Pendergast Task Force discussion

Relic > Favorite Pendergast book

Comments (showing 1-37 of 37) (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shannon (new)

Shannon Lanier What is your favorite Pendergast book? The Relic thru Cemertery Dance, since Fever Dream is still too new.

message 2: by Larry (new)

Larry (LT300000) I am partial to the "Diogenes trilogy", i.e., Brimstone, Dance of Death, and The Book of the Dead. But, my favorite single book so far is Still Life with Crows. Its great seeing Pendergast in solo action once in a while.
I have Fever Dream on pre-order for 6 months now, so I am really looking forward to getting my hands on it soon.

message 3: by Kate (new)

Kate (kshiv) | 12 comments The Book of the Dead was the first one I read. It's still my favorite. Someone gave it to me and I didn't know it was part of a series. i read it and fell in love with Pendergast. Then I read all the Preston/Child books. I a looking forward to reading fever Dream this weekend.

message 4: by Gail (new)

Gail (wwwgoodreadscomgail303) | 9 comments I like Still Life with Crows best also. The characters jump off the page! The location becomes so real it could be my back yard, and the plot isn't bad either!

message 5: by Anna-sofie (new)

Anna-sofie | 17 comments To now I think book of dead is best:) But I missing the well of darkness and cemertery dance and I the new one to read I'am reading Still life with crows now;)

message 6: by Anna-sofie (new)

Anna-sofie | 17 comments I just finish Still life with crow and I just love it:) Now I'am reading The whell of darkness;)

message 7: by Phaedrus (new)

Phaedrus (Phaed10) | 1 comments The Trilogy is great, but my favorite is "Cabinet of Curiosities"

message 8: by Anna-sofie (new)

Anna-sofie | 17 comments Yah this is a great book:)I love them all.

message 9: by Miriam B. (new)

Miriam B. Sayer (Sleepwalker23) | 4 comments Definetely Still LIfe With Crows, then Cabinet of Curiosities. I was on the authors website, when they had the wonderful idea of creating Constance- so they made a minor change to include her into the paperback edition of C.O.C, which I thought was brilliant!

message 10: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (AshnPhx) | 7 comments I have to say Brimstone because I picked it up by chance one day at the bookstore, not knowing it was a little bit into series, it was the book that got me obsessed with this series. Love all the characters, even the bad ones b/c they are ohhh so bad, love the sections of the books were it is from their point of view so you get more of that twisted mind before jumping back to our fantastic heros.

message 11: by Gatorman (new)

Gatorman | 28 comments I would choose Still Life, then Relic.

message 12: by Bridget (new)

Bridget (bekeown) | 6 comments For me, it would either be Still Life With Crows, mostly for the Pendergast/Corrie relationship, or Reliquary. Not the strongest book in the series by any stretch, but I love the Astor Tunnels scenes and the idea of Pendergast with a flame-thrower never ceases to make me perversely happy.

message 13: by Tad (last edited Aug 11, 2011 08:24AM) (new)

Tad (tottman) | 3 comments I agree with all the recommendations for Still Life with Crows. I've always thought it was underrated. I also agree that the Astor Tunnels in Reliquary were great, but The Cabinet of Curiosities is probably my second favorite.

message 14: by Bridget (new)

Bridget (bekeown) | 6 comments I really enjoyed Cabinet, too, but I was always sad that Pendergast never got to chat with Great Uncle Leng. I bet THAT would have been a memorable discussion! :)

message 15: by Tiffanie (new)

Tiffanie | 22 comments I loved Cabinet and Still Life the most. But have read the whole series 3 times.

message 16: by Aaron (new)

Aaron Mollenkopf (NUMAtrekkie) | 1 comments Well, not to echo everyone too much, but I'd say my favorite was Cabinet of Curiosities, and second probably Still Life with Crows, or Book of the Dead. Still Life was my first Pendergast, and still ranks right up there. I find it a bit strange no one mentioned Wheel of Darkness at all.....

message 17: by Raj (new)

Raj (koolkat67) | 2 comments Relic for sure!

message 18: by N (new)

N Schiff | 5 comments Still Life with Crows ..... love the humor, plus a great showcase for his compelling qualities. Also loved the Trilogy.

I'm pretty obsessed at this point - read Cabinet of Curiosities about 3 months ago, and had to go back and read all the Pendergast novels in order, which sadly for me, I completed just as Cold Vengeance came out. Can't believe I have to wait now to feed my addiction until the conclusion of the current trilogy! Sad..... need more sooner than a year from now!

message 19: by Bryan (new)

Bryan (Yankeehawk) | 8 comments I am quite partial to the ice limit and riptide myself

message 20: by Wanda (new)

Wanda Steele | 2 comments Cabinet of Curiosities has always been and always will be the best to me and I have read them all and am axiously awaiting the next one.

message 21: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (dwell_ondreams) | 5 comments Still Life or Cabinet. I don't know that I could really choose one over the other.

Still Life has a hauntingly beautiful ending & I love Corrie & Pendergast.

Cabinet has the fascinating history & Pendergast's memory walking. . .

message 22: by Gatorman (new)

Gatorman | 28 comments Just finished Extraction. A rather pointless short story. Gave it 2 stars.

message 23: by Phyllis (new)

Phyllis (PhyllisBrannin) | 29 comments Just an FYI -- The newest Preston & Child book Two Graves by Douglas Preston.Two Graves comes out December 11, 2012.
Anyone who lives in the Phoenix AZ area, they are having a book signing at the Biltmore in Scottsdale AZ. I can't make it to the signing but I did order my signed book

message 24: by Gatorman (new)

Gatorman | 28 comments Just purchased Two Graves. Hope to start it soon.

message 25: by Phyllis (new)

Phyllis (PhyllisBrannin) | 29 comments I just picked up my signed edition today. I am only about halfway thru the series so I will be awhile before I will read it.

message 26: by Phyllis (new)

Phyllis (PhyllisBrannin) | 29 comments I haven't read all of them but so far I would have to say Cabinet of Curiosities has to be my favorite so far.

message 27: by Tiffanie (new)

Tiffanie | 22 comments Gatorman wrote: "Just purchased Two Graves. Hope to start it soon."

I just tried to buy Two Graves at the Barnes & Nobel by my work. They were sold out.

message 28: by Kasia (new)

Kasia (Kasia_S) Hard to pick but I'd say Cabinet of Curiosities, then Brimstone and then Book of the Dead, but he's been brilliant in all of them.

message 29: by TJ (new)

TJ (Coachtim30) | 1 comments I'll go with Reliquary with Still Life With Crows a very close second.

message 30: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (dwell_ondreams) | 5 comments Finished Two Graves a few days ago. It was awesome, I loved it. It's not my favorite, but it's very well done & the plot flows really well.

message 31: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Nakasone | 1 comments Yeah gotta be Still Life. As unrealistic as it was.

message 32: by Aileen (new)

Aileen (agm009) | 1 comments Dany wrote: "I tie with Cabinet of Curiosities and Still Life with Crows."

same here, those were my top two.

message 33: by Phyllis (new)

Phyllis (PhyllisBrannin) | 29 comments I would agree except I just finished Cemetery Dance and I thought it was great.

message 34: by Teresa (new)

Teresa | 1 comments Great books they need too make a movie

message 35: by Pamela (new)

Pamela | 1 comments Cabinet of Curiosities is by far my favorite book
Followed by Still Life With Crows. I absolutely love(and devour) these books.

message 36: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 1 comments Cabinet of Curiosities and Relic are probably my favorites, but with Pendergast, that's an almost impossible choice!

message 37: by Chris Apolant (new)

Chris Apolant | 1 comments Brimstone is my definite favorite, but just about every other book in the series is a close second ;)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Still Life With Crows (other topics)
Reliquary (other topics)
The Cabinet of Curiosities (other topics)
Extraction (other topics)
Two Graves (other topics)
More...