Amazon Kindle discussion

Book Related Banter > What We're Reading on Our Kindles ...

Comments (showing 551-600 of 2,421) (2421 new)    post a comment »

mookie kong (ultramookie) i'm reading The Road.

4cats (fourcats) am reading and enjoying The Ghost and Mrs. McClure (Haunted Bookshop, #1) by Alice Kimberly

Chester | 27 comments I just finished Michael Connelly's THE CLOSERS. It's one of his Harry Bosch series that came out a few years ago. Harry has just returned to the LAPD after three years of retirement. He's assigned to the cold case unit euphemistically called Open-Unsolved. His investigation of the nearly twenty-year-old murder of a teenage girl involves racial tensions and problems in the police department. Excellent as usual for Connelly.

Steve Anderson Just finished True Grit. Great story and characters and so well written. Highly recommended -- it definitely lives up to its reputation.

message 555: by Miriam (last edited Feb 18, 2011 07:50AM) (new)

Miriam I'm almost finished reading Through Black Spruce. I wish Boyden was better at creating distinct voices, particularly since he's written two books that alternates narratives, but other than that I'm really enjoying the book. Will's a great character.

Next is a bunch of dead tree books.

Arthur | 7 comments I'm reading Cliff Burns' mystery

Love his writing. Dark. Somewhat supernatural. Very mysterious.

Michelle | 6 comments I'm reading Carrion Comfrort by Dan Simmons. It's a great book so far, but I feel that I need my full attention focused on it when reading it.

Anita I just started reading Easily Amused by Karen McQuestion, I loved A Shattered Life, so I'm anxious to read another by her.

Laura Leblanc | 6 comments Just started Fall of Giants by Ken Follett...a "big" book that I can now carry with me in my purse...I love my Kindle.

Randy | 29 comments Chasing Greatness. It's about the 1973 U.S.(golf) Open.Chasing Greatness: Johnny Miller, Arnold Palmer, and the Miracle at Oakmont

Michael Mora (frelling_cute) | 8 comments Just finished reading, 30 Days and Counting by Terrence Jackson and though I liked the characters and the romance between the two Men there is a fast left turn towards the end thats spoiled the book for me.
Off to read the Discovery of Witches.

Randy | 29 comments Also, would you believe:
English Grammar for Dummies

Laura Leblanc | 6 comments Grace wrote: "Just finished Outlander (Outlander, #1) by Diana Gabaldon and moving onto by Lisa Kleyplas. Keeping the HR nicely topped up. Devil in Winter (Wallflowers, #3) by Lisa Kleypas"

I really loved Outlander (#1) so I kept on with the series, I'm currently bogged down with drums of Autumn (#4) and am finding it a lot of "same old same old".

Laura Leblanc | 6 comments Andrea wrote: "Grace... is Outlander good? I have seen it mentioned in several threads and have thought about reading it. How would you sum it up? Is it easy to follow?"

Outlander (#1) is great. Historical fiction with a time travelers twist.

Patricia (PG4003) | 243 comments Laura wrote: "Just started Fall of Giants by Ken Follett...a "big" book that I can now carry with me in my purse...I love my Kindle."

I loved this book, Laura. I wonder when the sequel is coming out?

Patricia (PG4003) | 243 comments I really loved Outlander (#1) so I..."

Laura, I'm on book 5 now, A Breath of Snow and Ashes, and I'm reading it in between other books. I loved the first 2 books in this series because of the love scenes with Jamie and Claire, but all this history stuff is getting to me. I'm going to finish them all, but I'm not loving this one as much as the first ones.

Angela (AngelaH110) | 82 comments Patricia wrote: "I really loved Outlander (#1) so I..."

Laura, I'm on book 5 now, A Breath of Snow and Ashes, and I'm reading it in between other books. I loved the first 2 books in this series because of the l..."

I love this series. It takes the author 2-3 years for each book because of all the research involved.

Laura Leblanc | 6 comments Laura, I'm on book 5 now, A Breath of Snow and Ashes, and I'm reading it in between other books. I loved the first 2 books in this series because of the l..."

Patricia, I hear you on that, Jamie Fraser is one fine specimen of Scottish manhood. lol

Sinuhe (dubyte) | 21 comments Yesterday I started The name of the wind, In my work everbody talk good things about this book.

Regards

Angela (AngelaH110) | 82 comments I have started Bloody Mary by J A Konrath. Love this series though it tends to be graphic.

message 571: by [deleted user] (new)

Finished "Hands of my Father" on Friday, and decided to move onto something different. Am now reading "A Discovery of Witches".

message 573: by Sue (new)

Sue Tint (SueTintLovesIndies) Laura wrote: "Grace wrote: "Just finished Outlander (Outlander, #1) by Diana Gabaldon and moving onto by Lisa Kleyplas. Keeping the HR nicely topped up. Devil in Winter (Wallflowers, #3) by Lisa Kleypas"

I really loved Outlander (#1) so I..."

I absolutely LOVED Outlander,, it was a book that I just ate up,, couldn't get enough of it. I moved on to the second book and am about half way through and had to put it down,, I am finding it to be sort of the same of the same... I still would like to see what happens with Claire and Jamie,, but I'll have to pick it up again another time

stormhawk | 539 comments Hope you enjoy the adventure! I'm not familiar with that book. Load up on some free classics you've been meaning to get to for years, and I'm also sure you'll get a lot of good recommendations from folks here on GR.

Regina (ReginaR) I enjoy Lisa Kleypas and loved Outlander too.

I am reading:

Heir to the Shadows (The Black Jewels, #2) by Anne Bishopon my Kindle and (*hides head*) some library ebooks on my nook. :)

message 576: by Kae (new)

Kae Cheatham (uppitywoman) | 37 comments Parishreader wrote: "Anyone read The Coffee Shop Chronicles of New Orleans? That was my first (and so far only read) on Kindle. I'm just dipping my toes into the e-reader world."

I didn't realize that was available on Kindle. I'll have to get a sample.

Jessica (BookFairy76) | 14 comments Parishreader wrote: "Anyone read The Coffee Shop Chronicles of New Orleans? That was my first (and so far only read) on Kindle. I'm just dipping my toes into the e-reader world."

I agree with Stormhawk. There are lots of free books you can download to your Kindle from the Amazon Kindle store including many classic and contemporary novels. I have found lots of great books! Let us know what you find :-)

message 578: by Angela (last edited Feb 25, 2011 05:27PM) (new)

Angela (AngelaH110) | 82 comments I just finished Bloody Maryby J A Konrath
Now I'm on Godchild by Vincent Zandri

Traci (highxflyer) | 33 comments I'm currently reading The Sculptor by Gregory Funaro. I just started it today and I'm only about 25% through it.

Sherry | 4 comments I am just starting Family History by Dani Shapiro.....

Steve Anderson About a third into the historical mystery The Empty Mirror by J. Sydney Jones. It's set in 1890s Vienna, where renowned Austrian artist Gustav Klimt is a prime suspect for grisly murders. Good stuff with various historical figures in cameos including Mark Twain, and it's holding up pretty well in comparison to my last read, True Grit — definitely a tough act to follow.

message 582: by Erin (new)

Erin | 1 comments Im reading Anthem by Ayn Rand, its really weird, Im only reading it because Im entering an essay contest for it. Has anyone else read it? Cause Im having trouble getting through it.

message 584: by Gill (new)

Gill (Lockwdg) | 49 comments I'm reading Wish by Alexandra Bullen and going to start Room by Emma Donoghue next

message 585: by Traci (last edited Mar 02, 2011 03:55PM) (new)

Traci (highxflyer) | 33 comments I'm currently reading Protector by Laurel Dewey

message 586: by Vic (last edited Mar 02, 2011 06:46PM) (new)

Vic (Vicaet) | 4 comments Just finished River Marked (Mercedes Thompson, #6) by Patricia Briggs

Christina Ann (Christina_Ann) | 3 comments I'm currently reading The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins then onto Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) by Suzanne Collins and Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins to finish the series!

message 588: by Bj (last edited Mar 03, 2011 06:16PM) (new)

Bj Hunter (BJHunter) | 40 comments I am 48% through The Hangman's Daughter, so far it is very good. The Hangman's Daughter by Oliver Pötzsch

message 589: by Bj (new)

Bj Hunter (BJHunter) | 40 comments Christopher wrote: "Finished "Hands of my Father" on Friday, and decided to move onto something different. Am now reading "A Discovery of Witches"."

I would love to read it, but the price is a no go for me. I have set a paperback price or less limit for all my e-books due to the dh being laid off for almost a year. Actually when he gets back to work I may keep that rule for myself since I have gotten used to it.

Grace Elliot (httpwwwgoodreadscomGraceElliot) | 34 comments The Conqueror by Brenda Joyce.

Barbara (babs88) | 4 comments Books on the Knob. Blog about free Kindle Books. Here are two titles that were just posted today (3/6/11) The Immigrants and Best little stories from the civil war.

Colette Guerin (ColetteGuerin) | 5 comments Erin wrote: "Im reading Anthem by Ayn Rand, its really weird, Im only reading it because Im entering an essay contest for it. Has anyone else read it? Cause Im having trouble getting through it."

Rand's "Anthem" is just dystopian literature. I like Rand, but "Anthem" seems to be a rip off of Yvgeny Zamyatin's "We". Zamyatin was a Russian author who somehow escaped Stalin's wrath and had "We" published in Europe. If you were to read "We", which can be bit confusing in nature too, you would see he was the inspiration for Rand, Orwell and the like.

Chantelle (Chantelle13) | 8 comments I was reading Life of Pi but I can't get into it.

I started Jane Eyre as well.

Kelly (kellymacknits) | 2 comments Christopher wrote: "Finished "Hands of my Father" on Friday, and decided to move onto something different. Am now reading "A Discovery of Witches"."

Hi, I'm new to the group but was wondering how you are finding 'A Discovery of Witches'? I quite fancy it but was thinking of getting it with my audible credit.

Clare K. R. (Clare-Dragonfly) | 111 comments I am reading Plagues and Peoples and also The Cases That Haunt Us. Love John Douglas--he's the founder of the FBI's Behavioral Analysis Unit and he writes about the crimes he's helped solve and how he solved them, looking at the criminals' behavior. This book is about unsolved and controversial cases from the past, including Jack the Ripper, and how he would investigate and who he thinks are the real perpetrators.

Amber (bluebleeder) | 12 comments I just finished Jane Eyre and Forever Neverland. I started Eleganta: A Novel of Fairykind a few days ago.

Andrea Dutton | 10 comments Started Outlander yesterday.

Traci (highxflyer) | 33 comments Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë Haven't read it before. So far I like it.

Grace Elliot (httpwwwgoodreadscomGraceElliot) | 34 comments Andrea wrote: "Started Outlander yesterday."

I read it because I was looking for a book with a strong alpha hero for a club read. I wouldnt give away any spoilers but its one hell of a read....

Karie | 1 comments Halfway through the Illustrated man by Ray Bradbury. I'm not usually into scifi books (I didn't even know it was considered scifi until I saw it under that genre on another site), however this one is turning out to be pretty interesting.