What's The Name of That Book??? discussion

Children's/YA-SOLVED > SOLVED children's book with a BIG wave [s]

Comments (showing 1-7 of 7) (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Claire | 22 comments I remember reading a book about a giant wave that engulfed a town (english? new england? definitely english speaking town) was told from the perspective of a little girl. i think at one point she rides on top of a dresser when her house floods.
any ideas?

Chrissie | 1 comments Tattie's River Journey by Shirley Rousseau Murphy?

I definitely remember reading it as a kid. I think she does float on a dresser some time in the book

I had a hard time finding illustrations, but here's the cover: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/cust...

Claire | 22 comments I'll see if it is, thanks for the tip!

Krista the Krazy Kataloguer (KristatheKrazyKataloguer) | 105 comments Could it be The Terrible Wave by Marden Dahlstadt? It's a children's historical novel about the Johnstown flood in 1889.

Claire | 22 comments Yes! I think that is it. Thank you!

Jo | 2 comments This is a real reach but as a child in the '60's in Thailand, there was a similar book, but to the same. I thought it was called The Big Wave. It was from a girls prospective as a tidal wave hit the beach of her town. It was in English, but that is all I can remember.

Krista the Krazy Kataloguer (KristatheKrazyKataloguer) | 105 comments That was probably The Big Wave by Pearl Buck. Great story!

unread topics | mark unread