Bookbuying Anonymous discussion

General > What are you currently reading?

Comments (showing 51-100 of 602) (602 new)    post a comment »

Trish Jessica wrote:"ooo. Let me look and see if I still have it and I could send to you or swap or something. It IS funny and I have her other books on my "to read" list. lol "

I have the The Idiot Girls' Action-Adventure Club: True Tales from a Magnificent and Clumsy Life if you want to swap.

Debi (DebJM51) | 445 comments I am almost done listening to Hot Six (Stephanie Plum, #6) by Janet Evanovich.

Cammie | 603 comments I'm reading The Zookeeper's Wife by Diane Ackerman The Map of True Places by Brunonia Barry and Catching Fire (Hunger Games, #2) by Suzanne Collins

Kristina Weber (kristinaweber) | 5 comments I just started In Cold Blood. Debi- you are going to catch up to me befor sizzling sixteen comes in at the library!

Debi (DebJM51) | 445 comments @ Kristina,

I am loving listening to the this series! I find it more enjoyable then reading it, don't know why but I am..smiles. I did finish Hot Six and will be picking up Seven and Eight hopefully this weekend if they are in the library..smiles.

Debi (DebJM51) | 445 comments Can hardly wait to see what you think Wendy!!!smiles.

message 59: by Wendy T (last edited Jul 23, 2010 03:59PM) (new)

Wendy T Tonight I'm going to start The Scent of Rain and Lightning by Nancy Pickard.

Lisa S (kasey_k_fan) Wendy T wrote:' Tonight I'm going to start The Scent of Rain and Lightning by Nancy Pickard. '

Wendy, that book is really good.

Wendy T Lisa S wrote: "Wendy T wrote:' Tonight I'm going to start The Scent of Rain and Lightning by Nancy Pickard. '

Wendy, that book is really good."

Good to hear Lisa, thanks!

Rosabelle Purnama I started reading Airhead by Meg Cabot after finishing Until I Find You, all 924 pages of it.

message 63: by Tracy (last edited Jul 24, 2010 08:03PM) (new)

Tracy I'm reading My Soul to Keep by Rachel Vincent on the Kindle...pretty good so far

Rosabelle Purnama Just finished Airhead and now reading Sundays at Tiffany's by James Patterson

Debi (DebJM51) | 445 comments I just started listening to Magic in the Wind (Drake Sisters,  #1)  by Christine Feehan and reading A Small Fortune by Audrey Braun.

Rosabelle Purnama I finished reading Sundays at Tiffany's by James Patterson loved loved loved this book. it' a wonderful and magical love story..

I'm now currently reading Killer Dreams by Iris Johansen

Trish Rosabelle wrote: "I finished reading Sundays at Tiffany's by James Patterson loved loved loved this book. it' a wonderful and magical love story..."

I am so happy to read this! I bought this book at Borders a few months ago and have yet to read it :)

Kristen (Ru44) I am about halfway through The Map of True Places - I should have finished it last month, but it's been a crazy month and I haven't been doing a lot of reading. Great book so far though.

Wendy T I'm half way through Fingersmith by Sarah Waters. I'm really enjoying this book.

Rosabelle Purnama I just started reading Eragon by Christopher Paolini, the first book in the Inheritance Trilogy. Heard mixed reviews about this one.. so far it's quite okay for me. I've always been interested in stories with dragons in it :) but I'm only 80 pages in..

Wendy T Sometime today I going to start Temperatures Rising by Sandra Brown.

Kasia (KasiaaG) I started reading Eat, Pray, Love... since it was on my to read bookshelf for months, but I'm half way through and cannot get through it.
Also reading Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #2) by Maggie Stiefvater which I think I will be done with today. I think it was better then the first book, but not one of my favorite young adult books.

Rosabelle Purnama Kathy wrote: "I started reading Eat, Pray, Love... since it was on my to read bookshelf for months, but I'm half way through and cannot get through it.
Also reading Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #2) by Maggie Stiefvater which I think I wi..."

Hi Kathy... I've read eat, pray love as well and only enjoyed the first part where she's in Italy.. The India part was bleugh for me. Didn't like it that much.. The part about Bali is also a bit weird from my perspective, living in Indonesia. But I still want to see the movie.. :)

Kasia (KasiaaG) Rosabelle wrote: "Kathy wrote: "I started reading Eat, Pray, Love... since it was on my to read bookshelf for months, but I'm half way through and cannot get through it.
Also reading Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #2) by Maggie Stiefvater whic..."

I know what you mean! I honestly picked up the book because I wanted to read it before the movie came out b/c I know I will go and see it... or at least order it on Netflix. I loved the Italy part... that's how I got halfway through. And then I was halfway done with India and got really bored. So that's where I am now... maybe I'll finish it after Linger and before Mockingjay (Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins

Debi (DebJM51) | 445 comments OKay I have finished 3 books and not sure how many audiobooks since I was last here..but I know I have enjoyed all the books and gave them a 3 to 4 stars.

Now I am reading Faefever and Where Angels Go and enjoying both very much..smiles.

Rosabelle Purnama I'm currently reading Things I Want My Daughters to Know by Elizabeth Noble.. Enjoying it so far

Debi (DebJM51) | 445 comments Not sure what is next for me!!

Lisa S (kasey_k_fan) I'm reading Maisie Dobbs

Tanya | 42 comments New to the group, I'm quite interested to see that I'm not the only one that's having problems with Eat, Pray, Love. I'm almost done with Italy and it's just kind of meh..
I'm also nearly done with Mum's the Word: A Mother's Lessons in Leadership which is a book I'm previewing for work.
In my car I'm listening to The Search - I just started it though, so there's not much going on.
My bedtime book is The Plains of Passage which I'm finding a bit slow. I really REALLY enjoyed the first books in the series, but I just can't get into this one. I've picked it up and read the same first 30 pages twice.
I just finished The Likeness: A Novel this morning, and it was really good. I know there's a new book in the series but I think I might hold off a little bit.

Debi (DebJM51) | 445 comments Welcome Tanya!!!smiles.

message 82: by Lisa S (last edited Aug 17, 2010 04:24PM) (new)

Lisa S (kasey_k_fan) Tanya, I've been thinking of reading The Likeness: A Novel, but I wasn't real crazy about her first one in this series.

Tanya | 42 comments The Likeness was much better than In The Woods. Its actually told from Cassie's point of view which gives it a whole new element. :)

Lisa S (kasey_k_fan) Cool, thanks

Deborah (TheBookishDame) | 26 comments Hi, Everyone! Haven't posted in a while, so...
I've just finished reading Finding Nouf  A Novel (Nayir al-Sharqi, #1) by Zoë Ferraris and simply loved it!! All around great book from the writing style to the story to the information I learned about the Saudi's and the Quran. This book was a murder mystery, and I've seen that Zoe is planning to make this the first of the "Nayir..." (Columbo-type detective) mysteries series she's working on. I'm planning to get all of the books if and when she does publish them. I highly recommend this book for a new, not-to-serious murder mystery. In summary, it's about the death of a teenaged girl of a very wealthy Saudi family who was to be married in an arranged marriage.
Also, just bought "The Tower...." and can't wait to start it! The Tower, The Zoo, and The Tortoise  A Novel by Julia Stuart Don't you think it's worth the purchase just for the cover!!?? :]

Rosabelle Purnama I'm currently reading Chasing the Dime by Michael Connelly

message 87: by Tanya (last edited Aug 24, 2010 05:54PM) (new)

Tanya | 42 comments Just finished The Hunger Games - read it so fast I didn't even have time to add it here!
I might have to sneak out and buy the second one. So much for not purchasing any books lately... Does it count if I get someone else to pay for it? ;)

Still working my way through Eat, Pray, Love, The Search, and The Plains of Passage. I've also added in a simple reread of One for the Money. That should keep me busy for awhile.

Tanya | 42 comments Deborah wrote: "Hi, Everyone! Haven't posted in a while, so...
I've just finished reading Finding Nouf  A Novel (Nayir al-Sharqi, #1) by Zoë Ferraris and simply loved it!! All around great book from the writing style to the story..."

Okay I've added this to my to read list. Sounds great. I'm currently stalking a copy on eBay. :)

Deborah (TheBookishDame) | 26 comments I would send you my copy, Tanya, but I got it from my library on my laptop. Do you have a library card? If you do, you can go online to your library and they will set you up to download a free reader, then you can download about 10 books or audios for your laptop. In addition to my Kindle and Nook, and the books I purchase, I've been using my library like this and I love it!!! Don't have to leave the house. :]

Lisa S (kasey_k_fan) @ Tanya, I would say No it doesn't count if someone else buys it.

Debi (DebJM51) | 445 comments Tanya wrote: "Just finished The Hunger Games - read it so fast I didn't even have time to add it here!
I might have to sneak out and buy the second one. So much for not purchasing any books late..."

Thanks for the giggles Tanya!!!

Deborah (TheBookishDame) | 26 comments I'm reading "The Cookbook Collector" by Allegra Goodman. I previewed the hardback at Borders and had to read it. Uploaded it, and I'm starting it tonight.

Tanya | 42 comments @Deborah - Interesting idea. I'm just so horrible at reading books when I get them from a library. I almost feels like homework.

@Lisa - All right! Now I just have to find someone to buy it! Heading to my nearest Barnes & Noble with a "Will Beg for Books" sign.

@Debi - Glad I could help. :)

Lisa S (kasey_k_fan) LOL Tanya! I never thought about doing that.

message 95: by Deborah (last edited Aug 24, 2010 07:18PM) (new)

Deborah (TheBookishDame) | 26 comments Tanya, when you have a book (from the library or whatever, wherever), in your home, in your lap, on your laptop to read....it's not homework!! LOL Especially when you don't have to take it back (they do all that when it expires in 14 days) and you have NO late fees!!! Yay!! And, you can read them, skim them, review them....or not. :] And, the best thing of all is that they are sometimes the newest books and you don't even have to pay a dime to read them.
Nor do you have to buy a Kindle, Nook, Reader, or Sony, or anything else.

Tanya | 42 comments I just got home from buying Mockingjay. I just finished a borrowed copy of Cathcing Fire, and I couldn't resist. Ugh, I hate myself (but I'm soooo happy!)
No more typing, must read!

Rosabelle Purnama I've been traveling this week and managed to finish Smoke and Shadows by Tanya Huff.. It was just an okay read for me. I started reading The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong yesterday on the plane back home. Only about 50 pages in, but it was good so far.

Deborah (TheBookishDame) | 26 comments I've been listening to "Girl in Translation," "Wind In the Willows," and reading some collection of Vampire short stories edited by Laurell Hamilton (which name I can't recall!)...feeling a little schizy!

message 99: by Tanya (last edited Aug 30, 2010 10:49PM) (new)

Tanya | 42 comments Devoured Mockingjay, and I'm 1/2 way through both The Search and Dead Until Dark. They're both audio though, so I'm debating if I want to try to get back into The Plains of Passage or start Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone and the rest of the series again. :)

Tanya | 42 comments The Plains of Passage won. I'm only about 90 pages in, but I'm determined to get through this one. I've enjoyed the others so much, I just need to dedicate the time.