Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) Mockingjay discussion

Twilight or Hunger Games?

Comments (showing 1-50 of 724) (724 new)    post a comment »

message 1: by Ryan (new)

message 2: by Ryan (new)

Ryan Hunger Games is soooo much better! way better story better characters sorry steph you are no good!

message 3: by Emma (new) - added it

Emma hunger games!!

message 4: by Bea (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bea Hunger Games FTW!!! (for the win)

Alexandra (Alex) I really enjoy both series. The difference between the series is the writing. Although the story of the Twilight series in a compelling one, the writing is not nearly as good as Collins'

Black Queen I would pick hunger games way before twilight. I love katniss and peeta romance they have for each other.

Zion Mpeye HUNGER GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!

Carson Fuchs Twilght is a disgrace to everything! Vampires are so last year! Hunger Games all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Danielle Lapice Hunger Games all the way!

Patricia Hunger Games definitely! Never read Twilight books, never will.

Hanna[h] Cumberbatch REALLY? don't even compare twilight to the HG! lol sorry but hunger games all the way... who needs that sparkle vampiry stuff anyway?

Elizabeth Hunger Games, duh!

message 13: by Kate (new) - added it

Kate Hunger Games. Twilight was good for about three chapters, then Meyers started repeating the same thing over and over and over again in different ways. Hunger Games was so thrilling! You were sucked in from the first moment all the way to the end. It had romance, violence, politics, and a type of compelling writing style that attracted every kind of age group.

Whereas Twilight was only compelling to lonely teenage girls. It only called to one group of people and wasn't that exciting...

Johanness Never Twilight, that shall be forever ruined to me.
The Hunger Games definitely!

message 15: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma I'm so glad all of you are against Twilight. Anyone that think for a minute Twilight even compares to The Hunger Games in anyway should be killed.

Megan I love them both but i would totally choose Hunger games!!

message 17: by Eric (new)

Eric HUNGER GAMES ALL THE WAY!

Ashley The Twilight series was my favoite series, Breaking Dawn being the best in my opinion...but I just finished the Hunger Games trilogy yesterday and it is absoultely my favorite series ever. I still have a sick obsession with Twilight, but it is a different type of love for the series. I never thought a book could be as amazing as Hunger Games is from the very first page.

message 20: by Jen (new) - added it

Jen Do I even need to? The Hunger Games!!!!!

message 21: by Sara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara HUNGER GAMES!

Everley Sharp, the Clankinist TWILIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol, jk. Hunger Games for sure.

SATIN SUE    HUNGER GAMES IS WAY BETTER THEN TWILIGHT

Steven Hunger Games > Twilight.

BookCupid Fiona wrote: "I loved Twilight, but real men do not sparkle."

Loooool

message 26: by Sara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara Fiona wrote: "I loved Twilight, but real men do not sparkle.
Neither Gale or Peeta did.
Go Hunger Games!!!!"

ahahahahah! you're sooooooooo right! ;D

Avital Hunger Games has definitely gave me much to think about.
Comparing HG and Twilight, I think Twilight is more shallow and it's only plus is that it was beautifully written. That's all.
On the other hand, HG has both that and a thrilling plot, which Twilight lacks.

Sharon Hunger Games. This story will stick with me for a long time. It was emotionally exhausting. I wouldn't change a thing about it, but the ending was sad and kind of depressing. Kat had the best possible life she could in the aftermath of what happened, but it wasn't her HEA. I think she wanted Peeta.

Elizabeth HUNGER GAMES! you can't even compare them.

Amphrite(Domina Vampiress) Naractular Hunger Games. By far.

message 31: by Zoha (new) - rated it 5 stars

Zoha Twlight.

✿ℎazℯℓ - thℯ ℛock Cℎick ℱairy✿ oooh, this one's easy... HUNGER GAMES! wayyyy better in terms of plot and all.

Samantha Hunger Games, as long as they don't screw up the movie like they did for Twilight.

Camille The Hunger Games!! DUH!!!

message 35: by Emma (new) - rated it 4 stars

Emma Glaisher Couldn't stomach more than one of the Twilight novels. They remind me of Enid Blyton for teenagers. Hunger Games were real and raw, I'm 51 and was so pleased to find people are still writing such great stuff.

Loved the line above 'Real men do not sparkle'. Would like to get a badge made!

message 36: by Emma (new) - rated it 4 stars

Emma Glaisher Doh. Just realised how out of touch I am - Real men... badges and t-shirts abound! The above poster was NOT the originator. .... hangs head in shame.

Paige THE HUNGER GAMES! anyone who says twilight just hasnt read the hunger games :)

Carmen Hunger Games

Trinity The Hunger Games is so much more original and better written. Plus there are no sparkly vampires. :)

Olivia The Hunger Games. Even though I haven't read Twilight, it doesn't look very appealing to me.

message 41: by M. (new) - rated it 4 stars

M. I really don't understand why people keep comparing every new YA book that comes out with Twilight. The Hunger Games is a dystopian book and there is not even a single supernatural being in it. Not even the writing style is similar. Maybe we should start comparing Twilight with old classics like Pride and Prejudice or the Three Musketeers. Sounds ridiculous right?

Ethan Are you kidding me... HUNGER GAMES ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...

Black Queen Hunger Games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Hunger Games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rishelle HUNGER GAMES!!!!! no contest. Twilight can not even compete! haha Hunger Games RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tamara Michelle wrote: "I really don't understand why people keep comparing every new YA book that comes out with Twilight. The Hunger Games is a dystopian book and there is not even a single supernatural being in it. Not..."

i agree what does the hunger games have to do with vampires? btw i like hunger games more:D

Kaleb Firestone HUNGER GAMES WITH OUT A DOUBT

Kenzie HUNGER GAMES ALL THE WAYY!!! vampires are stupid (im not trying to be mean to people who like vampire, im just stating my opinion) because they aren't realistic! the hunger games could possibly be something that can happen in the future. but, i hope not ovc. ;)

Kenzie Fiona wrote: "I loved Twilight, but real men do not sparkle."
lollll, thats funny. :)

Phelan Archuleta HUNGER GAMES!!!
What kind choice is this?
Poor Twilight doesnt even stand a chance!

Eliana Hunger Games, no contest. Hunger Games has themes in it that are SO much more relevant in today's world. Twilight, in the grand scheme of things, is a series of books that don't really matter past the entertainment factor.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 15

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Mockingjay (other topics)
Twilight (other topics)
The Hunger Games (other topics)
More...