Happily Ever After Cafe discussion

Authors' Promo/Blogs/Booksites > Author Promotions

Comments (showing 1-50 of 105) (105 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 11791 comments Decided to add folder for author promotions.

message 2: by Eryn (new)

Eryn Lockhart (ErynLockhart) | 4 comments Thank you Pamela!

I just finished my very first novel: After Midnight, a thrilling full-length historical romance with a charming HEA set during the early Napoleonic wars and Regency period; it's available for both Kindle and Nook, and is approx 150,000 words.

....A Rakehell Rogue....
In a world plagued by Revolution and Intrigue, love is the most dangerous game of all. When Lucien Warrick’s mission to rescue a French ambassador’s family from the Revolution goes awry, he has no way of knowing that he’ll meet his lethally lovely charge again in London. A legendary shadow with godlike reputation in international intrigue, the Night Wolf is about to meet his match.

....A Defiant Damsel....
As the sole support for her remaining family, Jacqueline Gervais has no time to play damsel in distress. Instead, she turns her unusual talents towards rescuing the Calvary and British artillery by spying for the Crown. A woman as skilled in deception as she is in sabotage, The Golden Hind is a creature of fatal allure and a thousand faces.

....A Love That Will not be Ignored....
A war between two nations pales in comparison to their clash of wills and passion, but when a sinister web of betrayal and deceit forces them to become mortal enemies, will the cost be their lives, or their hearts? The fate of two empires hangs in the balance, and anything is possible...After Midnight.
After Midnight by Eryn Lockhart I hope you enjoy reading their story as much as I enjoyed writing it!

Sincerely,
Eryn Lockhart
http://erynlockhart.wordpress.com/

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi guys,

There are excerpts on my author page and my site www.seanjquirk.weebly.com

http://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/sho...

description

message 4: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 11791 comments Thanks for the heads up!

message 5: by Ian (new)

Ian Butler (Burgerbardad) | 98 comments Hello,

My first novel Burger Bar Dad is published as an ebook today and you can download a free sample from Amazon.
Feel free to message me and tell me what you think....
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Burger-Bar-Da...

message 6: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 11791 comments Thanks, Ian. Interesting title ☺

message 7: by Ian (new)

Ian Butler (Burgerbardad) | 98 comments Pamela(AllHoney) wrote: "Thanks, Ian. Interesting title ☺"

Thanks. the title refers to the divorced dads you see in various fast food outlets at the weekends (like me) Trying to get quality time with the kids we love.

message 8: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 18242 comments Thanks, Ian!

message 9: by Darcy (new)

Darcy Flynn (darcyflynn) | 20 comments Ian wrote: "Hello,

My first novel Burger Bar Dad is published as an ebook today and you can download a free sample from Amazon.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/..."

What a great title! I'll check it out!
Best!

message 10: by Margaret (last edited Jun 12, 2012 04:06AM) (new)

Margaret Sharp (MargaretLynetteSharp) | 82 comments Hello, I'm Margaret.

Since early 2011, six books I've written have been published. They're all edited by my husband Ronald Sharp, who, amongst other interesting things, created the Grand Organ in the Sydney Opera House Concert Hall.

There's a set of four volumes of Short Stories: 25 Stories of Life and Love in Australia, A Taste of Life and Love in Australia, The Essence of Life and Love in Australia, and Reflections of Life and Love in Australia.

Next comes 60 Questions, Insights and Reminiscences, which is a collection of short, hopefully entertaining articles about life through the eyes of a female Australian baby boomer.

In April 2012, Long and Short Australian Stories was published. This comprises many romantic tales, and some human interest stories; easy to read and enjoyable, I think. But then, I'm biased.

Anyway, they're all available through Amazon and other internet sellers as physical books. My husband is looking into releasing them as e-books.

Update: Since writing the above, a detailed, 5 star review of 'A Taste of Life and Love in Australia' has been posted on Goodreads and Amazon.

Also, I've started a Q@A about the latest realease, 'Long and Short Australian Stories'. Since they're generally of the HEA variety, perhaps you'd like to check this out, and hopefully post a comment or two: the more the better!

message 11: by Ian (new)

Ian Butler (Burgerbardad) | 98 comments Darcy wrote: "Ian wrote: "Hello,

http://www.a..."

Thank you Darcy. Please let me know what you think. Good or bad.

message 12: by Ian (new)

Ian Butler (Burgerbardad) | 98 comments Ian wrote: "Darcy wrote: "Ian wrote: "Hello,

Feel free to message me and tell me what you think......"

This is the plot synopsis.....
Paul Castle loves his son Jack and hates being a Burger Bar Dad. Seeing his son only on Wednesdays and Saturdays pulls him apart. His ex-wife is a thrusting ambitious banker and he is a middling, not very ambitious Birmingham journalist with hopes of being a playwright. The divorce gave her the house, and he got the guilt.

He’s just about keeping it together, but after a disastrous parents evening, Paul discovers that Jack's mother is planning to move to London and put Jack in a private boarding school.

Paul must quickly sort his priorities and his life as he embarks on a hilarious campaign to frustrate his ex-wife’s plan. However, his life is just about to get even more complicated, when he meets Gillian and begins to remember the joys of being in love. All too soon, he is confronted with the reality that in order to maintain even his inadequate Burger Bar relationship with Jack, he will have to move down South.

As he falls quickly in love with Gillian, he is then offered the chance to be a playwright in Birmingham. How can he choose between being with Gillian or being with Jack?

message 13: by Dina (new)

Dina Porell (DinaPorell) | 6 comments Hi! I'm Dina. I've recently published an ebook about all the dark, dirty, and exciting bits of Egyptian street culture. Pick up lines, superstitions, magic rituals, cursing. And boy can we curse! I'd love to know what you think!

It's called "Egyptian Street Culture That No One Will Tell You About," of course.
http://www.amazon.com/Egyptian-Street...

message 14: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 18242 comments Thanks for the info about your book, Dina!

message 15: by Ian (new)

Ian Butler (Burgerbardad) | 98 comments Dina wrote: "Hi! I'm Dina. I've recently published an ebook about all the dark, dirty, and exciting bits of Egyptian street culture. Pick up lines, superstitions, magic rituals, cursing. And boy can we curs..."

That sounds fascinating

message 16: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 11791 comments Thanks, Dina!

message 17: by Dina (new)

Dina Porell (DinaPorell) | 6 comments Ian wrote: "That sounds fascinating"

Thank you Ian

message 18: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Sharp (MargaretLynetteSharp) | 82 comments Good luck, Dina!

message 19: by Beth (new)

Beth Strasser (beth_rhodes) | 6 comments Hello there,
I'm a new member on the group and wanted to give you a heads up about some great giveaways on my blog this week.

I have a book being released on June 8th, and to celebrate, I'm interviewing authors. Today I've got Debora Dennis... and as June 8th gets closer, I'll have Jennifer Shirk and Nina Croft, too. At the end of the week, I'll pick a winner from all the comments and give away a copy of my new book, For Love or Duty. If there's one thing you can count on at my blog, it's Happily Ever After!

Thanks!
Bethanne
http://www.bethannestrasser.blogspot.com

message 20: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 11791 comments Great, Bethanne, thanks for the info!

message 21: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 18242 comments Thanks, Bethanne!

message 22: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Sharp (MargaretLynetteSharp) | 82 comments Hello, Bethanne! Good luck!

message 23: by Ian (new)

Ian Butler (Burgerbardad) | 98 comments Bethanne wrote: "Hello there,
I'm a new member on the group and wanted to give you a heads up about some great giveaways on my blog this week.

I have a book being released on June 8th, and to celebrate, I'm interv..."

Good luck!

message 24: by Beth (new)

Beth Strasser (beth_rhodes) | 6 comments Thanks!
I'm pretty excited. :D btw, Lisa Kay. I LOVE coffee ice cream! Cappacino Chip. sooo good. :D ha.

message 25: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 18242 comments LOL! Yeah, I'd eat that too, if you gave me a bowl, Bethanne!

message 26: by Jaye (new)

Jaye Frances | 27 comments Hi, everyone,

I'm new to the group, and appreciate the opportunity to join this forum and tell you a little bit about myself and my work. Hope you find something interesting - I'd love to chat with you on this thread!

I've published three books to date. Here's a little info about them:

"The Kure"

The Kure

The Kure by Jaye Frances

John Tyler, a young man in his early twenties, awakens to find a ghastly affliction taking over his body. When the village doctor offers the conventional, and potentially disfiguring, treatment as the only cure, John tenaciously convinces the doctor to reveal an alternative remedy—a forbidden ritual contained within an ancient manuscript called the Kure.

Although initially rejecting the vile and sinister rite, John realizes, too late, that the ritual is more than a faded promise scrawled on a page of crumbling paper. And as cure quickly becomes curse, the demonic text unleashes a dark power that drives him to consider the unthinkable—a depraved and wicked act requiring the corruption of an innocent soul.

Ultimately, John must choose between his desperate need to arrest the plague that is destroying his body, and the virtue of the woman he loves, knowing the wrong decision could cost him his life.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Kure-ebook/...

For those who dare, there is some interesting (and frightening) background info about the history and storyline of "The Kure" on my blog posts of Feb. 6 and 9, titled Myths, Legends and Lies. You've been warned . . .

"The Possibilities of Amy"

The Possibilities of Amy by Jaye Frances

The Possibilities of Amy

Amy is the ultimate trophy girl—gorgeous face, killer body, and a vivacious personality. But there’s something else about her, something that makes her even more special. Amy is new. A transfer student from out of state, she’s starting her senior year without knowing a soul. And that means she’s up for grabs, available.

Infatuated from the moment he sees her, David is determined to meet Amy, and if the fates are willing, to spend the rest of his life with her. But his shyness prevents him from approaching her—until his friends devise a contest to determine who will be the first to prove their manhood by seducing her.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Possibiliti...

This one is especially personal to me. When I attended a high school reunion, I met a man who told me he carried a torch for me all through high school. It got me thinking about all the "secret loves" I had, and a story was born . . .

"The Cruise-All That Glitters"

The Cruise - All That Glitters by Jaye Frances[

[book:The Cruise - All That Glitters|13640648]

It’s love on the high seas for Dean, a thirty-something bachelor taking his first cruise, hoping for a shipboard romance. On the prowl for the elusive hard-body, he quickly becomes disillusioned, wondering if his expectation of a boatload of beautiful sea nymphs is something found only in travel brochures.

Until he meets Angel.

She is the girl of his dreams, brought to life as a bewitching goddess, ready to engage in every sensual delight. Quickly lured into submission by Angel’s seductive charms, Dean is ready to surrender his heart and soul to this provocative beauty.

Until he meets Marcie . . .

http://www.amazon.com/The-Cruise-That...

This was a joy to write, as two of my favorite pastimes are traveling and people-watching. Throw in a good dose of humor and romance, and well, nothing better than hi-jinks at sea!

I've been extremely fortunate to have many fantastic book bloggers offer promotions/spotlights for all three of them. And I'm always delighted to offer contest giveaways on their sites. I'd love to know your thoughts about giveaways (i.e., the opportunity to win a FREE book) and if you'd like to know when these are going on.

Thank you in advance for your comments and ideas.

Jaye Frances
www.jayefrances.com
http://blog.jayefrances.com
http://www.facebook.com/jayefrancesau...

message 27: by Jill (new)

Jill Hughey | 59 comments I am writing a series set in Charlemagne's empire. Two books have been released so far and are available on Amazon and B&N.

The first is Unbidden, with archetypical hero and heroine. Rochelle is an intelligent, independent woman who resists her emperor's order to marry David, a strong yet sympathetic soldier. Only after betraying David does she begin to realize she has fallen in love!
http://amzn.com/B0067DDX1M

The second is Redeemed. I broke the mold a little with these main characters. Philantha is a small, quiet, barren widow looking for a home she can call her own. Doeg is the villain in the first book but I thought he deserved his happily ever after too. With the right woman, he finds a contentment he thought only other men worthy of.
http://amzn.com/B007FDRV0M

I hope you'll check these books out!

message 28: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 11791 comments Sounds great, Jill. Thanks for sharing!

message 29: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 18242 comments Thanks for the info, Jill!

message 30: by Dina (new)

Dina Porell (DinaPorell) | 6 comments Hi All, I'm not sure if here is the right place to post this since it's not a book promotion. I added a short story to my writing here on goodreads. My story called The Elephant Park. It's a fiction story inspired by real elephants. And I'm hoping you guys read it and give me your honest opinion.

Thanks
Dina

message 31: by Alyson (new)

Alyson Reuben (AlysonReuben) | 28 comments Hi, everyone,

I love being a part of the Happily Ever After group and participating in the reading challenges and some of the other topics. Seeing this thread, I can't resist adding my book's info.

A Beautiful Cage is a pre-WWII romantic intrique, published by The Wild Rose Press, and is available at the publisher's website (www.thewildrosepress.com) Amazon.com, and Barnes & Noble.

A Beautiful Cage by Alyson Reuben
A Beautiful Cage

Back cover blurb:

Wanted by the Gestapo, Rebecca Bloomberg is on the run for her life. Sheltering in the home of a reporter who writes absurd lies for a Nazi propaganda newspaper is hardly an ideal solution. Irresistibly drawn to the man, she dares not trust him, until she discovers his journalist position is a mask for involvement in an anti-Nazi resistance ring.

Gustav Von Furst has done all he can to perfect his mask. Neither his family nor his close friends know the truth. Hiding a Jewish girl is the most foolish risk, yet there is something about her that makes him want to protect her.

Eager to forget the outside world, Rebecca and Gustav are caught up in a private world of forbidden passion—until unexpected danger lands on their doorstep and they’re faced with a decision that will change everything. Will love demand a sacrifice too great to give?

***I'm currently working on three more books. One of them is in my editor's hands, and will be available soon.

message 32: by Alyson (new)

Alyson Reuben (AlysonReuben) | 28 comments Alyson wrote: "Hi, everyone,

I love being a part of the Happily Ever After group and participating in the reading challenges and some of the other topics. Seeing this thread, I can't resist adding my book's i..."

And, thank you, Pamela, for opening the thread!

message 33: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 11791 comments You are welcome and thanks for the info, Alyson. ☺

message 34: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Sharp (MargaretLynetteSharp) | 82 comments Yes: thanks, Pamela, for this opportunity!:)

message 35: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Sharp (MargaretLynetteSharp) | 82 comments Just and update: three of my titles are now available on Kindle. These are 25 Stories of Life and Love in Australia, A Taste of Life and Love in Australia, and Long and Short Australian Stories.
Hoping to add more titles soon!

message 36: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 11791 comments Great! Thanks for letting us know.

message 37: by Ian (new)

Ian Butler (Burgerbardad) | 98 comments Burger Bar Dad, my new ebook is on special offer. Massive reduction across all formats.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Burger-Bar-Da...

message 38: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 11791 comments Thanks for letting us know, Ian!

message 39: by A.B. (new)

A.B. McKinley (ABMcKinley) | 12 comments Pamela, my debut novel, Kilted Desire - Sands of Betrayal is .99 on Amazon, thank yer fer yer site tae promote it. I appreciate yer help. AB
http://www.amazon.com/KILTED-DESIRE-S...

message 40: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 11791 comments Thanks for letting us know Author AB ☺

message 41: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 18242 comments Ah! You found this thread, Author AB. Good.

message 42: by Susan (last edited Jul 26, 2012 12:38AM) (new)

Susan Cartwright (susancartwright) Wolf Dawn by Susan  Cartwright

Wolf Dawn is currently FREE on Amazon until 28th July.
Currently #2 for paranormal romance and SF/Adventure.
Please download and enjoy!

Susan Cartwright

http://www.amazon.com/WOLF-DAWN-Scien...

message 43: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 11791 comments Thanks, Susan

message 44: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Sharp (MargaretLynetteSharp) | 82 comments Update from me: Shelleyrae, one of Goodreads top reviewers, has posted this review of A Taste of Life and Love in Australia by Margaret Lynette SharpA Taste of Life and Love in Australia, which is full of romantic Short Stories and Vignettes
http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

message 45: by Ute (new)

Ute Carbone (widldwords) | 104 comments My romantic comedy, The P-Town Queen is available at Amazon and most other e-book retailers. Check it out here on Goodreads:
The P-Town Queen

message 46: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 11791 comments Thanks for letting us know, Ute!

message 47: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 18242 comments Thanks, Ute!

message 48: by Ella (new)

Ella Frank (EllaFrank) | 69 comments Morning all,

My hot contemproary romance, Exquisite Exquisite by Ella Frank is now for sale at amazon for $2.99 or free to Prime members.

I'd love to share this with you romantic readers and see what you all think.

http://www.amazon.com/Exquisite-Serie...

You can contact me her at GR, facebook or at my blog :http://ellafrank30.wordpress.com/

I'd love your opinion as a review on the amazon page or anywhere you want to give it. I love to write so feel free to contact me.

Have a great day

Xx Ella

message 49: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 11791 comments Thanks, Ella, for the info and I will check it out!

message 50: by Ella (new)

Ella Frank (EllaFrank) | 69 comments Pamela(AllHoney) wrote: "Thanks, Ella, for the info and I will check it out!"

Fantastic, I hope you enjoy :)

« previous 1 3

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

After Midnight (other topics)
The Kure (other topics)
The Possibilities of Amy (other topics)
The Cruise - All That Glitters (other topics)
A Beautiful Cage (other topics)
More...