Delirity discussion

Author F > Night Huntress - J. Frost

Comments (showing 1-50 of 315) (315 new)    post a comment »

message 1: by Heather (last edited Sep 04, 2011 08:33PM) (new)

Heather Tisdale (Horrorvacui000) | 5787 comments Mod
They're wonderful and I know Katie's currently reading them so you talk about the series here. Please just be sure to add the book title to the spoiler so we know which one you're talking about.

Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2) by Jeaniene Frost At Grave's End (Night Huntress, #3) by Jeaniene Frost Destined for an Early Grave (Night Huntress, #4) by Jeaniene Frost This Side of the Grave (Night Huntress, #5) by Jeaniene FrostOne Grave at a Time

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) i love this series and i LOVE Bones he is one of my favourite characters ever. the third book has so much going on its so good

The 3rd was my favorite. Where are you at in it? A new character comes into play that I just loved.

Carrie (Care) (Care76) | 1735 comments I liked the first and fourth the best. The first because I love getting to know Bones, and the 4th was just awesome IMO! It was like an emotional roller coaster ride.

The first one was great. The 4th was a bit of a ride. The 3rd made me cry for pages, which is rare. Book 4 made me pissed instead of sad for some reason.

message 6: by ~Kate~ (last edited Mar 10, 2010 01:47PM) (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) Heather wrote: "The 3rd was my favorite. Where are you at in it? A new character comes into play that I just loved."

*Spoiler*

am on chapter 23 if you mean Vlad yes i have met him he seems like he is going to be just as funny as Bones. and yes i cried as well even though i read the last few pages glad i did as other wise i would have been in floods lol

message 7: by Carrie (Care) (last edited Mar 09, 2010 03:38PM) (new)

Carrie (Care) (Care76) | 1735 comments I never cried while reading any of the NH books.

*SPOILER*

Especially in the 3rd because I guess I knew it wouldn't be true.

Add a spoiler to that missy. =) That's a big give away!

***Spoiler***(book 3)
I hoped it wouldn't be true, but my husbands grandfather had just died so I was a little overly emotional. Plus, I kept thinking about what I'd do if that was my husband and then the tears just kept coming.

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) yeah my nanna died in January so i guess i could be a little emotional too

Carrie (Care) (Care76) | 1735 comments Oooops, I am usually so good with spoilers. Katie should add one too as we said almost the same thing but in different ways.

Katie and Heather, I am sorry for your loss. :(

That's why I put a smiley. =)
Thanks for caring.

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) yeah thanks Carrie

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments I'm officially in love with all of these books! :)

I devoured all of these in less than one-one and a half weeks, and now that I finished First Drop of Crimson, I am so sad because there's nothing more for me to read that has to do with the Night Huntress world. =/ I think I saw on Frost's page here that she wrote a short story about NH world that's available in ebook, so I'm going to check that out. If I'm craving more NH books I might just go back and read one of the books (or more) over, even though I JUST read them, hehe.

Darcy (Sunnytat462) | 2451 comments Jasmine if you find the e-story let us know. I am looking forward to Mencheres story, but the bad thing is that these 2 spin off books make us wait longer for a Cat and Bones book. :(

I know. It's taking forever.

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments that is very true Darcy. =/

those short stories that I saw are actually just parts of anthologies. She wrote-

"One For The Money" for Death's Excellent Vacation (Includes  Night Huntress, #4.5) by Charlaine Harris- set after Destined for an Early Grave, about Bones and Cat.

"The Reckoning" for Unbound  by Kim Harrison- a prequel to the NH series, featuring Bones.

She has written some other short stories, but I believe these are the only two that have to do with characters of the NH series; not just random characters in the NH world.

I found some great Night Huntress outtakes here- http://forums.frostfans.com/viewforum... (in case you didn't know about the deleted scenes posted there.)

Darcy (Sunnytat462) | 2451 comments Thanks Jasmine!! I did read unbound and have the other on request at the library. Sometimes these anthologies will slip by me.

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments Same. :) I'm getting those two out just for the Cat and Bones stories, LOL.

I read Unbound too. After reading through all of her books I went hunting for short stories. -) They make you obsessive. It'd love to see this made into a TV show.

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments **spoiler for Destined For An Early Grave**

I told my mom how Cat&Bones basically adopted a ghost, and she burst out laughing. :) She said that they should make that series into a TV show too, loll.

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments If you go to http://forums.frostfans.com/viewtopic... you can read some sentences from Eternal Kiss of Darkness. =]

message 22: by Heather (last edited Jun 30, 2010 12:28AM) (new)

While waiting for Eclipse to start I downloaded book 1 to my kindle and handed it to my friend. She got so into it that she didn't want to put it down to watch the movie. She's a super fan and I love that she was all for ignoring the movie to read about Bones.

Problem is...now I want to reread!

Darcy (Sunnytat462) | 2451 comments That is too funny Heather!!

This Side of the Grave (Night Huntress, #5) by Jeaniene Frost

They just released the cover for book 5.

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments I love that cover! I think it's my favorite so far. (:

Now we just have to wait until February.

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments *sigh*, that we do. =(

Lisa S (kasey_k_fan) Oh My! I've only read the first book. I own the 2nd and 3rd. It sounds like I need to read on. LOL

How did you stop yourself after book 1? I didn't know it was possible to just read 1 of them.

Lisa S (kasey_k_fan) I had a lot of other things to get finished and I didn't own them yet. My library only had the first one.

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) i keep saying to myself that i will re-read the series near to Feb but i dont think i will hold out i do have Eternal Kiss Of Darkness to read and then i think i might have to read Cat and Bones again : ) i do love the new cover it does fit in with the others have you seen the other part to it with Bones i think that will be the inside cover like One Foot In The Grave.

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 317 comments ~♡Katie♡~ wrote: "i keep saying to myself that i will re-read the series near to Feb but i dont think i will hold out i do have Eternal Kiss Of Darkness to read and then i think i might have to read Cat and Bones ag..."

I love that other part with Bones with the new cover of This Side of the Grave. I hope it will be inside the book too. Can't wait until This Side of the Grave releases!

Angela B I know I know "read these now!"

I'm trying I'm trying I swear I am

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments Heather wrote: "How did you stop yourself after book 1? I didn't know it was possible to just read 1 of them."

I feel like that should be part of a pringles commercial. loll, just replace read with eat and book with pringle, ahah.

I was wondering where the Bones picture would be a Katie. I hope it's in the ebook version, O.o. I want that picture bad! hehee.

I also have EKOD to read. I might reread parts of Cat and Bones before reading EKOD though. I haven't read parts of the NH books since July. Way to long ago. ;)

message 36: by Jasmine (last edited Aug 28, 2010 07:12PM) (new)

Jasmine  (jadorejas94) | 950 comments AHHHHHH! *hyperventilates* I had no idea the full photo was up yet! I love it. Definitely going to be my background for my Mac. :D

Lisa S (kasey_k_fan) Wow! Thanks Heather. I just set that as my wallpaper background. LOL

=)

Carrie (Care) (Care76) | 1735 comments Mmmmmmmmmmmmm, Bones. Sweet dreams ladies, I know mine will be.

Stacia (out of inspiration) (Stacia_R) | 826 comments I just read Halfway to the Grave and this is what I've been waiting for in a UF. I like books where the action picks up right away, and this one didn't disappoint.

Very excited to continue reading this series. :)

message 41: by Heather (last edited Sep 01, 2010 12:04AM) (new)

It's UF and PNR all rolled up into one. You get the best of both worlds and that's what's great about it. I gave the whole series 5 stars and that's a first for me.
Did you get to chapter 2 and just go, "I'm sold!" the minute Bones starts teasing?

Jessica B | 284 comments loved Loved LOVED this series! I adored Bones from the start one of the most swoonworthy heros I've come across. Not only that I loved all of the characters from the series and can't beleive I didn't read them all until this year. Getting really excited for the next release!

I also have Unbound and Death's Excellent Vacation on my TBR pile!

Lisa S (kasey_k_fan) Stacia, have you read Spider's Bite

Lisa S (kasey_k_fan) It grabbed me from page one. Early action.

Carrie (Care) (Care76) | 1735 comments I didn't really love the Mercy books. I read the first two, and they were ok, but nothing that made me want to pick up the next one. I love KD though. Not so much the first, but by the time I got to the third I was so hooked.

Lisa S (kasey_k_fan) I only read the first Mercy Thompson and I didn't like it. I was in a reading rut then, so I don't know if it was the rut or it just wasn't good. I didn't like the Kate Daniels either. But only read one.

Melodie (MelodieCO) What's not to love about this series! It did take me some time to start it, tho, because I thought the cover on the first one was so cheesy looking. I didn't star reading them until shortly before the 3rd book came out. There is a short story in Weddings From Hell by Maggie Shayne in which Bones makes an appearance.

Here's info from Frost's blog:

"Well, I am thrilled to announce that I will be writing two more novels for the Night Huntress series, ending Cat and Bones’s storyline now at book nine instead of seven. AND, if that wasn’t enough to make my day, I am also contracted to write the first two books in a new series featuring – you guessed it – Vlad as the hero and a new character named Leila as the heroine."

I'm both happy and sad. I'm glad I'm getting extra books and a series on Vlad, but sad that the series will stop at 9. Maybe that's good so it's not over done, but I still don't want to say goodbye.

Zuleika OMG YES. More books and a spinoff! This is such good news. I'm getting kind of emotional picturing the end though haha

Darcy (Sunnytat462) | 2451 comments Heather wrote: "Here's info from Frost's blog:

"Well, I am thrilled to announce that I will be writing two more novels for the Night Huntress series, ending Cat and Bones’s storyline now at book nine instead of s..."

That is both good and bad news. I can't wait for Vlad's book.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Unbound (other topics)
Death's Excellent Vacation (other topics)
At Grave's End (other topics)
Destined for an Early Grave (other topics)
Halfway to the Grave (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Ilona Andrews (other topics)