comfort 1750-1950 by Roderick Kiracofe
AND
The Sugar Camp Quilt by Jennifer Chiaverini

25.10 - Belinda's Task - Let's Play The Name Game
What Came Before He Shot Her by Elizabeth George
AND
The Night Gardener by George P. Pelecanos

30 Point Tasks

30.4 - Cheryl TX's Task - The Science Of Crime
Book Of The Dead by Patricia Cornwell
AND
Flesh and Bone: A Body Farm Novel by Jefferson Bass

Current Completed Tasks = 80

Cheryl Eagleson (eagle1964) | 271 comments I have completed the following tasks:

5.10 The Scarlett Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne

10.9 The Idiot's Guide to Dairy-Free Eating by Scott H. Sicherer and Liz Scott
I have become Lactose intolerant in my old age and am trying to learn how to go about that without giving up some of my favorite things.

25.8 Classic Fairy Talesby Berlie Doherty 223 pages
The Tooth Fairy by Graham Joyce 320 pages

25.9 How I Became a Famous novelist byh Steve Nely 322 pages
Homer and Langley by E. L. Doctorow
208 pages
Love You Hate You Miss You by Elizabeth Scott 276 pages

30.5 Eat This, Not That by David Zinczenko
My Darling, My Hamburger by Paul Zindel

Tryphena | 19 comments Finished another task early early this morning:

15.10- Brother Odd by Dean Koontz.
It is about a man named Odd Thomas who is staying at a monastery to heal from events that happened in the first two books. This book reminded me that you don't have to be related by blood to be family. I live a long way from my real family but I have made a family for myself. They both are wonderful in that no matter where the chips may fall, any one of them would be there to pick me up. I am truly blessed!
Pages: 430

Total pages: 1722

Alice | 5 comments I'm new and I am scared...but here we go!

[image error]

Sheila (SheilaJ) | 1634 comments Welcome Alice to the summer challenge. If you have as big a tbr list as I have, you won't have any trouble plugging one of them into a task.

message 635: by Dionisia (last edited Jun 15, 2010 09:50AM) (new)

Dionisia (therabidreader) | 414 comments I completed task #10.2 by reading The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson. I loved it!!

message 636: by Iamthez (last edited Jun 15, 2010 10:16AM) (new)

Iamthez | 53 comments 5.4 - The Woman in the Dunes - Kobe Obo.

It won the Yomiuri Prize in 1962. It's a prestigious Japanese literary award that was created to help form a cultural nation.

I really enjoyed this book. Deceptively simple and yet very philosophical.

15.3 Books and Blogs - Breathers's: A zombie's lament - S. G. Browne (Goodreads Author)

http://readinginappalachia.blogspot.c...

This is just a fun read!

Points for this task: 20
Total Points: 65
Tasks Completed: 6
Books Read: 6
Books by Goodreads authors: 1
Big Books: 0 (500+), 0 (750+), 0 (1000+)

Bluemoon (Bluemoon286) | 1039 comments Petra wrote: "Cindy wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "20.3 - Victorian Novel - Tess of the d'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy. I did not enjoy this book (2*)."

I remember reading that book in High School. We..."

I usually will give an author 2 books. If I am still disappointed then he/she is off my list. So I will try another of his at some point.

BJ Rose (BJRose) | 822 comments Stephanie wrote: "I usually will give an author 2 books. If I am still disappointed then he/she is off my list. So I will try another of his at some point."Petra wrote: "Cindy wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "20.3 - Victorian Novel - Tess of the d'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy. I did not enjoy this book (2*)."

If you want to give Hardy another try at some point, I recommend Far from the Madding Crowd - that one I really enjoyed.

Bluemoon (Bluemoon286) | 1039 comments Alice wrote: "I'm new and I am scared...but here we go!

"

Don't be scared Alice. Just jump in and have fun. There is alot of support in the help section if you need it.

message 640: by Jason (last edited Jun 15, 2010 11:14AM) (new)

Jason | 61 comments Task 5.7 - "...Man Would Not Fly For Fifty Years. "
The Ghost Brigades by John Scalzi
He is a Goodreads author.

Points for this task: 5
Total Points: 15 / 950
Tasks Completed: 3
Books Read: 3
Books by Goodreads authors: 2
Big Books: 0 (500+), 0 (750+), 0 (1000+)

Elizabeth (Alaska) 15.5 The Great Authors were Great Readers

A. - Testimony by Anita Shreve. I've read several by this author, and was happy to read this one and get it off my shelf.
B - That Night by Alice McDermott is on her top ten list. It was OK, but it won't be on my top ten list.

accumulated total: 45

message 642: by Sue T (last edited Jun 15, 2010 02:35PM) (new)

Sue T (SueTinge) | 1150 comments 15.1 Old-Blue And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie This book was published way before I was born and this is the closest to the blue cover that my mid-70s paperback has.

Borrowed-New Look Again a new-to-me author that I got from the library

Total Points: 40
Tasks Completed: 5
Books Read: 6

Scottoline is a goodreads author.

message 643: by readinghearts (Lyn M) (last edited Jun 15, 2010 02:26PM) (new)

readinghearts (Lyn M) (lsmeadows) Task - 10.3-Same time, same place
Book - Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen . When I began on 6/3 it was also being read by Jessie - United States.
Pages - 358 pages (in my edition)
Points for this task - 10

Total Points: 10
Tasks Completed: 1
Books Read: 2
Pages Read: 703

Nicole Dreibelbeis (NicoleDreibelbeis) | 134 comments Sheila wrote: "25 Point Tasks

I'm an avid quilter so this task was an easy one. One of the things that I have done is help document antique quilts. It is so sad..."

I love the elm creek quilt books! I am not a quilter myself, but it is so cool that you work with antique quilts. I bet it is really fascinating. We have a crazy quilt that my mom's great aunt made and I just love looking at it and imagining her putting it together!

Diane | 611 comments 10.3 - Same Place, Same Time...Same Books - Left to Tell: Discovering God Amidst the Rwandan Holocaust by Immaculee Ilibagiza.

Books Read: 4
Tasks Completed: 4
Tasks in Progress: 2
Total Points: 60
Goodreads Authors: 0
Big Books: (500)x (750) (1000)

[image error]

message 646: by L (new)

L | 79 comments Nicole wrote: "Sheila wrote: "25 Point Tasks

I'm an avid quilter so this task was an easy one. One of the things that I have done is help document antique quilts..."

I love the Elm Creek quilts books too, have always wanted to make one, and was inspired to try by the Elm Creek books. My first quilt is nearly complete.

night music -- bring on the clowns ♫ (pjreads)

10.1 Author name on 2010 hurricane list
I See You Everywhere by Julia Glass

415 points

BZimm | 153 comments Birish wrote: "15.9 - "You Cannot Open A Book Without Learning Something"
Read Parenting Teens With Love And Logic, I have a 14 year old daughter and I need to learn all I can on dealing with her ..."

Oops, this should have been task 10.9, not 15.9. Sorry!
My total - 10 Points

BZimm | 153 comments 5.4 - Lesser Known Awards - Listened to Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher which won the Florida Teens Read award in 2008.

10.4 - Roll the Dice - Listened to Would You by Marthe Jocelyn. I rolled 164, this book had 165 pages.
My Total - 25 Points

BZimm | 153 comments Birish wrote: "5.4 - Lesser Known Awards - Listened to Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher which won the Florida Teens Read award in 2008.

10.4 - Roll the Dice - Listened to [book:Would You|283420..."

I forgot to mention... Marthe Jocelyn is a **GoodReads Author**

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.