The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > Hi, there

Comments (showing 1-10 of 10) (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katie (last edited Feb 20, 2010 04:04PM) (new)

Katie (ketoole) | 9 comments I'm Katie and I'm from Michigan. I graduated with my bachelors degree last May and intend to read as many books for pleasure that I can before I (fingers-crossed) start Graduate school. Not that reading the books my professor assigned in College wasn't a pleasure, it often was, but I was sitting there a few weeks ago and thought to myself, "I can read a book; any book I want."

I'm currently reading The Historian and I'm enjoying it. I've also read The Hunger Games and All But My Life: A Memoir recently. I welcome any and all suggestions for reading material.

Oh! and I work at Borders.

message 2: by Kamee (new)

Kamee (kameem) | 13 comments Hey. Welcome.
I get frustrated when schoolwork interferes with my reading. I'm glad that you're finding time to read. I'd suggest reading The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks. I think you'll like it. I loved the Hunger Games and I hope you enjoy reading The Last Song as much as I did.

message 3: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 1000 comments As we are currently talking on Twitter, it seems a bit weird to say welcome as if I didn't know you.

Let's just put it this way, you posting here will just fuel another one of my addictions!

message 4: by Katie (new)

Katie (ketoole) | 9 comments Jessica wrote: "As we are currently talking on Twitter, it seems a bit weird to say welcome as if I didn't know you.

Let's just put it this way, you posting here will just fuel another one of my addictions!"

Well, God knows you don't need any help there! lmao

message 5: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (TNBBC) | 9064 comments Mod
Oooh a book lover who works at a bookstore! How cool is that?

Hi Katie, and welcome to the group. I know how it feels to have books that you NEED to read before you can get to the books you WANT to read!!

message 6: by Flannery (new)

Flannery | 3 comments Hi Katie,
I also know how it feels to be free reading whatever one likes - make the best of it :-). I read The Historian last year and I really liked it. It´s somehow different from the other vampire stuff and one learns a lot about the historical implications.

I woud recommend The Thirteens Tale, it is really nice to read, a bit strange, a bit comforting and slightly thrilling.

Working at Borders - that´s even better than being shut up at night in the supermarket´s sweets-corner ...

message 7: by Sara (new)

Sara (thecrazygal) | 649 comments Welcome! :)
Ooooh, Borders ... ^-^
Anywho, this is a great group and there are a ton of topics, hope you like it here.

message 8: by JSou (new)

JSou (WickenburgAZ) Hi Katie, welcome to the group! :)

Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner) (perpetualpageturner) | 636 comments Welcome Katie!

message 10: by Judy (new)

Judy (judygreeneyes) | 386 comments Hi Katie -- welcome from San Diego!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

All But My Life: A Memoir (other topics)
The Historian (other topics)
The Hunger Games (other topics)