Paranormal Addicts & Newbies discussion

A to F Series Discussions > Mercedes Thompson - Patricia Briggs

Comments (showing 1-50 of 71) (71 new)    post a comment »

message 1: by Jenny , Founder, Lead Mod, Eternally Books (last edited Feb 25, 2010 02:31PM) (new)

Susan (Suz) (sharney) Love Love Love Mercy!!! This is such a great series and of course I LOVE that it's set in the Pacific Northwest!! I sometimes want to drive up to the Tri Cities and see if I can find her repair shop LOL ;)

Bookworms | 43 comments I was a little bit suspicous as I started with the first book. But the second one was very good and now it seemes to be better and better with every book. A fantastic series and the character of Mercy is very good. I like her because she has her strength and weakness.
And the vampire Stefan is very funny.
The idea of this series is realy good and I like this books very well. Reading Bone Crossed at the moment.

Mrs. Badass (mrsbadass) | 28 comments I Love Mercy. I think she is a fantastic Heroine and even tho sometimes Patty Briggs is inconsistent with story lines, I find her writing style appealing. I absolutely cannot WAIT for Silver Borne. I LOVE Adam.

Angela  (ablalock) This is definately one of my favorite series. Mercy is your girl/coyote next door. This would make an excellent tv series with Mercy being the trouble magnet mechanic with more than enough supernatural contacts to make the storylines unlimited and never boring.

message 6: by Yazmin (last edited May 26, 2010 11:54AM) (new)

Yazmin Cancel (ykc61377) OMG! This is one of my fav series. I just borrowed Silver Borne from the library and cannot wait to read it. I love the chemistry between Mercy and Adam, although Samuel is one of my favorite characters, along with Warren.

Bookworms | 43 comments I finished with Silver Borne a few weeks ago but I was a little bit disappointed by this one. Sometimes the story was boring for me because I don't find the story so good.

Regina (ReginaR) | 558 comments Bookworms, I agree, I found parts of Silver Borne boring too. But I wasn't sure if it was because I plowed through the entire series in a few weeks. I just LOVE Adam and I really like the resolution of their relationship. I thought the twist with Samuel was interesting. And I thought the pack bonds part was interesting. But the whole fairy thing bores me, not sure why. I am really enjoying the Alpha & Omega series. I like Bran and Samuel alot, so it is nice to read their POV.

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} (amyorames) | 276 comments I'm in complete agreement with you, Regina. Silver Borne wasn't as great as I was hoping. The fae stuff bores me to tears. I love A&O more than the Mercy series. I even love Samuel more than Adam. Bran, he's so funny he's a favourite of mine too.

message 10: by Regina (last edited May 31, 2010 07:07AM) (new)

Regina (ReginaR) | 558 comments Wow more than Adam! I do like Charles alot. I am reading Hunting Ground right now and am enjoying the description of the mate bonds. What a beautiful thing I wish we had that in real life.

You know the fae world doesn't bore me in Moning's Fever series, so I am guessing it is the way Briggs writes about it. Also i think the whole story line of Mercy causing so much trouble for Adam and the pack is getting old. I almost sympathize with the pack members who want her gone. But i do love the Mercy books don't misunderstand me!

Regina (ReginaR) | 558 comments And I do like Samuel too. I honestly had no idea who Mercy should choose.

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} (amyorames) | 276 comments Oh I love them too. I've given two or three the full 5 stars but Silver Borne only got 3 from me. I love the fae in Richelle Mead's Dark Swan series but generally I have very little interest in them.

I do like Adam too but I can't resist the tortured soul that is Samuel.

I agree about Mercy causing trouble for the pack. She needs to do something to help them, to get them back on her side. They need to think of her as an asset before more members will accept her.

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) i just started moon called yesterday and i am loving it. this series is amazing!

Regina (ReginaR) | 558 comments Mariya wrote: "i just started moon called yesterday and i am loving it. this series is amazing!"

I hoped you would like it! Mercy is a great heroine. I also prefer books written in first person.

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (DarkHeart) | 49 comments Interesting... I loved Silver Borne and thought it was the best one of the series yet. The pack dynamics were brilliant and I think the relationship dynamics were fantastic. Loved it!

Regina (ReginaR) | 558 comments I agree with you about the pack and relationship dynamics. Briggs is brilliant with that stuff. I found the fae parts to be incredibly boring. Creative and detailed but boring.

Heather Book Savvy Babe (booksavvybabe) I also love Mercy. She is a great character- she's sweet, cute, chick-mechanic-coyote. I have to say, I loved all the books, but of all of them Silver Borne is the one I like the least, honestly, I think it's mostly because of how the pack messes with Mercy's head in the beginning, I didn't like that. I also read Brigg's Alpha Omega series, and I like how the different packs have different dynamics. I really like Adam as the pack leader. This is a series that I re-read, it's so good.

Regina (ReginaR) | 558 comments I like Adam as anything. :) I do like that he honestly acknowledges that Samuel is more dominant and stronger than him.

I loved the fight between Adam and his challengers -- I loved how he bested his challenger and the words exchanged afterword. He really impressed me.

In the Alpha & Omega series I really liked how Briggs had detailed discussions of submissive wolves and how it wasn't bad to be a submissive, in fact packs need them.

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) im almost done wit the first one, i have like a few more chapters to go. but i honestly love adam. i loved him from the very beginning. i go on and off from liking sam. but adam has stolen my heart. >o<

Bookworms | 43 comments Bookworms wrote: "I finished with Silver Borne a few weeks ago but I was a little bit disappointed by this one. Sometimes the story was boring for me because I don't find the story so good."

Oh, good to know about the series Alpha & Omega, which I haven't read yet. So I will start with this series the next days.

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) im on the second book, blood bound and im at a really scary part! so scared. keep putting book down and picking back up again.

Regina (ReginaR) | 558 comments I know!!! It is scary!!

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (DarkHeart) | 49 comments LOL, Blood Bound was pretty creepy. And Mariya, Adam just gets better with every book! ;)

Regina (ReginaR) | 558 comments I think Briggs had a brilliant idea for this book. What a scary scary idea!

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) 80% done wit bone crossed. almost finished. omg. i never read a book on the weekend and finished it. hopefully ill finishe up tonite.

well anyways, i think that bone crossed is the best so far that ive read of the merecedes thompson series. i thought iron kissed wasnt that good. fae part was so boring.

Regina (ReginaR) | 558 comments Oh my goodness have you seen the new cover of Patricia Briggs Mercy Thompson new cover -- for River Marked? It is beautiful! River Marked

I cannot wait for this book. I am doing a re-read by listening to the audio. I have listened to Moon Called and now Blood Bound -- they are sooo good. I forgot how good they are.

Shannon C. I love, love this series. It's my top favorite urban fantasy series. Can't wait for River Marked!

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) i just started up on book 5, silver borne, pretty good so far.

message 29: by K (new)

K | 13 comments I really need to re-read this series. Mercy is edgy and strong, yet she has her limitations. She rebels against them, sometimes fails to overcome them, and yet is always able to turn this to and advantage.

I hope River Marked lives up to the high standards I have come to expect from Briggs. I can't wait to read it.

Regina (ReginaR) | 558 comments I am really looking forward to the re-release of her fantasy series -- the first one out tomorrow: Masques (Sianim, 1; Aralorn, 1) by Patricia Briggs and the 2nd one out in November Wolfsbane (Aralorn, 2) by Patricia Briggs

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) im about 100 pages in and silver borne is really good.

Regina (ReginaR) | 558 comments The only one I didn't really care for is Iron Kissed. I really liked 1, 2 and 4 -- but 5 is my favorite. It is amazing -- and there is appearance of one of my favorite characters in this book and I was so happy to see him! I hope you like it -- thank goodness you finally got a copy! I am thinking of buying it b/c I enjoyed it so much, also the audio version is very very good.

Sarah Dizon (sarahd828) | 75 comments I was a little thrown off when I first started this series because of the covers, they seemed like they should be on romance novels instead of urban fantasy. I'm not saying I don't like the covers or that they shouldn't be what they are because I think they're beautiful and that they really show the theme of the books with out giving too much away. I like how her tattoos change from cover to cover except for her paw print. I read on another thread that someone didn't understand why she had tattoos on the cover if she doesn't in the story but I think the tattoos show that she is changed through every book. She grows as a character through out the series.

Personally, I really voted for Samuel while she was debating who to choose. But now that I've gotten to know Adam better I really like their connection. Patricia Briggs has really changed the werewolf dynamic for me, it's different from any other series I've read that includes werewolves. I think she did the same for the vampire world as well.

I like the faeries. I like that they want to seem innocent and how all the fairy tales you're told as a child have some truth to them as a warning about the fae.

I raced through all the books in like a week, and I plan on reading them again soon, especially before River Marked comes out.

Sarah Dizon (sarahd828) | 75 comments I haven't read Homecoming which I believe is a graphic novel but I could totally be wrong! Has anyone else read it?

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) i guess we're in agreement then. i hated iron kissed. it was just sooooooo hard to get through for me maybe b/c of the fae parts were soooooo boring. but in my opnion iron kissed is the worse book outta all of them.

im at the part now where adam in comforting mercy after all the sam + bounty hunter/tv + sylvia stuff just happened. but yea. i am really liking silver borne so far.

its funny. like after mercy was going out to go pick up sam at the hospital and tripped over ben, i was like yeah BEN!!!! hahaha. i missed these characters! is stefan in silver borne too??

so like i had already reserved at the library river marked and OMFG. im number 164. that may be a while. this series must be popular or something...hahaha. damn. ill probally end up getting a ebook version or something.

Regina (ReginaR) | 558 comments No Stefan in Silver Borne. :( Fans really missed him too.

I had no idea who I was rooting for with Samuel v. Adam. Now I prefer Adam, but I could see the pull of Samuel. And usually in PNR books it is the long lost guy who wins. So Briggs really turned the genre on its head (yeah I know it isn't PNR). When I started the series I knew it was UF and so I wasn't surprised, but I see what you mean. The cover of River Marked is a completely new image of Mercy: River Marked (Mercedes Thompson, #6) by Patricia Briggs

Wow Maria that is a long list. I am obsessive about the library -- I check every day for new releases (that I won't be buying), but I can't beleive there is a list for a book that isn't out for 4 months!!

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) hahaha. i knoe. i knoe sometimes when new books come out that they have it on they for you to reserve and when i went on there i was like WTH! i reserved it in case i dont get a ebook copy b/c some of those i go wit if i dont read rite away so just reserve it but i will be reading it before that wait gets over river marked wait was longer than silver borne.

hopefully stefan will be in river marked. i havent really been a samuel fan til bone crossed, i didnt really like samuel but i kinda do now. ive alway been a huge fan of adam!

yea. the new cover is sooooooooo different. when i seen it i was like hmm....its different from the others, but i still like it. i love the bone crossed and silver borne covers so much! they're lovely. i love mercy's tattoos!!!

im excited for river marked b/c we get to learn more about mercy which is exciting.

Shera (Book Whispers) (SheraBookWhispers) | 2518 comments Regina wrote: "I am really looking forward to the re-release of her fantasy series -- the first one out tomorrow: Masques (Sianim, #1; Aralorn, #1) by Patricia Briggs and the 2nd one out in November Wolfsbane (Aralorn, 2) by Patricia Briggs"

I know it!! It was so hard trying to find them, and the prices they were going for were outrageous!!

Regina (ReginaR) | 558 comments I was excited to wake up and find it on my Kindle this morning! :) The new covers are pretty too.

Shera (Book Whispers) (SheraBookWhispers) | 2518 comments yep much better then the old ones Masques (Sianim, #1) (Aralorn, #1) by Patricia Briggs

Regina (ReginaR) | 558 comments I haven't read it yet, but there is also a forward introduction by Briggs herself. Can't wait to read it.

Shera (Book Whispers) (SheraBookWhispers) | 2518 comments I haven't got the chance to read them either! So many good books coming out today, I'm going to have to beat everyone to the book store!

Regina (ReginaR) | 558 comments I hear you! :)

message 44: by Shera (Book Whispers) (last edited Sep 28, 2010 09:42AM) (new)

Shera (Book Whispers) (SheraBookWhispers) | 2518 comments Someone called me from the store and stated they were down to three copies left. If only the would let cust do holds . . .

Regina (ReginaR) | 558 comments Oh no!

Shera (Book Whispers) (SheraBookWhispers) | 2518 comments Well I can't be too upset. My TBR pile is so big, I may not have gotten to it that fast.

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) i just finished silver borne and it was amazing. i gotta say that this one is my favorite in the series!

Shera (Book Whispers) (SheraBookWhispers) | 2518 comments so jealous, I'm patiently waiting for it to release in paperback.

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) got mine from the library waited long enough

Shera (Book Whispers) (SheraBookWhispers) | 2518 comments Sigh, if only my library had any kind of variety. I gave up on them years ago. Unless someone donates them, no chance are they going to have them. Christian books only in that place.

« previous 1

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Moon Called (other topics)
Mercy Thompson: Homecoming (other topics)
Iron Kissed (other topics)
Silver Borne (other topics)
Bone Crossed (other topics)
More...