Paranormal Addicts & Newbies discussion

Book Related Chat > What books have you just bought or got from the library?

Comments (showing 1-50 of 760) (760 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 16

message 1: by JenBee, Founder, Lead Mod, Eternally Books (new)

JenBee (JennymBee) | 4372 comments Mod
What books have you just bought or got from the library? Always interesting to see what we buy and how often.

message 2: by JenBee, Founder, Lead Mod, Eternally Books (new)

My most recent purchases, which I got earlier in the week for a really good bargin, are the following:-

A Kiss of Shadows (Meredith Gentry, #1) - Laurell K Hamilton
A Caress of Twilight (Meredith Gentry, #2) - Laurell K Hamilton

message 3: by Regina (new)

Regina (ReginaR) I am constantly buying books or downloading free ones, so it is hard to keep track. This list doesn't include the dozens of free samples I have downloaded to try out books and see if I like them. Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2) by Jeaniene Frost Dawn on a Distant Shore (Wilderness, #2) by Sara Donati Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers Night by Elie Wiesel The Complete Sherlock Holmes  All 4 Novels & 56 Short Stories by Arthur Conan Doyle Dead Witch Walking (Rachel Morgan/The Hollows, #1) by Kim Harrison [image error]

message 4: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) just bought vampire academy #1, vampire academy #4, and preordered vampire academy #5. and am getting chicagoland vampires #1, & chicagoland vampires #2.

message 5: by Angela (new)

Angela | 25 comments just bought a bunch of anthologies the other day ... Cravings, Strange Brew, Hotter Than Hell, On the Prowl, & Blood Lite ... getting caught up on the shorts for my series :)

message 6: by Donna Jo (new)

Donna Jo (donnajo85) The Vampire's Assistant (Cirque Du Freak, #2) by Darren Shan A Lick of Frost (Meredith Gentry, #6)  by Laurell K. Hamilton Swallowing Darkness (Meredith Gentry, #7)  by Laurell K. Hamilton The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1) by Stieg Larsson Mina  The Dracula Story Continues by Marie Kiraly ... I've bought a whole bunch more... book and beads & other jewelry making supplies shopping is my stay sane therapy, lol and I can't buy just one book either, lol I usually leave with no less that 4 unless there's a miracle

message 7: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) just got an email that frostbite is ready for me to pick up at the library.

message 8: by JenBee, Founder, Lead Mod, Eternally Books (new)

Rogue (Shifters, #2) by Rachel Vincent Succubus Blues (Georgina Kincaid, #1) by Richelle Mead Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, #1) by Chloe Neill Single White Vampire (Argeneau, #3) by Lynsay Sands Succubus Dreams (Georgina Kincaid, #3) by Richelle Mead Divine by Mistake (Partholon, #1) by P.C. Cast Kiss of Crimson (Midnight Breed, #2) by Lara Adrian
Had a shopping trip today, my biggest problem was deciding which books to buy! This list could have been much longer but I had to carry them! You have to love "3 for the price of 2" offers and finding two books for £5! :)

message 9: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) i loved some girls bites. i hope u enjoy it just as much as i did.

message 10: by Kimberley (new)

Kimberley (Trillianne) | 373 comments I miss having a library close by, we have a mobile one that comes round on Thursday mornings when I am at work.

message 11: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) my library is rite up the street from me. very convinent.

message 12: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) yah! i just recieved my vampire academy books in the mail. ugh. but my dad opened my package so it ruined the excitement for me. i have a weird thing about always happy and loving to open a package.

message 13: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) hopefully it wont happen again. i was so happy i looked at the tracking to see if it was almost here yet. when i heard the mailman i shouldve just ran downstairs. i mean come on, it has my name on it. his starts wit a "G" and mine an "M".

message 14: by JenBee, Founder, Lead Mod, Eternally Books (new)

Dark vampire princess (Ammi) wrote: "I bought #1-#7 of BDB"

Enjoy Ammi!!

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (DarkHeart) | 49 comments I'm expecting the postman to bring me the following books this week:

Fire (The Seven Kingdoms Trilogy, Book 2, Prequel) by Kristin Cashore Midwinter by Matthew Sturges and Falling, Fly by Skyler White Roadkill (Cal Leandros, #5) by Rob Thurman King Maker (The Knights of Breton Court) by Maurice Broaddus Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling, #1) by Nalini Singh

message 16: by Heather B (new)

Heather B (HeatherBenson) The most recent books that I have bought are:

Divine by Choice (Partholon, #4) by P.C. Cast Divine By Blood (Partholon, #5) by P.C. Cast [image error] [image error] Tantalize (Tantalize, #1) by Cynthia Leitich Smith Eternal (Tantalize, #2) by Cynthia Leitich Smith

message 17: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) going to go pick up Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3)  by Richelle Mead at the library

message 18: by Heather B (new)

Heather B (HeatherBenson) Love that book!

message 19: by JenBee, Founder, Lead Mod, Eternally Books (new)

I got yesterday City of Bones (Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare

message 20: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) i love the TMI. its really good!

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} (amyorames) | 276 comments I fully admit I just went nuts and ordered the following:

Tempest Rising (Jane True, #1) by Nicole Peeler [image error] The Hob's Bargain by Patricia Briggs Tainted (The Blood Lily Chronicles, #1) by Julie Kenner Magic to the Bone (Allie Beckstrom, #1) by Devon Monk Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, #1) by Chloe Neill Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling, #1) by Nalini Singh Storm Glass (Glass, #1) by Maria V. Snyder Sea Glass by Maria V. Snyder A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, #2) by Kresley Cole Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs (Jane Jameson, #1) by Molly Harper Bitter Night  A Horngate Witches Book by Diana Pharaoh Francis Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, #1) by Larissa Ione Voices of Dragons by Carrie Vaughn

Pre-ordered:
[image error] Visions of Heat (Psy-Changeling, #2) by Nalini Singh Magic Bleeds (Kate Daniels, #4) by Ilona Andrews The Reckoning (Darkest Powers, #3) by Kelley Armstrong Tales from the Otherworld by Kelley Armstrong [image error]

It's all Amazon.co.uk's fault they're having some sort of sale on UF and PNR -everything was under £4 or £5!

I had to buy Voices of Dragons by Carrie Vaughn from Bookdepository.co.uk, I couldn't find it anywhere else.

I can't wait until they all arrive!

message 22: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 20 comments I got about 10 books from the library and I just bought Anita Blake series, only 1/2 of it but getting the rest soon!!

message 23: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) wow. that's alot of books.

message 24: by JenBee, Founder, Lead Mod, Eternally Books (new)

Wow Amy! That is a seriously impressive number of books! I'm going to have to take a look at what offers Amazon.co.uk have on as I could always do with more books!!

Danielle sounds like you've been busy buying too!! And books from the library! I wish our local library had more of the sort of stuff I want to read, it is a small rural library and even the inter loans thing is not that great (but at least the requests are now free!)

It is nice to be in the company of other people who are as nuts as me when it comes to books!!

message 25: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) i just picked up Hearts at Stake (The Drake Chronicles, #1) by Alyxandra Harvey from the library.

and i just bought Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, #1) by Chloe Neill and Friday Night Bites (Chicagoland Vampires, #2) by Chloe Neill which is a really good series.

message 26: by Lydia (new)

Lydia | 24 comments I just picked up at the library:

Dark Lover by J.R. Ward (I am finally getting on board with this series)
Blood Bound by Patricia Briggs
Beyond the Highland Mist by Karen Marie Moning

message 27: by Lydia (new)

Lydia | 24 comments Jen wrote: "I got yesterday City of Bones (Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare"

I really liked this series. I will be curious to see what you think of it.

Happy reading. :)

message 28: by JenBee, Founder, Lead Mod, Eternally Books (new)

I just ordered Covet (Fallen Angels, #1) by J.R. Ward and Dead and Gone (Sookie Stackhouse, #9) by Charlaine Harris and A Touch of Dead (Southern Vampire Mystery Short Stories) by Charlaine Harris.

I have also pre-ordered Lover Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #8) by J.R. Ward and Dead in the Family (Sookie Stackhouse, #10) by Charlaine Harris

message 29: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) i just recieved Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, #1) by Chloe Neill in the mail today. yah!!

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} (amyorames) | 276 comments I got the following from the library:
Night Shift (Jill Kismet, #1) by Lilith Saintcrow Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter  Guilty Pleasures, Volume 2 by Laurell K. Hamilton Nightkeepers (Final Prophecy, #1) by Jessica Andersen

message 31: by Lydia (new)

Lydia | 24 comments Sweet! Team Eric baby...

message 32: by Lydia (new)

Lydia | 24 comments Jen~ I just started listening to Dark lover and hope the series is as great as everyone has been saying. From my POV this series, is sexy..that's all I gotta say... :)

message 33: by JenBee, Founder, Lead Mod, Eternally Books (new)

I have finally had my recent order delivered, no idea why it took 5 days usually only 2! I am now the proud owner of Covet (Fallen Angels, #1) by J.R. Ward Dead and Gone (Sookie Stackhouse, #9) by Charlaine Harris A Touch of Dead (Southern Vampire Mystery Short Stories) by Charlaine Harris

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} (amyorames) | 276 comments I received all of my books on Friday, it was like Christmas! However, I've been bad and ordered two more:

Black Ships by Jo Graham The Smoke Thief (Drakon, #1) by Shana Abé

I can't buy any more. I have to read the ones I have.

message 35: by Diane (new)

Diane | 70 comments This month so far I have bought

Black Ships by Jo Graham Hand of Isis by Jo Graham Thorn Queen (Dark Swan, #2) by Richelle Mead Eve of Chaos (Marked, Book 3) by S.J. Day [image error] [image error] Frostbite (Vampire Academy, #2) by Richelle Mead
The Missing Ink (Tattoo Shop Mystery #1) by Karen E. Olson Widows of Eastwick by John Updike The Glassblower of Murano by Marina Fiorato Eleanor the Queen by Norah Lofts Isabella  She-Wolf of France, Queen of England by Alison Weir Duende by Jason Webster Tapestry Weaving by Kirsten Glasbrook

It is a smorgasbord of books I will say, but each one will be read and even maybe re-read.

message 36: by Heather B (new)

Heather B (HeatherBenson) Diane wrote: "This month so far I have bought

Black Ships by Jo Graham Hand of Isis by Jo Graham Thorn Queen (Dark Swan, #2) by Richelle Mead Eve of Chaos (Marked, Book 3) by S.J. Day [bookcover:Nightfall (The Vamp..."

Oow I'm sure that you're going to love the Vampire Academy series it's great!

message 37: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (lrc123) | 11 comments I rarely buy books, unless it's from a used book store. Too expensive. So i get almost all of my books from the library, i checked out 25 books and among some of what i checked out is The Awakening and The Struggle (The Vampire Diaries, #1-2) by L.J. Smith Which i finished today and loved. I actually prefer Stefan to Edward. City of Bones (Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare Just started this today, thus far i'm enjoying it. Dreamfever (Fever, #4) by Karen Marie Moning Heard a ton about this series, looking forward to starting this. My library has a book sale room and i did buy two books Hunter's Moon (Nightcreature, #2) by Lori Handeland Dark Moon (Nightcreature, #3) by Lori Handeland Heh. I just realized something, ever since i fell in love with PNR, i usually check out at least one PNR or UF novel.

message 38: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) i just recieved Friday Night Bites (Chicagoland Vampires, #2) by Chloe Neill in the mail today!

message 39: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 346 comments I just got Bloodline and Prom Nights from Hell from the library

Gokce ~Muslin Myst~ | 98 comments Jen wrote: "Had a shopping trip today, my biggest problem was deciding which books to buy! This list could have been much longer but I had to carry them! You have to love "3 for the price of 2" offers and finding two books for £5! :)"

I wish I could find such bargains, I really want to get the Georgina Kincaid/Succubus series.

message 41: by JenBee, Founder, Lead Mod, Eternally Books (last edited Mar 30, 2010 02:46PM) (new)

I just ordered Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, #2) by Kresley Cole No Rest for the Wicked (Immortals After Dark, #3) by Kresley Cole Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals After Dark,  #4) by Kresley Cole

message 42: by Mariya (last edited Mar 30, 2010 02:58PM) (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) i just picked up Dreamfever (Fever, #4) by Karen Marie Moning Dreamfever by Karen Marie Moning from the library.

message 43: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) i just bought Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2) by Jeaniene Frost soooo happy. like finally ill be able to read them!

first time buy without reading 1st book but i have high hopes that this/these books r keepers. ill get the other 2 when i get my $25 gift card in the mail.

message 44: by Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} (last edited Apr 02, 2010 11:31AM) (new)

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} (amyorames) | 276 comments I received The Reckoning (Darkest Powers, #3) by Kelley Armstrong this morning from Waterstones.com, I stalked websites to see who could deliver it to me first! I really enjoyed it.

I received a signed copy of Tales from the Otherworld by Kelley Armstrong from ForbiddenPlanet.com at the weekend which I also really enjoyed.

message 45: by Who? (new)

Who? | 5 comments i just got the Vampire Diaries. And Wuthering heights from the Library AGAIN haha cant get enough of it!

message 46: by Diane (new)

Diane | 70 comments Bought this week Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost and Darker Angels (The Black Sun's Daughter, #2) by M.L.N. Hanover looking forward to reading them.

message 47: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) just bought At Grave's End (Night Huntress, #3) by Jeaniene Frost Destined for an Early Grave (Night Huntress, #4) by Jeaniene Frost so happy and i signed up for the barnes and nobles membership. im just gonna try it out for a year to see if i like.

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} (amyorames) | 276 comments Snuck these into the house:
Red-Headed Stepchild (Sabina Kane, #1) by Jaye Wells Desire Unchained (Demonica, #2) by Larissa Ione Passion Unleashed (Demonica, #3) by Larissa Ione

Downloaded the audiobooks for:
Vampire Kisses (Vampire Kisses, #1) by Ellen Schreiber Carmilla by Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) by Rick Riordan

message 49: by Heather B (new)

Heather B (HeatherBenson) Amy or "Ames" wrote: "Snuck these into the house:
Red-Headed Stepchild (Sabina Kane, #1) by Jaye WellsDesire Unchained (Demonica, #2) by Larissa IonePassion Unleashed (Demonica, #3) by Larissa Ione

Downloaded the audiobooks for:
[bookcover:Vampire Kiss..."

ahaha
You had to sneek them in your house :P

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} (amyorames) | 276 comments Yep, I've spent too much money on books in the past month so I can't order online for a good long time or I'll get mean looks!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 16