Kids/Teens Book Club discussion

Entertainment > Television

Comments (showing 1-50 of 293) (293 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 594 comments So, what TV shows does everyone like here?

message 2: by Amber (last edited Feb 20, 2010 02:51PM) (new)

Amber (allregionamber) | 2144 comments Spongebob. lol I also like American Idol. And House. When I watch it. :)

message 3: by Baxter (new)

Baxter (julietrocksmysocks) | 383 comments The Prisoner. Why there hasn't been a more intelligent show since is beyond me.

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 594 comments I haven't watched Spongebob for ages either. XD

I love House, but only the first three seasons, and the first few episodes of the fourth season. Then the show started to really annoy me.

I love watching Law and Order (the normal one and SVU, not Criminal Intent...that one's boring).

I also love Lost and Glee, both of which will be playing on Tuesdays at 9 this April. Ugh, wwwwwwhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyy?

message 5: by Amber (new)

Amber (allregionamber) | 2144 comments Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) wrote: "I haven't watched Spongebob for ages either. XD

I love House, but only the first three seasons, and the first few episodes of the fourth season. Then the show started to really annoy me.

..."

Booklover23 wrote: "Spongebob!!!! Havnt seen that for soooooooo long.

I dont watch all that much TV.
I watch the AFL when its on (Aussie sport) Also, Australia's got Talent, Getaway, and MasterChef Australia.
Some..."

Deal or No Deal? *gasp* Who doesn't love Howie Mandel? When I was little I loved to watch Greed, and I love Spongebob. Show the sea creature some love. Yes, I'm a 7th grader who absolutely loves Spongebob, and I'm not ashamed! Glee??!!?!? Is that any good? I want to start watching it! And Fringe is cool, too. I like fringe.

message 6: by ★ Jess (new)

★ Jess  | 4496 comments Mod
Howie Mandel?
Is he the American host?
I live in Australia, so there is a diferent host, Andrew O'Keefe. Hes really good!
Glee was shown here in Aus, but i never got the chance to watch it.

message 7: by Amber (new)

Amber (allregionamber) | 2144 comments Yeah. He is. And yeah I was going to watch Glee but never got around to it...

message 8: by ★ Jess (new)

Im in Year 9, and i lvoe Spongebob, and am not embarrassed to admit it.

BTW, Amber, have fun in grade 7-it was the funnest year ever!!!

message 9: by Amber (last edited Feb 20, 2010 03:35PM) (new)

Amber (allregionamber) | 2144 comments I know! It's really fun! I'm taking all Pre-AP classes, though. But surprisingly, not a lot of homework. I love switchngn classes so much. In the ISD, it's really weird. We have Elementry School(K-4), Intermediate School(5-6), Middle school(7-8), and High School(9-12). No other ISD' around here do that. It's kinda weird to have to go to four schools instead of 3, aside from Pre-K.

message 10: by Baxter (new)

Baxter (julietrocksmysocks) | 383 comments Amber wrote: "Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) wrote: "I haven't watched Spongebob for ages either. XD

I love House, but only the first three seasons, and the first few episodes of the fourth season. Then the sh..."

Here's my opinion on Glee:

I saw the pilot when it originally aired and loved it. It was a perfect mix of cheese and genuine humor, that just made me happy. Helped that they could sing too.

It was good for awhile after that. Then, to quote my sister, "they tried to put plot in it". And by plot I mean drama junk. It's not what I want when watching Glee, and the whole style of it has been wearing thin for awhile now. Basically it's just not worth it anymore.

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 594 comments I was surprised that I liked Glee, but now it's one of my favorite shows. It has a lot more teen drama stuff than I usually like, and it can get a bit cheesy at parts. When I was watching the first episode, I didn't like it too much at first, but once it ended, I realized that I loved it. (I know that that makes no sense at all, but oh well)

message 12: by ★ Jess (new)

Amber wrote: "I know! It's really fun! I'm taking all Pre-AP classes, though. But surprisingly, not a lot of homework. I love switchngn classes so much. In the ISD, it's really weird. We have Elementry School(K-..."

At my school we have PRIMARY SCHOOL (reception-yr.5)
MIDDLE SCHOOL (yr.6-10)
and SENIOR SCHOOL (10-12)
By year i mean grade.

message 13: by Amber (new)

Amber (allregionamber) | 2144 comments Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) wrote: "I was surprised that I liked Glee, but now it's one of my favorite shows. It has a lot more teen drama stuff than I usually like, and it can get a bit cheesy at parts. When I was watching the fir..."

lol! And that's okay. It doesn't have to make sense.

message 14: by Amber (new)

Amber (allregionamber) | 2144 comments Booklover23 wrote: "Amber wrote: "I know! It's really fun! I'm taking all Pre-AP classes, though. But surprisingly, not a lot of homework. I love switchngn classes so much. In the ISD, it's really weird. We have Eleme..."

Cool! Sounds fun. As fun as school gets.

message 15: by chandloski (new)

chandloski | 777 comments Any of you guys been watching the Olympics? I'm an Olympic freak. :D

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 594 comments Amber, Ha ha, thanks. I couldn't think of a way to write that that made sense.

Chandloski, I'm not much of a sports fan. :P

message 17: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Doctor Who. Xena: Warrior Princess.

Best shows EVER.

message 18: by chandloski (new)

chandloski | 777 comments Well I'm not really a sports fan either. I just go crazy over certain Olympic sports for some reason. Halfpipe, short track, speedskating, alpine skiing....

message 19: by Pandy (new)

Pandy | 185 comments I don't usually watch sports, but I watch a lot of the Olympics. In general, I don't watch a lot of TV, but PBS is usually on at my house.

message 20: by Molly (new)

Molly (daleksinwonderland) | 235 comments Project Runway, iCarly, Top Chef, Ghost Hunters, What Not to Wear, and I watch American Idol even though it has to be the stupidest show ever.

message 21: by chandloski (new)

chandloski | 777 comments The X Files = best show ever.

message 22: by ★ Jess (new)

Chandloski...loves Frodo Baggins wrote: "Well I'm not really a sports fan either. I just go crazy over certain Olympic sports for some reason. Halfpipe, short track, speedskating, alpine skiing...."

The Winter Olympics are not big here in Australia. We prefer the summer ones.
When the Summer Olympics are on, our TV set was tuned to them every minute, and so was the school's!!!!!
But what is amazing, An Aussie won Gold in Vancouver!!!!!

message 23: by chandloski (new)

chandloski | 777 comments Yep. Tora Bright, for the woman's halfpipe :)

Aw dude....My favorite is short track. Mainly because I'm going to marry Apolo Ohno or J.R. Celski, but whatever :P Hella awesome.

message 24: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) You can't, Apolo's already my husband. XD

message 25: by Molly (new)

Molly (daleksinwonderland) | 235 comments Oh. For a second I thought you were serious. I was like "NUH-UH!" :D

message 26: by Baxter (new)

Baxter (julietrocksmysocks) | 383 comments Chandloski...loves Frodo Baggins wrote: "The X Files = best show ever."

YES. YOU ARE A TRUE BRO.

message 27: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) " Oh. For a second I thought you were serious. I was like "NUH-UH!" :D "

I wish I was serious. XD I mean, look at him.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_OMLYyLC8HTo...

message 28: by chandloski (new)

chandloski | 777 comments Fine then. Steal my man. :/
I'll marry J.R.
(I just died looking at that picture, Lauren)

@Baxter: Yeah holmes!

message 29: by Baxter (new)

Baxter (julietrocksmysocks) | 383 comments Imma gonna say it again: The Prisoner. By god, I'll force you guys to watch that.

I'm also a pretty big fan of HBO's shows, in particular the painfully canceled Carnivale. Two seasons of perfection right there.

message 30: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) "(I just died looking at that picture, Lauren)"

I KNOW. *squeeeee* He's racing Friday at midnight my time, but I'm staying up late to watch the 5000m Relay. :D

My friend thinks Celski's hot too. :)

message 31: by chandloski (new)

chandloski | 777 comments Cause Celski IS hot. ;)
*goes back to DVR to watch the part where he takes his speedskating suit off*

I'm excited for the relay too! And the 500m. Dang, I hope Apolo wins both....

message 32: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) "*goes back to DVR to watch the part where he takes his speedskating suit off*"

HIS TATTOO.

I know, I hope he does. That'll increase his metal count so much, he'll probably hold that record forever. XD

message 33: by chandloski (new)

chandloski | 777 comments TATOOS. He's got a lot of them....

I suddenly have the strange urge to learn how to speed skate.

I'd be soooo happy if he wins nine by the time Vancouver is over. On Friday I will most definetly be yelling at my TV all night like I did during the 1500m. No wonder my parents think I have lost my marbles....

message 34: by Joshua (new)

Joshua (Buron) | 3 comments SPONGEBOB ROCKS they say im addicted cause i know almost all the songs and i watched almost all episodes

message 35: by chandloski (new)

chandloski | 777 comments "F is for Friends who do stuff together,
U is for You and me.
N is for Anywhere and anytime at all,
DOWN HERE IN THE DEEP BLUE SEA!"

"F is for FIRE to burn down the whole town,
U is for Uranium....bombs!
N is for NO SURVIVORS!! and--"

message 36: by Joshua (new)

Joshua (Buron) | 3 comments Love that SONG!!!!

message 37: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) "I suddenly have the strange urge to learn how to speed skate."

I know, I haven't been ice skating in forever. XD

message 38: by chandloski (new)

chandloski | 777 comments I've only ever been ice skating once for a friends birthday five years ago. I can rollerblade though....

TO THE INTERNET!!

message 39: by Molly (new)

Molly (daleksinwonderland) | 235 comments Lauren wrote: "" Oh. For a second I thought you were serious. I was like "NUH-UH!" :D "

I wish I was serious. XD I mean, look at him.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_OMLYyLC8HTo......"

Ooooh...

message 40: by chandloski (new)

chandloski | 777 comments My thoughts exactly.

message 41: by Ayunda (new)

Ayunda (ayundabs) I luv spongebob!!

message 42: by chandloski (new)

chandloski | 777 comments Hey! I might get to take lessons!

message 43: by ★ Jess (new)

Chandloski...loves Frodo Baggins wrote: ""F is for Friends who do stuff together,
U is for You and me.

"F is for FIRE to burn down the whole town,
U is for Uranium......"

If this was facebook, id LIKE your post 10 times :)

message 44: by Molly (new)

Molly (daleksinwonderland) | 235 comments Chandloski...loves Frodo Baggins wrote: "Hey! I might get to take lessons!"

Spongebob lessons?

message 45: by Amber (new)

Amber (allregionamber) | 2144 comments Booklover23 wrote: "Chandloski...loves Frodo Baggins wrote: ""F is for Friends who do stuff together,
U is for You and me.

"F is for FIRE to burn..."

SAME! But I dont' have a facebook. *Wipes Tear*

message 46: by Amber (new)

Amber (allregionamber) | 2144 comments Molly wrote: "Chandloski...loves Frodo Baggins wrote: "Hey! I might get to take lessons!"

Spongebob lessons?"

ROFL!

message 47: by chandloski (new)

chandloski | 777 comments Haha. No.

Speed skating lessons ;)

message 48: by Amber (new)

Amber (allregionamber) | 2144 comments Good job.

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 594 comments I know. Everyone told me that it would be my new online addiction, but honestly, goodreads is a hundred times better.

message 50: by chandloski (new)

chandloski | 777 comments I don't have a Facebook, but I have a Myspace just so that I can keep in touch with my friends from mkddle school since we all go to different high schools. Facebook seems waaayy too complicated. I had on for about a week and I couldn't figure it out. So I just deleted it

« previous 1 3 4 5 6

unread topics | mark unread