For The L♥ve of Reading discussion

Authors > Stephenie Meyer

Comments (showing 1-45 of 45) (45 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stray, follow us on Twitter! (last edited Feb 17, 2010 10:58AM) (new)

Stray (andrez-ssi) | 668 comments Mod
Stephenie Meyer is the author of:
[image error]
New Moon (Twilight, #2) by Stephenie Meyer
Eclipse (Twilight, #3) by Stephenie Meyer
Breaking Dawn (Twilight, #4) by Stephenie Meyer
Midnight Sun (Twilight, #5) (partial draft) by Stephenie Meyer
The Host by Stephenie Meyer
what do you think of her?

Aerieyalle *Goddess of Vampires* Kingdoms  (GoddessofVampires) i think she's a an ok writer, i loved the host but i'm sorry vampires don't sparkle that's why she's ok

message 3: by Stray, follow us on Twitter! (new)

lol many people think like you

Aerieyalle *Goddess of Vampires* Kingdoms  (GoddessofVampires) cool, not exactly though

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Meyers set herself up to be mocked about the I sparkle part. I defiantly laughed out loud when I got to that part. Edward was a bit creepy, stalkerish, and controlling. But it was a fun non thinking book for when I needed to get my head out of the complex textbooks.

message 6: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya the Walking Butterfly (walkingbutterfly) | 195 comments I completely agree that he was very stalkerish. Regular humans get arrested for sneaking into people's houses. LOL! I don't think the sparkly-vampires effect was a great addition either; Edward looked realy creepy in Twi and NM when he was in the sunlight (referring to the movies). I liked the Twilight Saga and am planning to read The Host soon. I guess overall I would say that she is an OK author.

Evil Twin One (Ange) (teamvampire13) I think she's pretty good. I loved Twilight. The sparkling vampire was different but I didn't mind it. I loved The Host. I read on her site it's supposed to be a trilogy so I can't wait for her to write the other 2 books.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Come to think of it. I borrowed my Twilight books to my aunt then she past them to her husband. Then their two daughter who are at least 15 years older than me took their turn with the books. Then they were passed else where. Where did they go? I still don't have them back. I'm glad that they got read plenty of times. :)

message 9: by **Carla** (new)

**Carla** I loved Twilight too. i read them with my mom and it was funny seeing my mom enjoy the same books I enjoyed so much.. It is amazing how many people actually read the Twilight books. A girl I worked with her Dad was sooo addicted to them too. It was kinda funny.

message 10: by Jo (new)

Jo I loved Twilight. I think you just have to enjoy it for what it is and not expect the writing to be superb. I didn't like the sparkly vampire idea though. I can sit and pick faults in the series all day but i still enjoyed it. I loved The Host aswell.

message 11: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥ sHE beLIEveD (I_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 86 comments Twilight - It's really light and fluffy. The characters make me want to punch someone (and glad that I know guys who will actually let me have fun and don't try to control me, and are not stalkers - Garett/Connor/Alexx, if you guys are somehow reading this, I LOVE AWL YAWL :D especially Alexx. And Garett. Sorry, Connor, but you've been blowing me off so...). Most of the books is either Bella describing Edward or how much she loves him. It's dumb.

Host - The writing style is much less condescending to our reading abilities. It's a much better book :)

message 12: by Annaclaire (new)

Annaclaire | 28 comments Just like Harry Potter; I tried, but really couldn't get into it.

message 13: by Angela (new)

Angela B As stupid as having a vampire sparkle is I don't know why people seem to let that one thing ruin what I would say is a good series of books.
And I really liked The Host

message 14: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne (A-Town) | 42 comments Angela wrote: "As stupid as having a vampire sparkle is I don't know why people seem to let that one thing ruin what I would say is a good series of books.
And I really liked The Host"

Trust me, if the sparkly vampire thing were the only thing I had issues with, I wouldn't care, but I utterly detest Twilight for many of the reasons listed by Rachel and more.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm reading The Host right now and so far I am enjoying it. Well, I better get back to reading it.

message 16: by Kate (new)

Kate (dressagelover) | 46 comments I loved The Host and Twilight but all the books after Twilight just kind of didn't do anything for me. I heard The Host might be a series but I'm not sure, I kind of hope it is. Actually I hope it doesn't become one, she should leave it alone so it doesn't get bad. Not repeats of New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

A series really. The first book is long enough. I'm not done with it yet so I'm not sure.

message 18: by Jen (new)

Jen  (In the Closet With a Bibliophile) (Jen_thebibliophile) | 300 comments LOL. It is pretty long, but I was glad there would be another book. Twilight is supposed to be longer too, but she doesn't know when she will go back to it. Personally, I think that one is long enough at 4 books. It seemed to close quite nicely.

message 19: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (flyinglogicmonkey) | 150 comments There was the whole thing with Midnight Sun (This bugged me tremendously. Kinda diva-fit-ish...) and apparently she has a novella coming out this year.

I haven't read The Host, though I've heard it's better than Twilight. I might read it...maybe.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes, the novella is coming out. The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner  An Eclipse Novella by Stephenie MeyerThe Short Second Life of Bree Tanner: An Eclipse Novella.

I had so many question when Breaking Dawn ended. I was like what the heck. So, many loose ends that should or could be tied up and she types THE END. I was so mad that I threw the book on the floor and left it there for a month.

Ugh, it still makes me mad that I have so many questions that I wish she would of tied up.

But I did like the book.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes, the novella is coming out. The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner  An Eclipse Novella by Stephenie MeyerThe Short Second Life of Bree Tanner: An Eclipse Novella.

I had so many question when Breaking Dawn ended. I was like what the heck. So, many loose ends that should or could be tied up and she types THE END. I was so mad that I threw the book on the floor and left it there for a month.

Ugh, it still makes me mad that I have so many questions that I wish she would of tied up.

But I did like the book.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

I should also mention that I loved Midnight Sun. I think the book from Edwards point of view was way more intriguing then Twilight. I wish that she would finish it and write books like that for the rest of the series. I think I'll make Midnight Sun one of my re-reads for next month.

message 23: by Angela (new)

Angela B I didn't want to read Midnight Sun that isn't finished and it on line. Publish the damn thing woman!!!!

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

She has it posted on her website. If you are interested. That is where I found it.

message 25: by Kate (new)

Kate (dressagelover) | 46 comments Angela wrote: "I didn't want to read Midnight Sun that isn't finished and it on line. Publish the damn thing woman!!!!"

I totally agree. I haven't read it online and won't read it until it's published.

message 26: by Angela (new)

Angela B I think we might be waiting forever Kate

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes, you might.

But she did publish it kind of. She put it on her website for her fans to read without fear of stealing the information.

But for all of us I hope she does publish. I think it is great.

message 28: by Angela (new)

Angela B I don't really have the desire to read it off the website and it's too much to print out

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

It is a lot to print out. I wouldn't want to waste paper either. I was even starting to feel bad about having so many books that I went out and got a nook. Hopefully, I'll have it for years and I'll save thousands of trees. :) That would make me happy!

message 30: by Jen (new)

Jen  (In the Closet With a Bibliophile) (Jen_thebibliophile) | 300 comments You can't print out Midnight Sun. You can't copy, paste, or print it. If you want to read it, it must be online.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

I didn't know that. But of course, that is alot of paper. Did you like Midnight Sun?

message 32: by Jen (last edited May 29, 2010 07:14AM) (new)

Jen  (In the Closet With a Bibliophile) (Jen_thebibliophile) | 300 comments I really did. Because I knew it wasn't finished before I started it didn't bother me as much, like being prepped helped. (I'm odd, I know) There were some people who hated Twilight who said after they read it felt a little different. Not saying they now loved it or something, just that they uped their opinion a bit.

It's been awhile since I read it though. about a year.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes, it has been awhile. It was around the time that she announced it was on her site for her fans. Probably the beginning of 09 I'm thinking. Yup, it will have to be a re-read for the June Challenge.

message 34: by Stray, follow us on Twitter! (new)

Jordan wrote: "There was the whole thing with Midnight Sun (This bugged me tremendously. Kinda diva-fit-ish...) and apparently she has a novella coming out this year.

I haven't read The Host, though I've heard i..."

definitely better *raises hand* no sparkly vampires

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

LOL, I always love your answers. They make me laugh in a very good way. I agree with the I sparkle and you LOVE it part.

message 36: by Jo (new)

Jo I think it was better because she seemed to only concentrate on building Edwards character and she left Bella feeling quite flat and boring, so to hear it from his side was way more interesting. Bella just felt like a vessel to the vampire world.

message 37: by Stray, follow us on Twitter! (new)

❤ ☠ Elyssa ☠ ❤ wrote: "LOL, I always love your answers. They make me laugh in a very good way. I agree with the I sparkle and you LOVE it part."

mine? oh thanks ill write some more

message 38: by Stray, follow us on Twitter! (new)

Jo wrote: "I think it was better because she seemed to only concentrate on building Edwards character and she left Bella feeling quite flat and boring, so to hear it from his side was way more interesting. Be..."

which is kind of weird since its bella whos telling the story

message 39: by Jo (new)

Jo Yeah exactly!

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm just starting the blood type chapter. I always wondered why they left this part out of the movie. I think it makes her point of not liking blood at all even more ironic when she has to drink blood later on in book 4!! But hey, I'm just an average Jill. What do I know Hollywood?

message 41: by Joeanne (new)

Joeanne (MszMinne) | 27 comments To me shes not a good writer because she targeted to different audiences. Then when the movies came out it was somthing different. Compared to alot of paranormal romances for young adults, she still needs alot of work. Vampires were in and thats why it blew up so dang fast thats what i say.

message 42: by Stray, follow us on Twitter! (new)

so...you prefer authors that just write for a specific audience?

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm so so for the Twilight. It was a good fluff read and I read for just that. Not this literary master piece. Just for fun. Enjoyed but it did have issues. Like the stalking, possesive issues :(

But I loved The Host.

Didn't get to the Bree Tanner one. Or at least didn't pass page 5. Just got caught up with other things and books. Another book for another time. :)

message 44: by Jules (new)

Jules (fiddlebug13) I really really need to read The Host!!!!! AHHH its on my very very long list of books to read :)

message 45: by Stray, follow us on Twitter! (new)

you do need, its SO. MUCH. BETTER.THAN.TWI.LIGHT.
and as a bonus-no sparkling vamps!!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Twilight (other topics)
New Moon (other topics)
Eclipse (other topics)
Breaking Dawn (other topics)
Midnight Sun (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Stephenie Meyer (other topics)