Dangerous Hero Addict Support Group discussion

Food for Thought > Good Bad Boy Names

Comments (showing 1-50 of 195) (195 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) (Gatadelafuente) | 9258 comments Mod
What are some names for heroes that just scream, "I'm a bad boy?"

message 2: by Arch (new)

Arch  | 4031 comments Mod
Sam

Noah

Is it okay that I throw my bad boy's name in there? Cop

message 3: by Gemma (new)

Gemma (BookMoodReviews) | 241 comments Drake

message 4: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (Sunnytat462) | 696 comments It seems to me that the bad boys names have only one syllable. Not sure why that is to me, but it just seems to be.

message 5: by Arch (new)

Darcy wrote: "It seems to me that the bad boys names have only one syllable. Not sure why that is to me, but it just seems to be."

lol, true Darcy, then again some of those bad boys the ladies be talking about name have more the one syllable.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) (Gatadelafuente) | 9258 comments Mod
It does seem like that, Darcy. Great observation!

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) | 474 comments Hmmm I think Gabriel is a good one, just because it is so misleading : ) Although it does have more then 1 syllable lol

message 8: by Zee (new)

Zee Monodee (Zee_Monodee) | 688 comments Agree on Gabriel!

Jack is a bad-boy name to me.

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) | 474 comments Vincent! For some reason that name always strikes me as quite sinister! (apologies in advance if you know someone called Vincent!)

Jack, I would agree but I have a little baby cousin called Jack and his face pops into my head when I hear that name lol

message 10: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Huxford (blackpanthershay) | 118 comments Good point Darcy!

Gem.... Drake=Rake lol he he

message 11: by Gemma (new)

Gemma (BookMoodReviews) | 241 comments Rufus Don't ask me why

message 12: by Heather (new)

Heather (HeatherJoy) Jace
Keller
Quinn
Gabriel
Damon, Dante, any other name relating to the devil
Xavier
And even though I didn't like the book, I loved that DBD character Wrath. How hot is that name?!

message 13: by Gemma (new)

Gemma (BookMoodReviews) | 241 comments Dexter always seemed like a bad boy name to me And Phinn

How about

Drake
Wolf
Lyon
Sterling
Aidan
Adam
Quinn
Jack
Damien (going along with Heather's comment)

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) | 474 comments Sterling and Aidan strike me as hero names, they put to mind (to me) knights in shining armour for some reason!

How about Vlad, that always strikes me as a bad boy name, lol probably for obvious reasons!

message 16: by Zee (new)

Zee Monodee (Zee_Monodee) | 688 comments Jake, Lucas, Matthias, Patrick, Michael, Logan

All these also sound 'bad boy' to me!

message 17: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Huxford (blackpanthershay) | 118 comments Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "How about

Drake
Wolf
Lyon
Sterling
Aidan
Adam
Quinn
Jack
Damien (going along with Heather's comment)"

Wolf is a cute name...... for a wolf

message 18: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jenlopez1283) | 84 comments I like Jericho

message 19: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja), Loves 'Em Lethal (last edited Apr 30, 2010 06:00AM) (new)

I've read quite a few Native American and medieval warrior books with Wolfs in them, too.

message 20: by Kathy Anne (new)

Kathy Anne (KathyAnne) Cash,
As in Sandra Browns ,Slow Heat in Heaven

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) | 474 comments Viktor, in fact anynamebeginning with V, they always strike me as slightly evil sounding

message 22: by Zee (new)

Zee Monodee (Zee_Monodee) | 688 comments Suzanne wrote: "Viktor, in fact anynamebeginning with V, they always strike me as slightly evil sounding"

Very nice observation! V names do sound slightly sinister.

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) | 474 comments Victoria, I know it is a womans name, but I think it is a sinister sounding name!

* I am really sorry if you are called Victoria, but I think having a sinister sounding name is pretty good :)

message 24: by Sarouel (new)

Sarouel | 19 comments i like Elijah and Christian..i know it doesn't seem like bad boy names, but i think it might be just it..doing reference to something i really don't like that much..the wolf in lamb sink..it reminds me of twilight and all that warning stuff the lady's around us give about the wrong, bad (wrong_this part is very important) man in our lives.sigh..sorry for any mistake, i am no English woman or women..^^

message 25: by Zee (new)

Zee Monodee (Zee_Monodee) | 688 comments Sebastian

Dunno why that name is always 'bad, bad, bad' in my mind!

Spencer works for me too, like he should eb this oh-so-proper British gentleman or Lord, but he turns out to be anything but!

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) | 474 comments I love the name Sebastian, it is one of my names for my future children lol

Like Suzanne, I am quite fond of that name Sebastian. :)

There's a bad boy in Christine Feehan's Leopard books named Elijah. He's some kind of hot, too.

message 29: by Arch (new)

I've read a book recently that I have forgotten at my sister's house. I didn't care for the Harlequin book. I needed something to read while I was waiting for the bus and on the bus. It was a quick read and it did keep my attention, but the book isn't something that I would keep.

The book is called The Perfect Strange by Karen Whiddon.

The hero's name was Sebastian. He was called Seb for short.

I didn't write my review yet, because I wanted to check out something from the book to make sure I was right, but since I have to wait until I get my book back, the review is on hold.

message 30: by Zee (new)

Zee Monodee (Zee_Monodee) | 688 comments Lol, so we have a consensus for Sebastian then!

Another thing that goes 'bad boy' for me is Latin names. Santiago, Antonio, Cesare... *swoon*

Anyone else fall prey to the Latin names?

message 31: by Sarouel (new)

Sarouel | 19 comments Sebastian it's cool, reminds me of Bastian(real name Sebastian) from the "Ice" series (Anna Stuart) and one of the vampire brothers (i think)from the "Immortal after dark" _ Kresley Cole .. All bad boys as you can see..coincidence? hmm? don't thank so...

P.s. I was thinking on the Elijah from Jacquelyn Frank series "The Nightwalkers"..

message 32: by Sarouel (new)

Sarouel | 19 comments think so not thank, sorry

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (metalgirl80) Alec
Ivan
Luke

Ooh, I like those names, Jessa.

I think the Latin hero names can be very attractive, Z.

message 35: by Zee (new)

Zee Monodee (Zee_Monodee) | 688 comments Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Ooh, I like those names, Jessa.

I think the Latin hero names can be very attractive, Z."

Those Latin boys can be so bad at times... and so good-looking too, lol!

You have got to read Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles if you like Latin boys. Alex will melt your socks off!

message 37: by Kathy Anne (last edited May 06, 2010 10:33AM) (new)

Kathy Anne (KathyAnne) Z.... Linda Howard has a couple of books with heros with Latin names
Diaz is in ,Cry No More and
John Medina in ,All the Queens Men
I love both of those books and they are two of my top fav heros

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) | 474 comments Oh I like the names Z, especially Cesare for some reason. Need to find a book now with a hot Latin hunk : )

Sergio
Xander/Zander

message 39: by Zee (new)

Zee Monodee (Zee_Monodee) | 688 comments Lol. Thanks for the Linda Howard tip, I'll look for them books.

Xander is good too!

message 40: by Zee (new)

Zee Monodee (Zee_Monodee) | 688 comments Will look for that book, Danielle. Thanks!

message 41: by Kindlelicious (new)

Kindlelicious | 6 comments I just finished Skin Game by Ava Gray. The leading man's name was Reyes, I think he was part Native American, part Latin, all hotness. :) (oh, and a really bad boy)

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) | 474 comments I think characters referred to by their surnam, that makes them sound slightly bad boy. They have to have a really good surname though

message 43: by Zee (new)

Zee Monodee (Zee_Monodee) | 688 comments Suzanne wrote: "I think characters referred to by their surnam, that makes them sound slightly bad boy. They have to have a really good surname though"

Yes, that's a good one, Suzanne. Sometimes a surname has so much more punch and spells 'dangerous'!

Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* How about:

Logan
Jake
Justin
Heath

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) | 474 comments Say having a surname like "Steele" or "Castle" they would be quite good.

Oh I like Heath, that strikes me as a good bad boy name

Very true, Suzanne.

message 47: by Kathy Anne (new)

Kathy Anne (KathyAnne) I think Logan is my all time fav for a guys name.Also like Jake and Heath

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (metalgirl80) I found these on a 'name list' site. It's kinda cool to know the origin and meaning of the names.......

Aidan ~ Irish ~ Little Fire
Ethan ~ Hebrew ~ Strong one
Gavin ~ Welch ~ Little Hawk
Kieran ~ Irish ~ Little Dark One
Liam ~ Englsih ~ Guardian
Sebastian ~ Greek ~ Revered

message 49: by Zee (new)

Zee Monodee (Zee_Monodee) | 688 comments Jessa wrote: "I found these on a 'name list' site. It's kinda cool to know the origin and meaning of the names.......

Aidan ~ Irish ~ Little Fire
Ethan ~ Hebrew ~ Strong one
Gavin ~ Welch ~ Little Hawk
Kiera..."

Ooh, these are good, Jessa! Thanks!

message 50: by Zee (new)

Zee Monodee (Zee_Monodee) | 688 comments Suzanne wrote: "Say having a surname like "Steele" or "Castle" they would be quite good.

Oh I like Heath, that strikes me as a good bad boy name"

Steele is awesome. Now imagine the 'bad' man behind the name... :)

« previous 1 3 4

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Perfect Chemistry (other topics)
A Kiss to Kill (other topics)
Cry No More (other topics)
After the Night (other topics)
Slightly Married (other topics)