The Runaway Jury The Runaway Jury discussion

Reviews?

Comments (showing 1-21 of 21) (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie What did you think about this book if you read it?

Adam Obviously, by my review, I liked it.

Simon The best Grisham book I have read

Adam Seriously Simon?
I haven't read The Firm yet, but is this sincerely better than The Firm?

Simon I think so, it was very fascinating, more so than the firm for sure

David The Runaway Jury is good solid Grisham. He shows his knowledge of court procedures without getting bogged down in boring stuff. It's not hard to guess the motivations behind the characters, but surprises keep the events exciting.
It's interesting comparing the book to the film. Big tobacco or Big Guns? Shows that the central idea can work in either case.

Megamarie Grisham rules!

John Herrick Absolutely terrific. My favorite Grisham was The Firm, until I read The Runaway Jury. Now it's a tie for me, perhaps just an edge to The Firm.

Robin I liked this book, did not see the movie, but I am sure Cusack does an excellent job, as usual.

message 10: by Furqan (last edited Jun 07, 2011 05:47AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Furqan Hameed I liked the book more than the movie...in the movie they were only doing charity apparently but in the book gosh it was more realistic approach.

and yes its the best book by grisham by all standards.

Michelle it has fascinated me from start to finish. although i think all of grisham's books are brilliant, this must certainly be my favourite. it left me breathless.

message 12: by Dawn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dawn Haynes-Grimes Runaway Jury is awesome- one of Grisham's best!

Robin I agree.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I thought it was very good. I learnt a lot about how the justice system works. It was also a fascinating insight into the cigarette industry.

Nikhil Singh One of the best books I've read. He knows the entire legal scene so well. I love the way he describes the part of how important the jury is to the case and to what great lengths do both sides go to get the right jury.

I haven't read "the firm" yet but will definitely read it now

message 16: by Judy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Judy Excellent book. One of Grisham's best.

Michael Jenkins Frankly the worst Grisham book I ever read.

Cintia Oh I loved it!! I think it's one of the best (along with The Firm and Time to Kill)

I read the paperback edition on the beach, and sand got into it, so then I couldn't even close it!

Abhishek This one is Grisham at his best... fast with style... lotsa twists and turns that make you go this way and that. And then the final bang is equally stunning!

Marren Very, very slow. Surprising for a Grisham

Staszek This is an excellent book, which I always recommend to my friends, also those, who don't read much of the legal genre, because I know they will get caught in the plot and will never want to put the book away without finishing. The intricacy and authenticity on the top level. It reads very fast.

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

The Runaway Jury (other topics)