Books are my life... discussion

ARCHIVES > Sookie Stackhouse

Comments (showing 1-17 of 17) (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather B, Your Moderator (new)

Heather B (HeatherBenson) | 1345 comments Mod
Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse, #1) by Charlaine Harris
Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris
Sookie Stackhouse is a cocktail waitress in small-town Louisiana, but she keeps to herself and doesn't date much because of her "disability" to read minds. When she meets Bill, Sookie can't hear a word he's thinking. He's the type of guy she's waited for all of her life, but he has a disability, too--he's a vampire with a bad reputation. When one of Sookie's coworkers is killed, she fears she's next.

Living Dead in Dallas (Sookie Stackhouse, #2) by Charlaine Harris
Living Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris
Waiting tables, sweeping floors, reading minds and solving mysteries for the undead. It's all in a day's work for Sookie...

Cocktail waitress Sookie Stackhouse is on a streak of real bad luck. First, her co-worker gets murdered and no one seems to care. Then Sookie is attacked - and poisoned - late one night by some weird and apparently mythical beast. She only survives because the local vampires roll up and graciously suck the poison from her veins (like they didn't enjoy it). But in return the blood-suckers need a favor.

Which is why Sookie ends up in Dallas, using her telepathic skills to search for a missing vampire, on the condition that her undead friends don't do anything, well, vampiric while she's there. Easier said than done. All it takes is one delicious blonde and one small mistake for things to turn deadly...

Club Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #3) by Charlaine Harris
Club Dead by Charlaine Harris
Things between cocktail waitress Sookie and her vampire boyfriend Bill seem to be going excellently (apart from the small matter of him being undead) until he leaves town for a while. A long while. Bill's sinister boss Eric has an idea of where to find him, whisking her off to Jackson, Mississippi to mingle with the under-underworld at Club Dead. When she finally catches up with the errant vampire, he is in big trouble and caught in an act of serious betrayal. This raises serious doubts as to whether she should save him or start sharpening a few stakes of her own ...

Dead to the World (Sookie Stackhouse, #4) by Charlaine Harris
Dead to the World by Charlaine Harris
When cocktail waitress Sookie Stackhouse sees a naked man on the side of the road, she doesn't just drive on by. Turns out the poor thing hasn't a clue who he is, but Sookie does. It's Eric the vampire--but now he's a kinder, gentler Eric. And a scared Eric, because whoever took his memory now wants his life.

Dead as a Doornail (Sookie Stackhouse, #5) by Charlaine Harris
Dead as a Doornail by Charlaine Harris
"Sookie Stackhouse is a cocktail waitress in small-town Louisiana. She's pretty and well-mannered and has only a few close friends - which isn't surprising, since not many people can appreciate Sookie's abilities as a mind reader. It's not a quality that has the guys beating down her door - unless they're vampires, werewolves, or other supernatural beings. And now some of them aren't just friendly - they're family." "When Sookie sees her brother Jason's eyes start to change, she knows he's about to turn into a werepanther for the first time - a transformation he embraces more readily than most shapeshifters she's known. But her concern for her brother becomes cold fear when a sniper sets his deadly sights on the local changeling population - and Jason's new panther brethren suspect he may be the shooter." Now, Sookie has until the next full moon to find out who's behind the attacks - unless the killer decides to find her first.

Definitely Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #6) by Charlaine Harris
Definitely Dead by Charlaine Harris
The new Sookie Stackhouse novel from the New York Times bestselling author of Dead as a Doornail.

Spiked with a "frothy fusion of romance, mystery, and fantasy" (Publishers Weekly), this "deliciously fiendish...increasingly riotous series" (Dallas Morning News) sends the supernaturally gifted cocktail waitress to New Orleans, where she has to deal with the legacy of one of her own family and a host of potentially dangerous characters.

All Together Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #7) by Charlaine Harris
All Together Dead by Charlaine Harris
Betrayed by her longtime vampire love, Louisiana cocktail waitress Sookie Stackhouse must now not only deal with a possible new man in her life-the oh-so-handsome shapeshifter Quinn-but also contend with a long-planned vampire summit. With her power base weakened by hurricane damage to New Orleans, the local vampire queen is vulnerable to those hungry for a takeover. Soon, Sookie must decide what side she'll stand with. And her choice may mean the difference between survival and all-out catastrophe.

From Dead to Worse (Sookie Stackhouse, #8) by Charlaine Harris
From Dead to Worse by Charlaine Harris
"The supernatural community in Bon Temps, Louisiana, is reeling from two hard blows - the natural disaster of Hurricane Katrina and the man-made horror of the explosion at the vampire summit the month before in the up-north city of Rhodes. Sookie Stackhouse is safe but dazed, yearning for things to get back to normal. But that's just not happening. Too many vampires - some friends, some not - were killed or injured, and her weretiger boyfriend, Quinn, is among the missing." "It's clear that things are changing, whether the Weres and vamps of her corner of Louisiana like it or not. And Sookie - friend of the pack and blood-bonded to Eric Northman, the leader of the local vampire community - is caught up in the changes." In the ensuing battles, Sookie faces danger, death... and, once more, betrayal by someone she loves. And when the fur has finished flying and the cold blood flowing, her world will be forever altered.

Dead and Gone (Sookie Stackhouse, #9) by Charlaine Harris
Dead and Gone by Charlaine Harris
Now an HBO original series, True Blood-the New York Times bestselling Sookie Stackhouse series continues.

Except for Sookie Stackhouse, folks in Bon Temps, Louisiana, know little about vamps-and nothing about weres.

Until now. The weres and shifters have finally decided to reveal their existence to the ordinary world. At first all goes well. Then the mutilated body of a were-panther is found near the bar where Sookie works-and she feels compelled to discover who, human or otherwise, did it.

But there's a far greater danger threatening Bon Temps. A race of unhuman beings-older, more powerful, and more secretive than vampires or werewolves-is preparing for war. And Sookie finds herself an all-too human pawn in their battle.

message 2: by OmG_iTs_LiZaRd (new)

OmG_iTs_LiZaRd One of my fav series

message 3: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 38 comments I love this series. This is the series that had me reading paranormal again.

message 4: by OmG_iTs_LiZaRd (new)

OmG_iTs_LiZaRd I like the books better then the show

message 5: by Heather B, Your Moderator (new)

Heather B (HeatherBenson) | 1345 comments Mod
I've been thinking about reading this series for a while now but never seem to.

message 6: by Stacie (new)

Stacie I can't seem to get into the books Ive read the first 2 but can't seem to want to read the 3rd. -------------------------SPOILER--------------- after Bill left i was disappointed and I haven't really liked Erics character does it get better?

message 7: by Jessica B (new)

Jessica B This series is amazing! I love all of the characters... and to be honest I love Eric. And he just keeps getting better and better.

I love this series so much that I even named my cat Sookie!!

message 9: by Sherri (new)

Sherri (SherriJ2003) I've read the first 4 and love them!!!

message 10: by Stacie (new)

Stacie So I got past the 3rd book & now I really like em!!!

message 11: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (MadgeMaidenHell) I love EVERY one of these books!!

Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten) (RachyBee) Amanda wrote: "I love EVERY one of these books!!"

Ditto! I'm totally Team Eric. I NEVER liked Bill all too much. I'm looking forward to the next book.

message 13: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (MadgeMaidenHell) Rachel wrote: "Amanda wrote: "I love EVERY one of these books!!"

Ditto! I'm totally Team Eric. I NEVER liked Bill all too much. I'm looking forward to the next book."

Team Eric all the way! I also kind of love Alcide!

Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten) (RachyBee) Yeah! Go Eric!!
I loved Alcide too, but the way he's been acting since the whole pack thing has been annoying me. I want the Alcide from early on back.

message 15: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (MadgeMaidenHell) Agrees! Alcide in the beginning was yummmmm...

Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten) (RachyBee) I know. Even though i love Eric for a moment i was all for Sookie to be with him..... but it never happened.

message 17: by Robin (new)

Robin (auntrobin) Team Eric!!Starting reading and couldn't get enough. One of my favorite series.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Dead Until Dark (other topics)
All Together Dead (other topics)
Dead to the World (other topics)
Definitely Dead (other topics)
Dead as a Doornail (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Charlaine Harris (other topics)