Moning Maniacs discussion

Off Topic > Similar series

Comments (showing 1-50 of 104) (104 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by valee, Barrons Maniac (new)

valee | 1037 comments Mod
What series would you recommend similar to the fever series?

Sarah ~Sehrenity~ | 74 comments Honestly, I'd recommend the YA series called Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr. It's dark, has the strong heroes, conflicted girl, and evil fae with agendas. I have devoured each novel that's come out.

message 3: by valee, Barrons Maniac (new)

Oh, I liked that one a lot. It is one of my fav YA series. But for a reason, I just can't find YA series as interesting as normal ones. I don't know why. Even though I gave 5 start to some YA series I haven't added a single one to my favs shelf.

But wicked lovely was great.

message 4: by valee, Barrons Maniac (new)

If you liked the fever series which is UF I would recommend:

Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2) by Jeaniene Frost At Grave's End (Night Huntress, #3) by Jeaniene Frost Destined for an Early Grave (Night Huntress, #4) by Jeaniene Frost
Second fav UF series, specially if you like ass kicking heroines.

Succubus Dreams (Georgina Kincaid, #3) by Richelle Mead Succubus Heat (Georgina Kincaid, #4) by Richelle Mead
Georgina Kincaid's series is amazing as well, specially book 3 and 4.

Stray (Shifters, #1) by Rachel Vincent Rogue (Shifters, #2) by Rachel Vincent Pride (Shifters, #3) by Rachel Vincent Prey (Shifters, #4) by Rachel Vincent Shift (Shifters, #5) by Rachel Vincent
This was a great UF series for me, specially from book 2 forward.

I also liked the Guild hunter,chicagoland and Rachel Morgan series a lot. But I don't know if I would compare those with the Fever series.

message 5: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (Sunnytat462) I think one series that has just started that I really liked is Bitter Night (Horngate Witches, #1) by Diana Pharaoh Francis by Diana Pharaoh Francis. There is only one books so far, but it does show promise.

message 6: by valee, Barrons Maniac (new)

Just added it, thanks for letting us know. Sounds good!

message 7: by Toni (new)

Toni | 49 comments Thanks for the recommendations! I just actually discovered this genre honestly. But boy am I glad I did. I discovered the Fever books on here last week. I am almost done with book 2. They are fantastic. So wow, I am already looking to see what to start next once I finish the Fever series. I am also reading the Great and Terrible Beauty series (on the last book) which I love but it is YA. I think I like the adult books a little more though LOL. I also have the first Succubus book in the series you mentioned but have not read it yet. I will check out Halfway to the Grave too! I am so excited to have found books I cannot wait to read.

message 8: by Sammy (new)

Sammy | 222 comments I don't think there are many series that are similar to fever, but there are definitly other fantasy/PR series that are just as good, lol.

message 9: by Toni (new)

Toni | 49 comments I think I am going to read the Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frostnext like you suggested Vale.

I am also going to order Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1) by J.R. Wardseries and start that one soon since I hear such great things about it on here.

Vale: So you also recommend Stray (Shifters, #1) by Rachel Vincentseries? It is not available at my bookstore so I would have to order it. Is it anywhere close to good as the Fever series is?

message 10: by valee, Barrons Maniac (last edited Apr 28, 2010 10:38AM) (new)

Toni wrote: "I think I ...

I am also going to order Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1) by J.R. Wardseries and start that one soon since I h..."

Lol not much is as good as this one, but those first two series you mentioned are very close. For me both, the BDB and the night huntress were of my top absolute favs. I would definitely read those.
The shifters series is also of my favs but as those series which obsessed me. You can check a shelf I have named absolute obsessions or sth like that. There you will find those who should be read!

message 11: by Toni (last edited Apr 28, 2010 10:40AM) (new)

Toni | 49 comments I also bought a couple of the books in this series Bitten (Women of the Otherworld, #1) by Kelley Armstrong. Have you read this series?

message 12: by valee, Barrons Maniac (new)

I read the first one and maybe the second as well, I'm not sure. I gave 4 stars to the first one. I liked it, but didn't got crazy about it. And then I read in several reviews that book 1 was the best so that made me quit the series, at least for now.

Let me know how it goes for you.

message 13: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (Sunnytat462) Toni wrote: "I also bought a couple of the books in this seriesBitten (Women of the Otherworld, #1) by Kelley Armstrong. Have you read this series?"

I have read this series and like it. What makes it different is that there are multiple narrators for the series. For the most part each book is a different one or there will be the same for 2 in a row and then new characters introduced. The old characters pop in and out of the new books.

message 14: by Toni (new)

Toni | 49 comments Great thank you both for the info! Vale, I will check out your shelf.

By the way, how do you quote someone on here? If you hit reply does it copy their post? Not sure how to do this. :)

message 15: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (Sunnytat462) Toni wrote: "Great thank you both for the info! Vale, I will check out your shelf.

By the way, how do you quote someone on here? If you hit reply does it copy their post? Not sure how to do this. :)"

Yes, you just it the reply button.

message 16: by Keri (new)

Keri Hi All. I just joined this group because I just finished the first Fever book and really liked it. Can't wait to get the second one.
The above listed books named (Night Huntress, Georgina Kincaid, Black Dagger Brotherhood)are all really great books! If you want to try something new that not a lot of people have read I would recommend Monere: Children of the Moon series by Sunny. They are different from all the other PNR stuff out there that I've read and really suck you in! One of my favorite characters is the High Prince of Hell (he sounds evil but he's really great!) Plus the "romance" is hot! Mona Lisa Awakening (Monere Series #1) by Sunny Mona Lisa Blossoming (Monère Children of the Moon, #3) by Sunny Mona Lisa Craving (Monère Children of the Moon, #5) by Sunny Mona Lisa Darkening (Monère Children of the Moon, #6) by Sunny
Another great series is the Demonica series by Larissa Ione Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, #1) by Larissa Ione Desire Unchained (Demonica, #2) by Larissa Ione Passion Unleashed Ecstasy Unveiled

message 17: by valee, Barrons Maniac (new)

I will join you with the Demonica series. Totally another fav of mine. That would be my top fav series in the paranormal romance series.

message 18: by Keri (new)

Keri Larissa Ione has a free Demonica short story that she just put on her website. I haven't read it yet but I think it's a follow up on Wraith & Serena. She says she plans to do more follow ups on her Demonica characters too.

message 19: by valee, Barrons Maniac (new)

She is. There are more stories to come.

message 20: by Sammy (new)

Sammy | 222 comments I read the one with Wraith and Serena today! Loved it. Not very long though. LOL. I'm also a huge fan of the Demonica series. Has anyone said the Immortals after Dark series by Kresley Cole? Love those!

message 21: by valee, Barrons Maniac (new)

All favs of mine lol. And apart from the ones that were already mentioned, this ones:

Sookie Stackhouse, Midnight Breed, Psy-Changeling, Night Huntress, Dark-Hunter, Highlander, Guild Hunter, Shifters, Georgina Kincaid, Rachel Morgan/The Hollows, Lords of the Underworld, Chicagoland Vampires.

message 22: by Keri (new)

Keri I don't think anyone mentioned the Mortal Instruments which is a great series. Looking forward to the 4th book and the prequels. City of Bones (Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare City of Ashes (Mortal Instruments, #2) by Cassandra Clare City of Glass (Mortal Instruments, #3) by Cassandra Clare

Has anyone read The Uglies series? They're also YA but really good. Uglies (Uglies, #1) by Scott Westerfeld Pretties (Uglies, #2) by Scott Westerfeld Specials (Uglies, #3) by Scott Westerfeld

message 23: by valee, Barrons Maniac (new)

Are they? I heard very different opinions about the uglies series. Some love it and others hate it.

message 24: by Keri (new)

Keri Actually I really liked the first one, the second was still pretty good. I wasn't overly crazy about the 3rd book mainly because I envisioned the story going a different way. So I wasn't crazy about the way if wrapped up. It had a happy ending but it wasn't my perfect happy ending if that makes sense. There's a fourth book which I didn't read because it's not really the same story just the same world I guess but the characters were all different so I wasn't interested.

message 25: by Toni (new)

Toni | 49 comments I was not a fan of the Uglies series. Well I only read the first one and did not like it at all so never read Pretties. I also did not like Hunger Games which I know a lot of people LOVE.

I recommend the Gemma Doyle Trilogy A Great and Terrible Beauty (Gemma Doyle, #1) by Libba Bray Rebel Angels (Gemma Doyle, #2) by Libba Bray The Sweet Far Thing (Gemma Doyle, #3) by Libba Bray. It is YA but I loved it!

message 26: by Toni (new)

Toni | 49 comments So many books so little time........ :)

message 27: by valee, Barrons Maniac (new)

I love that quote,lol, is my number one.

I have the Gemma Doyle series in my TBR pile. I read that now there's the movie as well.

message 28: by Keri (new)

Keri Toni wrote: "I was not a fan of the Uglies series. Well I only read the first one and did not like it at all so never read Pretties. I also did not like Hunger Games which I know a lot of people LOVE.

I LOVED The Hunger Games!! I couldn't stop thinking about that book for days after reading it. So Good.

message 29: by Toni (new)

Toni | 49 comments Vale wrote: "I love that quote,lol, is my number one.

I have the Gemma Doyle series in my TBR pile. I read that now there's the movie as well."

I read there was a movie too but the stopped it last I heard. :(
I hope they change their minds. I would love to see the movie. They were such creepy but magical books.

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead (ReadingFanatic1) I recommend Stormwalker . Mick (in Stormwalker) reminds me of Barron. The book is great. You'll understand the similarities if you read it.

message 31: by valee, Barrons Maniac (new)

I read great things about the series. I added it not much ago to my TBR pile. Can't wait.

message 32: by Toni (new)

Toni | 49 comments I added it too. Thanks Michelle.

message 33: by valee, Barrons Maniac (new)

Lol, Hi Toni, I had not heard from you in a while! Nice to see you back in the group!

message 34: by Toni (new)

Toni | 49 comments I am still here..thanks!! Just super busy with end of school year here not a lot of time to post.
:)

message 35: by Evie (new)

Evie (HereBdragons) Hey girls, when you say that the fever series are UF... what UF stands for ?

Thanks! (=

message 36: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia H. | 5 comments Evie wrote: "Hey girls, when you say that the fever series are UF... what UF stands for ?

Thanks! (="

UF=Urban Fantasy

message 37: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) | 352 comments Mod
Michelle wrote: "I recommend Stormwalker . Mick (in Stormwalker) reminds me of Barron. The book is great. You'll understand the similarities if you read it."

I'll also check it out 8)

message 38: by Paige (new)

Paige (PaigeWaller) | 24 comments I'm having a hard time finding new ones to hold me over until the spin off. Everything listed, I have read. Plus it seems like way too many YA books are coming out lately. I don't mind them sometimes but I need a little more than hand holding and a peck on the lips!!

message 39: by Kia (new)

Kia (KiaSomers) | 28 comments Paige wrote: "I'm having a hard time finding new ones to hold me over until the spin off. Everything listed, I have read. Plus it seems like way too many YA books are coming out lately. I don't mind them sometim..."

I haven't read them yet, but I've heard really good things about Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunter series. If you haven't read that series yet, give it a shot. There are a ton of books so it will keep you busy for a while.

I totally agree with you about the YA books. I love them, but sometimes you just need a little more then a peck on the cheek. Even so, if you haven't read The Hunger Games yet, I would suggest giving them a shot. There isn't much more romance then what you would expect for a YA series, but it's such a powerful story that it more then makes up for it.

message 40: by Paige (new)

Paige (PaigeWaller) | 24 comments Kia, the Hunger series is by far my favorite YA out there! I started a book blog iheartnovels.com and its one that I highly recommended! I tried the first book of the Dark Hunter series a long time ago and couldn't really get into it but maybe I will try again.

message 41: by Paige (new)

Paige (PaigeWaller) | 24 comments oops its iheartnovels.blogspot.com

message 42: by Kia (new)

Kia (KiaSomers) | 28 comments Paige wrote: "Kia, the Hunger series is by far my favorite YA out there! I started a book blog iheartnovels.com and its one that I highly recommended! I tried the first book of the Dark Hunter series a long time..."

Briefly looking over my own ''to read" shelf to help out, here are a few other series not mentioned above that may hold your interest. If anyone has read these yet, please feel free to comment.

The Darkyn Series by Lynn Viehl
The Carpathians Series by Christine Feehan
Riley Jensen Guardian Series by Keri Arthur
Immortals After Dark Series by Kresley Cole
Midnight Series by Cynthia Eden
Guild Hunter Series by Nalini Singh
Night Tracker Series by Cheyenne McCray
Soul Gatherer Series by Annette McCleave
Dark Redemption Series by Yvonne Navarro

This one isn't a series, but sounds amazing as well.
Gabriel's Inferno by Sylvain Reynard

I hope these help you. There is nothing worse then not having anything good to read, especially after reading something as amazing as The Fever Series. Good Luck! And thanks for the blog link. I will definitely check it out.

True Love Forever (TrueLoveForever) | 329 comments Riley Jensen Guardian series was one of my first PNR or UF series I have read and I loved them!
THe author Keri Arthur is from Australia. Christine Feehan is great too. Chrisitna Dodd has some frun ones like Tongue in Chic. The Carpathians are great to by her. I have just started teh Kresley Cole ones.
Not as smart and witty as the fever, riley or succubus series but I am enjoying them.

message 44: by Ana (new)

Ana Cardoso (necas) Hello! Can anyone recommend me series with couples similar to Mac & Barrons? (They're the main reason why I love the Fever series so much). I mean, strong independent couples with great sexual tension, who hate-love each other and don't get together till the very end!! This kind of plot is a little hard to find and I love it! I've already read the Kate Daniels series and I thought it was really good, but there's still something missing. Thank you.

True Love Forever (TrueLoveForever) | 329 comments Riley Jensen is like that for sure!
http://www.keriarthur.com/books/riley...
They get together until the last book, #9
Georgiana Kincaid - Succubus series is like that too.
http://www.richellemead.com/books/suc...
last book comes out this year!

Stacia (the 2010 club) (Stacia_R) | 73 comments I second Georgina Kincaid (haven't read Riley yet). The setup and story arc of GK has made me think of Fever many times because the series sort of dumps all the world building in book 1 like Darkfever did, and slowly builds in greatness more and more with each book. The most recent book (number 5) had me urgently wanting to know the answers to some questions much like I how I felt after finishing Dreamfever.

I'm very happy that the final GK book will be out in August, so I don't have to wait as long as I had to with Shadowfever just to find out the answers to what I've been wanting to know!

message 47: by Ana (new)

Ana Cardoso (necas) Thanks for the recommendations. I'll definitely check out those books! :)

True Love Forever (TrueLoveForever) | 329 comments I really enjoyed the Shifter series too. It's by Rachel Vincent
http://rachelvincent.com/shifters.htm

and a new series I am reading.Sabina Kane Series by Jaye Wells.First book is called red-headed Stepchid.
She is half vamp half mage, trained bu her grandmother the leader of the vamps as an assain.
http://jayewells.com/ Red-Headed Stepchild (Sabina Kane, #1) by Jaye Wells Stray (Shifters, #1) by Rachel Vincent

message 50: by Christine (new)

Christine | 4 comments Help! Can anyone help me w/something similar to the Fever series? I find a lot of these books that are being recommended are more love story than UF. I like the plot to be central and the love scenes to take a backseat. The Guild Hunter series was good, but I couldn't stand all the mooning over Raphael. I enjoy the Kate Daniels series. She's a strong, witty character whose love life does not consume the story. Wasn't thrilled w/Night Huntress or Georgina Kincaid. I know, I'm difficult. Thanks!

« previous 1 3

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Succubus Dreams (other topics)
Stray (other topics)
Rogue (other topics)
Succubus Heat (other topics)
At Grave's End (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Diana Pharaoh Francis (other topics)
Kresley Cole (other topics)