Paranormal Addicts & Newbies discussion

Discussion Archive > Storm Born - Richelle Mead

Comments (showing 1-28 of 28) (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mariya (new)

message 2: by Susan (Suz) (new)

Susan (Suz) (sharney) I recently read Storm Born and went into it totally not knowing what to expect and ended up really liking it!! This is the first series by Richelle Mead that I have read and am looking forward to Thorn Queen and her other series for sure!!!

message 3: by Marissa (new)

Marissa (Millionmph) Oh Susan, if you like Storm Born then you will love Thorn Queen, just be warned...the next book in the series wont be out until mid 2011 I believe. But so worth it! Enjoy.

message 4: by Diane (new)

Diane | 70 comments I have Storm Born (Dark Swan, #1) by Richelle Mead and Thorn Queen (Dark Swan, #2) by Richelle Mead which I think are the UK editions/covers. I've read and loved Storm Born and am going to read Thorn Queen before the year's end. This was also my first intro to Richelle Mead and will be looking out for more of her books/series.

message 5: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) i like the uk cover way better than the us ones. storm born's actualy look the exact same but thorn queen uk cover looks amazing. i've just started storm born but havent gotten to far into it yet, but iam loving it..ive have work everyday this week! give me a day off!!!!!

message 6: by Susan (Suz) (new)

Susan (Suz) (sharney) Marissa wrote: "Oh Susan, if you like Storm Born then you will love Thorn Queen, just be warned...the next book in the series wont be out until mid 2011 I believe. But so worth it! Enjoy."

Thanks Marissa I can't wait to read it!!! Hate that we have to wait so long for the next book tho!:(:(

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} (amyorames) | 276 comments I really enjoyed reading these books. The second one was darker but oh so much better, loved it! I can't wait for Iron Crowned.

message 8: by Leigh (new)

Leigh (llogan24) So, Ames - who is your fav leading man??? Dorian or Kiyo? :)

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} (amyorames) | 276 comments Dorian, Dorian, Dorian! It was never going to work with Kiyo -he was a coward. Dorian may have an agenda but he's proved himself so many times.

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} (amyorames) | 276 comments And Dorian has and is defending Eugenie's honour, when Kiyo just stood by and did nothing. Dorian's risked everything for her - he's definitely The Man!

message 11: by Leigh (new)

Leigh (llogan24) ITA w/ everything you said, Ames!!!! :) I love that Oak King. Have you seen or read what Mead has recently said about Iron Crowned?? She just finished it, and it got sent off to her editor, and she said that IC is just like the other 3rd books in her other series...that it is the WTF book! I don't know if my heart can handle many more of those...I think she needs to start putting disclaimers on her series! lol!

message 12: by Marissa (new)

Marissa (Millionmph) I cant wait for Iron Crowned and more Dorian!(Less whiny Kiyo please)
I read Richelle's website that the next Dark Swan book will be coming out right on the heels of Iron Crowned because of the delay in the book releases. So maybe we will get 2 in one year like the VA series?!? Makes me want to squeal with delight just at the thought!

message 13: by Leigh (new)

Leigh (llogan24) I agree!!! My only concern is when we might receive the next and final Georgina book. That's one I just gotta have!!!! :)

message 14: by Natasha (new)

Natasha (TashaJ) | 2 comments I agree Marissa!
I cannot wait for Iron Crowned. And I like Dorian wayyy more! I can't wait to see what happens next.
I want more Richelle Mead!

message 15: by Marissa (new)

Marissa (Millionmph) LOL I'm only on book 2 of the Georgina series. I loved Roman and I think thats keeping me from enjoying this one as much as the first...trying for no spoilers just in case. :)
I just cant believe Richelle can keep up with 3 completely different series. Its amazing to me!

message 16: by Natasha (new)

Natasha (TashaJ) | 2 comments I know! And they are all amazing. You'd think at least ONE would be blah... but no way! They all rock. She's brilliant!

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} (amyorames) | 276 comments Marissa wrote: "LOL I'm only on book 2 of the Georgina series. I loved Roman and I think thats keeping me from enjoying this one as much as the first...trying for no spoilers just in case. :)
I just cant believe ..."

I loved Roman too! That's why I haven't been able to face reading the second book. Seth seemed kind of boring in comparison.

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} (amyorames) | 276 comments Leigh wrote: "ITA w/ everything you said, Ames!!!! :) I love that Oak King. Have you seen or read what Mead has recently said about Iron Crowned?? She just finished it, and it got sent off to her editor, and ..."

I've heard that there are only 4 books in the Dark Swan series so the WTF can't be too disruptive if we're going to have a satisfying ending.

***Potential spoilers below***

People have been predicting all sorts of things but the theory I have my money on is the one that Eugenie's vision comes true - the one where she's holding a baby with Dorian standing by her side as she commands an army. I'm guessing that vision could be about the upcoming war.

message 19: by Marissa (last edited Jun 12, 2010 07:04PM) (new)

Marissa (Millionmph) I would love to see little Eugenie & Dorian babies! How scary powerful would that kid be? :O
Amy, I heard that Roman "might" come back so I'm pushing through waiting...LOL.

Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽  | 53 comments I agree w/almost everything everyone has said...LOVE Richelle Mead BUT i cant be the only one that thinks something is up w/Dorian!!!! IDK what it is but there is something going on and it is sooo bugging me...LOL.

message 21: by Marissa (last edited Jun 13, 2010 08:08AM) (new)

Marissa (Millionmph) ~~~~~~~SLIGHT-RELATIONSHIP-SPOILERS-AHEAD~~~~~~~~

I think we are just lead to believe Dorian may have sinister motives, just to keep him slightly on the outskirts of REAL relationship material. Otherwise the love triangle wouldn't really be relative because Dorian would be THE perfect king to her queen and Kiyo is just some annoying, weak-willed gnat to swat aside. Oh wait, isn't it already like that? LOL
Maybe I'm just in a weird mood today. :X

message 22: by Crystal (new)

Crystal (crys25) | 1 comments I love Richelle Mead-she is awesome. I'm a total Dorian fan and I think a large part of why I like him is because he is a sort of anti-hero (I seem to have a strange fixation with this sort of character-I wonder what that says about my husband?) part of what makes them so titallating and mysterious and compelling is you don't know what their motivations are. You have no idea what to expect from them next-they are the x factor. I find the white knights a little bland and boring-give me a sexy, sarcastic, bad boy anti-hero any day.

message 23: by Marissa (last edited Jun 13, 2010 04:35PM) (new)

Marissa (Millionmph) I agree Crystal. Its why I'm having such a problem with Seth. Boring with a capital snore. I'll take the excitement, mystery and passion any day.

message 24: by Cupcake Cassie (new)

Cupcake Cassie (faith_isola) | 319 comments I have the first one ready to read, and hope it get to it soon :)

message 25: by Juliette (new)

Juliette (Juliette614) | 31 comments I was so so sadly disappointed after Shadow Heir. I absolutely loved the first 3, but the ending of the last book, in my opinion sucked. I love Richelle Mead, but lately I have been really let down. I really hope her next adult series is good. *sigh*!

Shera (Book Whispers) (SheraBookWhispers) | 2530 comments In my mind it's hard to find a good closing book for any series.

message 27: by Johanna (new)

Johanna (jothie) | 16 comments I've read the complete series and it's one of my favorite. I like that she goes unconventional ways with her plot and characters. Yes, the last book was a bit odd, but I get make my peace with it. ;)

message 28: by Grace (new)

Grace | 5 comments I read all the series and I really liked it. Loved Dorian from the begging so I'm in peace. :)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Thorn Queen (other topics)
Storm Born (other topics)
Thorn Queen (other topics)
Storm Born (other topics)
Iron Crowned (other topics)