The Infernal Devices discussion

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments: Graphic Novel, Part 1)
This topic is about City of Bones
The Mortal Instruments > The Grapic Novel

Comments (showing 1-50 of 94) (94 new)    post a comment »

EVELYN (I BELIEVE IN DEMON POX! ) SHADOWHUNTER (The_Shadowhunter) | 350 comments Mod
here's the cover page for the graphic novel:
http://twitpic.com/1df4kd
here's the character drawings:
http://cassandraclare.livejournal.com/34...

Check it out what do you think?

EVELYN (I BELIEVE IN DEMON POX! ) SHADOWHUNTER (The_Shadowhunter) | 350 comments Mod
I pictured Clary a little more baby faced idk
and Jace should be a lot hotter !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jazmyn | 96 comments Yup... Simons pic is my fav. =D

April*procrastinator and proud* (boo-bop) I think Jace should be hotter and look different. and Clary looks too mature...

Jazmyn | 96 comments Yup. My thoughts exactly.

April*procrastinator and proud* (boo-bop) yea... i dont really like the drawings.. i wish they were bettert. but they're alright, but they look like thye're 30...

Jazmyn | 96 comments yea--wayy to old lookin'

message 8: by April*procrastinator and proud* (last edited Apr 27, 2010 10:13AM) (new)

April*procrastinator and proud* (boo-bop) yea. I think the drawings could have more detail too...

Rilly wrote: "I think Jace should be hotter and look different. and Clary looks too mature..."

exactly what i thought

April*procrastinator and proud* (boo-bop) thats wthe way it should be. They look way too old to be 15/16

Catherine | 6 comments The second link won't work, is it just me? :(

But I didn't really like the graphic novel cover, the characters were nothing like how I imagined them to be.

April*procrastinator and proud* (boo-bop) yea it didn;t work for me wither but i dont like the way the characters either...

oh it isnt working weird it worked for me last time

April*procrastinator and proud* (boo-bop) huh.. maybe it was changed or its a broken link or somrthing.

message 15: by Daylighter, Mizpah (new)

Daylighter (Pantea13) | 1431 comments Mod
here's the link, if the other one isn't fixed, just go here :)
http://cassandraclare.livejournal.com...

yay thanks Daylighter

message 19: by Daylighter, Mizpah (new)

no problem ;)

message 21: by Daylighter, Mizpah (new)

more graphic novel stuff
http://cassandraclare.livejournal.com...

April*procrastinator and proud* (boo-bop) i still dont liket he art...
it makes em agrivated for some reason...

Yiling (fillthesky) | 13 comments Cassandra says that it actually isn't the real cover and it's just the cover for now.

message 24: by Daylighter, Mizpah (new)

oh cool, cause i wasn't a big fan of the cover :S

Yiling (fillthesky) | 13 comments me too! But the characters are still staying the same. = [

message 26: by Daylighter, Mizpah (new)

i like the characters, they're pretty much exactly like what i had in mind. especially Alec. i think Clary looks good enough too, except i imagined her hair to be more curly than wavy. Simon looks like himself. and i guess Jace is okay, but i pictured him a little differently

April*procrastinator and proud* (boo-bop) i dont like they wasy they're drawn...

Yiling (fillthesky) | 13 comments Yeah. But all books that are turned into manga are different

April*procrastinator and proud* (boo-bop) i would be okay if it was turned in to a manga but this is so super hero comic-esque.
even though Shadow hunters sorta are... but its still...
i don't know the word... hard? too choppy? one of those.

Yiling (fillthesky) | 13 comments Yeah.

Wendes | 54 comments Strangely enough, I think Luke and Valentine are the ones that are captured the best in the way i see them in my head

Luke lookes very diffrent in my head and valentine a little dif

Wendes | 54 comments Really? Cause I think Valentine has that cold, calculating look. Cool but dangerous. And Luke is rugged and a bit unruly. Lol but that's just me I guess. We all see the characters differently :)

lukes face completely differnt in my head

Wendes | 54 comments oh, how do you see him?

Jen | 41 comments Personally I think Clary's curly hair is a must, even if it is more wavy on the CoA cover. I guess I'm just picky like that though.

message 37: by Daylighter, Mizpah (new)

Jen wrote: "Personally I think Clary's curly hair is a must, even if it is more wavy on the CoA cover. I guess I'm just picky like that though."

u know that's exactly what i said, but then Cassie said that her hair was never curly, it's wavy!!! :S

Jen | 41 comments Daylighter wrote: "Jen wrote: "Personally I think Clary's curly hair is a must, even if it is more wavy on the CoA cover. I guess I'm just picky like that though."

u know that's exactly what i said, but then Cassie ..."

Well, in the book it mentions her hair as curly. At one point Jace even says "those pretty red curls" but I feel it's all a matter of who's looking at the hair. Everyone probably has a different opinion on what is wavy and what's curly.

Yue [Wonder of living] (swimgeek101) That just looks weird... O.o

message 40: by Daylighter, Mizpah (new)

Jen wrote: "Daylighter wrote: "Jen wrote: "Personally I think Clary's curly hair is a must, even if it is more wavy on the CoA cover. I guess I'm just picky like that though."

u know that's exactly what i s..."

thank you that's the same line i was thinking of too. i think it's mentioned as curly a bunch of times throughout the series.

♫ Andrea the car crash heart ♫ (spicy_tang) | 122 comments i imagined jace to look way better than that. and a bit shorter hair. . .

Yea about the same for me

message 43: by Daylighter, Mizpah (new)

"While I don't have a release date for the graphic novels at this time, I thought I'd share a panel just to reassure everyone it was still ongoing. This is Clary's dream, from p. 57 of City of Bones."_Cassandra Clare
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc...

"She saw her mother lying in a hospital bed, eyes like bruises in her white face. She saw Luke, standing atop a pile of bones. Jace with white feathered wings sprouting out of his back, Isabelle sit- ting naked with her whip curled around her like a net of gold rings, Simon with crosses burned into the palms of his hands. Angels, falling and burning. Falling out of the sky."_ pg 57 CoB

Moochi | 37 comments I actually think Alec looks the best!

message 45: by Daylighter, Mizpah (new)

Some more panels from the graphic novel
http://www.flickr.com/photos/23266617...

ahhhh i cant wait for that twoooooooo!!!!!!!!

Moochi wrote: "I actually think Alec looks the best!"

Where did you see HIM??????

♫ Andrea the car crash heart ♫ (spicy_tang) | 122 comments yeah, wheere? i can't find him

♫ Andrea the car crash heart ♫ (spicy_tang) | 122 comments OMG, yesss. He does look better than Jace!

« previous 1

unread topics | mark unread