Young Adult Fiction for Adults discussion

What character(s) are you infatuated with?

Comments (showing 1-50 of 475) (475 new)    post a comment »

message 1: by Victoria (last edited Mar 11, 2010 10:26AM) (new)

Victoria (Closer2Coma86) | 83 comments Let's face....we all drool over someone in our books. Which one(s) does/do it for you?

For me:

Edward Cullen from Twilight (duh!)
Tamani from Wings
Sonny Flannigan from Wondrous Strange

Lucius Vladescu from Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side
Draco Malfoy from the Harry Potter series
Eric from the Sookie Stackhouse series (not YA, but we can't look him over!)

Susan Peeta from The Hunger Games
Patch from Hush, Hush
Sam from Shiver

A.O. Peart (AOPeart) | 5 comments Eric from the Sookie Stackhouse series
Patch from Hush, Hush
Sam from Shiver
Erik from Marked (A House Of Night Novel)

Amanda Orlich (booknookreview) | 56 comments Stark from the House of Night series, Dmitri from the Vampire Academy series, and pretty much any of the Brothers from the Black Dagger Brotherhood series.

I want to read Hush, Hush. How is it?

Shannen (JosieGirl71) | 1680 comments I liked Hush, Hush. It wasn't a 5 star book for me but it was still good and I'm hoping there is a sequel. :)

Susan Hush Hush was great Amanda!! You will love it! I read it very fast and was hooked from the beginning!!

Shannen (JosieGirl71) | 1680 comments My only true infatuation is Edward from Twilight.

However, there are plenty of other YA characters that I drool over:

Sam from Shiver
Stark from House of Night series
Weasley twins from Harry Potter series

Victoria (Closer2Coma86) | 83 comments I own Hush, Hush and don't know why I haven't gotten to it yet.....what's wrong with me?!?!

Melodie (MelodieCO) Oh most definitely Eric from the Sookie books!! Then after that would be:
Edward from Twilight
Lucius from Jessica's Guide (no WAY he's a teenager!!)
Shane & Michael from Morganville Vampires
Sam from Shiver
Daniel from Fallen

Susan Victoria wrote: "I own Hush, Hush and don't know why I haven't gotten to it yet.....what's wrong with me?!?!"

I loved loved loved this book!! You have to put it on the top of your TBR pile--you wont be sorry!!

Traci | 307 comments Eric from Sookie! Definitely.
I second the Peeta nomination.
But my absolute favorite?
JACE WAYLAND. from The Mortal Instruments. hands down.

Chachic | 353 comments Ooooh literary crushes! Mine are:

Marcus Flutie from Sloppy Firsts, Second Helpings, Charmed Thirds, Fourth Comings, Perfect Fifths
Eugenides from The Thief, The Queen of Attolia, The King of Attolia
Vidanric from Crown Duel
Corlath from The Blue Sword
Char from Ella Enchanted
Po from Graceling
Howl from Howl's Moving Castle

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Victoria wrote: "Let's face....we all drool over someone in our books. Which one(s) does/do it for you?

For me:

Edward Cullen from Twilight (duh!)
Tamani from Wings
Sonny Flanni..."

I fully agree to the Draco Malfoy love. <3 the snarky, blond boys. Eric from Sookie included. :D

Long standing love for Nawat, from Trickster's Choice, as well as Numair from the Immortals series (Tamora Pierce).
Rhys from The Two Princesses of Bamarre
Jenks from Kim Harrison (not YA, but nevertheless)

Amanda Orlich (booknookreview) | 56 comments Chachic wrote: "Ooooh literary crushes! Mine are:

Marcus Flutie from Sloppy Firsts, Second Helpings, Charmed Thirds, Fourth Comings, [book:Perfect Fifths|..."

I love Howl!

Arphaxad | 335 comments Traci wrote: "Eric from Sookie! Definitely.
JACE WAYLAND. from The Mortal Instruments. hands down."

I was just marvelling at the fact that no one had mentioned Jace yet when I saw this! Seconded, he's a legend :D

Hmm, also worthy of mention: Nawat from the Trickster series and Raven from The Raging Quiet :)

Heidi *Listen. I'll just keep talking anyway. * | 7184 comments I guess I am pretty boring because I like just normal sweet guys like Peeta from Hunger Games. No super powers or "sparkly" skin for me :)

Brittany (finally graduated and can once again read for fun) | 1328 comments Heidi wrote: "I guess I am pretty boring because I like just normal sweet guys like Peeta from Hunger Games. No super powers or "sparkly" skin for me :)"

I'm kinda the same way. But I go for consistency and loyalty. I'm all about Gale from the Hunger Games and Jacob from Twilight (especially pre-wolf Jacob). They're both men of integrity and conviction. And even though they love Katniss and Bella respectively, they are also level-headed enough to realize there are bigger things going on than just the two of them. They're basically Humphery Bogart's character from Casa Blanca. I always find myself routing for them.

Although on a side note... if Gale, Peeta, Katniss, and Madge all end up happily ever after and paired up in some way I will be very disappointed. The Hunger Games are all about rising above yourself, and it's not the type of series where all the characters find a happy ending. The point is that it's worth the sacrifice!! (not the horrible Breaking Dawn Jacob/Reneesme crap)

Annie Oosterwyk I have to admit to a soft spot for Howl.

Melodie (MelodieCO) Figment wrote: "Sam from Shiver definitely and Balthazar from Evernight/Stargazer/Hourglass. Check them out if you haven't read them!"

I forgot Balthazar. Lucas is pretty hot, too.

Heidi *Listen. I'll just keep talking anyway. * | 7184 comments Brittany - you are awesome, even though you are pro Gale, I guess I can over look that (did you hear that Peep?). At least Gale is realistic. I also totally agree with you about hoping the Hunger Games ending is not tied up in a neat bow. I HATE THAT! That is one (of the 300 million) reasons I hated Breaking Dawn. Stephanie Myers - life is about choices and sometimes heartbreak. As the great Rolling Stones once said "You can't always get what you want."

Peep (Pop! Pop!) (Peep) | 2397 comments I sure did hear that! I love Gale, and he can hunt! I also loved Geric from the Goose Girl. My other two favorites are not from YA books, but I still love them, Barrons from the Fever Series by Karen Moning and Jamie from Outlander. Huh, I guess I like tough men who can fight.

Victoria (Closer2Coma86) | 83 comments Heidi wrote: "Brittany - you are awesome, even though you are pro Gale, I guess I can over look that (did you hear that Peep?). At least Gale is realistic. I also totally agree with you about hoping the Hunger ..."

Ughhh...don't get me started on Breaking Dawn. Possibly the WORST way to end a series....

Heidi *Listen. I'll just keep talking anyway. * | 7184 comments Victoria - I think we could start a whole thread on Breaking Dawn and it's faults! p.s. How could I forget to add one of my favorite "non super power" men - Costas from The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants books. Greek and hot - yummy!

Gokce ~Muslin Myst~ | 52 comments Amanda wrote: "Stark from the House of Night series, Dmitri from the Vampire Academy series, and pretty much any of the Brothers from the Black Dagger Brotherhood series.

I want to read Hush, Hush. How is it?"

Amen to the Black Dagger Brothers! :D

Shannen (JosieGirl71) | 1680 comments Ummm...once again...Edward Cullen. You said infatuated, right?

Heidi *Listen. I'll just keep talking anyway. * | 7184 comments If we are going old school, I liked Gilbert from Anne of Green Gables. If we are talking non YA, I love me some Mr. Darcy from Price and Prejudice.

Shannen (JosieGirl71) | 1680 comments Non-YA would be Jericho Barrons from the Fever series. Period. Just ask Peep!

Peep (Pop! Pop!) (Peep) | 2397 comments @ Shannen - Yep, and I already mentioned him a few posts up! LOL

Oh and Mr. Darcy *swoon*!

Jaimie (JaimieR) | 1275 comments Marcus Flutie - he's just so perfect in his imperfection! I don't think any other male lead even, dare I say Edward, compares. Don't get me wrong Edward is lovely but not very real - and I am not just saying that b/c he is a vampire. But Marcus screws up and makes it better and doesn't make it better and disappears into the desert or gives up speaking for years on end and well you get the idea. It feels like he is a real person who makes real mistakes. I guess Edward is imperfect in his perfection (not that I don't love him).

Jaimie (JaimieR) | 1275 comments Gokce wrote: "Amanda wrote: "Stark from the House of Night series, Dmitri from the Vampire Academy series, and pretty much any of the Brothers from the Black Dagger Brotherhood series.

I want to read Hush, Hush..."

BDB...ohh yeah. Got to say I didn't expect to love Rhevenge but OH DID I!

Jaimie (JaimieR) | 1275 comments Traci wrote: "Eric from Sookie! Definitely.
JACE WAYLAND. from The Mortal Instruments. hands down."

Yeah Jace is hot in that whole " I'm an @$$hole, get used to it" kind of way.

message 32: by Peep (Pop! Pop!) (last edited Mar 16, 2010 04:38PM) (new)

Peep (Pop! Pop!) (Peep) | 2397 comments *in my creepy/persuasive voice*

Jaimie you MUST try the the Fever series! The first one is Darkfever. It's not YA though. I think you might like it. :)

Jaimie (JaimieR) | 1275 comments What's its like?

Shannen (JosieGirl71) | 1680 comments Peep wrote: "*in my creepy/persuasive voice*

Jaimie you MUST try the the Fever series! The first one is Darkfever. It's not YA though. I think you might like it. :)"

YES! YES! YES!

Jaimie (JaimieR) | 1275 comments Jaimie wrote: "What's its like?"

Just read the blurb on amazon - I'm into it, Thanks. I will probably pick it after work. I was just looking for a new series to try out!

message 36: by Peep (Pop! Pop!) (last edited Mar 16, 2010 04:49PM) (new)

Peep (Pop! Pop!) (Peep) | 2397 comments Yeah! That was really fast, too. Let me know what you think. Shannen is the one who introduced me to the series and got me hooked - and I don't even like series all that much!

A warning - there are 4 books already written in this series and the fifth (and final) one doesn't come out until December. I really liked it so I plan on waiting (You like how I said that like I had a choice??)

Jaimie (JaimieR) | 1275 comments I love series b/c I end up reading like 5 books a week and they keep going and going...

Shannen (JosieGirl71) | 1680 comments Another warning about the Fever series, they have some racy scenes and are definitely not YA. But that makes them good!

Lea Ooh, you've already mentioned so many of my favorites: Gilbert Blythe, Mr. Darcy, Nawat, Marcus Flutie. I'm reading The Sky Is Everywhere right now and developing a pretty big crush on Joe Fontaine. And Calvin O'Keefe from A Wrinkle in Time has always been a favorite.

Chachic | 353 comments I'm reading The Sky Is Everywhere right now and developing a pretty big crush on Joe Fontaine.

Lea, how is The Sky Is Everywhere? I've read some good reviews of it and I'm curious. I've seen it in the bookstore but I'm not sure if I should just wait for the paperback to come out.

Heidi *Listen. I'll just keep talking anyway. * | 7184 comments OK Shannen and Peep I checked out Dark Fever, but have no hope that your man will hold a candle to Mr. Darcy. I think not. p.s. Edward is a possessive emo boy. p.s.s. I just said that to get Shannen upset:)

Heidi *Listen. I'll just keep talking anyway. * | 7184 comments What book is Marcus Flutie in????

Shannen (JosieGirl71) | 1680 comments Heidi wrote: "OK Shannen and Peep I checked out Dark Fever, but have no hope that your man will hold a candle to Mr. Darcy. I think not. p.s. Edward is a possessive emo boy. p.s.s. I just said that to get Shannen upset:) "

Possessive emo boy? Ha! Have you seen what a good dresser he is?! ;) I'd be a little PROTECTIVE too if my girlfriend was hanging out with a dog. LOL! :P

Shannen (JosieGirl71) | 1680 comments BTW - I've never read Pride and Prejudice so can't comment on the Mr. Darcy thing.

Jaimie (JaimieR) | 1275 comments Heidi wrote: "What book is Marcus Flutie in????"

The Jessica Darling series by Megan McCafferty. Starts with Sloppy Firsts. It is a MUST read. Funny but at my book store it wasn't in the YA section but she is a JR in High Scool and it is totally a YA.

Heidi *Listen. I'll just keep talking anyway. * | 7184 comments Thanks Jamie. I just added that first book earlier this morning. Now I can't wait to read it!

Heidi *Listen. I'll just keep talking anyway. * | 7184 comments Shannen wrote: "BTW - I've never read Pride and Prejudice so can't comment on the Mr. Darcy thing."

Say it ain't so Shannen. Never read it!!!!!!!!! p.s. the BBC version of the movie with Colin Firth (which I own) kicks the butt out of the more current version with Keira Knightley. I strongly dislike her - she is a terrible actress.

Peep (Pop! Pop!) (Peep) | 2397 comments Hahaha, Barrons from Dark Fever is nothing like Mr. Darcy *swoon*. They are so completely different, but they both have their perks, you know?

Shannen (JosieGirl71) | 1680 comments Nope, I've never read it. Have never seen the movie either. I think the movie might be on my Netflix list but I never seem to get to it. (I agree about Keira Knightley. She will forever be a pirate to me.)

Lea Chachic wrote: "I'm reading The Sky Is Everywhere right now and developing a pretty big crush on Joe Fontaine.

Lea, how is The Sky Is Everywhere? I've read some good reviews of it and I'm curious. I've seen it ..."

I like it quite a lot (I'm about halfway through it).

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10