What's The Name of That Book??? discussion

Query Abandoned by Poster > Stone age Fantasy book

Comments (showing 1-5 of 5) (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Joseph Dysart (Joseph_SD2387) | 1 comments I read this book series a few years ago but can't remember what it's called and it was one of my favorite books so if you know what it is could you please let me know , thanks.

Okay this is how the story went, it's based in a world that is set around the time of the stone age but has dragons so it must be a fantasy genre. It starts out with a family of 5: father, mother, older sister, middle son (which likes to invent), and a younger son. Now they' like everyone else roams around in their own family group until one night they are attacked and I believe the father & mother are killed, and the sister is taken and the middle brother is rescued by a dragon (that can take the form of a human but retains his weight and density.) the first of three books tells how the dragon take him to his cave up in a cliff and teaches him and he learns how to smelt metals out of rock, until one day he and the dragon go out and save some people and bring them back to live around the lake at the base of the cliff and start a town, the second book deals with the middle son's older sister and how they get reacquainted with one another and the fact that his sister now leads a band of ruffians, the third is with the youngest son (the one they thought died the night of the attack in the first book) and an evil sickly dragon and how the two oldest siblings work together to defend against the evil dragon and rescue there brother.

again thanks for your help to anybody that knows the title and will let me know.

Ketutar Jensen | 24 comments Hm... I'm sure I have read this too, but cannot recollect any more information.
I found this though: Dragon Boy by Dick King-Smith
I might be mixing that with what you are looking for.
I was also thinking about Patricia R. Wrede's "Dealing with dragons"; but that it is not, for sure.

Deborah | 159 comments George R. R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series?
A Clash of Kings

A Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice and Fire, #2) by George R.R. Martin

Sister has to disguise herself as a boy and is learning to fight, one brother is a half brother and is fighting on The Wall. There are dragons but not really in the first book.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, has never smelled durian fruit (new)

Lobstergirl | 5452 comments Mod
Joseph, could it be any of the books mentioned above?

Ann aka Iftcan (Iftcan) | 4195 comments Mod
Sent Joseph a PM. He hasn't been active since starting this thread. If he doesn't reply soon, the next Mod to check it out can move it down to Abandoned.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

A Clash of Kings (other topics)