The Next Best Book Club discussion

Looking For Recommendations > Authors similar to Nicholas Sparks?

Comments (showing 1-12 of 12) (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Sarah | 21 comments I've read all of Nicholas Sparks' books in the past and love them. They're not very complicated but they never fail to leave me with a warm, fuzzy feeling. Recently on my long drive to work I've been listening to their audio book versions as well and fell in love with them all over again. Anyone know any similar authors? None of the authors I love seem to write fast enough and I keep running out of fave authors.

Dee i think Charles Martin is similiar to Sparks...give him a try...

Sarah (SarahSaysRead) Honestly, I would just browse the romance section. That's pretty much what Sparks is, but I think he doesn't get shelved in romance because he's a man.

Just avoid the romances with the steamy covers - those aren't really what you're looking for, they're more sex-based than anything. I can't think of any authors that rely as heavily on tragedy as Sparks does except Lurlene McDaniel, a YA author. Other than that, just browse romance until something sweet-looking catches your eye :o) You may really like Debbie Macomber or Catherine Anderson.

Good luck!! :o)

Liz (Consumed by Books) | 864 comments I was actually just going to suggest Cecelia Ahern. While I haven't read any of Sparks's books, I've seen a few of the adaptations--if I were you, I'd give P.S. I Love You by Ahern a try.

Chrystal | 144 comments I would also check out Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas, Sam's Letters to Jennifer, and Sunday's at Tiffany's. All of these are by James Patterson. He usually writes crime books, but these are a few romance and I thought they were all really good.

Michael Cogdill (MichaelofShe-Rain) | 2 comments Having interviewed Nick Sparks multiple times on television, I consider him a friend. Given that, I know he won't mind if I post this here for feedback from everyone:

http://she-rain.blogspot.com/2010/03/...

Warmest gratitude. If you find this meaningful, please spread the word.

Michael

Dalene Nicholas Evans wrote The Smoke Jumper which I found very similar to Nicholas Sparks. I think you would enjoy it.

Michael Cogdill (MichaelofShe-Rain) | 2 comments Sarah, have you read any of Sue Monk Kidd? She's a genre apart from Nick Sparks, but holds a stunning emotional power.
m

Sarah | 21 comments Thanks everyone. I'm wrote down all of your suggestions and am going to look into them one at a time :)

Mary Verdick (maryverdick) | 1 comments I've read and rated Jo-Anne Vandermeulen's as a 5-Star "Conquer All Obstacles". She's a brand new author, that I believe has VERY high opportunities for her future. She writes descriptive romance with intense characters. Very similar format to Jodi Piccoult. Actually, her book would be a mixture of Jodi Piccoult's style with similar writing to Nicholas Sparks.

*Highly recommended read*.

Jackie (Marbo) Some of Sarah Dessen's books are very similar to Sparks except that she's a YA author, so most of the characters are in high school and there aren't many "steamy" scenes. I would recommend Along for the Ride, Lock and Key, This Lullaby and The Truth About Forever. Dreamland is probably my favorite, but its less of a romance and more of a "girl gets herself in over her head with the wrong kind of guy" story.

Sarah | 21 comments Yeah I absolutely love Sarah Dessen's books! Unfortunately I've read them all :(

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Smoke Jumper (other topics)