M/T Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > Ann's April *and March Books

Comments (showing 1-8 of 8) (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ann (last edited May 01, 2010 04:38PM) (new)

Ann (AnnRumsey) | 5844 comments I am going to combine my March and April books read as I never got around to posting of the two I read last month.

Blaze: A Novel
Undone
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
Aunt Dimity's Death
The Black Echo
Split Image
Breathless
Flirt
Think Twice
Bachman, Richard Blaze
Finished 3/21/2010 9 of 10 listened to Audio you knew what would happen, but it was very thought provoking as to why it had to happen.

Slaughter, Karin Undone
Finished 4/4/2010 9+ of 10 Will Trent, Faith and Sara, deeply emotional

Grahame-Smith, Seth Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
Finished 3/11/2010 audio 9 of 10 I loved this book! wild and startling mayhem and fun in unexpected places! what a hoot!

Atherton, Nancy Aunt Dimity's Death
Finished 4/10/2010 9- of 10 the last book I read with Mom, we both really enjoyed this one.

Connelly, Michael The Black Echo
Finished 4/5/2010 audio 9+ of 10 Somehow I had read all but this one, the first Harry Bosch book, now rectified.

Parker, Robert B. Split Image
Finished 4/13/2010 9 of 10 very enjoyable Jesse Stone with Sunny Randall

Koontz, Dean Breathless
Finished 4/14/2010 9 of 10 quite an intriguing book not what it seemed at first

Hamilton, Laurell K. Flirt
Finished 4/6/2010 8+ of 10 #18 Anita short, light story

Scottoline, Lisa Think Twice
Finished 4/25/2010 9+ of 10 Identity theft Bennie goes after Alice and realizes not many people really know her well at all.

Dawn | 497 comments I loved Undone as well and was a little sorry to catch up to the end of the series. Liked how Slaughter tied Will and Faith into Sara's storyline and hope to see where this leads us....Sara and Will? Please not Lena and Will!

Donna/annodluvsbks (annodluvsbks) | 99 comments Dawn wrote: " Liked how Slaughter tied Will and Faith into Sara's storyline and hope to see where this leads us....Sara and Will? Please not Lena and Will!
"

Amen to that!

Melodie (MelodieCO) | 2175 comments I don't think I've read THE BLACK ECHO either. Should add it my TBR list!

Ann (AnnRumsey) | 5844 comments Melodie:
I was glad to read it finally, especially after the talk Michael Connelly gave a few weeks ago here on how he started the Harry Bosch series. It was a little dated compared to more contemporary books in the series (pagers and no cell phones) and for this UOOOR a revelation on the first contact he had with Eleanor Wish!

Melodie wrote: "I don't think I've read THE BLACK ECHO either. Should add it my TBR list!"

Susie in KS Fevella (SusieinKS) | 1025 comments Lots of good books Ann! That Aunt Dimity book was one of my favorites ;)

Ann (AnnRumsey) | 5844 comments Dawn:
I liked the interweaving of the two series as well, and am perfectly ok with Will and Sara. I do feel sorry for Lena, I guess I hold an opinion similar to Jeffrey's opinion of her -- but she is not for Will!

Dawn wrote: "I loved Undone as well and was a little sorry to catch up to the end of the series. Liked how Slaughter tied Will and Faith into Sara's storyline and hope to see where this leads us....Sara and Will..."

Dawn | 497 comments Ann, I agree with you as I do feel sorry for Lena too. I had a hard time understanding why Sara hated her so much before, although I guess I can understand it now. I would just hate to see her self destruction tendencies near Will...he has enough of that in his life! Okay, now I'm really anxious for the next book!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Blaze (other topics)
Split Image (other topics)
Think Twice (other topics)
Flirt (other topics)
The Black Echo (other topics)
More...