Q&A (and brownies) with J.J. Murray discussion

A Well-Written, Funny One-Star Review for I'M YOUR GIRL

Comments (showing 1-7)    post a comment »
dateUp_arrow    newest »

Jo (ainathiel) | 331 comments I think that it was drawn out and I didn't care for all the mini books however once the characters got together the story flowed. I am currently reading this book and I don't think it deserves one star. Jack and Diane are interesting people. He seems like a go with the flow type and she is prickly. (It is just my opinion)It seems that jack like prickly-ness and cabooses, so who am I to judge. I think that person may have been a little petty. People who hand out one star reviews or just unnecessarily negative reviews, should take the time to write a story.

Denise Tuggle (graphixgirl63) | 15 comments Yes they are! But don't give up hope they will get it right eventually!

J.J. Murray (JohnJMurray) | 249 comments Mod
Thirty minutes at a time? I need to write longer books!

To be fair to myself, I did bring two 3-D, fully realized human beings together eventually--it's the "eventually" that has grated on some readers' nerves.

People are so impatient, aren't they?

Denise Tuggle (graphixgirl63) | 15 comments JJ: You stated that "If I had cut to the chase and gotten to the romance, I might have fared better. I was trying to reveal the heroine's character by the way she reacted to the books she reviewed, and that got tedious to fulfill a contracted word count.

This I understand but I thought that the heroine was very well developed and thought out. First you developed a realistic character that I related to personally. Not being a Librarian but being a person who wonders what's up with her life sometimes and wondering if this is really all there is. As far as the romance is concerned if you had skipped straight to that then you would have not given us real insight to how these two characters jelled together and what made them tick or what was the REAL attraction. ROMANCE is okay but if you develop two complex and complicated characters based on real human emotion then you better have more to hold them together than romance or you will have a train wreck on your hands.

Lets face it life is complicated and sometimes we need to escape it in order to stay sane. At least that what happens to me when I read your material...I escape...only from the asylum of life for 30 min at a time.

Peace

Nicole Green (Niki_G) | 10 comments I'm with Denise. Just goes to show everyone's different because...I really enjoyed I'm Your Girl. In fact, I gave it four stars just yesterday when I realized I had not put your books on my Goodreads yet... Thought I had done it already, but I was wrong...

Denise Tuggle (graphixgirl63) | 15 comments Well! so much for taste! On a personal note: The book was good and you did not waste 20,000 words; But who am I; Iam just a fan who has read every book this author has written.

Sue me because I disagree with this review!

Denise

J.J. Murray (JohnJMurray) | 249 comments Mod
I'm Your Girl was not my best novel by far. I admit it. If I had cut to the chase and gotten to the romance, I might have fared better. I was trying to reveal the heroine's character by the way she reacted to the books she reviewed, and that got tedious to fulfill a contracted word count.

I'll never do that again.

A new review for I'm Your Girl appeared on Amazon.com today that is really fantastic and funny and, dare I say it, pretty durn accurate in its appraisal of the book. The reviewer writes very well and uses my words to trash the book. Really well done, and I'm not being sarcastic for a change.

Check it out by clicking here:

Funny One-Star Review of I'm Your Girl

It's kind of long, but it's worth it.

I may print it out and have it framed.

Look, Ma, no sarcasm!

unread topics | mark unread