Happily Ever After Cafe discussion

Romance in Our Lives > Romantic Gifts

Comments (showing 1-22)    post a comment »
dateUp arrow    newest »

message 22: by Abigail (new)

Abigail Sharpe (AbigailSharpe) | 1840 comments That's sweet!

message 21: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 21459 comments Books for Valentine's Day? Clever man.

message 20: by D.C. (new)

D.C. Triana (DCTriana) | 2 comments I don't like flowers or chocolates...so for Valentine's day my boyfriend got me two leather bound journals. One for writing quotes and the other for my stories. The one with quotes in it already had a sonnet by Pablo Neruda...a beautiful gift.

message 19: by Abigail (new)

Abigail Sharpe (AbigailSharpe) | 1840 comments He's a keeper, Leslie!

message 18: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 13851 comments So Sweet!

message 17: by Leslie (new)

Leslie (chibilee02) At times when we would see each other he'd give me chocolates...which is enough for me lol

But I remember one time, when it was early in our relationship I mentioned to him that I like white roses and I think it was birthday that he got me a single white rose. I was very touched and surprised.

And two years ago for Christmas he got me Hello Kitty pj set that kept you warm when you wear it...said he knows that I get cold easily, so hopefully the pjs will keep me warm at night.

message 16: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 1006 comments Abigail wrote: "I made an offhand comment one day that I'd like an iPod speaker CD player thing for the kitchen. Hubby got one for me for Mother's Day. He's usually the flowers or gift card type, so I was thrille..."

I get the warm fuzzys when i get gifts like this.

message 15: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 13851 comments That's great, Abigail. Those guys can listen every once in a long while. lol

message 14: by Abigail (new)

Abigail Sharpe (AbigailSharpe) | 1840 comments I made an offhand comment one day that I'd like an iPod speaker CD player thing for the kitchen. Hubby got one for me for Mother's Day. He's usually the flowers or gift card type, so I was thrilled he remembered.

message 13: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 13851 comments Robin wrote:"UGGGHHHH I wouldn't like that on/off button either. Is it just the way they are or is malfunctioning?"

I only know about mine. I don't know anyone else and really haven't googled it to see.

message 12: by ♥Robin ♥ (new)

♥Robin ♥ (Scoobydoo0811) Pamela(AllHoney) wrote: "I want a kindle! Or a nook. I don't know. Maybe one or the other. I like my Sony but I won't buy another because I hate the on/off button."

I really like the Kindle and debated over Kindle or Nook. My SO's son did some research for me and decided that the Kindle had the better features/options and more free books lol. But I have heard lots of good things about both. So I guess it is just a personal preference.

UGGGHHHH I wouldn't like that on/off button either. Is it just the way they are or is malfunctioning?

message 11: by ♥Robin ♥ (new)

♥Robin ♥ (Scoobydoo0811) Lisa Kay wrote: "Did you keep both Kindle Fires, Robin? Or did you get credit at Amazon for one and spend it on books?"

I kept them both lol I use one as my personal Kindle and the other one is the household kindle for everybody to use and it can't leave the house unless I take it out. My son uses it most of the time.

message 10: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 13851 comments Mine takes me several minutes to get the on on or the off off. It just doesn't work right. You hold the button down to turn it off. It doesn't go off so I have to repeatedly hold it down until it finally goes off. Same with turning it on.

message 9: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 21459 comments What is wrong with the on/off button?

message 8: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 13851 comments I want a kindle! Or a nook. I don't know. Maybe one or the other. I like my Sony but I won't buy another because I hate the on/off button.

message 7: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 21459 comments Did you keep both Kindle Fires, Robin? Or did you get credit at Amazon for one and spend it on books?

message 6: by ♥Robin ♥ (new)

♥Robin ♥ (Scoobydoo0811) I spent most of my life being a single parent. So my mother was always the one buying things for my kids to give me for mother's day birthdays etc. So I don't really have certain types of gifts that I prefer. I am usually always grateful for whatever I get. I guess one of the more shocking gifts for me was when my SO gave me his mothers crochet stuff. I was also really surprised this past Christmas. I asked for a Kindle Fire, never expecting to get one. I usually have to save money myself for those types of things. On Christmas morning when my SO, my youngest son and I were opening presents I received not one Kindle Fire but TWO of them : ) My oldest son,my mom and step-dad got me one and then my youngest son and SO got me one. I was super shocked that they all remembered that I wanted a Kindle.

In general though, I am happy with getting books, crochet stuff, other craft stuff, clothes, chocolates or just whatever the giver wants to give me. I am just appreciative that they took the time to think of me.

message 5: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (last edited Apr 09, 2010 07:17AM) (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 13851 comments My birthday is next week and hubby wants me to tell him what I want. How romantic is that? haha
Well, I guess I should be thrilled he even thought about it. :) Should I ask for diamonds? Rubies? Pearls? or stick with my old standard - chocolate?

message 4: by Julianna (new)

Julianna (AuthorJuliannaD) | 587 comments Hey, I'd take chocolate too as long as it's dark.;-)

message 3: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 13851 comments Julie (Mom2lnb) wrote: "Books??? LOL!;-)

One of my favorite gifts from hubby are my unique roses. He got me started with a gold-dipped rose and we've been adding to my collection ever since."

How sweet!

I only get chocolates nowadays for birthday and stuff... and that's mostly cause my daughter makes her daddy get them for me :)

message 2: by Julianna (last edited Apr 08, 2010 12:12PM) (new)

Julianna (AuthorJuliannaD) | 587 comments Books??? LOL!;-)

One of my favorite gifts from hubby are my unique roses. He got me started with a gold-dipped rose and we've been adding to my collection ever since.

message 1: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 13851 comments Ever gotten a gift from significant other that really touched you? or one that made you mad?
What kind of gifts do you like to receive?
Chocolate or Flowers?
Jewelry or bowling ball? lol

unread topics | mark unread