SFSU MFA/MA CW Students, Alumni and Faculty discussion

This group needs a revolution! A revival! A resurrection! A Renaissance!

Comments (showing 1-4 of 4) (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Mary Vogel (nerdvogel) Hey y'all SFSUsies! I just joined this group and noticed it's like, totally totally hella inactive! Come on, now! I go through periods of using goodreads, and obviously now is one of those periods. I've been playing a lot of nerdy book games, ha. But mostly I use goodreads because it encourages and reminds me to read!

What do U use goodreads for? What's your favorite thing about goodreads?

Dustin | 6 comments This group needs more hella and less inactive! I actually forget it even exists. I pretty much only use Goodreads to keep a record of books that I want to read. I used to keep a paper list but I'd always lose it.

Mary Vogel (nerdvogel) Dustin, thanks for posting! I love adding books to my list with just the click of a button but it gets a little out of hand at times, when I feel like every time I get on the site I add a new book. Sigh...

What is everyone reading?

Mary Vogel (nerdvogel) When it comes to reading, are you monogamous, or do you get your thrills from having a different book each night?

If you are monogamous, how long do you usually wait to start up a new book after you're finished with the last one? When you're nearing the end of a book, do you ever feel like you are starting to get sick of it? Do you ever feel like you miss your old book?

If you are polygamous, how many books do you read at a time? What the most books you've ever read at one time?

As for me...
I prefer to read just one book at a time. Sometimes I have to read more than one because of school. After I'm done with a book, I like to read a little about it online through GoodReads or anywhere else. Then I usually wait about a day until starting the next one.

So I'm just curious as to what other people think when it comes to this oh-so-serious-and-important topic.

SFSU MFA/MA CW Students, Alumni and Faculty

unread topics | mark unread