Amazon Kindle discussion

Book Related Banter > What We're Reading on Our Kindles ...

Comments (showing 1,551-1,600 of 2,474) (2474 new)    post a comment »

stormhawk | 539 comments I just figured out how to do the cloud refresh on the Kindle Fire, and started flicking through my bookshelf and there it was ... 1984 ... and I thought, well, it's that time of year, so I might as well ...

Okay, so it's the end of March instead of the beginning of April, but it will be the beginning of April before you know it.

message 1553: by Ellie (new)

Ellie | 99 comments I decided its about time I started reading more classics so yesterday I started
reading Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë by Emily Bronte.

message 1554: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Barlow | 23 comments im reading Stalker which im enjoying. Getting through it quite quickly

message 1555: by Anne (new)

Anne (AnneCurrin) | 16 comments Finishing up a Stephanie Plum book, and then will be starting a Jodi Picoult book. Should be able to get a bit of reading done this week. Have several appts to take my Mom to and lots of waiting around. I have a sister who refuses to help with any of her care, so it's all left to me. But I try to be productive and read while we wait. Some weeks I can easily read 2 or 3 books.

message 1556: by Carol (new)

Carol Ryan (RightNowIsPerfect) | 21 comments I'm reading 'Drowning' Drowning by Susan Wingate

message 1557: by Bryan (new)

Bryan Alaspa (bryanalaspa) | 23 comments I just finished the Scott Westerfield Steampunk books Leviathan and Behemoth. Excellent. Technically they are YA books, but I quite enjoyed them. My first foray into steampunk.

message 1558: by Ellie (new)

Ellie | 99 comments I've just finished reading Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë tonight and now I'm about to start High Five (Stephanie Plum, #5) by Janet Evanovich.

message 1560: by Dorie (new)

Dorie (DorieAnn) I'm reading The Kingdom (Graveyard Queen #2) by Amanda Stevens by Amanda Stevens.

message 1561: by John (new)

John (crucislancer) Finished Pandora's Star, can't wait to get paid so I can get Judas Unchained to finish up this series, brilliant stuff so far. In the mean time, I'm reading Manhattan In Reverse and The Hitman's Guide to Housecleaning.

message 1563: by Ava (new)

Ava | 23 comments Now reading Truth or Dare by Dwayne S.Joseph. Started it yesterday and it's a good read so far.

message 1564: by Manugw (last edited Apr 06, 2012 03:14PM) (new)

Manugw | 10 comments I am reading The Prince of Tides by Pat Conroy, story full of moving surprises, exceedingly beautifully written,

Catherine | 4 comments I'm reading Delirium by Lauren Oliver, which has been on my TBR list FOREVER. Am about half-way and really enjoying it :)

message 1567: by Betsy (last edited Apr 08, 2012 01:25PM) (new)

Betsy | 329 comments Still reading Power, Sex, Suicide: Mitochondria and the Meaning of Life. It's very interesting but somewhat slow going since it's all new to me.

Just started Maphead: Charting the Wide, Weird World of Geography Wonks, a group read for the GR Fans of Maps Group.

Both require that I keep my tablet nearby for viewing illustrations and maps, since those don't really show up well on the kindle.

Roberta (driope) Johnny Got His Gun I'm ashamed it took me so long to get to this book

message 1572: by Ellie (new)

Ellie | 99 comments I finished High Five (Stephanie Plum, #5) by Janet Evanovich by Janet Evanovich last night and now I've started The Pearl by John Steinbeck by John Steinbeck.

message 1574: by Linda (new)

Linda Acaster (goodreadscomLindaAcaster) | 45 comments I've just started Flavia's Secret by Lindsay Townsend, which I've had waiting for far too long. It's set in Roman Britain at Aqua Sulia (Roman Bath) which I visited last year. (Must learn how to add covers!)

message 1575: by Loren (new)

Loren | 38 comments Hero: The Life and Legend of Lawrence of Arabia - a massive book that fits so nicely on a kindle. Also just finished Physics Of The Future: How Science Will Shape Human Destiny And Our Daily Lives By The Year 2100 which was borrowed from local library

Fiona (Titch) Hunt (Titch) | 249 comments Just finished A Dish Best Served Cold by Cornelius Harker

message 1577: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Barlow | 23 comments Im currently working my way through The Serial Killer Compendium by RJ Parker.

Fiona (Titch) Hunt (Titch) | 249 comments Just about to start Lure by Brian Rathbone

message 1579: by Dorie (new)

Dorie (DorieAnn) Just finished Maisie Dobbs (Maisie Dobbs, #1) by Jacqueline Winspear which I enjoyed so I'm now starting Birds of a Feather (Maisie Dobbs, #2) by Jacqueline Winspear.

MsKayle Jensen | 4 comments I am reading the last book of the Hunger Games trilogy; MockingJay

I have had a wonderful time getting involved in the lives of these characters and I think I will be sad when this book comes to an end.

message 1581: by Anika (new)

Anika (teddybear1) | 84 comments Reading Love to Eat, Hate to Eat by Elyse Fitzpatrick

For those of us how love chocolate and have a few extra pounds. Since it's not my usual read it's taking a while to get thur it.

message 1582: by Ellie (new)

Ellie | 99 comments I finished reading The Pearl by John Steinbeck by John Steinbeck last night and this morning I've started Flash and Bones by Kathy Reichs by Kathy Reichs.

Catherine | 4 comments I've just started A Game of Thrones.

A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1) by George R.R. Martin

stormhawk | 539 comments Gates of Fire: An Epic Novel of the Battle of Thermopylae - Steven Pressfield

Attended a lecture by Lt. Col. Dave Grossman. He recommended it.

message 1586: by Darlene (last edited Apr 12, 2012 12:40AM) (new)

Darlene (dar49) | 18 comments Just finished: Divine Beginnings (Partholon, #0.5) by P.C. Cast

Now enjoying: Divine By Mistake (Partholon, #1) by P.C. Cast

Fiona (Titch) Hunt (Titch) | 249 comments Reading Scale of a Dragon as my mind is being awkward @ the moment :o(

message 1588: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Barlow | 23 comments Catherine wrote: "I've just started A Game of Thrones.

A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1) by George R.R. Martin"

Hope you like it. Im currently on the 3rd in the series couldn't stop once id started

message 1589: by Vicki (new)

Vicki Hinze (vickihinze) | 95 comments Wendy wrote: "Catherine wrote: "I've just started A Game of Thrones.

Hope you like it. Im currently on the 3rd in the series couldn't stop once id started"

Oh, Catherine, I LOVED that series.

Vicki

DJ =^^= (debzee) | 32 comments Just in time for the 100th anniversary ... about 30% into The Girl Who Came Home - A Titanic Novel by Hazel Gaynor

LemonLinda (lwilliamson42353) My Ántonia by Willa Cather - one of my planned classics for the year!

message 1593: by Karen (new)

Karen (KarenWB) | 38 comments I'm reading The Hating Game by Talli Roland. it's great fun!

Catherine | 4 comments Vicki wrote: "Wendy wrote: "Catherine wrote: "I've just started A Game of Thrones.

Hope you like it. Im currently on the 3rd in the series couldn't stop onc..."

Thanks Ladies! Loving it so far... One of those series that you start late and are then eternally grateful that you have so many to catch up on!

Karen M | 108 comments Jus started a reread of The Enchanted April.

message 1597: by Ellie (new)

Ellie | 99 comments Last night I finished Flash and Bones by Kathy Reichs by Kathy Reichs and I've started reading Lone Wolf by Jodi Picoult by Jodi Picoult this morning.

message 1599: by Loren (new)

Loren | 38 comments Reading: Hero  The Life and Legend of Lawrence of Arabia by Michael Korda

Such a fun book to read, his story is basically an adventure novel

message 1600: by Harry (new)

Harry Nicholson (HarryNicholson) | 8 comments The Rough Collier
I'm well into this and enjoying the landscape and the characters that roam the Clyde Valley in the 15th century. A murder mystery that is focussed on a prehistoric body preserved in peat.