Books are my life... discussion

WHAT ARE YOU READING? > What have you bought lately?

Comments (showing 1-50 of 398) (398 new)    post a comment »

message 1: by Heather B, Your Moderator (new)

Heather B (HeatherBenson) | 1345 comments Mod
Here you can share with everyone what books you have bought resently.

message 2: by zara (last edited Apr 11, 2010 10:42AM) (new)

zara (personafied) recently i bought the body finder by kimberly derting.

Erica (NightSky101) i just bought Bitten by Kelley Armstrong

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) yesterday i brought Revelations (Blue Bloods, #3) by Melissa de la Cruz, The Van Alen Legacy (Blue Bloods, #4) by Melissa de la Cruz and [image error]

message 5: by Heather B, Your Moderator (last edited Apr 11, 2010 04:43PM) (new)

Yeasterday I bought:

The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks
Black Beauty (Puffin Classics) by Anna Sewell(5 dollars)
Hourglass (Evernight, #3) by Claudia Gray
Deadly Little Lies (Touch, #2) by Laurie Faria Stolarz
Lucinda, Darkly (Demon Princess Chronicles, #1) by Sunny(4 dollars)
Kiss in the Dark (Kiss/Scarlett Wakefield, #3) by Lauren Henderson
A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks

message 6: by Heather B, Your Moderator (new)

Amy wrote: "This past week, I got The Reckoning (Darkest Powers, #3) by Kelley Armstrong
I preordered it on amazon a week before and got it on Tuesday, the release date."

Is that series any good?

message 7: by Heather B, Your Moderator (new)

ahaha I'll have to read it some time than :P

Erica (NightSky101) Bluemoon wrote: "HEATHER: Yes! It's really good."

VERY VERY GOOD!!!!!!!!!!! I love it!

message 9: by Heather B, Your Moderator (new)

How many books are there supose to be in the series?

zara (personafied) Heather wrote: "How many books are there supose to be in the series?"

its a trilogy. so I believe "the reckoning" is the last one.

message 11: by Heather B, Your Moderator (new)

Okay, that's good, maybe I'll read them soon than because I won't have to wait for other books to come out.

Evil Twin One (Ange) (teamvampire13) | 42 comments This weekend I bought Kissing Sin (Riley Jenson Guardian, #2) by Keri Arthur Tempting Evil (Riley Jenson Guardian, #3) by Keri Arthur and Dangerous Games (Riley Jenson Guardian, #4) by Keri Arthur

**Carla** I haven't bought anything recently but I will be going to buy Crank by Ellen  Hopkins only because I really want to read it and my library does not have it.

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) from RISI i got Blood Bound (Mercedes Thompson, #2) by Patricia Briggs

Natalie So far, in the month of April I've bought:
The Reckoning- by Kelly Armstrong
Hunger- by Micheal Grant
Thirst #1- by Christopher Pike
The Fallen- by Thomas E. Snegoski
and
City of Glass- by Cassandra Clare... that's all for now, but there will be more!

i<3books

Jessica B Lover Mine is released today!! I am going to try and pick it up after work if there are any in stock!

message 17: by Heather B, Your Moderator (new)

Nice, is it only out in hard cover now? I still have to read the rest of the books I haven't yet anyway though, but I don't want to get it in hard cover.

Jessica B I have no restraint... I know I should wait, I have enough books to last me... but I can't :(

message 19: by Heather B, Your Moderator (new)

I know how you feel, I'm the same way with the VA series. But it's just that I have all the others in paperback and I don't want to get this one in hardcover. And I'm not there in the series anyway, so I'll just take my time with the other books in the meantime.

Natasha (tasha_13) This month I've only bought Burned - PC Cast (latest in house of night series)

and Evernight - Claudia gray.
Is it meant to be good?

Also waiting to buy Rules of attraction - simone elkeles when it's available in the uk!!!

message 21: by Heather B, Your Moderator (new)

I liked Evernight, I'm reading the third book in that series now.

Over the weekend I bought:
Radiant Shadows (Wicked Lovely, #4) by Melissa Marr

Tasha i just bought...

Everlost (Skinjacker, #1) by Neal Shusterman Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick and [image error]

has anyone read these? are they any good?

Keara Christine (kearachristine) I got Crocodile Tears by Anthony Horowitz over Easter Vacation.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Hush, Hush is very good! I really enjoyed it :)

I recently bought Fat Cat (which I just finished) and The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting and Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater :D

message 25: by Heather B, Your Moderator (new)

Tasha wrote: "i just bought...

Everlost (Skinjacker, #1) by Neal ShustermanHush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick and [image error]

has anyone read these? are they any good?"

I read Hush Hush and loved it, it's a really great book. Haven't read the others though. Let me know what you think of The Fallen because I was thinking about reading that one.
Hope you like them all :)

message 26: by Heather B, Your Moderator (new)

Today I just bought:
First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1) by Jeaniene Frost One Dark Night by Jaid Black A Year and a Day by Sara M. Harvey

I bought them cause they were really cheep, two of them I only paid three dollars for :)
Has any one read any of them? Are they any good?

Natasha (tasha_13) Heather wrote: "Today I just bought:
First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1) by Jeaniene FrostOne Dark Night by Jaid BlackA Year and a Day by Sara M. Harvey

I bought them cause they were

really cheep, two of them I onl..."

I've read FDOC and I loved it!! Spade is so nice :D

message 28: by Heather B, Your Moderator (new)

Is that one a series?

Natasha (tasha_13) Heather wrote: "Is that one a series?"

First drop of crimson? Yeahh I think so. It's the 1st book in the night huntress world series. But it helps if you read the night huntress series (a different one) first lol

message 31: by Heather B, Your Moderator (new)

Natasha wrote: "First drop of crimson? Yeahh I think so. It's the 1st book in the night huntress world series. But it helps if you read the night huntress series (a differen..."

Oh okay, thanks.

Tran D (vampire_fan) i jst brought Burned (House of Night, #7) by P.C. Cast

message 33: by Heather B, Your Moderator (new)

I need to go out and get that, I'm not in a big rush too though. I really hope that this one is better than the last few were.

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) preordered Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, #5) by Richelle Mead

Tran D (vampire_fan) i cant wait for that to come out. i hope is good as the others.

Jessica B I just got

Lover Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #8) by J.R. Ward Dead in the Family (Sookie Stackhouse, #10) by Charlaine Harris

So excited!!! Now I have something to get me through until the 18th!! 13 more days to SPIRIT BOUND!!!! :D

message 37: by Heather B, Your Moderator (new)

I know can't wait!!! :)

Scott Carter Just bought Chronic City. So far, so good. I'm a big Motherless Brooklyn fan. Any word on when the movie is coming out?

Scott

www.blindluck.ca

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) today i got Perfect Chemistry (Perfect Chemistry Trilogy, #1) by Simone Elkeles and Wondrous Strange (Wondrous Strange, #1) by Lesley Livingston

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) today i got Blood Ties (Darke Academy, #2) by Gabriella Poole and Shadow Souls (The Vampire Diaries  The Return, #2) by L.J. Smith

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

a book

Jessica B Purchased Spirit Bound today on my lunch!!!!! Now if I could just get otu of work to go home and read it!!! :D

message 45: by Melanie (last edited May 19, 2010 04:50AM) (new)

Melanie (melaina) I'm a little nervous you'll all think I'm crazy when I post all the books I've purchased in the last 3 weeks off bookdepository (I don't know the meaning of patience OR self-control)!!! Oh well.. Lol, you ready? I'm gonna need three posts for this:-)

My order of May 6th and 10th (of which I've already read 13):
Vengeance in Death (In Death #6) by J.D. Robb Ceremony in Death (In Death, #5) by J.D. Robb Holiday in Death (In Death, #7) by J.D. Robb Conspiracy in Death (In Death, #8) by J.D. Robb Loyalty in Death (In Death, #9) by J.D. Robb Witness in Death (In Death, #10) by J.D. Robb Before Midnight  A Retelling of "Cinderella" (Once Upon a Time) by Cameron Dokey Beauty Sleep  A Retelling of "Sleeping Beauty" by Cameron Dokey The Wild Orchid  A Retelling of "The Ballad of Mulan" by Cameron Dokey Belle  A Retelling of "Beauty and the Beast" (Once Upon a Time) by Cameron Dokey The Diamond Secret  A Retelling of "Anastasia" (Once Upon a Time) by Suzanne Weyn Distant Waves by Suzanne Weyn Goddess of the Hunt (Goddess Trilogy, #1) by Tessa Dare A Kiss in Time by Alex Flinn Beastly by Alex Flinn The Storyteller's Daughter by Cameron Dokey The Ground Beneath Her Feet by Salman Rushdie The Princess and the Hound by Mette Ivie Harrison Princess Academy by Shannon Hale Fairest by Gail Carson Levine Ever by Gail Carson Levine Saving Juliet by Suzanne Selfors Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow by Jessica Day George Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George Phantom by Susan Kay Unmasqued  An Erotic Novel of The Phantom of The Opera by Colette Gale Madrigal  A novel of Gaston Leroux's The Phantom of the Opera by Jennifer Linforth Letters to Erik  The Ghost's Love Story by An Wallace The Phoenix of the Opera by Sadie Montgomery Out of the Darkness  The Phantom's Journey by Sadie Montgomery Deception  A Phantom of the Opera Novel by Shirley Yoshinaka Passion Unleashed (Demonica, #3) by Larissa Ione Desire Unchained (Demonica, #2) by Larissa Ione The Darkest Passion (Lords of the Underworld, #5) by Gena Showalter None But You (Frederick Wentworth, Captain, #1) by Susan Kaye Wings (Wings, #1) by Aprilynne Pike Spells (Wings, #2) by Aprilynne Pike Magic Bleeds (Kate Daniels, #4) by Ilona Andrews Cleopatra's Daughter by Michelle Moran Killer Dreams by Iris Johansen For the Roses (Rose, #1) by Julie Garwood The Clayborne Brides  One Pink Rose, One White Rose, One Red Rose by Julie Garwood The Bride (Lairds' Fiancees, #1) by Julie Garwood If His Kiss Is Wicked by Jo Goodman Price Of Desire by Jo Goodman Never Love A Lawman by Jo Goodman One Forbidden Evening (Zebra Historical Romance) by Jo Goodman Bride Enchanted by Edith Layton To Tempt a Bride by Edith Layton How to Seduce a Bride (Avon Romance) by Edith Layton A Bride for His Convenience by Edith Layton Too Wicked to Tame by Sophie Jordan The Wedding (Laird's Fiancees, #2) by Julie Garwood Cross Stitch (Outlander, #1) by Diana Gabaldon For the Love of a Pirate by Edith Layton Ransom (Medieval, #2) by Julie Garwood Judgment in Death (In Death #11) by J.D. Robb Betrayal in Death (In Death, #12) by J.D. Robb Seduction in Death (In Death, #13) by J.D. Robb Purity in Death (In Death, #15) by J.D. Robb Reunion in Death (In Death, #14) by J.D. Robb Heartbreaker (Buchanan, #1) by Julie Garwood The Secret (Medieval, #1) by Julie Garwood His Dark and Dangerous Ways by Edith Layton One Night With You by Sophie Jordan Surrender to Me by Sophie Jordan Sins of a Wicked Duke by Sophie Jordan In Scandal They Wed by Sophie Jordan Enticing The Prince (Kazanov Brothers Series) by Patricia Grasso To Love a Wicked Lord by Edith Layton On the Edge (The Edge, #1) by Ilona Andrews Marrying the Marquis (Flambeau Sisters) by Patricia Grasso His Darkest Hunger (Jaguar Warriors, #1) by Juliana Stone To Tempt a Saint by Kate Moore Lord of the Fading Lands (Tairen Soul, #1) by C.L. Wilson The Giver (The Giver, #1) by Lois Lowry

Melanie (melaina) 2nd part of Sunday's order :-):

My Darling Caroline by Adele Ashworth A Notorious Proposition (Winter Garden #2) by Adele Ashworth Demon Angel (The Guardians, #2) by Meljean Brook The Princess (Bride Quest, #1) by Claire Delacroix The Beauty (Bride Quest, #4) by Claire Delacroix The Damsel (Bride Quest, #2) by Claire Delacroix Survivor In Death (In Death #20) by J.D. Robb Visions in Death (In Death #19) by J.D. Robb Imitation in Death (In Death, #17) by J.D. Robb Portrait in Death (In Death #16) by J.D. Robb Divided in Death (In Death, #18) by J.D. Robb Born in Death (In Death, #23) by J.D. Robb Memory in Death (In Death, #22) by J.D. Robb Origin in Death (In Death #21) by J.D. Robb Three in Death (In Death #7.5, 12.5, 22.5) by J.D. Robb A Dangerous Beauty (The Widows Club, #1) by Sophia Nash The Kiss (The Widows Club, #2) by Sophia Nash The Duke of Shadows by Meredith Duran Bound by Your Touch by Meredith Duran Written on Your Skin by Meredith Duran Fallen (Eyes of the Republic, #1) by Claire Delacroix Guardian (Eyes of the Republic, #2) by Claire Delacroix Sizzle and Burn by Jayne Ann Krentz Remember When (includes In Death #17.5) by Nora Roberts White Lies (Arcane Society, Book 2) by Jayne Ann Krentz A Knight in Shining Armor (Montgomery Saga, #15) by Jude Deveraux Dragon Actually (Dragon Kin, #1) by G.A. Aiken About A Dragon (Dragon Kin, #2) by G.A. Aiken What A Dragon Should Know (Dragon Kin, #3) by G.A. Aiken The Third Circle (Arcane Society, Book 4) by Amanda Quick Love with the Perfect Scoundrel (Widows Club, #3) by Sophia Nash Surrender to the Devil (Scoundrels of St. James, #3) by Lorraine Heath Running Hot (Arcane Society Series) by Jayne Ann Krentz Uneasy Alliance (Famous Firsts) by Jayne Ann Krentz Kidnapped  His Innocent Mistress by Nicola Cornick The Darkest Passion (Lords of the Underworld, #5) by Gena Showalter Dark Beginnings AND The Darkest Fire AND The Darkest Prison AND The Darkest Angel  by Gena Showalter The Darkest Lie (Lords of the Underworld, #6) by Gena Showalter

And since I've read Lord of the Fading Lands (Tairen Soul, #1) by C.L. Wilson yesterday (one of the most amazing books I've read!), I have a visceral need to know what happens next, so as soon as I get home, I'm gonna order books 2 through 4 of the Tairen Soul series(hopefully I'll be able to limit myself to those! wish me luck!).. :-)

Jessica B Wow!!! Melanie... that is truly amazing! Did you get fabulous deals on all of those books?

Melanie (melaina) Lol.. For Switzerland I did:-) Here any english book is twice the US price (at least, often more), and bookdepository had better prices than Amazon (especially since you don't pay shipping!), so for me, I got a deal, but I still spent half my paycheck :-)

Jessica B What else is a paycheck for? Who needs food and clothing... I for one do not! :) Enjoy that monstrous pile of books! And be sure to let me know of any particularly good reads! ;)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8