Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > What are you watching on television right now?

Comments (showing 201-250 of 2,975) (2975 new)    post a comment »

message 201: by RandomAnthony (last edited Sep 04, 2010 06:37AM) (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I've seen Covert Affairs, YC...it's pretty good, I agree, in a craptastic way.

Monday is Anthony Bourdain's 100th episode. Last week they did a cool "Making of" episode, showing how they put together an average episode. I think this week is from Paris.

When does 30 Rock start up with new episodes again?

Lobstergirl | 21710 comments Does anyone remember the name of that Canadian tv show that satirized the media? It was on our public tv station maybe 5 years ago. It was hilarious. It was about a Canadian tv news station and the asshole editor/producer, the vapid news anchor, the staffers, etc.

Félix (habitseven) | 23957 comments There's Canadian TV?

Stacia (the 2010 club) (Stacia_R) I heard it's where American television goes to die.

Lobstergirl | 21710 comments Cruel, cruel! Did you guys never watch The Kids in the Hall?

message 206: by Barb (new)

Barb | 11232 comments Mod
Oh LG, I know exactly what show you're talking about but I can't remember what it was called. The producer - who was the lead character I believe - cracked me up.
I used to love love love Kids in the Hall and if I could see Larry right now, I'd sooooo be crushing his head!

message 207: by Lobstergirl (last edited Sep 04, 2010 05:59PM) (new)

Lobstergirl | 21710 comments The Newsroom. (I guess the name was just too obvious to be remembered.) Ken Finkleman is the main character.

Lori (Hellian) I'm getting into Rubicon.

Lobstergirl | 21710 comments I just watched an episode of Inspector Lewis....I love Inspector Lewis...

message 210: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11390 comments I've just watched five more episodes of the BBC production of Robin Hood. I like it. Still four more eps to go in season one.

message 211: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "I just watched an episode of Inspector Lewis....I love Inspector Lewis..."

I have seen the Last 3 Inspector Lewis's, a really nice series they have going on Masterpiece Mystery.

Lobstergirl | 21710 comments YES. Need to convert more people to Inspector Lewis. I have begun reading the Inspector Morse series so at some point I'll have to watch all of those too.

message 213: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "YES. Need to convert more people to Inspector Lewis. I have begun reading the Inspector Morse series so at some point I'll have to watch all of those too."

I thought I saw that this series was based off of the Inspector Morse series, or did I read that wrong.

Lobstergirl | 21710 comments Yes, it is. A spinoff. Morse was Inspector Lewis's superior. Inspector Lewis was also in the Morse series. I believe Hathaway is a new character, though.

message 215: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11390 comments My wife spent time over the weekend watching season one of "Lie to Me" (streamed via Netflix). She likes it, so is watching for season two to show up in their system.

Dr. Detroit | 5875 comments "Witness: Katrina" - documentary mostly comprised of video shot by the people who lived through it.

On cable. Forget which channel.

message 217: by Barb (new)

Survivor starts next Wednesday ... anyone? anyone?

message 218: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Barb wrote: "Survivor starts next Wednesday ... anyone? anyone?"

Me, Me! I wished they hadn't switched nights even though it will work out nicely while HS football season is in full swing.

message 219: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Me, Me! I wished they hadn't switched nights, even though it will work out nicely while HS football is in full swing.

Sarah | 13810 comments Jim is so excited to be back he's commenting twice.

I watched the first episode of Mad Men last night. I thought it was well written, and the sexism and anti-semitism was irritating but of its time. I'll watch a couple more and decide whether I'll continue.

message 221: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11390 comments We'll be watching Survivor. I didn't realize it was already (nearly) here.

janine | 7712 comments Sarah Pi wrote: "Jim is so excited to be back he's commenting twice.

I watched the first episode of Mad Men last night. I thought it was well written, and the sexism and anti-semitism was irritating but of its tim..."

i'm really enjoying this season so far. this week's episode may have been the best.

Lobstergirl | 21710 comments I'll try to watch America's Next Top Model. I don't know when it premieres.

message 224: by Barb (new)

I watch that one too LG ... I only watch it for the photo shoots; some of them are actually quite artistic.
Now if only we could get Top Model without Tyra Banks ... Canada's Next Top Model has used Jay Manuel as the host the past couple of seasons, and he's waaaaay better.

Lobstergirl | 21710 comments I love Jay Manuel. I also really miss whatshisname....the black cross-dresser....

I watch it for the entire thing, but the photo shoots are definitely the best. I think it's quite well done, actually. I guess some of the credit for that has to go to Tyra, but she is quite a terrible host.

The show has taught me that modeling is much harder than it looks! Now sometimes when I see ads in W and elsewhere I think, "that photo would never pass muster on ANTM. That girl would be gone."

ms.petra (mspetra) | 3227 comments I love Survivor and will be watching! It is the old people against the young people this time around. I would love to go on this show!

message 227: by Barb (new)

Lobstergirl wrote: "I also really miss whatshisname....the black cross-dresser..."

That would be Miss J - and I miss her / him too. It's just not the same with that other blow-hard they hired instead.
*stomps feet like spoilt super model*

message 228: by Barb (new)

ms.petra wrote: "I love Survivor and will be watching! It is the old people against the young people this time around. I would love to go on this show!"

It's gonna be really hard to beat last season - it was pretty damned kick-ass. The bar has been set high.

ms.petra (mspetra) | 3227 comments @ Lobstergirl. My daughter loves ANTM so I got hooked on it as well. Miss J was awesome. I can barely wear kitten heels and walk, so seeing those girls walk down a runway in 4 or 5 inch heels made me really respect them. I must say I just bought a pair of those really cute platform heels and I can actually wear them so watch out world!

Lobstergirl | 21710 comments Barb wrote: "Lobstergirl wrote: "I also really miss whatshisname....the black cross-dresser..."

That would be Miss J - and I miss her / him too. It's just not the same with that other blow-hard they hired i..."

I like Andre Leon Talley too, but it's hard to compete with Miss J.

Lobstergirl | 21710 comments ms.petra wrote: "@ Lobstergirl. My daughter loves ANTM so I got hooked on it as well. Miss J was awesome. I can barely wear kitten heels and walk, so seeing those girls walk down a runway in 4 or 5 inch heels made ..."

It's a skill, fersure.

Dr. Detroit | 5875 comments Last night, after the insomnia took me, an ExtenZe infomercial.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (Stacia_R) I like Top Model and Project Runway both, but only the last half hour of the show. For model, I like the picture taking/critiquing, and for Runway I like the fashion show/critiquing.

The first half hour where people are arguing, being petty and going on about random stuff that has nothing to do with anything bores me and I won't watch it.

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I taped Nikita on the CW last night solely because I think Maggie Q is hot.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (Stacia_R) Did you watch it yet? If so, how is it?

Lori (Hellian) Yeah I wanna know that too, Richard taped it.

You guys are missing out on Rubicon!

My husband loves Survivor. I hate it. Because of people like whashisname - Russell? The liar asshat. Oh and that slay the dragon guy. Richard and Jake loved that Russell guy.

Lobstergirl | 21710 comments I watched the first few seasons of Survivor but now it just holds zero interest for me. All the alliance building, the conniving, the coconut chopping....snooze.

message 238: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11390 comments I loved Russell, too. He had ZERO chance of winning, no matter what the jury, but the methods he employed to get through the game were legendary.

message 239: by Barb (new)

The only point I give Russell is for being entertaining, he sure made things intersting. Beyond that he was a chauventistic little troll, and I love that he was beaten by women both times he played. Yes, he the self proclaimed KING of Survivor beaten by stupid women twice!

ms.petra (mspetra) | 3227 comments I think Russell should have won his first time. He was robbed.

message 241: by Barb (new)

ms.petra wrote: "I think Russell should have won his first time. He was robbed."

I beg to differ! He didn't get the votes, and that's a VERY big part of the game - it's how the win the damned thing. He (and his fans) fail to realize that it's a game of balancing treachery with likeability and respect earned.

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Stacia wrote: "Did you watch it yet? If so, how is it?"

Nikita was ok...sort of an Alias/Dollhouse clone. I doubt it'll last long.

janine | 7712 comments RandomAnthony wrote: "Stacia wrote: "Did you watch it yet? If so, how is it?"

Nikita was ok...sort of an Alias/Dollhouse clone. I doubt it'll last long."

yes, very dollhouse-ish.

Lori (Hellian) Aw I was tentatively excited about it. The movie was excellent. I heard the original TV series was good too.

message 245: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments RandomAnthony wrote: "Stacia wrote: "Did you watch it yet? If so, how is it?"

Nikita was ok...sort of an Alias/Dollhouse clone. I doubt it'll last long."

I agree, unless it picks things up it will be short term.

Lobstergirl | 21710 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "YES. Need to convert more people to Inspector Lewis. I have begun reading the Inspector Morse series so at some point I'll have to watch all of those too."

STAB, my PBS station is doing pledge programming tonight instead of Inspector Lewis. And it looks like they are skipping from episode 1 last week to episode 3 next week. FEELING HOMICIDAL !!

message 247: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Oh bummer LG, no spoilers, but it was a good one this week.

Lobstergirl | 21710 comments Jim wrote: "Oh bummer LG, no spoilers, but it was a good one this week."

Which one was it? Scroll down to season 4 -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lewis_%2...

Lobstergirl | 21710 comments I emailed my station and it turns out they are showing 3 of them this weekend, the final one from Series 3 and #2-3 from Series 4. So that's good.

message 250: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Series 4 - #2 - Dark Matter

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.