Patricia Briggs Fans discussion

Characters > Anna Latham (Alpha and Omega series)

Comments (showing 1-32 of 32) (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 553 comments Mod
Anna is an omega wolf, a very rare type of werewolf who brings peace to the pack. She has quite a journey to understanding who she really is. And then there's her destiny as Charles Cornick's mate.

Carolyn F. | 87 comments I really like her. I like that she didn't run from Charles and play that game where she's fighting being his mate and giving Charles all kinds of grief about that. Although she did mention that because of what had happened with her first pack she didn't think she liked sex. I liked that Charles just gave her space and let her come to him when she was ready - or rather when her wolf was ready. I loved that her wolf would take over during the really traumatic times in her life as a werewolf so it could lessen some of the pain Anna was going through.

Darcy (Sunnytat462) | 74 comments I agree with a lot of what you said Carolyn. It would have been very easy for her to curl up in a ball for a while. She didn't she took what happened with Charles and started on with her new life as much as that scared her. I wonder if this must be part of what makes her an Omega.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 553 comments Mod
Anna is a wonderful character. I love her as much as Mercy, as that's saying something.

Bry (utqtbry) | 116 comments Mod
You're totally right Carolyn! I also liked how her wolf would protect her and try to shield her from the trauma. Not to mention Charles reasoning with her wolf when it would take control to make sure Anna was OK with everything it was doing.

Ann aka Iftcan (Iftcan) | 250 comments I think that Anna might be one of the strongest females in modern PNR--simply because of what she's SURVIVED. I have worked (volunteer) Rape Crisis and have had friends who were raped. Believe me, to survive that, you have to be strong. And to survive it being done repeatedly. . .

I agree with you, Ann. I think that female strength has become associated with the stereotype of the kickbutt heroine, ala Anita Blake. That's just one kind of female strength. But there are many women like Anna, who put that to shame, IMHO.

Darcy (Sunnytat462) | 74 comments I agree with both of you Ann and Danielle. There are different types of strength. While so often in PNR/UF you see a woman that is physically strong. But to survive what Anna went through you have to be mentally strong and have a will to survive that is strong as well.

And the way she took on Mariposa in Cry Moon...that kid was scary. That took a lot of bravery.

SheLove2Read (SherriH95) Question: because Anna is a "made" werewolf, she and Charles cannot get pregnant. But I know that Charles has some pretty good magic of his own as well as knowing people in high places. Do you think they will ever have a child?

I wish they could. I don't think Charles would risk Anna's life that way, though. What do you think? That's the one thing that makes me sad with this series.

Darcy (Sunnytat462) | 74 comments I don't think that Anna would be able to have a child due to the world that PB set up. It would be nice, but with the ways the rules are right now it couldn't happen. As for Charles magic, it seems like his magic only encompasses him.

Carolyn F. | 87 comments I think Mercy could though because she's a magical shifter without the absolute need to change. I'm hoping that happens for her and Adam. I thought that was one of the reasons why Samuel really wanted it to work out between them.

Darcy (Sunnytat462) | 74 comments Carolyn F. wrote: "I think Mercy could though because she's a magical shifter without the absolute need to change. I'm hoping that happens for her and Adam. I thought that was one of the reasons why Samuel really w..."

PB has even stated that in the first book. I would love to see Mercy and Adam have kids, although all the weird things would need to slow down in her life first.

Ann aka Iftcan (Iftcan) | 250 comments Actually I've been wondering about that too Sherri. PB DID say that Anna could access Charles magic through their mate bond. And his mother was able to control her body through magic in order to have him (which is why he's the only known "born" were-wolf.) So I think it might, possibly, maybe be a remote possibility. But I also don't really see Anna wanting to HAVE a child of her own, simply because of what their world is like. I also don't think that Charles has that same driving NEED for a child that Samuel has/had. And then, we come to Charles role in the Pack. For Anna and him to feel "safe" having a child, he'd have to stop being Bran's enforcer. And I don't really see that happening either.

SheLove2Read (SherriH95) I don't see him stopping as enforcer either. Maybe it will become a situation where they adopt a child somehow. I think Anna would be a fantastic mother.

Adam | 11 comments They need to have like a massive adam and mercy meet anna and charles in one of the books. I thought it was in seattle for the alpha meeting thing that adam might make a apperance but no. The two couples must MEET!

Bry (utqtbry) | 116 comments Mod
Oh wow, that would be awesome!

I'll have to think on who I would cast as Anna.

SheLove2Read (SherriH95) Sedanur wrote: "Anna is calm and elegant. She sometimes seems a little passive beside Charles. "

You have to remember all that Anna has been through though. To become a werewolf you have to be attacked to the point of DEATH. Then she was raped repeatedly by her pack and abused mentally. I'd be passive too. But throw in Charles, who's a super alpha and an enforcer to boot....that's got to be tough, even knowing Charles loves her.

SheLove2Read (SherriH95) Not like Charles?! For shame! LOL I love Charles. I think he is misunderstood by many.

I hope Ben gets his HEA too. He needs someone to protect I think, definitely a submissive wolf.

Carolyn F. | 87 comments I love Charles too. I like the way he is with Anna. Love them together.

SheLove2Read (SherriH95) Sam is actually not moderate. He just keeps it wrapped up around Adam. Its said multiple times that were Samuel not a "lone wolf" he could easily challenge Adam for the pack, because he is more dominant than Adam. He just chooses not to because he doesn't want the pack.

Carolyn F. | 87 comments I agree Sherri, I think most of them hide how dominant they are.

SheLove2Read (SherriH95) Hmm. I think we'll have to agree to disagree there! I see that as very dominant - he's able to control his reaction to Adam when a moderate wolf might not, especially as injured as he was in SB.

Ann aka Iftcan (Iftcan) | 250 comments I agree with Sherri--its because Sam IS so dominate that he doesn't feel the need to challenge Adam.

Also, doesn't anyone else remember in Mooncalled when Mercy is remembering what her foster father said about dominate Alphas? First was Bran, then Charles and Samuel THEN Adam? So appearantly the only 3 wolves that are more dominate than Adam are Bran, Charles and Sam. And also, in Alpha and Omega, remember that Ali (who is also an Alpha) has so many problems with Charles being more dominate that he is always challenging him?

SheLove2Read (SherriH95) Good point Ann. I forgot about that in Alpha & Omega.

I think that Bran must breed really dominant werewolves in his line.

SheLove2Read (SherriH95) Well with Charles, there's also the magic from his mother. But with Samuel, I would say he gets alot of his dominance from Bran, who is, the ultimate werewolf being the Marrok.

SheLove2Read (SherriH95) Also remember that SAMUEL the wolf and SAM the wolf are somewhat separate. SAM the wolf is pure wolf in control. SAMUEL is about half wolf/half human and does have more reasoning power.

unread topics | mark unread