The Underneath The Underneath discussion

Wow. Amazing book. How'd she do that?

Comments (showing 1-10 of 10) (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lynn (last edited May 22, 2008 08:02PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lynn Wow. This is one of the best children's books I've read in a long time.
How'd she do that?
I interviewed Kathi Appelt asking her just that.

Here's the link:

So please take a look at my interview of Kathi Appelt, author of THE UNDERNEATH, on the Imaginary Blog.

http://lynnhazenimaginaryblog.blogspo...

Lynn

Suebee I agree! Just finished it. Within the first 10 pages, I was saying to myself, "Wow." Wow...a writer to rival DiCamillo. I must say the cover does NOTHING to sell this book...maybe they'll reimagine it for paperback. :) This could definitely be a movie, by the way.

message 3: by Pam (new) - rated it 4 stars

Pam I am really enjoying this book. I love how she is integrating the two stories. So far, I have found a few situations in which they resemble each other.I am intrigued to see how they will fit together in the end.

Lauren :D One of my fav books EVER!

MizziQ It kind of creeped me out but it was good.

Julia L. I loved this book. It sold out rapidly in our local book stores and had a waiting list at the library. I was sure it would win an award of some kind. Oh well, simple, beautiful writing will soon find its reward. Maybe her next book?

MizziQ It has a newberry honor award..?

Julia L. Oh? I thought it lost that award. Hope it is true.

MizziQ Me too. I loved it!

Lydia I just read this book recently and it kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time ! It's so great with the different points of view. My reading teacher and I couldn't decide what the genre was so we made one up. Folk Fantasy!

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

The Underneath (other topics)