Who's Your Author? discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives - '09 - '10 > May Suggestions - BOM

Comments (showing 1-14 of 14) (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jess (last edited Apr 18, 2010 07:16AM) (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Well, it's that time again! Time to start nominations for next month's Book Of the Month (BOM). If there is a book that you would like to nominate, please do so here.

Each person gets ONE book to nominate. The nominated books will then be put into a poll, and the two books with the most votes will be featured for May!

Here's a link to our BOM History. Please do not nominate a book we have already read as a group.

Remember, this is only a nominations thread. If someone else has already nominated the book that you want, there is no need to nominate it again.

Voting on the nominations will begin in about a week.

Thanks!

Suggestions
1. Don't Kill the Messenger by Eileen Rendahl
2. Once Bitten, Twice Shy by Jennifer Rardin
3. Incarceron by Catherine Fisher
4. The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
5. Mark of the Demon by Diana Rowland
6. Biting Nixie by Mary Hughes
7. The Scent of Shadows by Vicki Pettersson

message 4: by Kelley Anne (last edited Apr 13, 2010 10:12AM) (new)

Kelley Anne | 1619 comments I'm going to nominate Incarceron by Catherine Fisher. I've been meaning to reading this book for quite a while. Looks pretty good.

[image error]

Shannon C. I came across a humorous paranormal romance that I was very pleasantly surprised about recently. Couldn't put the book down! Laugh out loud funny, I enjoyed the characters, the fast moving story, and the quirky humor. Julian and Nixie are great together--a true case of opposites attracting.

Biting Nixie (Biting Love, #2) by Mary Hughes

Brief description:
A quirky, offbeat musician who shuns authority, Nixie is a small town gal from a good family. Her mother is constantly trying to play matchmaker to find her a good husband. The Mayor ropes Nixie into coordinating a festival fundraiser to help save their town from 'annexation' by nearby Chicago. She's told the funds will be used to pay big time lawyer fees. When she meets Julian, the big time lawyer, she's surprised at her attraction to him--a suit! With many hijinks and plot twists, she plans the fundraiser only to learn there's a lot more going on than she knew about including the fact that the big time lawyer is also a very hot vampire.

message 6: by MissSusie (last edited Apr 13, 2010 01:53PM) (new)

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (Nicholebookaholic) | 668 comments I would like to nominate Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman

message 8: by Dawn, Reading Guru (new)

Dawn (DawnV) | 3088 comments I would like to nominate Mark of the Demon
Mark of the Demon (Kara Gillian, #1) by Diana Rowland

Jess | 3721 comments Shannon wrote: "I came across a humorous paranormal romance that I was very pleasantly surprised about recently. Couldn't put the book down! Laugh out loud funny, I enjoyed the characters, the fast moving story, a..."

Shannon, I just have a question. This book is marked as being the second book in a series. Does the first book need to be read first to understand this one?

message 10: by Sandra, Challenge Junkie (new)

Sandra | 3113 comments Jess, I've read a couple of Mary Hughes' books. And NO they don't need to be read in order. And they are all very funny. I second Shannon's nomination of Biting Nixie

Kasia So, if you're still collecting nominations, here's one from me:

The Scent of Shadows by Vicki Pettersson

The Scent of Shadows  The First Sign of the Zodiac by Vicki Pettersson

Jess | 3721 comments Sandra wrote: "Jess, I've read a couple of Mary Hughes' books. And NO they don't need to be read in order. And they are all very funny. I second Shannon's nomination of Biting Nixie"

Thanks for the help Sandra! I added it to the list :)

Jess | 3721 comments Only a couple days before I post the poll, any last minute suggestions please get them in as soon as possible.

Jess | 3721 comments The suggestion thread is now closed. The poll will be put up shortly.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Don't Kill The Messenger (other topics)
Once Bitten, Twice Shy (other topics)
Incarceron (other topics)
Biting Nixie (other topics)
Neverwhere (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Eileen Rendahl (other topics)
Jennifer Rardin (other topics)
Catherine Fisher (other topics)