Outlander Series discussion

Archived > Book 8 Excerpt

Comments (showing 1-50 of 232) (232 new)    post a comment »

Renee (Nightbird) | 334 comments Anyone reading the compuserve community? There has been a small excerpt of book 8 posted.

Unfortunately, IMO, it's Lord John with Jamie. I swear I will not buy this book new if we get more LJ. I can wait it out just fine I'm so tired of him.

Sally (larwos) | 30 comments I really like Lord John and think he adds another dimension to the books. Could you tell us the link to read this excerpt please?

Shell Schroth (MsShell) | 397 comments i just checked it out. Here's the link. Nothing too exciting, but cool nonetheless. Thx for thx for the info Renee!

http://community.compuserve.com/n/pfx...

Shell Schroth (MsShell) | 397 comments FYI...you have to scroll down a bit, to find it.

Kelly  | 234 comments Shell wrote: "FYI...you have to scroll down a bit, to find it."

Thanks Shell,
Thoughts????
I think she knows how disappointed her fans were with Echo and the ending. I'm happy to see that LJ knows he is in the wrong with Jamie.

Kimberly B. (kimberly_b) | 429 comments Thanks for the heads up Renee and thanks for the link Shell! Hmmm...it talks about LJG's liver being possibly ruptured. I wonder if Jamie gave him a few good punches before taking him prisoner? I kind of hope so!

Renee (Nightbird) | 334 comments Well, someone made the point there that by the time Jamie and Jenny got to the house they had to have spoken to Marsali to know where Claire was. So Jamie already knew that LJ and Claire were married and probably why.

Although I do hope he slugged LJ on principal of having sex with Claire when drunk.

Leslie (les2car) | 131 comments Renee wrote: "Well, someone made the point there that by the time Jamie and Jenny got to the house they had to have spoken to Marsali to know where Claire was. So Jamie already knew that LJ and Claire were marri..."

That is a good point. Jamie found Claire at LJ's house. He had to have already known why she was there. I am very curious as to why the English soldiers are chasing him now anyway! I can't wait for more excerpts.

Renee (Nightbird) | 334 comments They're chasing him because he's with the 'rebel' forces now. And he's got Lord John.

Marie Kay | 21 comments There's more!Go back to the link and read a new piece about Jem.

Lady England | 91 comments I went back to the link...couldn't find anything on Jem. What was said about Jem??? Dying to know???

Leslie (les2car) | 131 comments Someone has posted a web page with all of the excerpts at http://www.sinijari.fi/linkit/outland...

Kimberly B. (kimberly_b) | 429 comments Thanks, Leslie! It doesn't sound like Jem went through the time warp...yet.

ChristinaRae | 295 comments Oh, it's torture, just torture!!! But I read them anyway. :)

EvaS (Evikes) | 345 comments I'm trying soooooooo hard not to peak... Just about 2/3 through the FC, but the curiosity is killin' me!

Marie Kay | 21 comments Excerpt about Bree on compuserve link. message 206 on book 8 excerpt thread.

Ellen W-S | 50 comments Eva wrote: "I'm trying soooooooo hard not to peak... Just about 2/3 through the FC, but the curiosity is killin' me!"

Me too! Only 150 pp into FC so I am bookmarking all these sites for later. So curious though!

Rachel | 24 comments I am LOVING these excerpts. I'm curious what everyone thinks about the one regarding Jem in the tunnel - the electric shock that went through him. Do we think perhaps he went through? Or just felt the stones (or whatever it is that is inside that tunnel)?

Lady England | 91 comments Well, the electric shock didn't send his mom back when she went through it...but we won't know for sure until the book is out. I'm hoping he doesn't travel back by himself. Was there a tunnel where Jem is 200 years ago?

I love these exerpts too! Keep em coming.

message 20: by AJ (new)

AJ | 19 comments Oh my God oh my God!!! Thank you so much for this thread!!!!

Can't the woman write any faster!!!!!

message 21: by Missy~ (last edited Mar 17, 2010 06:56AM) (new)

Missy~ (MissyC323) | 4 comments Thanks so much for the link to the spoilers. It made my day. thank you thanks!

Although, I still need resolution between Jamie and Claire. I would like to see Claire at the very least feel/show some remorse for getting horizontal with LJ so quickly. Drunk or no...its struck me as a mighty quick on Claire's part.

Jessica Vaile (jessnic) | 33 comments These were great! I'm so excited to read more. I'm a huge LJ fan, can't help it... super excited to read more about the Jamie, Claire, John Sandwich.

I really really want Bree, Roger, and the kids to go back with Jamie and Claire. I think Bree is the only one thriving in the 20th century, poor Jem and Roger are having a rough time. I'd also be curious to see Jamie in modern times, but I don't think it would be good for him. He's got too much in the 18th century, but he seriously needs a break from war. I know he can't time travel but Diana can make whatever she wants happen.

Anyone else think William "Buck" and Rob Cameron are working together? I think it's strange that the Cameron's and Mackenzie's both got French gold, and now Rob Cameron is going back to get it... Just a thought!

Dee | 3 comments Hi, am new to the discussion. But have just embarked onto a second reading of the series. Because, quite frankly, I am at a total loss as to what to read next, so I figure I will read all again and pick up things that I didn't get or at least missed the first time.

The excerpts are little snippets of gold!!!! I am not sure I can wait 2 yrs for DG to bring out book 8. At least the excerpts are somewhat helpful.

message 24: by Leea, Escape Artist (new)

Leea | 1238 comments Ahhhhhhh!! I can't wait.... Sorry had to get that off my chest.

Missy~ (MissyC323) | 4 comments Must..not...think...about....2 year....wait.......

Has anyone heard of any new excerpts or snippits Diana may have put out?

message 26: by Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (last edited May 05, 2010 07:41AM) (new)

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (metalgirl80) | 167 comments Thanks for posting the links!

Okay, I'm confused. Why does LJG think that Jamie is going to kill him? I know Jamie is upset about him and Claire but I figured he would throw a few punches for good measure and then they would work through it. Not sure why Jamie wants to kill him and why is he a prisoner?

Tdt | 10 comments I am also new to the group - I loved the comment
" ...have just embarked onto a second reading of the series. Because, quite frankly, I am at a total loss as to what to read next, so I figure I will read all again and pick up things that I didn't get or at least missed the first time."
I think I'll have to do the same thing. I'm not willing to read the excerpts until I get through a complete read of the series a second time. It feels like I'd be peeking into Christmas packages. Hurry up Diana, the bookworm's clock is ticking !!!

Vanessa Billings | 2 comments This is my first group posting.....

I find the Claire/LJ sexual relationship completely absurd. He is gay, she is in mourning (isn't she???), and, even if they are both dead drunk......he is STILL GAY and she is STILL SAD! And as if once isn't enough, then she gives him a hand job? And what were they doing in the same room, getting dressed, when Jamie finally shows up? (Knowing GAbaldone's penchant for supressing vital info until later chapters or books, I suspect the drunk sex and the hand job sex won't be the only two encounters these two lovebirds enjoyed......Sigh, I just don't get it. BTW, I adore LJG, and his whole crazy family, especially his brother Hal.

Missy~ (MissyC323) | 4 comments Vanessa, I so agree with your assessment. I had a total WTF moment reading that chapter.
completely absurd and out of character for both Claire and John.
Ruined what was a wonderful book for me.

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (metalgirl80) | 167 comments I think I'm in the minority on this one. I don't condone what Claire and LJG did, but I can see how it could happen. I think Claire and LJG love each other in their own way and have a special relationship. They share a love for the same man, so they both felt each other's pain. What they did was out of mourning and comfort. Claire and LJG were two of the closest people to Jamie and maybe by being with each other they felt close to him again. I know, kinda twisted, but people do many things out of character in situations like this.

Kimberly B. (kimberly_b) | 429 comments Jessa--I'm with you! Those are my thoughts exactly :)

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (metalgirl80) | 167 comments Kimberly wrote: "Jessa--I'm with you! Those are my thoughts exactly :)"

Thanks, Kimberly. I thought I was alone on this one. I understand why so many people are ticked off but I was semi-okay with it. Claire would never intentionally cheat on Jamie. And at least she turned to the one person who knows exactly how lost she felt.

message 33: by Kimberly (last edited Jul 19, 2010 10:18AM) (new)

Kimberly B. (kimberly_b) | 429 comments Nope, you're not alone! I also get why a lot of readers are unhappy with the Claire/LJ development, but I really can understand the reasoning behind it (for all the reasons you listed before). We can be in the minority together, haha :)

Gyn  (GynH) | 9 comments I just finished Echo and I have to say I really liked it! I had read quite a few comments on here and had seen a spoiler about the Clair/LJG hook up and was very worried. I have to say that after having read it I am completely o.k. with it. It's clear in the book that they slept together physically but not necessarily psychologically. They were both thinking of Jamie and came together in that desperate need for connection and solace. In some ways its the same thing Jamie did with Mary McNab! I am, however, very anxious to see what this means for the relationship between Jamie/Claire and Jamie/LJG. I am there with you all and CANNOT bear waiting 2 more years!

Mary G. (nonometoo) | 319 comments I also agree. The depth of grief and despair they were experiencing is sometimes hard to imagine. I think they were just looking for a way to make it through the night one more time. DG has this theme through out her books about how her characters are able to find comfort with the touch of another human. It's really cool.

message 36: by Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (last edited Jul 20, 2010 09:13AM) (new)

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (metalgirl80) | 167 comments Wow. I'm so glad to hear others didn't hate the Claire/LJG scenes in Echo. I guess I was a little more lenient with this situation because to me it was no worse than Jamie marrying Loghaire. Jamie marrying someone else after Claire left was one thing...I understand he thought he needed to move on and begin living again....but Loghaire of all people. YUCK! ;-)

message 37: by Wan (last edited Jul 20, 2010 10:56AM) (new)

Wan  (WanWaddell) | 564 comments Mary wrote: "I also agree. The depth of grief and despair they were experiencing is sometimes hard to imagine. I think they were just looking for a way to make it through the night one more time. DG has this..."

Oh Mary, I like your choice of words "in depth of grief and despair" -- I guess once you put it that way I can see why they did what they did (bars the LJG's sexual preferences). -- Since they both loved Jamie so much and had thought that he was lost to both of them. -- They were just two human being try to cope with their losses. Alright, now I feel better about the scene.

Wan  (WanWaddell) | 564 comments Jessa wrote: "Wow. I'm so glad to hear others didn't hate the Claire/LJG scenes in Echo. I guess I was a little more lenient with this situation because to me it was no worse than Jamie marrying Loghaire. Jam..."

Jessa, YUCK! in deed.

Amy | 51 comments I'm not grossed out by the Claire/LJG thing... kind of can't wait to see what will happen! What I am disappointed in though, is the fact that Claire just assumes Jamie is dead. Given Claire's personal experience with ships and sea voyages, I would think there would have been a shadow of a doubt regarding whether he lived or not. She herself has never arrived on land upon a boat she originally set out on. Adventures on the high seas being what they are, I would rather hope she would have married LJG out of necessity but maybe waited just a bit to grieve as she did. That being said... I can't wait to see how it all plays out and am willing to forgo my issues to read some super saucey literature!!!

Mairicat | 53 comments Kimberly wrote: "Nope, you're not alone! I also get why a lot of readers are unhappy with the Claire/LJ development, but I really can understand the reasoning behind it (for all the reasons you listed before). We..."

I can join you in the minority. I was a little surprised, but not too much by the Claire/LJ thing but can easily see how it happened. So true about the human touch and comfort. It's not exactly like they had the hots for each other or that LF suddenly "turned" straight. I don't know how forgiving I would feel about one of those implausible circumstances!

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (metalgirl80) | 167 comments Yay, Mairicat! Our 'minority' group is slowly building. LOL. I totally get what you're saying. Claire and LJG love each other...not in the way Jamie and Claire love each other, but they still have a special bond. I think that Claire and LJG were both so distraught....and they felt that maybe turning to someone who knows the exact pain your suffering might just eleviate a tiny bit of the heart-break.

Mairicat | 53 comments Jessa wrote: "Yay, Mairicat! Our 'minority' group is slowly building. LOL. I totally get what you're saying. Claire and LJG love each other...not in the way Jamie and Claire love each other, but they still h..."

My thoughts exactly. There are others in other threads who agree with us too! Maybe those who totally hate the Claire/LJ connection have just been more vocal. Which is awesome really - makes for great discussions. How boring would it be if no one disagreed?!

Regina (ReginaR) | 80 comments Any hint on the compuserve community abuot when #8 will be released?

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (metalgirl80) | 167 comments Mairicat, yes, it makes for great debate! I love to discuss anything with this series.

Regina, I haven't heard anything yet. I would love to have an idea when Book 8 is going to be released. Hopefully, someone will find out soon and let us know.

Regina (ReginaR) | 80 comments Jessa, I had been thinking it was 3 years from now, but if there are excerpts! ...... :)

Mairicat | 53 comments Regina wrote: "Jessa, I had been thinking it was 3 years from now, but if there are excerpts! ...... :)"

Somewhere I thought Diana said it would be 2013. So that's what I'm counting on so I'm not disappointed. There are excerpts but she also commented that in another of the books there were hundreds (or did she say thousands??), of excerpts on Compuserve before the book was released. And there are only a handful so far on book 8. I just hope she keeps 'em coming. Help! Throw us a rope here!

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (metalgirl80) | 167 comments Mairicat wrote: "Regina wrote: "Jessa, I had been thinking it was 3 years from now, but if there are excerpts! ...... :)"

Somewhere I thought Diana said it would be 2013. So that's what I'm counting on so I'm not..."

2013 is a long ways away. *sigh* I don't want to rush her or anything but I want that book NOW. lol

Regina (ReginaR) | 80 comments Just confirms my reasoning for not finishing Echo right now, no matter how difficult it is to wait.

Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide (metalgirl80) | 167 comments You have a much stronger will than I do, Regina. I couldn't wait to read Echo. But, I envy you cause I almost(keyword being almost) regret reading it....only because of the huge cliffhangers. I still loved every second of it though, even if its torture waiting for Book 8.

I need to stay away from the excerpts because they just make it worse. Reading them puts a lot of theories in your head and its frustrating to not know whats really going on.

Regina (ReginaR) | 80 comments Jessa it is hard not reading. I am almost thinking of deleting this group, LOL, b/c everyday I have to talk myself down .....

« previous 1 3 4 5

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Exile: An Outlander Graphic Novel (other topics)