Moning Maniacs discussion

Bloodfever (Fever, #2)
This topic is about Bloodfever
FEVER : Books > Bloodfever (Book #2)

Comments (showing 1-50 of 54) (54 new)    post a comment »

message 1: by valee, Barrons Maniac (last edited Dec 16, 2010 12:55PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

valee | 1037 comments Mod
description

**Summary**

I used to think my sister and I were just two nice southern girls who'd get married in a few years and settle down to a quiet life. Then I discovered that Alina and I descend, not from good wholesome southern stock, but from an ancient Celtic bloodline of powerful sidhe-seers, people who can see the Fae. Not only can I see the terrifying otherworldly race, but I can sense the sacred Fae relics that hold the deadliest of their magic.
When my sister was found dead in a trash-filled alley in Dublin, I came over to get answers. Now all I want is revenge. And after everything I've learned about myself, I know I have the power to get it....

MacKayla Lane's ordinary life underwent a complete makeover when she landed on Ireland's shores and was plunged into a world of deadly sorcery and ancient secrets.

In her fight to stay alive, Mac must find the Sinsar Dubh-a million-year-old book of the blackest magic imaginable, which holds the key to power over both the worlds of the Fae and of Man. Pursued by Fae assassins, surrounded by mysterious figures she knows she cannot trust, Mac finds herself torn between two deadly and irresistible men: V'lane, the insatiable Fae who can turn sensual arousal into an obsession for any woman, and the ever-inscrutable Jericho Barrons, a man as alluring as he is mysterious.

For centuries the shadowy realm of the Fae has coexisted with that of humans. Now the walls between the two are coming down, and Mac is the only thing that stands between them....

message 2: by valee, Barrons Maniac (new) - rated it 5 stars

I think that in this book many things were revealed. The plot in this book gets much deeper and interesting.

Also we get to see this 2 hot and sexy men: V'Lane and Barrons.
For me, V'lane wasn't as interesting as Barrons was, not even at the beginning. I love him though, I mean I wouldn't take him out of the series. He's so funny and entertaining, but it's just that I don't want him for Mac.

This was my 2nd fav book in the whole series.

Darcy (Sunnytat462) | 79 comments I agree with you Vale about V'Lane, I do like when he pops up because he starts playing with Mac. I love how he is able to throw her off. I do like the process by which Mac starts to tie herself more with Barrons in this one.

message 4: by valee, Barrons Maniac (new) - rated it 5 stars

What I love the most of V' Lane is how Barrons gets extremely possessive and jealous about Mac once he has been around,LOL.

Darcy (Sunnytat462) | 79 comments I think they both are very jealous about the other and the time that they spend with Mac. Barrons went crazy when V'Lane took Mac to fairy for that month. He seems to bring it up snarkily when he comes around.

Sammy | 222 comments Love seeing Barrons possesive.

message 7: by valee, Barrons Maniac (new) - rated it 5 stars

I love i when he gets jealous. Seriously, it's super hot! LOL.

Toni | 49 comments Reading this book now. Loving it!

message 9: by valee, Barrons Maniac (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cool I love it when people write comments at the same time they are actually reading the book. Can't wait to see what you think.

Toni | 49 comments Okay, so just finished Bloodfever. Really good. A lot of things happened in this book that I never would have thought of or expected...now on to Faefever. I also put Dreamfever on request from the library so I would not have to buy the hardcover book. I do not really want to spend $18 on it. I hope it gets here ASAP. There are 2 people ahead of me but about 5 or 6 libraries in my area have it so hopefully I will get it quickly.

message 11: by valee, Barrons Maniac (new) - rated it 5 stars

I'm glad you finished the first 2. How was it for you? I have never before reread a series but I definitely will with this one because I wanna have everything fresh in my mind before I get to shadowfever.

Sammy | 222 comments wow Toni your a fast reader! All this discussion is making me want to re-read the series.

message 13: by valee, Barrons Maniac (new) - rated it 5 stars

I know, me too,lol. But I'll wait 'till we are nearer the release date.

Sarah ~Sehrenity~ | 74 comments I'm hoping to pick this one up again soon. I re-listened to the first on audio shortly after Dreamfever came out, and I picked up on so many clues for future events that it was totally worth the re-read. I hope to finish them all again on audio before December.

Toni | 49 comments Do you know if Shadowfever is going to be the last one? Or will their be more?

Sammy | 222 comments Shadowfever is the last in this series, but there is going to be a spin-off series.

Toni | 49 comments Very cool! (about the spin-off) :)

message 18: by valee, Barrons Maniac (new) - rated it 5 stars

I love it when my fav authors write spin-off of my fav series because I always feel like I would love to see more about the characters.

We need to confirm if the spin-off of this series will be about Christian or not, because I read somewhere that it was not sure.

Toni | 49 comments Christian just came into the storyline for me....curious as to what he is about. However, do not tell me!!! LOL :)

message 20: by valee, Barrons Maniac (new) - rated it 5 stars

won't say a word,lol. Enjoy!

Sarah  (splue) | 14 comments Well I just finished Darkfever, and am starting Bloodfever today. I really like Darkfever only the romance (or lack there of) bothered me!! I wasn't reading this book for the romance, I enjoyed the UF parts of it and I'm sure I'll get addicted based on what others have said of the other books but can anyone tell me if the romance increases in the second book?! I just want Barrons and Mac to do something about it already!!! haha

Sammy | 222 comments the sexual tension is definitly high in these books, just keep reading Sarah! LOL

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) | 346 comments Mod
i loved bloodfever. i really started getting into the series wit bloodfever! i loved that one part where vlane took her and then she returned and i think it had been a month, and barrons is like where the hell have u been for the last month and he threatens to tattoo her. i think i just love all of their moments together. but this was one of my favorites!

message 24: by valee, Barrons Maniac (new) - rated it 5 stars

I think that the lack of the romance it's what attracts us because we are the whole time dying just to get something, whatever we can get. Every time they are in the same room we just read every word carefully just to get whatever we can. I think there isn't a better couple. Sarah, just keep reading, I promise it gets even better and by book 4 you'll dye and go to heaven,lol.

Sarah  (splue) | 14 comments haha thanks Vale and Sammy! I don't want to have to wait till the 4th book!!! haha my bookstore didn't have that one and I'm flying through these books! I'm going to have to go and buy it somewhere soon then!

message 26: by valee, Barrons Maniac (new) - rated it 5 stars

You must have a lot of libraries to choose, go and look for it, I promise it's worth it. So good!

Cassidy (FallenThunder) | 5 comments As the story goes on I find my self questioning why I like Jericho. lol I mean most of the time he is an ass. But he my favorite in this series.

message 28: by valee, Barrons Maniac (new) - rated it 5 stars

I know, I love him being an ass too,lol.

Sammy | 222 comments Some of us girls just love a bad boy and Jericho is the ultimate bad boy, lol.

message 30: by valee, Barrons Maniac (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yep he is. But we know he has so much more to let us know. Can't wait to find out about it with this next book!

Cassidy (FallenThunder) | 5 comments Usually that really turns me away from those kind of characters but oddly enough he still my favorite.

message 32: by valee, Barrons Maniac (new) - rated it 5 stars

Exactly!

True Love Forever (TrueLoveForever) | 329 comments Later on a MacKeltar asks her why she is stays around someone like him, i think it is in Faefever. She says it's complicated, LOL.

Cassidy (FallenThunder) | 5 comments I think that describes their relationship perfectly haha

Regina (ReginaR) So I am in the middle of my re-read of Bloodfever and I am convinced that JZB was planning on seducing Mac the night in Wales when she dissapeared with V'lane. But he was clearly worried about her (and frustrated) by her dissappearance for a month. Bloodfever is one of my favorites b/c of the interactions between Mac and JZB.

Lori {Romancing the Dark Side} (romancingthedarkside) | 20 comments I just finished this one and loved it! Definitely better than the first. Barrons is still his sexy arrogant self and Mac has finally come to the realization that she's not in Ashford anymore! I'm glad to know she's not going to remain the spoiled brat she showed us in Darkfever! I'm anxiously awaiting for the next two books to be delievered to me so I can continue my latest addiction....yes, I also pre-ordered Shadowfever!!!

Regina (ReginaR) Oh I don't think she was spoiled or a brat at all in darkfever. She is constantly aware of other people's feelings and she is also constantly re evaluating her opinions. I don't get the brat impression from her at all.

Lori {Romancing the Dark Side} (romancingthedarkside) | 20 comments Something about her reminded me of Sookie in the beginning but then I began to like her. Maybe immature is the better word for her..LOL then again she's only 22 when the book starts.

Regina (ReginaR) And in mourning .....

True Love Forever (TrueLoveForever) | 329 comments I understand how peopel may have got the impression they did of her, but I totally always liked her and saw the possibilities in her as a characterrrr. i loved that we see her grow and change so much.

Lori {Romancing the Dark Side} (romancingthedarkside) | 20 comments I can't wait to read on and see her mature and become an even stronger heroine...let's get it clear I am totally TEAM MAC! LOL

message 42: by valee, Barrons Maniac (new) - rated it 5 stars

Me too! I loved Mac since the first book, I just wish she wanted Barrons more! haha.

message 43: by Stacia (out of inspiration) (last edited Jan 10, 2011 03:37PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Stacia (out of inspiration) (Stacia_R) | 73 comments I didn't like her at all, but I don't have a problem with that. It doesn't bother me when an author deliberately wants to have a character unlikeable at first, in order to show how much the person matures. I get the feeling that I wasn't "supposed" to like Mac, so I feel no guilt over disliking her in the beginning. Sorry, but if I met Mac from the first book in real life I'd want to strangle her. No one should be that obsessed with nail polish.

That's why I never understood the hate (not dislike/discomfort, but flaming hate) for Faythe (of Shifters) either. It's the same exact thing - the author wants you to have discomfort over the character's actions so you will learn to love them in time as you see them mature.

message 44: by valee, Barrons Maniac (new) - rated it 5 stars

I guess that's why I liked them at the beginning! I loved to see how they were because that's part of what made them what they became.

☻Nikki☻ C I noticed something during my re-read and don't know that it even means anything but it bothered me sooooo....In the scene where Mac is asking Rowena why she didn't help Alina...Rowena says she never met Alina. She goes on to say "Until a short time ago, I was busy elsewhere." Where was she & what was she doing. Like I said, it may not mean anything but why would KMM include that information. She could have just left it at Rowena saying she never met Alina. Is it important that Rowena was "elsewhere"??

True Love Forever (TrueLoveForever) | 329 comments Rowena has her own agenda and I am not sure if she is even a good person. I think she was jealous of Mac and Alina's mom. But she seemed to respect Patrona their grandmother. I think in her mind she is doing what is right. I think she is a scared old women. And it probably is somewhat important. We still don't know much about her and the abbies secrets.

message 47: by valee, Barrons Maniac (new) - rated it 5 stars

OMG you are all speculating about everything and I still have not been able to do the re-read, I envy you all so much for being able to discuss things! I need that re-read right now.

Kirsten (KirstenLaniohan) Ok, this could totally be a dumb question on my part,but what does Mac mean when she tells Barrons that he's a "lefty"?

Regina (ReginaR) His male member leans to the left.

message 50: by Kirsten (last edited Jan 30, 2011 02:11PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kirsten (KirstenLaniohan) Haha! Omg thats hilarious! I'm liking Mac more and more. LOL I thought that it might mean that,but I had to ask to be sure that my dirty mind wasnt making the wrong conclusion. XD

« previous 1

unread topics | mark unread