The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
OLD TASK HELP THREADS > 20.5 (Just Joined In - Melaine - Read Across America (and the rest of the world))

Comments (showing 1-19 of 19) (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Cynthia (PandoraPhoebesMom) | 1378 comments 20.5 - Just Joined In - Melaine - Read Across America (and the rest of the world)
In honor of Read Across America Day 2010, which falls on Dr. Suess's birthday, read any book(s)from one of the NEA's booklists and/or by Dr. Seuss, for a total of at least 500 pages.

Booklists can be found here: NEA Booklists

Usako (bbmeltdown) | 1334 comments Nice! I needed a task to put in Catcher in the Rye!

message 3: by Nicole (last edited Mar 05, 2010 07:11AM) (new)

Nicole | 773 comments I have been trying to avoid re-reads this challenge, but A Tree Grows in Brooklyn is on one of the lists and that is one of my ALL-TIME FAVORITE books!

Ashley FL | 732 comments HA! I have three elementary-school age kids -- I have read a TON of Dr. Suess this week! (and he went to the same college I did :) )

It's way too complicated to count those toward a 500 page task, though. So I'll find other things.

By the by, what is with 500 pages this go-round?!? There are several of those limits!

message 5: by Nicole (last edited Mar 05, 2010 08:14AM) (new)

Nicole | 773 comments Quick question...My copy of a Tree Grows in Brooklyn is 496 pages (seriously). Can you let that slide?

if not I will read The Giving Tree as well. Thanks!

Cait (caitertot) Awesome! I am going to read The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven and A Wrinkle in Time. Both books are on my owned TBR, and the editions I have total 517 pages. :o)

Kaion (kaionvin) I'm definitely going to fit in Esperanza Rising for this task (it's ridiculous how long I've been meaning to read this).

message 8: by Jayme(the ghost reader) (last edited Mar 05, 2010 09:48AM) (new)

Jayme(the ghost reader) (JaymeILtheghostreader) | 1959 comments I am going to read A Girl of Limberlost and Caddie Woodlawn.

Jen B (jennybee618) Thanks to his retired elementary teacher grandma, my son has a ton of these books that we love to read together...so if I'm interpreting this correctly, I can read any number of the books on these lists to total 500 pages? Even if it's like 40 kids' books?

Usako (bbmeltdown) | 1334 comments Jen B - Yup! That's how I read the task!

Jen B (jennybee618) Tanja wrote: "Jen B - Yup! That's how I read the task!"

Yay! Surprisingly it only took about 15 books to total that many, and most of them are in our regular rotation anyway. That's the thing about 3.5 year-olds...they love the same books over and over again! I think I can recite most of them from memory by now!

Kathleen | 148 comments Jen B wrote: "Tanja wrote: "Jen B - Yup! That's how I read the task!"

Yay! Surprisingly it only took about 15 books to total that many, and most of them are in our regular rotation anyway. That's the thing ab..."

Absolutely! I was excited about this task because my 4 year old loves to have many of these books read to her. Yay!

Jayme(the ghost reader) (JaymeILtheghostreader) | 1959 comments I read alot of these books already so I had to find one I hadn't read.

Elizabeth (NC) | 185 comments Do all 500 pages have to come off of one list or can you mix and match?

Angela | 370 comments Is there anyone monitoring this thread because questions are not being answered.
It says under the Kids List 52. Chicken Soup for the Soul (series) by various authors, do does that mean I could read anyone that I wanted too because it does not list a specific one??

Jennifer Jensen (Literally Jen) (vampsita) Did we ever get an answer as to whether we can mix and match from various lists?

Usako (bbmeltdown) | 1334 comments I thought you could mix-match.

Jennifer Jensen (Literally Jen) (vampsita) I'm gonna hope we can, because I don't have time to sort through the regular Questions area to find the answer. I need to be reading! :-)

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 1136 comments I was under the impression we could mix and match...

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn (other topics)
The Giving Tree (other topics)
The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven (other topics)
A Wrinkle in Time (other topics)
Esperanza Rising (other topics)