Amazon Kindle discussion

My Kindle Is Broken -- experience with warranty?

Comments (showing 1-12 of 12) (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Regina (new)

Regina (ReginaR) My Kindle 2 was injured unintentionally today by me. I bought the accidental protection offered by Service Net through Amazon at the time of my purchase. I am wondering if anyone has experience with getting a replacement? How is service net to deal with? How long did the replacement take? I am guessing they are closed on Sunday (I just discovered this tonight/Saturday night).

I am heartbroken.

message 2: by Regina (new)

Regina (ReginaR) I just called Kindle customer service and they are sending me a new one by Tuesday!!!! This was completely my fault and they are just giving me a new one and I don't have to make a claim under teh separate insurance! Amazon (once again) has truly impressed me.

message 3: by Ralph (new)

Ralph (sunwriter) | 327 comments Mod
Amazon's customer service is truly amazing. My Kindle has broken twice - once I'm not sure how and the second time I dropped it by accident - and both times they sent me a brand new one within one day. The best part about the Kindle is they've made the outside cases able to withstand nearly anything (the inside, not so much) so even if you drop it or sit on it, it won't show any damage and you can return it by claiming it's defective. Their customer support actually told my friend to call back and leave out the part that she dropped it and she'd get a new one.

message 4: by Eric (new)

Eric Kibler My Kindle 1 began to malfunction (persistent bricking) about a year and a half after I bought it. I knew it was out of warranty, but I called customer service anyway. They sold me a refurbished (indistinguishable from new) Kindle 1 for $99. I was satisfied, all things considered.

message 5: by Regina (new)

Regina (ReginaR) Ralph and Eric that is great to hear. I am so impressed with Amazon, they know how to keep a customer satisfied and loyal!

Ann (Noumena12) (noumena12) | 34 comments I've had GREAT experience with Kindle support. My Kindle got knocked off my nightstand (thanks to the cats) and I was surprised the next morning when the screen was a mess. I called Amazon and they replaced my Kindle (and I didn't have the protection contract). [Although I did purchase it with my replacement Kindle.:] I've had trouble a couple of times either with a book that misbehaved or when I couldn't download a book I was trying to purchase. They have always been great! I did add Kindle Support to my contacts in my cellphone just in case I have trouble.

message 7: by Regina (new)

Regina (ReginaR) Lol. I think I will add them to my contacts also. What a great company.

message 8: by Craig (new)

Craig Amason | 2 comments I thought their customer service was great. They did everything possible to fix my dead Kindle remotely, then told me to pack it up and sent me a new one under my warranty. No problems since then (more than a year ago).

message 9: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk | 539 comments I dropped my Kindle1 on a hospital floor (yeah, hard tile, not the nice carpteted lobby part, of course) accidentally. I called customer service and they shipped me out a new one for $99, had it in less than 24 hours, and per their instructions sent back the broken one in the original packaging ... and got refunded for the busted one.

message 10: by Regina (new)

Regina (ReginaR) Does B&N offer the similar deal? This alone would make me want a Kindle.

message 11: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk | 539 comments I have no experience with B&N's customer service. I've been an amazon customer from the very beginning, and they have been consistently wonderful.

message 12: by Shirley (new)

Shirley (dwyatt1) | 83 comments I am glad to know that the customer service at Amazon is great.

unread topics | mark unread